Official Liverpool FC Thread

Moderators: Baphomet, kdawg32086

aggerrard
Rookie
Posts: 1,011
And1: 578
Joined: Nov 30, 2019
Location: Denmark
   

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#1801 » by aggerrard » Sun Oct 4, 2020 6:00 pm

And Alisson out with a shoulder injury. More test required to set a timeline. Doesn't sound good at all.

I don't like Adrian as our 2nd keeper, specially with Alisson suddenly out every other month.
aggerrard
Rookie
Posts: 1,011
And1: 578
Joined: Nov 30, 2019
Location: Denmark
   

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#1802 » by aggerrard » Sun Oct 4, 2020 6:24 pm

Good job Adrian... Seriously. Gotta get a better backup keeper.
aggerrard
Rookie
Posts: 1,011
And1: 578
Joined: Nov 30, 2019
Location: Denmark
   

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#1803 » by aggerrard » Sun Oct 4, 2020 7:00 pm

F*CK me. This is pathetic.
aggerrard
Rookie
Posts: 1,011
And1: 578
Joined: Nov 30, 2019
Location: Denmark
   

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#1804 » by aggerrard » Sun Oct 4, 2020 7:48 pm

Have to bench Firmino. Sorry to say. He is playing like an amateur. Honestly don't care about his workrate and work without the ball, when he - for the last 12-18 month - has been unfriends with the ball and fails to score or assist.
User avatar
magik9113
General Manager
Posts: 8,822
And1: 673
Joined: Feb 03, 2006
       

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#1805 » by magik9113 » Sun Oct 4, 2020 7:58 pm

7-2 What in the world
User avatar
Cactus Jack
RealGM
Posts: 19,564
And1: 9,983
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Location: Release the Kraken!
   

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#1806 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Oct 5, 2020 5:18 am

Lmao, I spend Sundays watching the NFL (all day), so I missed the game & commentary lol. Lucky me.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over

Sgt Major wrote:So their arena will be called Krakhouse and the fans Krakheads?

CrimsonCrew wrote:Russell Wilson is going to tear us apart if we play this way against him. He'll hang in and kill us deep.
aggerrard
Rookie
Posts: 1,011
And1: 578
Joined: Nov 30, 2019
Location: Denmark
   

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#1807 » by aggerrard » Mon Oct 5, 2020 6:49 am

Cactus Jack wrote:Lmao, I spend Sundays watching the NFL (all day), so I missed the game & commentary lol. Lucky me.

Yep, lucky you.

Just look at this from Adrian:

Read on Twitter
danfantastk32
Analyst
Posts: 3,512
And1: 1,229
Joined: Dec 20, 2015
     

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#1808 » by danfantastk32 » Mon Oct 5, 2020 3:15 pm

Wow...what an embarrassment.

I guess the part that bugs me, is that anytime we lose / rotate even just a couple guys...we turn into this complete garbage. 7 goals?? Give me a f* break!

Where was the pride?? Klopp has some work to do. I think this team got it's title, and now it's satisfied.
aggerrard
Rookie
Posts: 1,011
And1: 578
Joined: Nov 30, 2019
Location: Denmark
   

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#1810 » by aggerrard » Fri Oct 9, 2020 2:26 pm

User avatar
HIF
RealGM
Posts: 13,194
And1: 5,182
Joined: Mar 31, 2004
Location: France
         

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#1811 » by HIF » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:54 am

Great start by Pool but Van dyke is going off injured. That could be terrible news for Liverpool's season. Their defence isn't good enough without him.
No more talk about Family Riles. Just do you job! :noway:

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
User avatar
HIF
RealGM
Posts: 13,194
And1: 5,182
Joined: Mar 31, 2004
Location: France
         

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#1812 » by HIF » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:55 am

Sorry but Thiago doesn't look as good as people told me he was. Maybe he just needs a few weeks to acclimatise.
No more talk about Family Riles. Just do you job! :noway:

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
User avatar
Cactus Jack
RealGM
Posts: 19,564
And1: 9,983
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Location: Release the Kraken!
   

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#1813 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:30 pm

Robbed!

How long is Alisson out? We're kinda ****** without him.

It's being reported btw that VVD messed his ACL up & is likely out for the season. **** :cry:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over

Sgt Major wrote:So their arena will be called Krakhouse and the fans Krakheads?

CrimsonCrew wrote:Russell Wilson is going to tear us apart if we play this way against him. He'll hang in and kill us deep.
aggerrard
Rookie
Posts: 1,011
And1: 578
Joined: Nov 30, 2019
Location: Denmark
   

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#1814 » by aggerrard » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:22 pm

HIF wrote:Sorry but Thiago doesn't look as good as people told me he was. Maybe he just needs a few weeks to acclimatise.

Ehh, what game did you watch? He looked great to me.
aggerrard
Rookie
Posts: 1,011
And1: 578
Joined: Nov 30, 2019
Location: Denmark
   

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#1815 » by aggerrard » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:24 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Robbed!

How long is Alisson out? We're kinda ****** without him.

It's being reported btw that VVD messed his ACL up & is likely out for the season. **** :cry:

4-6 weeks i heard - and that's two weeks ago now. But with Alisson we don't really know. Hopefully as fast as possible.

Pickford is just clumsy, but that was a nasty challenge. Richarlison is a **** scumbag though.
aggerrard
Rookie
Posts: 1,011
And1: 578
Joined: Nov 30, 2019
Location: Denmark
   

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#1816 » by aggerrard » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:29 pm

And last one. Firmino once again had a very mediocre game - a bad game. I never get the feeling it will be dangerous or a dangerous situation will lead to a goal when Firmino gets involved. That's the situation. It's now 1 goal in his last 20 Premier League games. Time to bench him and give Jota and Minamino some more minutes.
User avatar
Cactus Jack
RealGM
Posts: 19,564
And1: 9,983
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Location: Release the Kraken!
   

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#1817 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:47 pm

aggerrard wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Robbed!

How long is Alisson out? We're kinda ****** without him.

It's being reported btw that VVD messed his ACL up & is likely out for the season. **** :cry:

4-6 weeks i heard - and that's two weeks ago now. But with Alisson we don't really know. Hopefully as fast as possible.

Pickford is just clumsy, but that was a nasty challenge. Richarlison is a **** scumbag though.

That was a really nasty kick. Thiago is lucky his leg didn't break.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over

Sgt Major wrote:So their arena will be called Krakhouse and the fans Krakheads?

CrimsonCrew wrote:Russell Wilson is going to tear us apart if we play this way against him. He'll hang in and kill us deep.
aggerrard
Rookie
Posts: 1,011
And1: 578
Joined: Nov 30, 2019
Location: Denmark
   

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#1818 » by aggerrard » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:57 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
aggerrard wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Robbed!

How long is Alisson out? We're kinda ****** without him.

It's being reported btw that VVD messed his ACL up & is likely out for the season. **** :cry:

4-6 weeks i heard - and that's two weeks ago now. But with Alisson we don't really know. Hopefully as fast as possible.

Pickford is just clumsy, but that was a nasty challenge. Richarlison is a **** scumbag though.

That was a really nasty kick. Thiago is lucky his leg didn't break.

And then he came out after the game and said;

“Everyone who knows my background knows that I was never a violent player.

What happened today was the result of sheer over-dedication. I did not enter that tackle with the intention of hurting Thiago. When I saw that the collision was going to happen, I picked up my foot and hit him with my knee going past him, which was inevitable due to the speed of the play.

I have already sent a message to him apologising and I also do it here publicly. I hope he hasn´t been hurt and everything is fine.

I also apologise to my teammates, my club and my fans for leaving them with one fewer at the end of the game. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do to change what happened, other than to reflect, work and move on.“

Just for then posting this on twitter:

Read on Twitter


What a tool...
User avatar
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
Posts: 20,596
And1: 4,992
Joined: Jul 14, 2010

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#1819 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:54 pm

aggerrard wrote:
HIF wrote:Sorry but Thiago doesn't look as good as people told me he was. Maybe he just needs a few weeks to acclimatise.

Ehh, what game did you watch? He looked great to me.

If someone isn't familiar with Liverpool's offensive tactics (especially pre-Thiago), then I could possibly see why they don't understand all of the hoopla surrounding him. He makes the game look so easy and passes so effortlessly that someone might think "He's just playing the game the way it's supposed to be played".

However, if you are familiar with Liverpool, you know his presence on the pitch is immense and has positively impacted our offensive dynamism, the ability to control the ball, and the quality of our goal scoring chances. Watching him command the midfield and constantly probe for a pass that will put defenders on their heels has been awesome.

We no longer have to over-rely upon crosses from Andy and TAA into the box, Mane's dribbling skills, or breaks as the main ways to generate quality shots. Having a midfield that can efficiently and effectively create for others has been a good (and I'd argue much needed) addition.

aggerrard wrote:And last one. Firmino once again had a very mediocre game - a bad game. I never get the feeling it will be dangerous or a dangerous situation will lead to a goal when Firmino gets involved. That's the situation. It's now 1 goal in his last 20 Premier League games. Time to bench him and give Jota and Minamino some more minutes.

Hmm...I actually feel kinda sorry for Bobby. In the past, he was critiqued for his lack of goal-scoring but he plays as a false nine and was valued for his ability to create chances for Mané and Salah.

Now, with Keita's increase in minutes played and Thiago's skills, the offensive versatility of our midfield is much stronger and the importance of Bobby's role offensively has diminished. If Firmino can't get involved offensively as much as he used to and can only really impact the game defensively, I agree that Jota and Minamino should get more minutes and potentially even start over him as they are younger, faster (i.e. can press more quickly), and are probably just as effective goal scorers as him.

Honestly, I want to give him a bit more time to see if he can figure out how to be more impactful given our current structure. If not, he may need to have his playing time reduced.
User avatar
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
Posts: 20,596
And1: 4,992
Joined: Jul 14, 2010

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#1820 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:25 pm

Considering all that has happened in the last week and the team on the pitch, I’ll be content with a draw.

Return to The General Soccer Board