2020-21 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 354

Re: 2020-21 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread 

Post#41 » by Det the Threat » Wed Oct 7, 2020 11:44 am

Foye wrote:6 hours left in the transfer window, we haven't addressed a single need (FBs, DMs, LW/RW) but increased our hopeless situation by selling Baku last week.
Even Bielefeld has a more competitive roster than we do.

Well done Schröder, well done.

Det I bought some Flatex stocks lately. Does that qualify me to be a Gladbach supporter? :lol:

Sure why not.
I mean, given that 5-4 cup win for us many years ago with every fan celebrating every goal ther is/was somewhat of a fan friendship anyways.

Though, get ready for another team that hardly will get it done when it matters most. :wink: :lol:
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,504

Post#42 » by Andi Obst » Wed Oct 7, 2020 5:17 pm

You guys should jump on the Big City Club bandwagon before it's t...

...okay, I can't do that without laughing.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,444

Post#43 » by Foye » Thu Oct 8, 2020 6:15 pm

Det the Threat wrote:
Foye wrote:6 hours left in the transfer window, we haven't addressed a single need (FBs, DMs, LW/RW) but increased our hopeless situation by selling Baku last week.
Even Bielefeld has a more competitive roster than we do.

Well done Schröder, well done.

Det I bought some Flatex stocks lately. Does that qualify me to be a Gladbach supporter? :lol:

Sure why not.
I mean, given that 5-4 cup win for us many years ago with every fan celebrating every goal ther is/was somewhat of a fan friendship anyways.

Though, get ready for another team that hardly will get it done when it matters most. :wink: :lol:

I don't mind, at least you are getting it done in the league most of the time.

Mainz lost the friendly match against Karlsruhe today.
They are scoreless at the bottom of the table in the 2nd league and did not play with their first team.
And Mainz conceeded not once, not twice, not thrice...four goals...against a team that couldn't score once in the 2nd league in 270 minutes. At this point...all you can do is laugh about how crap Mainz roster is constructed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#44 » by JohnPferdelack » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:36 pm

The big city club could be the next team with a new coach.
Another loss, this time at home against Stuttgart...
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#45 » by Andi Obst » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:18 pm

JohnPferdelack wrote:The big city club could be the next team with a new coach.

Currently going for another one against Leipzig.

Preetz is the one who should be fired though. He basically put together the dumbest team I have ever seen. There are some talented players on the team for sure, but the team lacks leadership and intelligence. It's painful to watch. With the amount of money he had available, this team is just an unacceptable result.

Week 5 and I have checked out (last year it took 4 weeks, I believe, so...progress I guess). See you next season, guys.

Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#46 » by Andi Obst » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:11 pm

In other news, Stieler could be replaced by a blind man and you wouldn't notice a difference. Not the reason Hertha lost, but that guy just blows his whistle and hands out cards when he feels like it.

The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#47 » by The_Brecht » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:40 pm

I feel for Foye.
How did Mainz not even get a point today?
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
Det the Threat
Head Coach

Post#48 » by Det the Threat » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:54 pm

The_Brecht wrote:I feel for Foye.

Because they're not that good and we actually turned it on during the final 30 minutes.

Stats for the game.
Possession: Mainz 40% Gladbach 60%
Shots: Mainz 15 Gladbach 21
etc.

That defense of Mainz looks really bad and easy to be scored on(even though they were trying every hold in the book) and their keeper would give me heart attacks as soon as he touches the ball with his feet.

Still, of course it's crap for Foye but he's been calling that for some time now.

BTW: Rocco Reitz is a player.
Foye

Post#49 » by Foye » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:57 pm

Det the Threat wrote:
The_Brecht wrote:I feel for Foye.

Because they're not that good and we actually turned it on during the final 30 minutes.

Stats for the game.
Possession: Mainz 40% Gladbach 60%
Shots: Mainz 15 Gladbach 21
etc.

That defense of Mainz looks really bad and easy to be scored on(even though they were trying every hold in the book) and their keeper would give me heart attacks as soon as he touches the ball with his feet.

Still, of course it's crap for Foye but he's been calling that for some time now.

BTW: Rocco Reitz is a player.

It took a questionable penalty for you to take care of this game.
That ball was well above the tshirt-line.
So lets not act like this was an easy win for Gladbach. Fairly lucky that the ref had a mental brainfart in your favour I would say.

Then again as I have been saying for weeks:

The team is garbage and the training staff is garbage.

You have Quaison who is a defensive liability on the wing causing the 1:0 (happened multiple times already this season). He needs to be in the OM position.

You have Boetius who is absolutely incapable of running an offense in the OM position.
He should be left winger.

You have Brosinski who does not have a left foot on the LB position and Spain u21 international EC champion Aaron Martin in the stands.

At 2:2 your coach decides to randomly sub off the entire DM that has been working at least okay this game...WHYYYYYYY? Barreiro and Fernandes never got a foot in this game when subbed on. Stupid decision.

And the worst of all...you bring in Ji who wouldnt make a difference in Amateur football instead of your clubs biggest talent in Paul Nebel? What the **** hell?

All you need to do to beat Mainz is play on your right or our left side.
Quaison will jog back and Brosinski has absolutely no left foot and is supposed to play LB.
Whenever he gets the ball on the left side he will just kick it forward as far as he can.

Everyone in the entire league has understood this. Everyone but our incapable staff and management.
Det the Threat
Head Coach

Post#50 » by Det the Threat » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:37 pm

Foye wrote:It took a questionable penalty for you to take care of this game.
So lets not act like this was an easy win for Gladbach. Fairly lucky that the ref had a mental brainfart in your favour I would say.

Never said it was an easy win but once we brought on Plea, Thuram, Neuhaus, Hofmann we clearly controlled it.

Questionable penalty?
Thuram's shot was blocked by the arm of your defender who had those spread like wings.
Really stupid way to "move" in your own box and clearly a penalty.

Anyways, I think you guys tried hard but if it wasn't for Mateta and Quaison it would look really bad going forward.
Foye

Post#51 » by Foye » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:55 pm

Det the Threat wrote:

Never said it was an easy win but once we brought on Plea, Thuram, Neuhaus, Hofmann we clearly controlled it.

Questionable penalty?
Thuram's shot was blocked by the arm of your defender who had those spread like wings.

Anyways, I think you guys tried hard but if it wasn't for Mateta and Quaison it would look really bad going forward.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportschau.de/fussball/ifab-handspiel-schulter-oberarm-gelbe-karten-100.amp

Ball hit him pretty clearly above the newly implemented t-shirt line. Does not matter whether it was stupid defending or not (it certainly was, though). It wasnt a penalty under the new rules.
Det the Threat
Head Coach

Post#52 » by Det the Threat » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:37 pm

Foye wrote:
Det the Threat wrote:

Questionable penalty?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportschau.de/fussball/ifab-handspiel-schulter-oberarm-gelbe-karten-100.amp

Ball hit him pretty clearly above the newly implemented t-shirt line. Does not matter whether it was stupid defending or not (it certainly was, though). It wasnt a penalty under the new rules.

I think it was his arm but whatever...
Though, I can certainly understand you being unhappy with how the game ended.

BTW:
Do you have any faith left in Schröder?
Seems like he clearly lost his touch and you're mostly just losing players without really replacing them.

I also don't get, like you've said, why managers would play Brosinski at left back.
He's a great crosser of the ball with his right foot and given that Mateta's up top, that would be a dangerous combination.
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#53 » by JohnPferdelack » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:09 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
JohnPferdelack wrote:The big city club could be the next team with a new coach.

Preetz is the one who should be fired though. He basically put together the dumbest team I have ever seen. There are some talented players on the team for sure, but the team lacks leadership and intelligence. It's painful to watch. With the amount of money he had available, this team is just an unacceptable result.

The sad fact is that in my opinion Preetz' job is safe instead of Bruno's.
Even if the remplace Bruno, they will still have the same problem(s).
Foye

Post#54 » by Foye » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:48 am

Det the Threat wrote:
Foye wrote:
Det the Threat wrote:

Questionable penalty?

I think it was his arm but whatever...
Though, I can certainly understand you being unhappy with how the game ended.

BTW:
Do you have any faith left in Schröder?
Seems like he clearly lost his touch and you're mostly just losing players without really replacing them.

I also don't get, like you've said, why managers would play Brosinski at left back.
He's a great crosser of the ball with his right foot and given that Mateta's up top, that would be a dangerous combination.

Only faith I have is that Schröder will run this club in the ground.
You just have to look at the press conferences with him to know this guy does not have what it takes to be a top manager.
Whenever a reporter makes a valid point he just goes into defense mode without even trying to understand the points.
What bugs me the most is not even his absent ability to receive criticism, analyze it and try to learn from it.

What bugs me the most is his incapability to understand what success is:
Every year, our development goes in a worse and worse direction.
Yet, he keeps bragging about "success" that didn't even exist.
Last year it was match day 5 or 6 and he kept bragging about wins against Hoffenheim (down to 10 man), Eintracht (running on the last heels from EL) and draws against Leipzig.
This year it is match day 4, you are deadlast in the table and he keeps talking about how they made a great home game against Leverkusen last year. Last year, Leverkusen won the game against us playing 10 vs. 11.
Or keeps talking about Dortmund win last year which was an utterly pointless game for Dortmund. Nothing anyone should brag about.

Dude should keep his mouth shut until they have managed to string together 3 wins in a row. Meaning he should keep his mouth shut all season. Because it is painfully obvious, we won't string together 3 wins all season thanks to his inability to construct a roster.

Brosinski is a scrub and I don't even blame him. He is giving his best, playing out of position in the twilight of his career. I have the greatest amount of respect for what he is doing. However, he doesn't have what it takes anymore to run up and down the field for 90 minutes. Needless to say playing him out of position...he is confronted with his insanely weak left foot far too often. Only option he has then is to hoist it up the field. Watching him try to make a cross with the left foot is really painful. Playmaking with him on the left side simple not possible.
For players like him, if you have to rely on him, you absolutely have to try to make things easy for him so he will not look like a net negative on the pitch. Playing him out of position is definitely not making things easy for him. It embarrasses me to see this level of incompetence in our coaching staff week in week out. To make it even worse, they position Quaison ahead of him at LW who is a SoMa-level when it comes to tracking back to defend.

On the right side, as you mention...Brosinski would in theory at least on offense be a little bit more effective.
Although, I have to say. I still consider St. Juste to be the better option for RB even though his crosses are garbage quality.

To be honest with you.
I don't even think the roster is that bad and that far away from being competitive despite all the terrible mistakes Schröder and Beierlorzer, etc. made in the past.
What they need to do is maximize what they have. And here we come to the next issue.
Lichte is now supposed to turn the things around. He has been part of the mess that has happened in the club for years.
He used to be responsible for the set pieces (which have been garbage for the club both on offense and defense for years).
How is someone who has been part of the problem for years going to turn things around? I don't see it.

If they were going for an internal solution. Both the U19 and U17 coaches are doing great work.
U19 squad just beat Bayern U19 4-0. Those were our options to get the most out of the roster.
Foye

Post#55 » by Foye » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:32 pm

Another week, same mistakes.
Same stupid starting XI that wasnt working. Same result.

Nebel is playing against 4th league opposition and Ji allowed to play Bundesliga.

I guess nobody has to understand that.
Det the Threat
Head Coach

Post#56 » by Det the Threat » Sun Nov 1, 2020 8:07 am

Foye wrote:Another week, same mistakes.

Nebel is playing against 4th league opposition and Ji allowed to play Bundesliga.

Yeah, that's going to be a hell of a comeback if you're staying up this season.
The only positive, so far, is that there are a couple of other clubs that started just as bad as you and could be behind you if you'd win one game.

Next week against Schalke will be massive and if you can't beat them I don't really know who you can beat(with the current setup at manager) these days.

BTW: We beat Leipzig, in a really ugly game, 1-0 and Wolf(who's been pretty bad so far) scored the winner.
We even got a clean sheet(third one in 2020) and were able to hold on to the lead unlike Tuesday.
Foye

Post#57 » by Foye » Sun Nov 1, 2020 9:08 am

Det the Threat wrote:
Foye wrote:Another week, same mistakes.

Yeah, that's going to be a hell of a comeback if you're staying up this season.
The only positive, so far, is that there are a couple of other clubs that started just as bad as you and could be behind you if you'd win one game.

Next week against Schalke will be massive and if you can't beat them I don't really know who you can beat(with the current setup at manager) these days.

BTW: We beat Leipzig, in a really ugly game, 1-0 and Wolf(who's been pretty bad so far) scored the winner.
We even got a clean sheet(third one in 2020) and were able to hold on to the lead unlike Tuesday.

Honestly, I dont even care anymore.
Club deserves to be relegated for all the mistakes we have done in the past 3 years.
Schröder has developed the club into the new HSV.
About time to get rid of him. The sooner the better.
Young Stapler
General Manager
And1: 5,952

Post#58 » by Young Stapler » Mon Nov 2, 2020 12:32 am

I guess Köln can be happy that they didnt get destroyed by Bayern lol
Foye

Post#59 » by Foye » Sat Nov 7, 2020 10:28 pm

We got a point looool
Young Stapler
General Manager
And1: 5,952

Post#60 » by Young Stapler » Sat Nov 7, 2020 11:36 pm

Even Köln got themselves another point. Also well deserved win for Bayern they were once again just so clinical. I did like the Håland goal.

Return to The General Soccer Board