Transfer Thread 2021/22

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Re: Transfer Thread 2021/22 

Post#101 » by HIF » Fri Jan 7, 2022 9:35 am

Surprised Todd Cantwell hasn't had interest from a decent PL team. He has talent and is only 23. I'd have him at Leicester.

Sounds like Digne is pricing himself out of a transfer. He's a good player (with baggage) and again I'd like him at Leicester but he's not worth 100K a week unless you are one of the big 6 who pay that sort of money for any player.

Couthino is apparently on the verge of signing for Villa (with Leicester a possibility). Great player even though AM is our strongest position at the moment but don't think we could afford his salary. Surprised that Villa can either but clearly they need a Grealish replacement.

Traore isn't getting the love he deserves. Yes he isn't a goal scorer but he is such a threat that he makes other players more likely to score. his pace would fit well with Barnes and Vardy/Patson but we won't be in for him.

Liverpool could be looking to offload a couple of young defenders - I think a lot of prem teams would be interested in both players. I would and could see Brendan asking for a loan to buy transfer which Liverpool won't do with us.

Danny Rose - washed up and finished, he looks as bad as Ryan Bertrand.

Martial to Newcastle on loan to the end of the season, seems a great move for all concerned.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,612

Post#102 » by Baphomet » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:04 pm

Weird happenings in the Ousmane Dembele saga, Barca say they want him gone immediately and that he'll be sold before Jan 31st, but Dembele himself denies refusing to play.

Will be a risk for whoever decides to pick him up. Good player but massively injury prone and will be on very high wages. Will most likely see a loan deal covering a percentage of the salary with obligation to buy in the summer.
HIF
RealGM

Post#103 » by HIF » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:18 am

Leicester, who have badly needed a CB or 2 due to injuries have said they can't find anyone suitable. What? Our 2 best CBs are CMs who are both away at AFCON. A one legged retired championship CB is better than Vestergaard. What are we doing? Giving up on this season entirely and hoping that someone will come to a mid table prem team with no European competition?

The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#104 » by The_Brecht » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:28 pm

Tbf, it's a hard transfer window for everyone, it seems.

Arsenal is in desperate need of at least two central midfielders and a striker, but all they have done at the moment is let go of players.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#105 » by Baphomet » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:53 pm

PL transfer updates per Romano:

- Spurs in talks to sign Adama Traore, fee will be around 20-25m which is good value if it goes ahead
- Arsenal trying to get Arthur on loan from Juventus, pending a replacement
- City in talks with Julian Alvarez' representatives over a pre-agreement for a summer move
- Diego Carlos and Lingard to Newcastle
- PSG looking at loaning Ndombele from Spurs with an obligation to buy
HIF
RealGM

Post#106 » by HIF » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:32 am

The_Brecht wrote:Tbf, it's a hard transfer window for everyone, it seems.

Arsenal is in desperate need of at least two central midfielders and a striker, but all they have done at the moment is let go of players.

I don't see how it can be hard for Leicester to get a CB in on loan that is better than Verstergaard or playing our CDM at CB. I've seen Liverpool wanting to loan out 2 of theirs for a start. I'd take Nat Philips to the end of the season. We are certainly no threat to Liverpool in the league this season.

HIF
RealGM

Post#107 » by HIF » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:40 am

I think Traore would be a great pickup for Spurs. I'd like him at Leicester. it doesn't matter that he can't shoot he terrifies defenders and Leicester have the speed in other players that he can set them up.

LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer
And1: 856

Post#108 » by LDNMagic90 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:35 pm

So it looks like Vlahovic is going to Juventus.
Bentancur is off to Villa
Boubacar Kamara is off to Man Utd
Gosens is off to Inter.

I think Arsenal have put all their eggs in one basket with Vlahovic and now its backfired, they'll probably move for Calvert-Lewin or Isak.

This last week of the window will be interesting.
HIF
RealGM

Post#109 » by HIF » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:57 pm

LDNMagic90 wrote:So it looks like Vlahovic is going to Juventus.
Gosens is off to Inter.

I think Arsenal have put all their eggs in one basket with Vlahovic and now its backfired, they'll probably move for Calvert-Lewin or Isak.

Can't see them getting DCL in this window (if ever).

This is the price of missing out on Europe and it can affect any big club.

LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#110 » by LDNMagic90 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:52 pm

HIF wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:So it looks like Vlahovic is going to Juventus.
Gosens is off to Inter.

Can't see them getting DCL in this window (if ever).

This is the price of missing out on Europe and it can affect any big club.

To be honest Arsenal are the masters of being linked with big players and not pulling them off. They'd be smart to try take advantage of Evertons situation right now but I doubt Arsenal sign anyone this window maybe Arthur? Bruno is off the list now seeming that Newcastle are about to sign him.
The_Brecht
Starter

Post#111 » by The_Brecht » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:48 pm

LDNMagic90 wrote:To be honest Arsenal are the masters of being linked with big players and not pulling them off. They'd be smart to try take advantage of Evertons situation right now but I doubt Arsenal sign anyone this window maybe Arthur? Bruno is off the list now seeming that Newcastle are about to sign him.

Media know new about Arsenal generates clicks, so they take their profit.
Every transfer rumour, you should approach with a serious bag of salt.

Also, sometimes agents offer their players to a club, leak it to journalists, who then make their headline 'club X is interested in player Y'.

- Dust means thirsty.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,248

Post#112 » by Shaazzam » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:45 pm

The_Brecht wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:To be honest Arsenal are the masters of being linked with big players and not pulling them off. They'd be smart to try take advantage of Evertons situation right now but I doubt Arsenal sign anyone this window maybe Arthur? Bruno is off the list now seeming that Newcastle are about to sign him.

Also, sometimes agents offer their players to a club, leak it to journalists, who then make their headline 'club X is interested in player Y'.

omg man yoo is always linked to everyonnnnne
i dont believe anything until its announced
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#113 » by LDNMagic90 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:54 pm

The_Brecht wrote:

Yeah it’s facts, most of the time transfers work that way. Where I work I have a couple agents that work in the same building, they pretty much said they just call multiple clubs to get a feel of what a players worth.

Then the agents get in contact with journalists(some journalist literally hang around teams and agents also to get small bits of info) and then that gets thrown out to us but it’s happened from weeks prior.
The_Brecht
Starter

Post#114 » by The_Brecht » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:41 pm

I mean, at the moment there's a huge investigation in Belgium.
One of the points is that some journalist got payed to hype players/managers in the newspapers (higher rating, praise in articles) and got some money or presents after a transfer of that player.

I can't imagine it does not happen in other countries as well.

- Dust means thirsty.
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#115 » by LDNMagic90 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:28 am

The_Brecht wrote:I mean, at the moment there's a huge investigation in Belgium.
One of the points is that some journalist got payed to hype players/managers in the newspapers (higher rating, praise in articles) and got some money or presents after a transfer of that player.

I can't imagine it does not happen in other countries as well.

Oh definitely, football(soccer) is one of the shadiest and most corrupt sports on the planet. Anytime a scandal happens, I always think to my self 'this is happening in the whole world, its just gets overlooked or no one has bothered to investigate'. Majority of the transfers we see happen are a bit shady if I'm honest.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#116 » by Baphomet » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:46 pm

Adama on his way to Barca, apparently. Looks like a Mendes classic.

Spurs trying to sign Luis Diaz instead, a far superior player imo but will cost a lot more. I'm not optimistic of signing or selling anyone at this point, very difficult window for everyone.
HIF
RealGM

Post#117 » by HIF » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:35 am

Baphomet wrote:Adama on his way to Barca, apparently. Looks like a Mendes classic.

Spurs trying to sign Luis Diaz instead, a far superior player imo but will cost a lot more. I'm not optimistic of signing or selling anyone at this point, very difficult window for everyone.

Adama is so undervalued by many simply because he doesn't score. I'd have loved him at Leicester with our present lineup. He simply terrifies defences with his speed. He sucks in defenders like a vacuum and then he beats them. What he needs is players fast enough to get up the field with him to recieve his pass or cross. Vardy, Daka, Lookman, Barnes all could do that. It'd be a goal every 2 attacks.

Spurs already have the players to challenge for top 5 but it'll be interesting if Conté doesn't get a player or two. He already seems to have set Spurs up with the excuse if they don't.

HIF
RealGM

Post#118 » by HIF » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:48 am

Baphomet wrote:Adama on his way to Barca, apparently. Looks like a Mendes classic.

Diaz to Liverpool is what I read.

LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#119 » by LDNMagic90 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:30 pm

I don't know if its Levy, or if players don't want to go to Tottenham because they are waiting for another club. But it's really odd that Tottenham get into positions to sign really good players and then it doesn't happen. I'm going with it being Levy, I was hearing he pissed off Diaz agent so the talks just halted.
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#120 » by LDNMagic90 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:34 pm

Kulusevski to Tottenham on a loan with a view to buy, probably will happen due to the Juventus connections at Tottenham.

Return to The General Soccer Board