Official Liverpool FC Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

aggerrard
Sixth Man
And1: 949

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#1961 » by aggerrard » Fri Mar 5, 2021 9:26 am

Well. 5 losses in a row at home. New club record. Gotta say we're going down with a bang. 68 games without a defeat followed up by 5 losses. That's almost equally as impressive.

Garbage season. I honestly don't believe in top-4 anymore. The game yesterday was embarrassing and the most alarming thing is that Klopp seems lost. The substitutes he made, made no sense at all. Salah is the only guy who can score on the team, yet down 1-0 he is taking him out. Curtis is the only one from the midfield who creates some offense. Yet he replaced him with a very rusty Oxlade, who is so far from an acceptable level. To top it off he brought in Milner with 10 minutes left. Klopp needs a ton of blame for that showing. Hopefully he clears his mind before next season, because decisions like those yesterday should be unacceptable.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,529

Post#1962 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Mar 5, 2021 1:44 pm

aggerrard wrote:Well. 5 losses in a row at home. New club record. Gotta say we're going down with a bang. 68 games without a defeat followed up by 5 losses. That's almost equally as impressive.

Garbage season. I honestly don't believe in top-4 anymore. The game yesterday was embarrassing and the most alarming thing is that Klopp seems lost. The substitutes he made, made no sense at all. Salah is the only guy who can score on the team, yet down 1-0 he is taking him out. Curtis is the only one from the midfield who creates some offense. Yet he replaced him with a very rusty Oxlade, who is so far from an acceptable level. To top it off he brought in Milner with 10 minutes left. Klopp needs a ton of blame for that showing. Hopefully he clears his mind before next season, because decisions like those yesterday should be unacceptable.

I will say, I think Klopp gets a bit of a pass this season with the injuries. But if this trend continues early on into next season, he'll be gone.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
aggerrard
Sixth Man

Post#1963 » by aggerrard » Sun Mar 7, 2021 1:38 pm

Neco, Rhys and Nat in the defense tonight. Yikes.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1964 » by HIF » Sun Mar 7, 2021 3:53 pm

Wow! What are you guys doing? Over 20 points behind Man city. I didn't think it was possible for you not to make the CL but it looks like you're trying hard to do that at the moment.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
aggerrard
Sixth Man

Post#1965 » by aggerrard » Sun Mar 7, 2021 4:06 pm

We did it 6 times :clap:
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#1966 » by NyCeEvO » Sun Mar 7, 2021 4:17 pm

This team is broken beyond belief. Comfortably losing to relegation teams means that AT BEST Liverpool has relegation form. (I watched Arsenal’s last match and even their form is markedly better than ours.)

They are playing as if 11 people who have never played together were picked off the street at random, asked to put on a Liverpool kit, and a win against a Premier League side.

This isn’t just a mere drop in form and this is not just due to injury. Only something catastrophic that we do not know about can explain what has happened. While I believe there was a noticeable drop in form when we initially returned from unforeseen break due to COVID, this is way worse than that.

The fans deserve an explanation. I am sure it wouldn’t be given now, but this needs to be addressed at season’s end.

They look like they hate playing with each other. Each of them looks dispirited. At the very least, there should be personal pride and a desire to fight for your next contract, either with Liverpool or your next club, and I’m not even seeing that from the players.

I can only begin to speculate what has caused a team that was at the top of the table at the start of the New Year and with a home streak of 50+ matches without a loss to losing 6 in a row at home shortly thereafter to teams at the bottom of the table.

Yes, we’ve had an injury crisis and Klopp has decided to play some players out of position. That still doesn’t explain how we’re losing so easily (even at home) and to teams of Fulham’s quality.

Wholesale changes are needed. I’m at the point where I don’t want to see half of the team don a Liverpool kit ever again. If you can’t play for the team, at least play for yourself. If you can’t do that, get off the pitch.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,529

Post#1967 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Mar 7, 2021 6:31 pm

This team has quit. The time for a new manager might be coming sooner than we thought boys.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
DNP - Old
Rookie
And1: 1,262

Post#1968 » by DNP - Old » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:40 am

Well, the bright side of things is a 0-1 home loss tonight is acceptable :lol: ... :(
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#1969 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:00 pm

Cmon boys...it’s a new day! A solid performance tonight and we can carry over good vibes to the Premiership. Let’s go!
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#1970 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:04 pm

We can win this, but they’re attacking the right side of the back line hard (and justifiably so). TAA is a poor defender and Nat is quite slow. Every time Nat goes to the right wide channel to defend, I cringe.

I’m also afraid that the high line will come back to bite us. Nat is slow and Ozan’s positional awareness isn’t great. We are vulnerable whenever they lob the ball over top.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#1971 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:16 pm

Great win!

After today, Klopp should never play Fabinho at CB again unless as a temporary substitute.

If I could divide the game into thirds, I think Fabinho was MOTM of the first 30min; Thiago, the second 30min; and Nat, the last 3rd.

I think Fabinho truly set the tone for the rest of the Mach and commanded the midfield to thwart any potential threats.

While Thiago isn’t a natural fit for Klopp’s system, as long as he works hard and doesn’t overcommit or make poor challenges, he can be a significant positive for us on the pitch.

Carry this over to the Premier League. I do expect Premier League clubs to continue testing our back line, but I’d rather sacrifice quality in the back than quality in the midfield. Our system feeds the front 3. It’s clear that when we have an organized defensive shape, we can get the ball to our front 3 in space to finish like tonight.

EDIT: And I almost forgot...Jota needs to stay as a starter. Jota’s energy is so important to our press and he has better pace with the ball compared to Bobby.
HIF
RealGM

Post#1972 » by HIF » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:46 am

Level just isn't as high as the prem. :-)

aggerrard
Sixth Man

Post#1973 » by aggerrard » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:06 pm

HIF wrote:Level just isn't as high as the prem. :-)

LFC are just worldbeaters in Budapest.
HIF
RealGM

Post#1974 » by HIF » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:58 pm

aggerrard wrote:

I wish you all the best in the CL. The only reason I wouldn't want you to win it would be if it cost us a CL place through the premier league.

aggerrard
Sixth Man

Post#1975 » by aggerrard » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:08 pm

HIF wrote:
aggerrard wrote:

I wish you all the best in the CL. The only reason I wouldn't want you to win it would be if it cost us a CL place through the premier league.

Hehe. A CL trophy is the only thing left to save a miserable season :lol:

Don't wanna play in EL, rather just full focus on the Prem if it can't be the CL
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#1976 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:03 pm

We got a good combination of draws and losses from those in above us in the table to keep us in the race for top 6. I’d even dare to say that there is even a slight chance at squeezing into the top 4 but it would require us to return close to our title-winning form.

For now, let’s just take things game by game. If we win this game against Wolves, I do think the boys will start to believe that they can climb the table. Let’s see...
aggerrard
Sixth Man

Post#1977 » by aggerrard » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:48 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:We got a good combination of draws and losses from those in above us in the table to keep us in the race for top 6. I’d even dare to say that there is even a slight chance at squeezing into the top 4 but it would require us to return close to our title-winning form.

For now, let’s just take things game by game. If we win this game against Wolves, I do think the boys will start to believe that they can climb the table. Let’s see...

F... top-6 :wink:

It's top-4 or bust. Rather be 8th instead of 6th and avoid playing Europa League next season. Top-4 still there, but think it'll take 8 wins in the last 9 games. Chances for that with our current situation is very unlikely.

But give me a CHL throphy and i'd happily accept this terrible season :lol:
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#1978 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:47 pm

aggerrard wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:We got a good combination of draws and losses from those in above us in the table to keep us in the race for top 6. I’d even dare to say that there is even a slight chance at squeezing into the top 4 but it would require us to return close to our title-winning form.

F... top-6 :wink:

It's top-4 or bust. Rather be 8th instead of 6th and avoid playing Europa League next season. Top-4 still there, but think it'll take 8 wins in the last 9 games. Chances for that with our current situation is very unlikely.

But give me a CHL throphy and i'd happily accept this terrible season :lol:

I think nearly every fan of any team would take a Champions League trophy, regardless of how well or poor the season has gone for them LOL. The CL is almost always the goal (at least for the players) and never a consolation.

I’m always a proponent of being in European competitions regardless of its standard, because being in more competitions brings the club more money and more money means being able to get more and/or better players.

Our excellence in the previous three seasons is even more amazing considering how infrequently Klopp rotates players. He only gives subs playing time when one of the starting XI are injured or in competitions he doesn’t value.

I envy City’s ability to almost always put out a strong team regardless of the competition. I want us to be able to afford as many good players as possible, so that we can do the same. I want us to be able to proactively rest players so we can keep them fresh, avoid them being overworked leading to injury, and sustain high quality play for as long as possible.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#1979 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:53 pm

Chelsea’s loss to WBA only matters for us if we win today. The opportunity is there for us to firmly be in the fight for that 4th spot. We need to grab it by the horns.

But if I’m being truthful, I’m scared of another post-break let down.
HIF
RealGM

Post#1980 » by HIF » Sat Apr 3, 2021 5:22 pm

Must win today?

Return to The General Soccer Board