Total votes: 59

UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,441

Re: Bigger surprise? Messi to PSG vs Cristiano returns to Man Utd 

Post#21 » by UcanUwill » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:09 pm

Cubbies2120 wrote:
SUPERVILLAIN wrote:
VeritasTri wrote:Biggest surprise is having to see soccer garbage on a basketball forum.

Here's the attention you ordered douchebag.

He makes a point (not specifically about soccer). Where do we draw the line? Can I make posts about e-sports as well? Maybe some chess threads? The World Series of Poker is coming up soon, we could do a thread for that as well on the Basketball General Board.

Or, we can use the off topic / other sports boards within Realgm...but those won't get you the clicks and attention you want since they're not so frequently visited.

Its not hard to draw a line here... Ronaldo and Messi are still global phenom athletes signing with some if the biggest sports franchises of all time, I think that can get a pass as OT thread here.

I really dont like when people say where do we draw the line, when most of the time its obvious where to draw it. It is like when Trump used this same excuse when America where taking down slavers confederate generals' statues.
Sgt Major
Head Coach
And1: 15,461

Post#22 » by Sgt Major » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:17 pm

It's called football.

Handegg is not that, don't let anyone fool you.
Det. Frank Pembleton: You know, sometimes you're funny. Then there's now.
miamiheat319
Veteran
And1: 7,020

Post#23 » by miamiheat319 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:19 pm

This is a basketball forum
NBA Jersey connoisseur
https://youtu.be/k-PaOWxvnz0
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,793

Post#24 » by DreamTeam09 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:26 pm

I thought he went to man city not united? I'm less impressed now

In Raptor Ball I Trust
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,328

Post#25 » by clyde21 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:31 pm

VeritasTri wrote:Biggest surprise is having to see soccer garbage on a basketball forum.

soccer > you
clyde21
RealGM

Post#26 » by clyde21 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:32 pm

Harry Garris wrote:
Liam_Gallagher wrote:Basketball terms: Durant signs with Celtics, LeBron signs with Cavs.

Man United are not the Cavs lmao. They're the 3rd highest valuation football club in the world. PSG isn't either for that matter. It's actually more similar to Lebron signing with the Lakers and KD signing with the Nets, ironically.

his point is that Cristiano returned to the team where it all started, i.e. Cavs for LeBron...hes not comparing the franchises.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,355

Post#27 » by xdrta+ » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:32 pm

miamiheat319 wrote:This is a basketball forum

Yeah, RealGM should really have a soccer forum. Oh, wait.....
clyde21
RealGM

Post#28 » by clyde21 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:33 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
miamiheat319 wrote:This is a basketball forum

Yeah, RealGM should really have a soccer forum. Oh, wait.....

if yall wanna be mods fill out an application

otherwise, it's the off season, and this is huge news.
VeritasTri
Sophomore
And1: 91

Post#29 » by VeritasTri » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:34 pm

UcanUwill wrote: Its not hard to draw a line here... Ronaldo and Messi are still global phenom athletes signing with some if the biggest sports franchises of all time, I think that can get a pass as OT thread here.

I really dont like when people say where do we draw the line, when most of the time its obvious where to draw it. It is like when Trump used this same excuse when America where taking down slavers confederate generals' statues.

I literally couldnt pick either of them out of a lineup. I honestly have no idea what "PSG" is.

This is a basketball forum. If they are such phenoms and the franchises are so big then theres likely numerous forums devoted to discussing kicking a ball and flopping around, go there and post this.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#30 » by clyde21 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:36 pm

VeritasTri wrote:
UcanUwill wrote: Its not hard to draw a line here... Ronaldo and Messi are still global phenom athletes signing with some if the biggest sports franchises of all time, I think that can get a pass as OT thread here.

I literally couldnt pick either of them out of a lineup. I honestly have no idea what "PSG" is.

This is a basketball forum. If they are such phenoms and the franchises are so big then theres likely numerous forums devoted to discussing kicking a ball and flopping around, go there and post this.

"hey guys, this thread I dont want to participate in, im going to participate in it multiple times"
VeritasTri
Sophomore

Post#31 » by VeritasTri » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:36 pm

clyde21 wrote:

soccer > you

Go moderate the Soccer forum and you will never have to see me again.

Sorry if I think your sport is trash (like most legitimate Americans do). Sorry if this hurts your feelings.
peja_the_legend
Bench Warmer
And1: 860

Post#32 » by peja_the_legend » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:37 pm

Why are there soccer threads in general board?What is this?As a european i visit these boards to get away from soccer news for a while and now i see not one but two soccer threads in the first page of GB.Scary times.
VeritasTri
Sophomore

Post#33 » by VeritasTri » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:39 pm

clyde21 wrote:"hey guys, this this I dont want to participate in, im going to participate in it multiple times"

*kids playing soccer where they shouldnt be playing*

"hey kids, go play soccer at the soccer field, not on my basketball court"

I am now officially participating.

Apparently there was no real requirements for being a mod. :lol:
clyde21
RealGM

Post#34 » by clyde21 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:41 pm

VeritasTri wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

soccer > you

Sorry if I think your sport is trash (like most legitimate Americans do). Sorry if this hurts your feelings.

how much do legitimate Americans e-bench?
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#35 » by UcanUwill » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:43 pm

VeritasTri wrote:

Many people only post on Real GM, me for example, I appreciated the thread, cause its always nice to see what posters I know think of other sports. I too had no clue who Shohei Ohtani is, but I actually clicked on the thread and learned something about sport I know nothing about and that was cool.
if you cant pick Messi from a line, why did you open this thread, to showoff your ignorance and thats it? Many threads are created here every day that I dont click on, never was that much of inconvenience in life...
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#36 » by FinnTheHuman » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:43 pm

People voting Ronaldo are clueless. Barcelona really wanted to keep Messi because he's still the best player in the world, and he really wanted to stay because he's been there his whole career, but the technicalities got in the way of him staying.

Meanwhile, it has been known for a long time that Juventus wanted to get rid of Ronaldo and that he wanted to leave, the only question has been where. The votes are just recency bias.
VeritasTri
Sophomore

Post#37 » by VeritasTri » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:45 pm

clyde21 wrote:
VeritasTri wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
soccer > you

how much do legitimate Americans e-bench?

Look at you try so hard.
VeritasTri
Sophomore

Post#38 » by VeritasTri » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:48 pm

UcanUwill wrote: Many people only post on Real GM, me for example, I appreciated the thread, cause its always nice to see what posters I know think of other sports. I too had no clue who Shohei Ohtani is, but I actually clicked on the thread and learned something about sport I know nothing about and that was cool.
if you cant pick Messi from a line, why did you open this thread, to showoff your ignorance and thats it? Many threads are created here every day that I dont click on, never was that much of inconvenience in life...

Because there has been a glut of off topic garbage here recently and I decided to voice my opinion on it.

Soccer fans sure are sensitive little things. Clutching their pearls at the notion that somebody doesnt want to hear about their sport on a forum dedicated to a different sport.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#39 » by UcanUwill » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:51 pm

VeritasTri wrote:Because there has been a glut of off topic garbage here recently and I decided to voice my opinion on it.

Soccer fans sure are sensitive little things. Clutching their pearls at the notion that somebody doesnt want to hear about their sport on a forum dedicated to a different sport.

In my opinion, you come out as most sensitive here. You proclaim sport you never watched - garbage, and sound so insecure that Soccer is just much bigger thing in the world than anything you like, and that puts you on offensive.
VeritasTri
Sophomore

Post#40 » by VeritasTri » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:55 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
VeritasTri wrote:Because there has been a glut of off topic garbage here recently and I decided to voice my opinion on it.

In my opinion, you come out as most sensitive here. You proclaim sport you never watched - garbage, and sound so insecure that Soccer is just much bigger thing in the world than anything you like, and that puts you on offensive.

People like a lot of dumb things. If I were on a heavy metal forum and you made a post talking about Ariana Grande I would tell you to **** off back to teen beat chat.

Return to The General Soccer Board