Post#81 » by J-Mezzy » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:29 pm

Yeah I saw that live. Ibra always knows how to score those
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
b-ball forever
General Manager
And1: 498

Re: The Official French Ligue 1 Thread 

Post#82 » by b-ball forever » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:26 am

J-Mezzy wrote:Ospina had a beastly game today in Nice's win over Marseille.

Ya great game by him, particularly in the 2nd half with a bunch of saves after Marseille took control of the possession. It was especially impressive considering Ospina had just arrived back to France from his national team one day prior to the game with a 22 hour trip. He was a last minute decision to play and almost didn't for jetlag reasons...

Off topic : I was wondering, are u from Colombia, Florida, or both?

PSG won that home game against Bastia easily with a couple goals each from Zlatan and Cavani (who each only played one half) despite starting several very young players like Ongenda, Rabiot, or Digne who are usually on the bench.
Scolari should really call Marquinhos on the Brazilian team ASAP before it's too late, he's been very impressive and the best PSG defender in Thiago Silva's absence.
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,552

Post#83 » by J-Mezzy » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:19 pm

I am from Colombia, but I moved to Florida when I was 13 years old.

I saw the PSG game. Both Cavani and Zlata looked so good playing as the sole striker, I wonder if they are going to keep experimenting like this.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,298

Post#84 » by magik9113 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:58 pm

those goals by Ibra and Cavani :o :o :o
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#85 » by J-Mezzy » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:47 pm

Poor game by Monaco today. Not much shown by them, lacked creativity. Crappy game all around.
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#86 » by J-Mezzy » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:06 pm

I really don't think Rinieri is the right coach for a project like this.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,623

Post#87 » by Slava » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:36 am

Paris Saint-Germain have officially announced their sponsorship deal with the Qatar Tourism Authority which will net the Ligue 1 champions up to 200 million euros a year.

Mooted last season, the agreement was publicly confirmed on Tuesday making PSG the first club to be sponsored by a state.

Income from the deal, which will reportedly be retroactively paid back to 2012, is said to increase incrementally year-on-year through to a reported maximum of 200 million euros come 2016.

Retroactively paid back to 2012, this is as big a mockery of the FFP as you'll ever see. :rofl:
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,625

Post#88 » by Next Coming » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:00 pm

Lyon is 14th. I wonder if they sell Gonalons & Grenier in January.
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#89 » by J-Mezzy » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:31 pm

I can't wait to see what kind of deal Monaco will get to avoid FFP violations
kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 982

Post#90 » by kdawg32086 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:21 pm

Next Coming wrote:Lyon is 14th. I wonder if they sell Gonalons & Grenier in January.

I could see one of them going, but not both unless they get ridiculous transfer fees. I still think they'll rebound and end up a lot higher than 14th in the end.
IronChef
Head Coach
And1: 432

Post#91 » by IronChef » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:15 pm

^^ Ditto. Maybe Gonalons, if someone will pay well for him. I think they'll hold on to Grenier for another couple years.
Massimo wrote:Arsene wenger for the president.
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#92 » by J-Mezzy » Sat Nov 9, 2013 1:39 am

Monaco drop points AGAIN. Nice assist from James to Falcao, but this team is really lacking creativity. James leads th league in assist with 5 and he missed a lot of minutes in the first 4 games. Other than he and Moutinho, there is very little to that midfield. Carrasco's got speed and a decent finish, but he can't make a cross in the box to save his life. Ocampos is not a regular and is a little selfish, looking for his own goal.

Rinieri just doesn't seem like the right coach for this type of project
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#93 » by J-Mezzy » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:40 pm

Monaco seem have done well during the time I was gone. James has become the best player on the team and he has become such a well rounded midfielder. Something is fishy about the Falcao injury. He has been "injured" since he was benched in he second half of a game in November. Monaco says he was injured in the international friendly of Coiombia vs Belgium but Colombian soccer federation claims he was never injured. I think he wants out, but how and where?
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#94 » by J-Mezzy » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:02 am

So I finally get to watch a game and Monaco played like crap. They still have no creativity or link up play. James is the only bright spot for the team. Moutinho is pure class, but Rinieri doesn't know how to use him. Ocampos and Carrasco are very raw, and they depend on a lot of individual plays from James.

Falcao finally came back from his injury. He looks massively out of shape. He better get it together before the world cup.

Rinieri sucks. I wouldn't mind them going after AVB. He had success with Falcao and Moutinho before.
SunKing
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,509

Post#95 » by SunKing » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:21 pm

Ranieri is like the Doug Collins of Football. He's a great coach when you're a good team who want to be very good but he just doesn't have it to turn it into a war machine.

Having Falcao, Moutinho and James + Toulalan and some very good player in Ligue 1 is too much for him. He just can't keep up with PSG. Plus Lille is doing a great season a lot of good hardworking player in this team. They miss some constant creativity/efficiency forward tho

PSG is a class above all but whenever they will play Monaco or Lille, they will have a game for sure. Monaco is too good to be drop in the race for the title that easily but Lille is too much of a "miracle team", if Kalou isn't playing like the last half of last season I can't see them keep it up but Enyema is playing like a world class keeper their defence is good and Mavuba is playing some of the best football of his life.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#96 » by 5DOM » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:40 pm

What happened to Falcao? Looks like people haven't a single nice thing to say about his performance this season. Another dreadful game today apparently.
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#97 » by J-Mezzy » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:00 pm

He's been injured and is a bit out of shape. The whole collective play of Monaco is piss poor, it's painful to watch. The team lacks creativity and link up play. Even Moutinho looks bad on this inert offense. The only bright spot is James. He's taking on so much play making responsibility. This team lacks width since they benched their wingers and their wing backs are garbage.

I'm not excusing Falcao, he needs to get it together, but this offense is not one that exploits his strengths. Rinieri needs to go, such a boring team to watch.
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#98 » by J-Mezzy » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:08 am

You guys really need to see Monaco play in order to understand my frustration. Rinieri has managed to turn Falcao and Moutinho into non factors.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,298

Post#99 » by magik9113 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:18 am

J-Mezzy wrote:You guys really need to see Monaco play in order to understand my frustration. Rinieri has managed to turn Falcao and Moutinho into non factors.

I have not seen a single Monaco game yet this season. BUT, I am really familiar with Ranieri. He is a great coach if you have a mediocre team with few expectations...he's actually likely to over over-achieve in this scenario. On the other hand, he is a horrible choice if you have a team full of talent that is trying to bloom, or stars who are competing for a title. His history will confirm all of this.

Definitely was the most frustrating manager i've ever had to deal with at Juve...during those days his choices for subs were the worst and tactically the team was painfully unexciting.

his teams are also famous for random periods of SUCKING out of nowhere, for like a month or two straight.
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#100 » by J-Mezzy » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:45 am

Wow that's such an accurate description of what's going on with Monaco that it's hard to believe that you haven't seen one game. The team is SUCKING hard right now and it's such a struggle to create scoring opportunities. James has to work so hard to create for his teammates. Thank God that they are not in any European tournament, James would be completely worn out come world cup time.

The worst part is that they are in 2nd and achieving their preseason goal of qualifying for CL so this guy might keep his job. I'm not surprised that Falcao is struggling since he's been injured and the team lacks proper wing play and crosses, but the fact that Moutinho is not playing well amazes me. The dude is class and Rinieri does not know how to maximize his and James' great technique.

Return to The General Soccer Board