2011-12 Bundesliga - Dortmund Champion

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Re: 2011-12 Bundesliga - Dortmund Champion 

Post#1021 » by Foye » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:36 am

Julian Schieber to Dortmund is complete.

I don't think he's a very good player. Really poor mans Mario Gomez. Although, knowing Jürgen Klopp he'll probably turn sh*t to gold and make him at least a top backup option behind Lewandowski.

Munich still wants Javi Martinez and are reportedly considering to buy him for the price of 40 mil. They must be really convinced of him.
Yellow Flash
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#1022 » by Yellow Flash » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:50 am

Foye wrote:
Munich still wants Javi Martinez and are reportedly considering to buy him for the price of 40 mil. They must be really convinced of him.

would be a great add to the squad. one of the best young cbs available.
but we won't pay 40 mil on him.
kicker reported the fee would be way below this "Mondpreis" if the deal goes through
Point forward
Head Coach
And1: 285

Post#1023 » by Point forward » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:26 am

Bayern would not pay 40m for a single guy, but hey, they already shelled out 30m for Gomez. The Bayern defense has been "leaky cauldron" for years, and even with Dante, I can see them overpaying for world class stopping power.

Am I the only guy who remembers that Bayern once paid 13m for BRENO?! :lol: :crazy: :banghead:
Jogi Löw to Mario Götze wrote:Show the world that you are better than Messi.
Foye

Post#1024 » by Foye » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:13 pm

Isn't Javi Martinez best suited as a defensive midfielder? He played cb this season because Bilbao lacked class there and had decent defensive midfielders...

I have to imagine they would buy him to play next to Schweinsteiger not as a center back.
Westbrook
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#1025 » by Westbrook » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:04 pm

Point forward wrote:Bayern would not pay 40m for a single guy, but hey, they already shelled out 30m for Gomez. The Bayern defense has been "leaky cauldron" for years, and even with Dante, I can see them overpaying for world class stopping power.

Am I the only guy who remembers that Bayern once paid 13m for BRENO?! :lol: :crazy: :banghead:

Javi Martinez is DM like Foye said and I don't think they would spend so much money on him. If he was German, then there would be bigger chance.
Point forward
Head Coach

Post#1026 » by Point forward » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:04 am

Actually, Bayern also could use a real DM. After missing out on Khedira, they need a physical guy who can punish enemy MFs into giving up the ball - like Jeremies or Ballack. Kroos and Tymoshchuk are too nice, let alone that they cannot head to save their lives.

Neuer - Lahm, Boateng/Dante, Badstuber, Alaba - Robben/Shaqiri, Schweinsteiger, Javi Martinez, Ribery - Müller, Gomez

???
Andre3822
Bench Warmer
And1: 425

Post#1027 » by Andre3822 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:54 am

Point forward wrote:Actually, Bayern also could use a real DM. After missing out on Khedira, they need a physical guy who can punish enemy MFs into giving up the ball - like Jeremies or Ballack. Kroos and Tymoshchuk are too nice, let alone that they cannot head to save their lives.

Neuer - Lahm, Boateng/Dante, Badstuber, Alaba - Robben/Shaqiri, Schweinsteiger, Javi Martinez, Ribery - Müller, Gomez

???

A prime Gattuso/Van Bommel/Essien is what you need.

I'd try to hit up someone like De Rossi or M'Vila.
I think M'Vila is a transfer away from greatness. (pros, young,endless ceiling)
De Rossi would be a safer bet, but he has more years under him and I'm not too sold on Italians succeeding in Germany.

/e- Wait what is this, did something happen to Gustavo? Suddenly realized he was still there and didn't he have a GREAT season? He is one of the best young DM's out there imo, why replace?
Foye

Post#1028 » by Foye » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:06 am

Andre3822 wrote:
Point forward wrote:Actually, Bayern also could use a real DM. After missing out on Khedira, they need a physical guy who can punish enemy MFs into giving up the ball - like Jeremies or Ballack. Kroos and Tymoshchuk are too nice, let alone that they cannot head to save their lives.

???

A prime Gattuso/Van Bommel/Essien is what you need.

I'd try to hit up someone like De Rossi or M'Vila.
I think M'Vila is a transfer away from greatness. (pros, young,endless ceiling)
De Rossi would be a safer bet, but he has more years under him and I'm not too sold on Italians succeeding in Germany.

/e- Wait what is this, did something happen to Gustavo? Suddenly realized he was still there and didn't he have a GREAT season? He is one of the best young DM's out there imo, why replace?

Gustavo really does a good job of destroying the opponents midfield. In the Bundesliga you need a more talented offensive player as a defensive midfielder. Creativity is Gustavo's possibly only weakness but thats the skill a defensive midfielder needs the most in the Bundesliga when playing for Bayern. Munich has at least 65% possession of the ball in most games. Luiz Gustavo is kinda unnecessary then considering there's nothing to destroy other than counter attacks. Teams are not trying to beat Munich in an open game like they do in the CL.

Gustavo is a really great at destroying opponents offensive, though. I remember a game in the CL against Inter (they won 1-0 away but lost the tie due to terrible choking after being up 2-0 at home in the 2nd leg already) and Gustavo had Sneijder in his pocket all evening. Wherever Sneijder was, Gustavo was there like 3 seconds earlier.
Point forward
Head Coach

Post#1029 » by Point forward » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:34 pm

^Gustavo is a nice player, but IMHO not a difference maker for the reasons Foye named. On a very high level, LG is limited - he can tackle and destroy, but he is near useless on offense (unlike Ballack), lacks the fear factor of Jeremies and in no way exudes leadership like van Bommel. There is a reason why finesse guys like Kroos or Tymo started over him.

LG is ok, but I would take Sven Bender over him - and he did not even make the German NT.
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 354

Post#1030 » by Det the Threat » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:52 am

Gladbach just signed a replacement for Dante, who left the club for Bayern Munich.

Starting next season, Alvaro Dominguez(Atletico Madrid) will join Gladbach and play in central defense for the Foals.

Next up should be another attacker(Luuk de Jong, John Guidetti, Ola Toivonen have been mentioned) to try and "replace" Marco Reus.

BTW: Will there be a new Bundesliga thread, or will this one just be renamed to Bundesliga 2012 - 2013?
Foye

Post#1031 » by Foye » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:03 pm

I can make a new thread but it'll probably take a few more days.

Mandzukic to Bayern seems complete.

Lewandowskis agent apparently had a meeting with Manchester City. I guess he will leave next year at the latest. Selling Lucas Barrios might've been a very dumb decision by Dortmund.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,919

Post#1032 » by cgf » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:56 pm

Det the Threat wrote:Gladbach just signed a replacement for Dante, who left the club for Bayern Munich.

Starting next season, Alvaro Dominguez(Atletico Madrid) will join Gladbach and play in central defense for the Foals.

Next up should be another attacker(Luuk de Jong, John Guidetti, Ola Toivonen have been mentioned) to try and "replace" Marco Reus.

BTW: Will there be a new Bundesliga thread, or will this one just be renamed to Bundesliga 2012 - 2013?

They're still talking to Hoilett as well, although apparently he's looking for a lot more cash than Gladbach initially offered, thus the Galatasaray bid for him. I think De Jong's outta their price range unless Twente's still interested in Wendt and willing to drop over 5 mil from De Jong's asking price to get him. I'd love to see them land Guidetti, cause out of those guys he's the most versatile, De Jong is a central striker who's not that great with the ball at his feet and Hoilett's not enough of a central goal threat. That said, Hoilett would be a great get for them as well since Arrango is already 32, so rotating those two with Hermanns on the right would leave them strong on the wings both at home and in europe. There solid up front with Hanke, De Camargo, Mlapa and that Swedish kid, but it's that passing fluidity that they'll miss most with Reus in Dortmund, and Guidetti and Hoilett are the two attackers they've been linked with who would most help fill that void.

Theoretically they could still get Guidetti on a loan with an option to buy and sign Hoilett, then theyy would probably not only secure next year's CL space, but actually make good money off of the competition this season by qualifying and making some noise in the group stage.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Foye

Post#1033 » by Foye » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:53 pm

Luuk de Jong going to Gladbach as well.

They really seem to want to play in the CL by all means. I see them losing out in the CL qualification because of their lack of chemistry with that new team. High risk they're going here.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,919

Post#1034 » by cgf » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:32 am

Is that finally official? Last I read Newcastle had landed in the Netherlands to try and seal LdJ.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!

Return to The General Soccer Board