Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,444

Re: Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread 

Post#1961 » by Foye » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:58 pm

Seems like we will sign N‘Koudou...is he any good?

Gesendet von iPhone mit RealGM Forums
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,591

Post#1962 » by Baphomet » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:41 pm

Foye wrote:Seems like we will sign N‘Koudou...is he any good?

He's super raw. Got blistering pace but little end product right now. He has decent potential and is a good character kid, so it could be a solid move with the option to buy.
Foye

Post#1963 » by Foye » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:04 pm

Baphomet wrote:
Foye wrote:Seems like we will sign N‘Koudou...is he any good?

He's super raw. Got blistering pace but little end product right now. He has decent potential and is a good character kid, so it could be a solid move with the option to buy.

23 and super raw?...Unfortunately...it doesn't sound like he will help much then...our wing quality is very poor :-?
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1964 » by Baphomet » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:17 pm

Yeah. He hasn't really had much of a chance to show what he's capable of at Spurs, besides cup games and preseason. He had a solid preseason this year, but otherwise I've never been all that impressed by his ability. He is definitely quite old to be as raw as he is, but there's still some potential for growth and in the right situation I still think he could be a sleeper hit. I'd be rooting for him at Mainz.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1965 » by HIF » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:10 pm

Sounds like Spurs are making a mess with the new ground. Sure the FA will help them out though.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1966 » by Baphomet » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:54 pm

It's been delayed. That's not really anything new for major stadium projects, or surprising. Bit annoying to happen this late, but it is what it is.

Wasn't the new Wembley delayed by years?
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1967 » by Baphomet » Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:12 pm

Since the last post in this thread, so much has changed, but also nothing has changed.

The new stadium is finished and it's wonderful, but I still miss the Lane. Haven't been to the new ground yet. We're still perennial nearly men. We've been in 2 cup finals since Aug 16th 2018 including the Champions League final, but lost both of them. Harry Kane wanted out, but is now back to playing the best football of his career. Possibly still wants out, it remains to be seen. Gareth Bale came back and then left again. We got invited to the Super League and then the Super League died, thankfully. The whole world was, and still is, wracked with a pandemic which left the Premier League without fans at stadiums for months.

Poch got sacked, Mourinho came to replace him and got sacked. Ryan Mason was our manager for a few months, how bonkers is that? We were talking about him as a prospect earlier in this thread. Nuno came in and got sacked, but now we've got one of the best managers in world football in Antonio Conte and things are beginning to look positive again. Looking through the older posts on here, the club's definitely in a better position than it was, but I'm looking forward to even better times at this club again.

I might be delusional but I still believe the building blocks are there for the club to continue to push upwards, and it begins with getting back into the Champions League as soon as possible. Keep the positive investment going. This January we had one of the best transfer windows in the club's recent history, picking up Rodrigo Bentancur and Dejan Kulusevski from Juventus, two quality young players who have hit the ground running and lifted the squad. Ideally we can get back into the CL this season, though it looks unlikely, but next season would be good too.
HIF
RealGM

Post#1968 » by HIF » Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:12 am

Good to see the thread revived.

HIF
RealGM

Post#1969 » by HIF » Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:52 am

First trophy of the conté era - most expensive adult season ticket in the UK £2,025.

Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1970 » by Baphomet » Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:23 pm

HIF wrote:First trophy of the conté era - most expensive adult season ticket in the UK £2,025.

The most expensive single ticket, but I believe Arsenal's average ST price is higher after their 4% price rise.

Eyewatering all the same.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,076

Post#1971 » by wco81 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:27 am

HIF wrote:First trophy of the conté era - most expensive adult season ticket in the UK £2,025.

What kind of seats do you get for that?

Also is it only for 19 EPL home matches only or also the various cups and any matches in the Europe?
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1972 » by Baphomet » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:05 pm

wco81 wrote:

Also is it only for 19 EPL home matches only or also the various cups and any matches in the Europe?

From the Spurs site:

Code: Select all

Benefits of the 1882 Season Ticket

All 1882 Season Ticket holders enjoy the following benefits:

Their seat in our designated 1882 seating areas for all home Premier League and domestic cup games.
    Priority to purchase their seat for European Cup matches.
    Access to a private bar that is easily accessible from their seating location.
    Their name on the 1882 feature wall in our 1882 Bars.
    Exclusive Complimentary pre-match food offering from our signature fan favourites range.
    Complimentary digital match programme with a physical programme upon request.
    Two complimentary drinks each matchday.
    Invitation-only meet and greets with former players.

I mean, you get a fair bit (a whole TWO drinks) and it's specified that it's part of a premium package, but to most fans a lot of that isn't really of too much interest.

You can get adult season tickets in the upper part of the south stand for £888, which, while still on the upper end of the scale, isn't really that bad considering how much everything in London typically costs. That's something to note, all of the clubs at the top of the season ticket prices are London clubs, even newly-promoted Fulham.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,076

Post#1973 » by wco81 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:39 pm

That's not bad then, 19 EPL matches plus however many domestic cup matches, so an average of less than £100 a game.

You can pay a lot more than that in the US for NBA and NFL tickets.

How much are the drinks typically, £8 pints?

During the games, a simple burger is probably in the $15-20 range, if not more.

Nachos probably in the $15 range.

Fish and chips in London are what, something like £20? I don't know what kind of pre-match food offerings they have.

Also how much does parking run or can you reach the stadium via the Underground?
HIF
RealGM

Post#1974 » by HIF » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:26 am

Baphomet wrote:
wco81 wrote:

From the Spurs site:

Code: Select all

Benefits of the 1882 Season Ticket

All 1882 Season Ticket holders enjoy the following benefits:

Their seat in our designated 1882 seating areas for all home Premier League and domestic cup games.
    Priority to purchase their seat for European Cup matches.
    Access to a private bar that is easily accessible from their seating location.
    Their name on the 1882 feature wall in our 1882 Bars.
    Exclusive Complimentary pre-match food offering from our signature fan favourites range.
    Complimentary digital match programme with a physical programme upon request.
    Two complimentary drinks each matchday.
    Invitation-only meet and greets with former players.

I mean, you get a fair bit (a whole TWO drinks) and it's specified that it's part of a premium package, but to most fans a lot of that isn't really of too much interest.

You can get adult season tickets in the upper part of the south stand for £888, which, while still on the upper end of the scale, isn't really that bad considering how much everything in London typically costs. That's something to note, all of the clubs at the top of the season ticket prices are London clubs, even newly-promoted Fulham.

Come on. Most things don't cost more in London and if it does you can buy over the internet for the same price as everyone else. The game of football and the seat you watch it from is no different in London to what it is in the midlands or the north.

HIF
RealGM

Post#1975 » by HIF » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:34 am

Spurs are really working the transfer market well. Richarlison should be great for Son and Kane.

Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1976 » by Baphomet » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:21 pm

HIF wrote:Spurs are really working the transfer market well. Richarlison should be great for Son and Kane.

Yeah this is the best window I can remember due to both the swiftness and importance of the business, and I believe there's more signings to come. We've got a world class coach and it feels like the club is backing him. There can't be any excuses if we don't have a good season.

Also, it would be a missed opportunity if we didn't announce Richarlison by having him drive up to the stadium in a coach.
HIF
RealGM

Post#1977 » by HIF » Fri Jul 1, 2022 8:33 am

Baphomet wrote:
HIF wrote:Spurs are really working the transfer market well. Richarlison should be great for Son and Kane.

Yeah this is the best window I can remember due to both the swiftness and importance of the business, and I believe there's more signings to come. We've got a world class coach and it feels like the club is backing him. There can't be any excuses if we don't have a good season.

Also, it would be a missed opportunity if we didn't announce Richarlison by having him drive up to the stadium in a coach.

I agree with you (but you have had world class coaches for years).

Foye

Post#1978 » by Foye » Fri Jul 1, 2022 9:43 am

I don't know. Paying basically the same for Richarlison as ManCity paid for Haaland seems a glorious overpay.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,244

Post#1979 » by Baseline81 » Fri Jul 1, 2022 11:11 am

Foye wrote:I don't know. Paying basically the same for Richarlison as ManCity paid for Haaland seems a glorious overpay.

No sure if serious...

First, Haaland had a release clause. Second, agent fees (along with fees to his father) increased the deal. Finally, you cannot forget about the wages Haaland will be on compared to Richarlison.
Foye

Post#1980 » by Foye » Fri Jul 1, 2022 11:21 am

Baseline81 wrote:
Foye wrote:I don't know. Paying basically the same for Richarlison as ManCity paid for Haaland seems a glorious overpay.

No sure if serious...

First, Haaland had a release clause. Second, agent fees (along with fees to his father) increased the deal. Finally, you cannot forget about the wages Haaland will be on compared to Richarlison.

Will see how it goes but I think this will be a flop signing.

Probably could've had Nkunku for that sum, too.

Return to The General Soccer Board