Official Liverpool FC Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,638

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#2001 » by danfantastk32 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:13 am

Needed a break for a while. Still enjoying the prem win last season. With all the injuries, I didn't want to deal with the heartache. Not on my parade. Injuries injuries injuries......this season is didn't happen as far as I'm concerned.

I pissed and moaned for several years about our defense. VD seemed to make it all better, and hopefully this year shows Klopp that we need another top-level defender. I'd also agree that we need to bring some new blood in here.

eh....we won the prem last year. Still get the fuzzies thinking about it. I'll bitch and moan next season. Hope all are well. Don't let it get you down too much. We'll get sorted out, and compete next year. Cactus....100% with ya on the blue kits. We're the REDS for Christ sake!!!
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,638

Post#2002 » by danfantastk32 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:14 am

Awww....got put on page 101. Was hoping to partake in page 100. Oh well
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#2003 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:21 pm

The Everton-Tottenham draw was ideal for us, since they both drop points and decrease their chances of competing with us for a top 4-5 spot.

Chelsea and West Ham have easy matchups this weekend, so we absolutely need to win.

However, at the moment West Ham is bottling their match Newcastle. If Newcastle holds on to a win or at the very least a draw, the top 4 is completely wide open.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#2004 » by HIF » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:31 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:The Everton-Tottenham draw was ideal for us, since they both drop points and decrease their chances of competing with us for a top 4-5 spot.

Chelsea and West Ham have easy matchups this weekend, so we absolutely need to win.

However, at the moment West Ham is bottling their match Newcastle. If Newcastle holds on to a win or at the very least a draw, the top 4 is completely wide open.

It's been wide open all season.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,714

Post#2005 » by stormi » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:45 pm

HIF wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:The Everton-Tottenham draw was ideal for us, since they both drop points and decrease their chances of competing with us for a top 4-5 spot.

Brendan Rodgers getting the sack if Lester bottle another top 4? Or do the injuries make it excusable
HIF
RealGM

Post#2006 » by HIF » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:07 pm

stormi wrote:
HIF wrote:

Brendan Rodgers getting the sack if Lester bottle another top 4? Or do the injuries make it excusable

:lol:

Tuchel is more likely to get the sack for bottling the top 4 than Rodgers.

We've been in the top 4 all year but we've played more games than other teams throughout the season and had an easier schedule.

Making Europe (even europa league) and making an FA Cup final will be considered a very successful season for us. If we win the FA Cup or make it to the CL through the league it will be probably rated as our second best season in history. The only other team likely to be in a position to say that is Man City - if they win the league and 2 of the cups they are still in.

And as you say we had a hideous injury season. Possibly the worst in the PL.

stormi
General Manager

Post#2007 » by stormi » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:17 pm

HIF wrote:
stormi wrote:
HIF wrote:

We've been in the top 4 all year but we've played more games than other teams throughout the season and had an easier schedule.

Making Europe (even europa league) and making an FA Cup final will be considered a very successful season for us. If we win the FA Cup or make it to the CL through the league it will be probably rated as our second best season in history. The only other team likely to be in a position to say that is Man City - if they win the league and 2 of the cups they are still in.

Idk man... would be two years in a row man with a serious late season collapse, also got shown levels by a team in Europa that Arsenal breezed past... I think the only scenario in which BR should be considered for sacking is if they don't secure European football this year. But it could really happen to any of the top 8 sides. Not confident in anything for Chessy over this final month.
HIF
RealGM

Post#2008 » by HIF » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:20 pm

stormi wrote:
HIF wrote:
stormi wrote:

Idk man... would be two years in a row man with a serious late season collapse, also got shown levels by a team in Europa that Arsenal breezed past... I think the only scenario in which BR should be considered for sacking is if they don't secure European football this year. But it could really happen to any of the top 8 sides. Not confident in anything for Chessy over this final month.

No Chance.

stormi
General Manager

Post#2009 » by stormi » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:37 pm

HIF wrote:
stormi wrote:
HIF wrote:

No Chance.

Newcastle did us a favor this week. Lets secure our points :rockon:
marley game
Sophomore
And1: 29

Post#2010 » by marley game » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:27 pm

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#2011 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:30 pm

HIF wrote:

I should’ve been more specific. Top 4-5 is wide open for us to take.

In late January & February, few would’ve thought we could be in a position to be in the top 4 again.
HIF
RealGM

Post#2012 » by HIF » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:36 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
HIF wrote:

In late January & February, few would’ve thought we could be in a position to be in the top 4 again.

I think most people who are not depressed Liverpool fans expected you to be in the top 4 at the end of the season. It's always harder to think that when your team is going through a rough patch.

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#2013 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:37 pm

marley game wrote:Image

The match isn’t for another two weeks.

Are you trolling this early already lol?
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#2014 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:40 pm

HIF wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
HIF wrote:

I think most people who are not depressed Liverpool fans expected you to be in the top 4 at the end of the season. It's always harder to think that when your team is going through a rough patch.

I’m not sure if you paid attention to our form during that 1-2 month stretch. It wasn’t just an unlucky period of losses. We were legitimately playing relegation quality football.

Thankfully, Klopp came to his senses and put Fabinho back at the 6, so we can control the middle of the pitch again. Yet even now, we’re still not scoring goals. IIRC, we’ve still only scored 1 goal in the first half of matches since the start of the year.
HIF
RealGM

Post#2015 » by HIF » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:58 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
HIF wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:I should’ve been more specific. Top 4-5 is wide open for us to take.

I’m not sure if you paid attention to our form during that 1-2 month stretch. It wasn’t just an unlucky period of losses. We were legitimately playing relegation quality football.

Thankfully, Klopp came to his senses and put Fabinho back at the 6, so we can control the middle of the pitch again. Yet even now, we’re still not scoring goals. IIRC, we’ve still only scored 1 goal in the first half of matches since the start of the year.

Yet you are basically the same team who tore up the league for the previous 2 seasons (with a couple of good additions). You went through a poor run of form is all. I'm just saying that other team's fans never thought you were out of the hunt for CL.

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#2016 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:30 pm

HIF wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
HIF wrote:

Yet you are basically the same team who tore up the league for the previous 2 seasons (with a couple of good additions). You went through a poor run of form is all. I'm just saying that other team's fans never thought you were out of the hunt for CL.

The cracks in the foundation had been forming for a while. There was a clear drop in form after the return from break in the season due to COVID and we never got back to those pre-COVID break levels. The injuries we've endured this season, while serious and would make any team worse, are a convenient excuse for why we aren't challenging City and Man U.

Could it be because the players are still struggling to play in empty stadiums? Possibly. But I think it's much more likely that Klopp's style and unwillingness to rotate his players has led to physical and mental fatigue.

Also, teams have adjusted to our style of play and we haven't had the ability to adapt tactically. For all his great attributes, one of Klopp's negatives is that he often is quite stubborn; admittedly, he is justified because he has won, but even though he makes the right decision most of the time, it still means that he doesn't make the right decision every time. I believe we've seen a couple of wrong decisions crop up this season.
HIF
RealGM

Post#2017 » by HIF » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:17 pm

Looks like you've circumvented the need to actually win matches to get into Europe.

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,472

Post#2018 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:31 pm

Nice goal
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,472

Post#2019 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:33 pm

HIF wrote:Looks like you've circumvented the need to actually win matches to get into Europe.

You're right. It would seem that we don't actually have to qualify for CL after all. :lol:

Assuming the ESL gets the greenlight of course.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
HIF
RealGM

Post#2020 » by HIF » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:52 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Nice goal

Who cares? it's meaningless.

Return to The General Soccer Board