NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#2041 » by NyCeEvO » Wed May 19, 2021 9:48 pm

UcanUwill wrote:Alisson Becker

Haven’t seen this GIF in awhile.

Yeah, tremendous. I was sulking towards the end of the game, begrudgingly envisioning what a season with Europa League would be like. I was in utter disbelief when I saw Allison’s header. It’s a shame that I could only celebrate alone in my bedroom and not with other fans.

Soon after, I thought “This could all be for nothing if we don’t win the last two matches.”

While this has been a roller coaster of a season, a top-4 finish would make for another dramatic chapter in a movie about Klopp’s tenure as Liverpool manager.

Finish the job, boys!
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#2042 » by HIF » Thu May 20, 2021 7:31 am

It's done. :-)
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,472

Post#2043 » by Cactus Jack » Thu May 20, 2021 7:45 am

HIF wrote:It's done. :-)

Nope. Far from it.

We can still easily choke it away. Meanwhile you should beat Spurs.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
HIF
RealGM

Post#2044 » by HIF » Thu May 20, 2021 9:51 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
HIF wrote:It's done. :-)

Nope. Far from it.

We can still easily choke it away. Meanwhile you should beat Spurs.

Would you prefer to play Palace or Spurs this weekend?

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#2045 » by NyCeEvO » Sun May 23, 2021 4:31 am

Don’t bottle it today, boys.

You’ve worked so hard and have come back from the proverbial dead. Don’t screw it up.

I hope they play freely and not with too much pressure on their shoulders. We’ve won finals before, so I expect that we can play with composure considering the circumstances.

Come on you Reds!
HIF
RealGM

Post#2046 » by HIF » Sun May 23, 2021 7:23 am

NyCeEvO wrote:Don’t bottle it today, boys.

You’ve worked so hard and have come back from the proverbial dead. Don’t screw it up.

I hope they play freely and not with too much pressure on their shoulders. We’ve won finals before, so I expect that we can play with composure considering the circumstances.

Come on you Reds!

It's Palace and you have Pool fans at the match. You have no worries. In a way I hope you get 3rd (that would mean that Chlesea don't win).

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#2047 » by NyCeEvO » Sun May 23, 2021 5:03 pm

They did it! Parts of the the 1st half were dicey but we controlled the 2nd half.

I’m happy for Mané considering the season he’s had. I wish Salah could’ve gotten a goal to tie Kane for a share of the Golden Boot but it wasn’t meant to be. Most importantly, I’m glad we won and ended the season on a high.

With the Champions League confirmed, let the floodgates officially burst open on the Mbappe rumors lol.
HIF
RealGM

Post#2048 » by HIF » Sun May 23, 2021 5:17 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:They did it! Parts of the the 1st half were dicey but we controlled the 2nd half.

I’m happy for Mané considering the season he’s had. I wish Salah could’ve gotten a goal to tie Kane for a share of the Golden Boot but it wasn’t meant to be. Most importantly, I’m glad we won and ended the season on a high.

With the Champions League confirmed, let the floodgates officially burst open on the Mbappe rumors lol.

Well done. With all your injuries 3rd was a great ending. And as you say the CL appearance will make a big difference in players who'll join you.

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#2049 » by NyCeEvO » Sun May 23, 2021 6:28 pm

HIF wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:They did it! Parts of the the 1st half were dicey but we controlled the 2nd half.

Well done. With all your injuries 3rd was a great ending. And as you say the CL appearance will make a big difference in players who'll join you.

Thanks!

How are you feeling? I was actually more in favor of you guys making it in too as opposed to Chelsea.

So many pundits were talking about Leicester being satisfied with winning the FA cup and having a spot in Europa, but I was thinking ‘Why not be greedy and get a Champions League spot since it’s there for the taking’.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,702

Post#2050 » by stormi » Sun May 23, 2021 6:37 pm

Haven't heard much about Liverpool rumors for the summer besides the Sancho possibility. But it seems he's being chased by all the big English clubs.

This Mbappe thing have legs? I've been reading him to Madrid is the most likely scenario should he move on from Paris.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#2051 » by NyCeEvO » Sun May 23, 2021 7:24 pm

stormi wrote:

Haven't heard much about Leicester rumors for the summer besides the Sancho possibility. But it seems he's being chased by all the big English clubs.

This Mbappe thing have legs? I've been reading him to Madrid is the most likely scenario should he move on from Paris.

I’m sure ManU is definitely vying for Sancho, especially with how the deal for him fell through last year. He’s been linked to Liverpool as well, but I don’t know if they’re just feigning interest in order to raise the asking price and get ManU to pay more lol. With that said, because Mané and Salah will participate in the Cup of Nations next January, it will be imperative for Liverpool to sign at least 1 quality forward.

Regarding Mbappe, it’s really hard to know. There are several notable ties between Mbappe and Liverpool between the owner flying him around and trying to woo him to come to Liverpool when he was leaving Monaco.

LeBron is part of Liverpool’s FSG ownership group, he & Mbappe are Nike’s two headline global athletes, and Liverpool were willing to fight to get out of their deal with New Balance in order to get with Nike. It has been suggested that Nike would help finance Mbappe coming to Liverpool, although I’m not sure how such a move would work outside of a more lucrative endorsement deal.

Mbappe has spoken highly of Liverpool and Anfield as well.

Does that mean he’s definitely coming? No.

Do I think there’s mutual interest? Yes.

Is it enough to deter him from going to Real Madrid? I don’t know.

But considering Real Madrid’s current finances, this is the summer to make a move for him, if they ever intend to do so. By next summer, I wholeheartedly expect Real to be in a better financial position to take on Mbappe.

I’m expecting a summer full of never-ending rumors. I’ve heard that Mbappe doesn’t want to decide anything until after the Euros. If that’s true, buckle up. It’s gonna be roller coaster of a summer lol.
aggerrard
Sixth Man
And1: 948

Post#2052 » by aggerrard » Mon May 24, 2021 8:07 am

3rd place!

Cya next season.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#2053 » by Cactus Jack » Wed May 26, 2021 9:06 pm

Read on Twitter
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#2054 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:50 am

Any news? Is Konate the only signing so far?

This club desperately needs some new blood.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,638

Post#2055 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Aug 1, 2021 10:12 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Any news? Is Konate the only signing so far?

Ha! Came to write essentially the same post, but you beat me to it. Yeah...we need to get some stuff happening. I assume the grim reaper won't be coming for our defense this year, and with Konate on the way, I think we need to shift to other things now.

A) Our midfield is incredibly meh. Henderson gives it 110%, but he's on the wrong side of 30....and if he or Fabinho go down, the midfield becomes totally sub-par.

B) I think our trio of Salah, Mane, and Firmino have run their course. The link-up and deadliness just isn't there anymore. Jota seemed ok, but I'm not seeing "special". The dude from Japan...Minamino I think, has failed to impress, and I think it's time we sell some of our guys (including one (or 2) of our big-3). Time for a shake-up. Our big 3 are all 29....for what that's worth.

I'd prob start with the mid-field. We need some quality there. Have been really happy with Fabinho. You can see him dominate his position almost every game.We need a couple more of those guys. I know they don't grow on trees...but could we at least get 1?

I'd be willing to go to battle again with our Forwards, if it mean big upgrades on our mid-field. Did we make any big splashes last off-season?? Felt like we didn't. So come 'on Reds! We're a world powerhouse team, for f's sake! Yeah, we don't have the purses of the top handful, but we aughta be able to sign a couple legit ballers every now and then!

You go down the list of our "Core" players. And I think you have TAA who's 22, and Gomez(24) and then Fabinho/Robertson(27) and after that, your looking at a pretty old-ass squad. I think Jota should get more run next season to really "get his chance" to make it into the rotation. I see we have some young Midfielders and of course our new signing Konate (assuming he's top notch) is 22.

I don't really follow our youth stuff. I see we have a handful of 20-22 year old midfielders. Maybe somebody knows, and can add to this / correct me.....but I think we need to get a couple guys this offseason who are legit, and who are in their mid-20's. We're gonna hit a midlife crises in the next couple years if we don't start finding legit replacements
HIF
RealGM

Post#2056 » by HIF » Mon Aug 2, 2021 9:02 am

danfantastk32 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Any news? Is Konate the only signing so far?

Ha! Came to write essentially the same post, but you beat me to it. Yeah...we need to get some stuff happening. I assume the grim reaper won't be coming for our defense this year, and with Konate on the way, I think we need to shift to other things now.

A) Our midfield is incredibly meh. Henderson gives it 110%, but he's on the wrong side of 30....and if he or Fabinho go down, the midfield becomes totally sub-par.

B) I think our trio of Salah, Mane, and Firmino have run their course. The link-up and deadliness just isn't there anymore. Jota seemed ok, but I'm not seeing "special". The dude from Japan...Minamino I think, has failed to impress, and I think it's time we sell some of our guys (including one (or 2) of our big-3). Time for a shake-up. Our big 3 are all 29....for what that's worth.

I'd prob start with the mid-field. We need some quality there. Have been really happy with Fabinho. You can see him dominate his position almost every game.We need a couple more of those guys. I know they don't grow on trees...but could we at least get 1?

I'd be willing to go to battle again with our Forwards, if it mean big upgrades on our mid-field. Did we make any big splashes last off-season?? Felt like we didn't. So come 'on Reds! We're a world powerhouse team, for f's sake! Yeah, we don't have the purses of the top handful, but we aughta be able to sign a couple legit ballers every now and then!

You go down the list of our "Core" players. And I think you have TAA who's 22, and Gomez(24) and then Fabinho/Robertson(27) and after that, your looking at a pretty old-ass squad. I think Jota should get more run next season to really "get his chance" to make it into the rotation. I see we have some young Midfielders and of course our new signing Konate (assuming he's top notch) is 22.

I don't really follow our youth stuff. I see we have a handful of 20-22 year old midfielders. Maybe somebody knows, and can add to this / correct me.....but I think we need to get a couple guys this offseason who are legit, and who are in their mid-20's. We're gonna hit a midlife crises in the next couple years if we don't start finding legit replacements

Surprised at how little Liverpool are doing. Doesn't look like they want to splash the cash.

Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,628

Post#2057 » by Baphomet » Tue Aug 3, 2021 5:34 am

I guess getting Van Dijk back is going to feel like a new signing, feels like it's been years since I last saw him play.

I think you could use a versatile box-to-box style midfielder to cover Wijnaldum's absence.

Just realised this thread hit 100 pages a little while back. Any Pool fans want to make a new thread?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#2058 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Aug 3, 2021 7:09 am

Baphomet wrote:Just realised this thread hit 100 pages a little while back. Any Pool fans want to make a new thread?

Lock it up!
HIF
RealGM

Post#2059 » by HIF » Tue Aug 3, 2021 8:43 am

Baphomet wrote:I guess getting Van Dijk back is going to feel like a new signing, feels like it's been years since I last saw him play.

I think you could use a versatile box-to-box style midfielder to cover Wijnaldum's absence.

Just realised this thread hit 100 pages a little while back. Any Pool fans want to make a new thread?

Will Van Dijk come back at the same level - or at least get back to that level? Ricardo still hasn't got back to his pre-injury level.

danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,638

Post#2060 » by danfantastk32 » Tue Aug 3, 2021 2:53 pm

New thread for a new season! Leave that injury-laden mess behind.

Return to The General Soccer Board