Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#1401 » by Michael Lucky » Sat Oct 5, 2019 3:58 pm

Wooo we got lucky at the end.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1402 » by HIF » Sat Oct 5, 2019 4:29 pm

I think Liverpool were the better team but they were lucky to get the 3 points.

It's annoying how refs favour big teams - I don't think it's intentional - especially when the game is tight.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,453

Post#1403 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Oct 5, 2019 6:08 pm

HIF wrote:It's annoying how refs favour big teams

As they should. :lol:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#1404 » by Michael Lucky » Sun Oct 6, 2019 2:59 pm

8 points up.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#1405 » by danfantastk32 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:39 pm

Big game tmrw! One of those where we have to be careful or else Manure will have one of those effing "Laid it all on the line" games. I can't stand that crap. They (and Everton) seem to really find that next gear against us. Score a couple early, and don't relent. Put it to them.

So......did someone cut Tottenham's balls off? I mean, wtf?? Really bizarre what has happened. I really thought they'd be challenging, and had just as good a chance as us, and Man$ity. Great collection of players. Great coach. I've heard of things falling apart, but this is pretty historic. Feel bad for Tott fans.

Gonna take this moment to once again, reflect on how these windows can close before you know it. Really upset we didn't get any help this offseason to increase our chances. I've watched a good 5 Liverpool squads come along who you thought were gonna get over the hump. It's not easy. This squad looks poised to make it....but let's hold off any excitement till after all the Jan games. We'll talk then. Praying we get a guy or two in the transfer window. I don't want to be the next set of fans watching it fall apart empty handed.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,626

Post#1406 » by Baphomet » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:52 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:So......did someone cut Tottenham's balls off? I mean, wtf?? Really bizarre what has happened. I really thought they'd be challenging, and had just as good a chance as us, and Man$ity. Great collection of players. Great coach. I've heard of things falling apart, but this is pretty historic. Feel bad for Tott fans.

The thing is, it isn't a sudden collapse. We've been very poor for most of 2019, and the CL run papered over the cracks. We have one away league win in the whole of this year, it's just the results are now more reflective of what's been happening.

I believe there's a malaise over the team for three reasons. One, a couple of players are unsettled and don't see their futures at the club: Eriksen and Rose, for example. Two, Pochettino made some really weird comments in the build-up to the CL final, where he said he'd leave if we won it, and he's been behaving surly in press conferences in general for a while now. That has to further unsettle some players. Third, the fact that this team, despite excellent finishes year after year, has failed to bring anything of worth home. There has to be a psychological effect and dent in team spirit in failing at the final hurdle so many times.

Had Liverpool not won the CL, there might have been a similar effect going on there, though I couldn't really say. Perhaps it's less likely under Klopp, but all teams have their tipping point.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#1407 » by danfantastk32 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:53 am

Baphomet wrote:
danfantastk32 wrote:So......did someone cut Tottenham's balls off? I mean, wtf?? Really bizarre what has happened. I really thought they'd be challenging, and had just as good a chance as us, and Man$ity. Great collection of players. Great coach. I've heard of things falling apart, but this is pretty historic. Feel bad for Tott fans.

The thing is, it isn't a sudden collapse. We've been very poor for most of 2019, and the CL run papered over the cracks. We have one away league win in the whole of this year, it's just the results are now more reflective of what's been happening.

I believe there's a malaise over the team for three reasons. One, a couple of players are unsettled and don't see their futures at the club: Eriksen and Rose, for example. Two, Pochettino made some really weird comments in the build-up to the CL final, where he said he'd leave if we won it, and he's been behaving surly in press conferences in general for a while now. That has to further unsettle some players. Third, the fact that this team, despite excellent finishes year after year, has failed to bring anything of worth home. There has to be a psychological effect and dent in team spirit in failing at the final hurdle so many times.

Had Liverpool not won the CL, there might have been a similar effect going on there, though I couldn't really say. Perhaps it's less likely under Klopp, but all teams have their tipping point.

Interesting...I had no idea those issues existed. Things seemed good, the few games I've watched. I wish you guys the best. I think you are on to something with Liverpool winning the CL vs Tot. These things matter. When Coutinho left last season, I thought this was going to be the beginning of the painful slide back down that Liverpool often do, after a couple good years. I figured it was a matter of time before Salah and Mane got poached. I think Klopp has the squad really, really bought into his way. But hoisting a major trophy went a long way in cementing the player's confidence. For what it's worth...I think Coutinho's complete failure at Barca have also served Liverpool well. I'm surprised no major teams tried to poach this offseason. Perhaps word was out that nobody wanted to leave??

Either way.....I hope you guys get it sorted out. Tot are a good team. I had not heard Pochettino's comments you mentioned, but that is certainly strange. Perhaps he's mailing it in....and it's time to part ways?
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#1408 » by danfantastk32 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:45 pm

crap....just realized we play you guys tmrw.

Take it all back. You guys sort your sh**& out in 8 days. For now, keep suckin.
Slim Charlez
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,451

Post#1409 » by Slim Charlez » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:57 pm

Baphomet wrote:

Pochettino has stressed for a while now that a new era needs to start at Spurs. As someone who seems to hold players psyche as a vital factor I think he wanted the likes of Rose, Verthongen, Eriksen and Alderweireld out and replaced for the last couple of summers. I can see that specific group of players unmotivated at Spurs after not being able to win anything for so long to your point which I think makes pochettinos point a valid one. Levy has made it harder to achieve that though which is probably why pochettino is unhappy. Levy did say that this past summers signings were the start of that rebuild which leads me to believe he'll back pochettino as long as their season isn't a complete disaster.
HIF
RealGM

Post#1410 » by HIF » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:22 pm

It's not so easy to "win something" I think some fans live in a cocoon.

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,453

Post#1411 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Nov 2, 2019 8:06 pm

Unbelievable :lol:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#1412 » by danfantastk32 » Sat Nov 2, 2019 8:44 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Unbelievable :lol:

We are playing with fire. We need to get back in form. Next week it's against a club we gotta beat.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#1413 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:59 am

Huge game tmrw. Fingers crossed. Good time for one of our A-Games.
HIF
RealGM

Post#1414 » by HIF » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:27 am

danfantastk32 wrote:Huge game tmrw. Fingers crossed. Good time for one of our A-Games.

Agreed.

I think you'll need it.

UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,790

Post#1415 » by UcanUwill » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:31 pm

This is the year folks.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#1416 » by Michael Lucky » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:34 pm

UcanUwill wrote:This is the year folks.

Yeah and we've played all the big clubs already in the first half. The next seven matches could allow us to really build a insurmountable lead in the standings.
HIF
RealGM

Post#1417 » by HIF » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:22 am

Nice to see some new Liverpool fans posting.

danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#1418 » by danfantastk32 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:31 pm

Huge win. Going 8 points clear is great as well. Hopefully Salah's injury isn't too bad. On a good note....our next game won't be till the 23rd or something. Hopefully guys can rest. I think there are int games...but I hope nobody plays much.

Sort of odd that Salah refused the Liverpool doctors, and insisted he get checked in Egypt. Could be nothing...

In any rate, we pulled a big one out there. Let's rest up. Decrmber is stupid. 8 games! 8 freakin' games! 6 of them are Prem games too. And when you factor in we have a prem Game Nov-30th....and a prem game Jan-2nd, it's just insane. 10 games in a 32-33 day span. It's ridiculous. Some good teams at the end of Dec, and through Jan.

Dec...and the games in Jan will decide our fate. Klopp: no stupid draws to these mediocre sides!!!
HIF
RealGM

Post#1419 » by HIF » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:17 pm

I agree with you about the schedule. But every team knows this EVERY year. With the amount of money in the prem and especially in the big clubs they can afford to buy in excellent players to fill out their squad. There is no reason why the likes of Liverpool and the Manchesters can't have 2 teams of about the same quality to switch player in and out. Man City have that - even in defence where they are suffering a lot of injuries and Klopp knew that Liverpool would be in the Prem as well as the CL and the FA Cup and League cup before the season started. He should have brought in more guys. There is no reason that a separate team shouldn't play the FACup and League CUp and CL is there?

Teams have got to plan ahead.

I hope Leicester are looking at this during the January and Summer transfer windows so that we can compete in all 4 competitions next season.

danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#1420 » by danfantastk32 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:35 pm

So it looks like every Liverpool game moving forward its gonna have "VAR controversy" attached. That's the narrative, eh? Fun.

3 big points. Lot's of games coming up....everybody get their beauty rest!

Return to The General Soccer Board