Official Liverpool FC Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#1541 » by HIF » Sun Jan 5, 2020 7:37 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:Great lineup. Happy with that. Got the W on top of it. Well done to the second unit.

Moving on

That's why you're the best team in the world. There wasn't any need for the excuses and complaining.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,450

Post#1542 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Jan 5, 2020 7:56 pm

That Curtis Jones goal

Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#1543 » by The_Brecht » Sun Jan 5, 2020 9:50 pm

What a goal!
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#1544 » by danfantastk32 » Mon Jan 6, 2020 7:26 am

Definitely a nice one. Cactus...thanks for link.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#1545 » by danfantastk32 » Wed Jan 8, 2020 7:34 am

Looks like Liverpool just came to terms with Nike to supply their gear. $105-ish million a year.

I'm not a big fan of Nike. But it will be good $$$

I did a little bit of research (LITTLE BIT) and it appears we will keep Standard Chartered as our shirt sponsor. It's just that the shirt will be made by Nike, and not New-Balance anymore. It includes all the other clothes as well.

Not huge news, and I'm not sure what our New-Balance contract made us...but $105 mil a year is pretty good. Should aid us in getting more players moving forward.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#1546 » by danfantastk32 » Wed Jan 8, 2020 7:40 am

Big road game against Tottenham this weekend. Team has had some rest....I hope they are ready to bring it. Tot are in desperate straights.....6th place, trying to get back into CL. They will bring it.

They are struggling, but are definitely a quality team. This is a big one for us.
aggerrard
Sixth Man
And1: 948

Post#1547 » by aggerrard » Wed Jan 8, 2020 5:12 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:Looks like Liverpool just came to terms with Nike to supply their gear. $105-ish million a year.

I'm not a big fan of Nike. But it will be good $$$

I did a little bit of research (LITTLE BIT) and it appears we will keep Standard Chartered as our shirt sponsor. It's just that the shirt will be made by Nike, and not New-Balance anymore. It includes all the other clothes as well.

Not huge news, and I'm not sure what our New-Balance contract made us...but $105 mil a year is pretty good. Should aid us in getting more players moving forward.

I think we got 50-60 million dollars-ish a year with New Balance. The basic payment from Nike is lower than what NB offered. We will only get 40 million dollars basic payment from Nike - but we got a lucrative merchandise deal, receiving 20% on all merchandise and 5% on shoes.
I think with our current sales we wont ecplise Uniteds deal with Adidas, but one of the key part of going from NB to Nike is the market. Nike is a much bigger market world-wide, and we wont experience shirts being sold out like have have for the last two season with NB. So the expectation is, that we with a major world wide sponsor like Nike, can improve our overall sales.

So basically the deal relies much on merchandise sales, so the annual payout from Nike can swing from year to year.
aggerrard
Sixth Man

Post#1548 » by aggerrard » Thu Jan 9, 2020 9:51 am

danfantastk32 wrote:Big road game against Tottenham this weekend. Team has had some rest....I hope they are ready to bring it. Tot are in desperate straights.....6th place, trying to get back into CL. They will bring it.

They are struggling, but are definitely a quality team. This is a big one for us.

Agree. Big game, would be amazing to be 17 points clear of City - 15 would be okay aswell.

Mourinho will love to beat us, for sure theyre gonna be motivated. But if we step up and play our best, we should be a level above Spurs.
HIF
RealGM

Post#1549 » by HIF » Thu Jan 9, 2020 7:00 pm

aggerrard wrote:
danfantastk32 wrote:Big road game against Tottenham this weekend. Team has had some rest....I hope they are ready to bring it. Tot are in desperate straights.....6th place, trying to get back into CL. They will bring it.

Agree. Big game, would be amazing to be 17 points clear of City - 15 would be okay aswell.

Mourinho will love to beat us, for sure theyre gonna be motivated. But if we step up and play our best, we should be a level above Spurs.

You are a level above Spurs. You're a level or more above everyone other than Man city.

danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#1550 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:30 am

Alright, well today's win was not the sexiest...but we got the 3-points, and that's the name of the game.

They were playing 5-deep almost the whole game....even when down??? I'm not gonna tell a guy like Mourinho how to coach a team I'm not familiar with...but I found it perplexing. They sat back right up till around 65 minutes. Why?

Hey, good for us. We got a bit lucky I think. Spurs had several golden chances. Glad we only had to deal with 30 or so minutes of their intensity, and not the whole game.

Moving forward....we have Manure next. Thankfully we have a good 8-day rest before. We had a nice rest here before today's game as well. Perfect. After that Manure game, we are gonna have 4 games in about 12-13 days. 3 are prem games.

The record we got today seemed like a bunch of nonsense. Something about 21 games into the season. Bunch of crap, if it's not backed up with Big-Ears. But hey....it means we're on the right track. So good on our boys.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#1551 » by NyCeEvO » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:09 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:The record we got today seemed like a bunch of nonsense. Something about 21 games into the season. Bunch of crap, if it's not backed up with Big-Ears. But hey....it means we're on the right track. So good on our boys.

Writers gonna write.

As long as Klopp can keep the outside noise out of the locker room, they should remain locked in. As gut wrenching as losing the prem last year to ManC was, the taste of defeat despite playing so well might have instilled a greater level of focus and determination that we're seeing this year. They know they can't let up at all.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#1552 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:37 pm

True that. Man-City is demolishing AV as we speak. They will be 14-points behind. We'll have a game in hand. We still have 17 games to play. They need to keep the focus even harder the next 4-5 weeks. This is where it's easy to drop a game or two, and think "eh....we got this anyhow" Not with Man-City behind us.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#1553 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:39 pm

Cactus...good luck to your 'hawks today. I assume you'll be watching. Crazy that the Ravens got bounced. I believed all the hype, and I thought they were pretty much a lock to win it all. Ya never know in sports.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#1554 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:46 pm

Oh...and let's bury Manure next week. We get some good rest, and a chance to repay the team we dropped points to. We'll be a home, and you know they'd love nothing more than to be the spoilers to all the good things going on here. Hoping for a good 4-1 or 3-0 score. I'd take an even more lopsided victory...but I don't want to get greedy here. Let's soundly beat them, make our statement, and move on.
aggerrard
Sixth Man

Post#1555 » by aggerrard » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:53 am

danfantastk32 wrote:Oh...and let's bury Manure next week. We get some good rest, and a chance to repay the team we dropped points to. We'll be a home, and you know they'd love nothing more than to be the spoilers to all the good things going on here. Hoping for a good 4-1 or 3-0 score. I'd take an even more lopsided victory...but I don't want to get greedy here. Let's soundly beat them, make our statement, and move on.

United have been great against 'better' teams this season. Great counter-team, mediocre when they have to create the game. I think the first goal could be a decider. If United gets a counter goal like in the first game, it will be hard to break down their defense with 11 man behind the ball. If we score the first goal i think we will run away with it.

Either way, i'm going to the local pub once again with fellow LFC fans from the danish fanclub, intending to get one or two - maybe ten beers - likely 10+ and have a good time.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#1556 » by danfantastk32 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:22 pm

aggerrard wrote:
danfantastk32 wrote:Oh...and let's bury Manure next week. We get some good rest, and a chance to repay the team we dropped points to. We'll be a home, and you know they'd love nothing more than to be the spoilers to all the good things going on here. Hoping for a good 4-1 or 3-0 score. I'd take an even more lopsided victory...but I don't want to get greedy here. Let's soundly beat them, make our statement, and move on.

United have been great against 'better' teams this season. Great counter-team, mediocre when they have to create the game. I think the first goal could be a decider. If United gets a counter goal like in the first game, it will be hard to break down their defense with 11 man behind the ball. If we score the first goal i think we will run away with it.

Either way, i'm going to the local pub once again with fellow LFC fans from the danish fanclub, intending to get one or two - maybe ten beers - likely 10+ and have a good time.

Beer + Sports = proof of God
HIF
RealGM

Post#1557 » by HIF » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:21 am

Where's the champagne?

danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#1558 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:26 pm

HIF wrote:Where's the champagne?

Yeah....with that victory today, along with the other top 4-5 teams either losing or drawing, I think that even I have to concede this season is ours.

Holy SH**!!!!!! I still can't bring myself to celebrate, as we haven't actually done it yet, but that pit in my stomach is there. I'm counting the games till we've mathematically won.

We just need to stay focused, and don't get into a gnarly bus-accident, or something.....and big ears comes back to Liverpool!!!!
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#1559 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:43 pm

Great win today against our rivals. Our fingers are definitely starting to wrap around that trophy!

Nothing won yet!!!! We can't let up. We have Wolves on Thurs (weird time). 6th in the table, so we need to take em serious.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,450

Post#1560 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:28 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:
HIF wrote:Where's the champagne?

Yeah....with that victory today, along with the other top 4-5 teams either losing or drawing, I think that even I have to concede this season is ours.

Holy SH**!!!!!! I still can't bring myself to celebrate, as we haven't actually done it yet, but that pit in my stomach is there. I'm counting the games till we've mathematically won.

We just need to stay focused, and don't get into a gnarly bus-accident, or something.....and big ears comes back to Liverpool!!!!

I'm not ready to declare anything just yet. But man, does it feel within reach! :biggrin: :party:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over

Return to The General Soccer Board