Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#1821 » by JohnPferdelack » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:39 pm

Ajax helps with an own goal so far.
aggerrard
Sixth Man
And1: 948

Post#1822 » by aggerrard » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:57 pm

Adrian and Gomez are extremely insecure - and it doesn't help that the midfield are all over the place. Milner can't keep up with the pace and if he stays in the game, i bet he gets a 2nd yellow at some point.

Firmino is still just a shadow of himself.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#1823 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:58 pm

Very good win.

I fully expected us to be shaky as we adjust to missing both our defensive captain and Thiago's presence. The boys settled down after the 30th minute and managed the rest of the game well considering the circumstances.
aggerrard
Sixth Man

Post#1824 » by aggerrard » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:16 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:Very good win.

I fully expected us to be shaky as we adjust to missing both our defensive captain and Thiago's presence. The boys settled down after the 30th minute and managed the rest of the game well considering the circumstances.

Better control over the game in the 2nd half - much of it prob contributed to Hendo coming on.

Fabinho MOTM - would like to see him and Matip play together, IF Matip somehow can stay healthy. I still believe in Gomez, but he could need a mental break and 5-6 games on the bench. Also can't wait to Alisson is back, my nerves can't handle Adrian on goal. He almost f'cked up 3 times today, luckily it didn't cost.

Better backup keeper and Upamecano next window.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#1825 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:16 pm

aggerrard wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:Very good win.

Better control over the game in the 2nd half - much of it prob contributed to Hendo coming on.

Fabinho MOTM - would like to see him and Matip play together, IF Matip somehow can stay healthy. I still believe in Gomez, but he could need a mental break and 5-6 games on the bench. Also can't wait to Alisson is back, my nerves can't handle Adrian on goal. He almost f'cked up 3 times today, luckily it didn't cost.

Better backup keeper and Upamecano next window.

Agree 100%.

It seems like all of the substitutions were pre-planned. Very happy it didn’t cost us the win. (As I mentioned before, I would’ve been ok with the draw considering the injuries and emotional rollercoaster of the Derby fiasco.)

Remember when we got Fabinho and iirc, Koop didn’t play him until injuries forced Koop to play him lol? Can’t imagine this team without him. He’s even better this season.

Yeah, I wish Magic could stay healthy. It seems like every time he’s fit enough to play, he gets injured again.

Gomez had a good run with VVD two seasons ago. But ever since he broke his leg, his play has been subpar. You probably have more faith than in him I do lol.

Regarding Adrian, every time a shot from the opposition is on goal, I think it’s going in. He seems to overthink everything. It’s as if that he tries so hard not to screw up that he inevitably does.

I haven’t really watched Upamecano. I’ll need to catch some clips of him. Given that I’ve heard his name a lot from other fans already, he must be much better than Gomez haha.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,456

Post#1826 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:05 am

Thank god Ali is back
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,456

Post#1827 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:06 am

aggerrard wrote:Good job Adrian... Seriously. Gotta get a better backup keeper.

I thought he'd be an upgrade over Mignolet...boy was I wrong.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,797

Post#1828 » by UcanUwill » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:04 pm

what are the chances VVD comes back 100%. The injury seems as severe that he might never be the same...
aggerrard
Sixth Man

Post#1829 » by aggerrard » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:56 pm

God dammit Minamino and Origi are straight TRASH.
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#1830 » by JohnPferdelack » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:06 pm

Minamino only can the league in Austria^^
Can't compare that with the PL xD
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#1831 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:28 pm

UcanUwill wrote:what are the chances VVD comes back 100%. The injury seems as severe that he might never be the same...

Recovery from ACL tears and ruptures aren't as bad as they used to be. Achilles tears are worse and used to be career ending injuries, but nowadays athletes are coming back from those and performing nearly as well, if not just as well, as they were pre-injury.

The road to 100% recovery is 1) having a successful surgery with no complications; 2) healing with no complications; 3) balanced training of his leg muscles and strengthening of tendons and ligaments during recovery; and 4) time/patience.

Van Dijk doesn't play a position that requires maximum speed and agility all of the time, so even if he's not 100% when he comes back, he should still be able to play the CB position just fine.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#1832 » by UcanUwill » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:41 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:what are the chances VVD comes back 100%. The injury seems as severe that he might never be the same...

Recovery from ACL tears and ruptures aren't as bad as they used to be. Achilles tears are worse and used to be career ending injuries, but nowadays athletes are coming back from those and performing nearly as well, if not just as well, as they were pre-injury.

The road to 100% recovery is 1) having a successful surgery with no complications; 2) healing with no complications; 3) balanced training of his leg muscles and strengthening of tendons and ligaments during recovery; and 4) time/patience.

Van Dijk doesn't play a position that requires maximum speed and agility all of the time, so even if he's not 100% when he comes back, he should still be able to play the CB position just fine.

I have no doubt that Virgil will be able to play CB again, I just hope he plays CB again as well as he did, which is like top 3 in the world. Of course its good he is not a winger or anything, but still, a devastating injury no matter how you slice it.
aggerrard
Sixth Man

Post#1833 » by aggerrard » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:31 pm

Knowing Midtjylland very well, i was disappointed in the performance yesterday. Midtjylland do have two strong CB's in Sviatchenko and Scholz and some flair on the wings with Dreyer and Sisto. Onyeka and Cajuste in the midfield are both decent talents, but they are young and unproven. Atalanta exposed them with some simple pressure. We didn't put any pressure on them at all and allowed them to play safe.

The motivation might not have been 100% for the game since we should be on another level to Midtjylland. But guys like Origi, Minamino and Shaqiri have everything to prove whenever they play. Shaq did a decent job, but he doesn't cover much as the third man in the midfield. Origi plays with tunnel vision and Minamino just ain't good enough.

Disappointing performance overall, but three points is the most important at the end of the day. Fabinho got injured and Henderson took a hit aswell. One week ago Klopp said Thiago, Keita and Matip were a few days away - yesterday he said the same thing. These injuries might kill the season for us. Thiago and Matip are vital with the series of injuries we have.
aggerrard
Sixth Man

Post#1834 » by aggerrard » Mon Nov 2, 2020 1:01 pm

Jota with the winning goal in the last 3 games! Impressive start. Shaq also looks promising.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#1835 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Nov 3, 2020 8:19 pm

Jota is on fire and we are playing with confidence. Don't let up!
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#1836 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Nov 3, 2020 8:23 pm

[instagram][/instagram]
aggerrard wrote:Jota with the winning goal in the last 3 games! Impressive start. Shaq also looks promising.

IIRC, Shaq assisted on the last two winning goals to Jota. He's been very solid. He keeps moving around and finding openings. He clearly doesn't want to lose a spot in the rotation. I'm glad he wasn't sold during the summer as there were rumors he was unhappy with his playing time (although I've heard Shaq has had a number of problems with fitness/injuries).
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#1837 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Nov 3, 2020 8:36 pm

OMG Jota! Wow....Bobby, your hold on the no.9 spot is officially in doubt!
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#1838 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Nov 3, 2020 9:06 pm

Rampaging!
aggerrard
Sixth Man

Post#1839 » by aggerrard » Tue Nov 3, 2020 9:54 pm

Best performance this season. Jota with the first goal, another game winning goal ;)

Four in a row for him now.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#1840 » by UcanUwill » Sun Nov 8, 2020 10:34 am

big day coming up.

Return to The General Soccer Board