Official Liverpool FC Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

aggerrard
Sixth Man
And1: 948

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#1941 » by aggerrard » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:22 am

Matip out with a serious injury.

Maybe now our owners wakes up and realize the position we're in. No avialable first-team CB's avaiable for prob the next 3 month - and our young CB's don't even have the level to play in the Championship.
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#1942 » by The_Brecht » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:39 am

Mustafi?
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1943 » by HIF » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:43 am

The_Brecht wrote:Mustafi?

:lol:
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,705

Post#1944 » by UcanUwill » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:02 pm

Shaqiri with the pass of the season, CB line holding up.
aggerrard
Sixth Man

Post#1945 » by aggerrard » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:14 pm

UcanUwill wrote:Shaqiri with the pass of the season, CB line holding up.

That touch from Salah though :o
HIF
RealGM

Post#1946 » by HIF » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:54 pm

Liverpool fans are back.

HIF
RealGM

Post#1947 » by HIF » Mon Feb 1, 2021 12:37 pm

Ozan Kabak would be another great pick up.

Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#1948 » by Foye » Mon Feb 1, 2021 12:43 pm

HIF wrote:Ozan Kabak would be another great pick up.

He has been dreadful for Schalke.

And by dreadful I mean dreadful dreadful.

"Unforced errors and terrible defending" has been his middle name this season.

No idea why Liverpool value him.
HIF
RealGM

Post#1949 » by HIF » Mon Feb 1, 2021 3:04 pm

Foye wrote:
HIF wrote:Ozan Kabak would be another great pick up.

He has been dreadful for Schalke.

And by dreadful I mean dreadful dreadful.

"Unforced errors and terrible defending" has been his middle name this season.

No idea why Liverpool value him.

Really.

I know that last summer Leicester were looking into him and we heard great reviews. oh well, we dodged a bullet and Liverpool can stay closer to us in the prem. :wink:

The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#1950 » by The_Brecht » Mon Feb 1, 2021 4:26 pm

Schalke getting Mustafi seems like the better deal at the moment.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
aggerrard
Sixth Man

Post#1951 » by aggerrard » Mon Feb 1, 2021 8:43 pm

Atleast we seems to get two new defenders. Not gonna lie, haven't watched either of them play, but hopefully they can perform well.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,433

Post#1952 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:16 am

So I guess we're officially out of the title race? Bummer.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
aggerrard
Sixth Man

Post#1953 » by aggerrard » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:48 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:So I guess we're officially out of the title race? Bummer.

Yea, title is gone. Gonna be a fight for top-4, and then a big task this summer rebuilding the team. Specially with the owners being so hesitant spending any money. Like why wait for Fabinho and Matip to get injured - and then finally realizing the need for some defender on the very last day of the transfer window. Stupidity really.

Van Dijk is back next season, that should stabilize the team. But i don't have my hopes too high. We saw with Oxlade how much he lost after his knee injury vs Roma, never came close to the same player again. Who knows how VvD is going to look after most of a year out, and a age reaching 30?

A new centerback this summer is a must! I'd also like a new CM and a new attacker. 3 quality players - can't be too much to demand after two season with barely any money spend. Better spend now and make the rebuild before it's too late.
aggerrard
Sixth Man

Post#1954 » by aggerrard » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:49 pm

If everything goes wrong, we can be down at 8th or 9th after 24 games. We're 15th in the last 10 games with a total of 9 points. Trust in Klopp is still there 100%, but what a disappointment it would be missing out on top-4.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#1955 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:55 pm

At halftime, I would've accepted a 0-0 result. We were playing free and just couldn't click in the final third. It felt like we weren't far off from a goal but as long as Leicester didn't score, I would've been ok.

Bobby's setup for Mo's goal was sublime. 1-0 win would've been fantastic.

We were controlling the game for 75min...and then 7 minutes from hell.

Thiago was struggling all match. I can't remember if he retained a single possession after being challenged by a defender. And while I can't fault him for being an active defender, he routinely draws poor fouls. If he doesn't challenge at all and give Leicester a set piece at the edge of the box, does Leicester believe that they can come back in the final 15 minutes? They looked pretty dispirited. I'll see Thiago's foul (which traditionally would've been a penalty) and mysterious onside call which allowed Maddison's goal to stand cancel each other out. In short, if Thiago doesn't challenge, who knows how the game finishes.

And then...

I've heard a lot of people clamoring for our new center halves to play as soon as they were available, but I always had the belief that you shouldn't play them until they are very comfortable with our play style and won't make glaring errors. We covered for Kabak up to this point. His involvement during important possessions was minimal, which is good. He can watch and get a feel for how Klopp wants us to be setup in the back.

I hope we'll hear in the post match coverage what exactly went wrong, but at the very least, there was clear miscommunication between Kabak and Allison. I will say this though...I'm tired of the excuses for Alisson. Yes, he's a world-class keeper when he's defending shots, but I cannot for the life of me understand why he consistently feels the need to dribble and play with fire when the situation doesn't require such reckless play. He needs to clean it up or I'd almost contemplate benching him for a match as a form of discipline. The keeper is supposed to be the safety valve for us. We're supposed to feel comfortable when he has the ball. When Alisson has the ball at his feet, I'm worried way more than I should that he won't clear the ball it's the clear and obvious thing to do.

And then...

I'll have to see it on replay again, but I'm surprised Kabak wasn't aware of Barnes position. He was so focused on the ball in front that he doesn't even see Barnes to his right. Yes, he's young but he should've been playing conservatively and kept the high line. He was stuck in no man's land and we paid the price.

And yet even though the loss was massively disappointing, I believe we were only a few technical errors away from putting together a dominant away win. I still believe that our overall form was better than we had been in the previous 6-8 weeks, with the exception of 2-3 matches. I was certain we would've lost the tie against RB Leipzig with our previous form. Now, there's no excuse to not win it.

We just need clear communication defensively (and for Alisson to just focus on stopping the ball from going into the net, not dribbling) and for Thiago to either stop with poor fouls or get benched.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#1956 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:57 pm

aggerrard wrote:If everything goes wrong, we can be down at 8th or 9th after 24 games. We're 15th in the last 10 games with a total of 9 points. Trust in Klopp is still there 100%, but what a disappointment it would be missing out on top-4.

Today's loss sucks but I'm still encouraged. We're starting to click again; we just need to clean up a few technical things. We certainly played much better than a team ranked 15th today. If we clean up the small stuff, we should still make top-4.
aggerrard
Sixth Man

Post#1957 » by aggerrard » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:06 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
aggerrard wrote:If everything goes wrong, we can be down at 8th or 9th after 24 games. We're 15th in the last 10 games with a total of 9 points. Trust in Klopp is still there 100%, but what a disappointment it would be missing out on top-4.

Today's loss sucks but I'm still encouraged. We're starting to click again; we just need to clean up a few technical things. We certainly played much better than a team ranked 15th today. If we clean up the small stuff, we should still make top-4.

But we played well against Spurs and West Ham, just to get outplayed at home by Brighton - followed up by a 4-1 and a 3-1 loss. Fabinho is injured, Milner injured today, Davies injured. We are in the worst place we've been all season. The fact we played decent today doesn't change that
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#1958 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:36 pm

aggerrard wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:

But we played well against Spurs and West Ham, just to get outplayed at home by Brighton - followed up by a 4-1 and a 3-1 loss. Fabinho is injured, Milner injured today, Davies injured. We are in the worst place we've been all season. The fact we played decent today doesn't change that

Yes, but before those wins, we were truly a dispirited spirit. There was a malaise over the team that made them look so different and play like a relegation-level side.

The wins against Spurs and West Ham were signs that we are capable of playing well again. We're playing better, but we are being inconsistent. I'd much rather be inconsistent than what we were for the month of January. This loss was not like our terrible January play. Our loss was primarily due to small but costly errors that can be addressed.
aggerrard
Sixth Man

Post#1959 » by aggerrard » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:47 am

Well, besides the brain-dead ref giving that pathetic penalty - we're absolutely horrendous. Imagine a striker who can actually find the right positions and knows how to shot a ball, Trent and Robbo would have three times the assist already. Firmino somehow runs away from the right positions and can't hit the **** goal from more than two meters away. **** me, he is a decent player - but he isn't a striker.

Jota is still two weeks away, somehow been that for the entirety of 2021. Give us some clarity - come on now.

As for the owners. We have obviously peaked, and if FSG wants us to stay or come back to the top, they better invest in the squad. Atlest 100m pounds this summer. A new quality centerback, new quality CM and a quality attacker should be the minimum. Otherwise we're looking at the same mediocracy we went through for 15 **** years.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,433

Post#1960 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:00 am

I haven't watched on a consistent basis as of late. Been rather preoccupied with other stuff. Which would seem to be a good thing at the moment lol. But....Wow. Things have really gone south. I did expect somewhat of a dip this season, with the injuries early on & just the odd circumstances of Covid. But nothing like this. Wtf.... :crazy:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over

Return to The General Soccer Board