Official Liverpool FC Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#2021 » by HIF » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:53 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
HIF wrote:Looks like you've circumvented the need to actually win matches to get into Europe.

You're right. It would seem that we don't actually have to qualify for CL after all. :lol:

Assuming the ESL gets the greenlight of course.

It won't get the green light. It's a matter of whether those teams have the balls to leave and setup on their own. They won't have! But they've tried to **** on the thousands of other teams in Europe. Have your cake and eat it.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#2022 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:04 pm

Tale of two halves...

I guess since we finally scored in the first half of a PL match, we thought we'd definitely win the game.

It's disappointing that we couldn't hold on to in order to (at least temporarily) get into 4th place.

But given all that's going on, this draw doesn't sting as much as it would normal circumstances. I hate the idea of a new league (that would be regarded as the most important out of all competitions) where teams automatically qualify on the basis of their historical dominance and/or the size of their purse, and not by actually going out and winning.

If the NBA changed the rules such that the Lakers and Knicks received automatic bids into the playoffs every year, I'd stop watching it. This is disgraceful.
HIF
RealGM

Post#2023 » by HIF » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:27 am

NyCeEvO wrote:Tale of two halves...

I guess since we finally scored in the first half of a PL match, we thought we'd definitely win the game.

It's disappointing that we couldn't hold on to in order to (at least temporarily) get into 4th place.

But given all that's going on, this draw doesn't sting as much as it would normal circumstances. I hate the idea of a new league (that would be regarded as the most important out of all competitions) where teams automatically qualify on the basis of their historical dominance and/or the size of their purse, and not by actually going out and winning.

If the NBA changed the rules such that the Lakers and Knicks received automatic bids into the playoffs every year, I'd stop watching it. This is disgraceful.

as you said who really cares less about this result at the moment? I started to watch the match as it should have been a really open attacking contest but I lost all interest and moved onto the superleague thread in this forum instead.

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,435

Post#2024 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:46 pm

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#2025 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:08 am

Read on Twitter
HIF
RealGM

Post#2026 » by HIF » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:01 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Greedy pig, you'll be back on the greed bandwagon soon enough. Hope you don't qualify for europe next season. :wink:

Drax
Analyst
And1: 2,949

Post#2027 » by Drax » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:07 pm

HIF wrote:Greedy pig, you'll be back on the greed bandwagon soon enough. Hope you don't qualify for europe next season. :wink:

'They love your club and work to make you proud every single day'.

The PR team has not learned. How about this:

'They love our club and work to make us proud every single day.'

Remorse sounds different to me, how about you LFC fans?
Boston Celtics depth chart:

Guards: Holiday, White, Pritchard
Wings: Tatum, Brown, Hauser, Brissett
Bigs: Porzingis, Horford
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#2028 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:27 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:This is disgraceful.

They certainly are.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#2029 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:37 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

They certainly are.

Go up one, control the overwhelming majority of the game, only to concede a goal in the final minutes. Sound familiar?

This they’re saved by a handball in the final 2 minutes only to concede off a set piece in the final minute. Unbelievable...they don’t deserve top 4.

I was so incensed I stormed away from the TV shouting “I can’t believe this team” ad nauseum. Infuriating...
HIF
RealGM

Post#2030 » by HIF » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:07 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

They certainly are.

Go up one, control the overwhelming majority of the game, only to concede a goal in the final minutes. Sound familiar?

This they’re saved by a handball in the final 2 minutes only to concede off a set piece in the final minute. Unbelievable...they don’t deserve top 4.

I was so incensed I stormed away from the TV shouting “I can’t believe this team” ad nauseum. Infuriating...

This is football. The highs are so much better when you get lows like that. It's what those superleague owners don't understand. Fans do.

HIF
RealGM

Post#2031 » by HIF » Mon May 3, 2021 7:49 am

I'm not sure if the postponement is good or bad for Liverpool. A loss yesterday and they'd have given heart to the others in the CL fight but a win would have had them favourites to pick up all 15 points from their last 5 games and be in the mix. Be interesting to see for when the game is rearranged and whether it affects starting lineups. I don't really understand why they didn't play the game later yesterday. With no fans and the players already at the stadium I can only see it' was because of television.

aggerrard
Sixth Man
And1: 948

Post#2032 » by aggerrard » Fri May 14, 2021 4:51 pm

First time back at the pub for a game since november - thanks to the wonderful Corona. Great time, my throat is hurting today and my singing (screaming) voice hasn't gotten any better since november. I can still drink beers though and the hangovers are still as bad.

Today with 9 hours at work after 4 hours of sleep. One of the tougher days with bad hangovers. But it was well worth it. Great game by the lads, we're somehow in the race again - and if we win the last 3 we should get the top-4 spot by goal-difference at least. But you never know with this team this season. Might just lose against WBA sunday.

YNWA! :)
HIF
RealGM

Post#2033 » by HIF » Fri May 14, 2021 7:36 pm

aggerrard wrote:First time back at the pub for a game since november - thanks to the wonderful Corona. Great time, my throat is hurting today and my singing (screaming) voice hasn't gotten any better since november. I can still drink beers though and the hangovers are still as bad.

Today with 9 hours at work after 4 hours of sleep. One of the tougher days with bad hangovers. But it was well worth it. Great game by the lads, we're somehow in the race again - and if we win the last 3 we should get the top-4 spot by goal-difference at least. But you never know with this team this season. Might just lose against WBA sunday.

If you win your last 3 you definitely get top 4 because Leicester and Chelsea play each other and cannot both get 6 points from 6.

aggerrard
Sixth Man

Post#2034 » by aggerrard » Sat May 15, 2021 12:10 pm

HIF wrote:
aggerrard wrote:First time back at the pub for a game since november - thanks to the wonderful Corona. Great time, my throat is hurting today and my singing (screaming) voice hasn't gotten any better since november. I can still drink beers though and the hangovers are still as bad.

If you win your last 3 you definitely get top 4 because Leicester and Chelsea play each other and cannot both get 6 points from 6.

If Chelsea beats Leicester it can still come down to goal-difference between Liverpool and Leicester.
HIF
RealGM

Post#2035 » by HIF » Sat May 15, 2021 2:17 pm

aggerrard wrote:
HIF wrote:

If Chelsea beats Leicester it can still come down to goal-difference between Liverpool and Leicester.

True but if you win your three matches only 1-0 that would mean you have +23, if we lose to Chelsea 1-0 and beat Spurs 1-0 we'd have +21. If your Goal difference is not better than ours then we must have beaten Spurs by a large amount. Your advantage is that Both Leicester AND Chelsea cannot get enough points to finish above you if you beat the 3 teams you play because we are playing each other. If you don't beat West Brom, Palace and Burnley you really don't deserve the CL spot. West Brom are seriously poor, Palace have 1 good day in 10 but otherwise are poor - and they seem to just switch off once mathematically safe, Burnley can beat any team on their day and Dyche is a good manager but they are poor against fast attacking teams. They just went down 4-0 to Leeds. I think you are going to get a CL spot (not that I think you totally deserve it). Then it comes down to how Chelsea and Leicester recover from the FA Cup final (euphoria and depression) for who takes the other spot. Of course I'll still hold out hope that Grealish can do some last day magic and push Villa to a win over Chelsea :D

aggerrard
Sixth Man

Post#2036 » by aggerrard » Sat May 15, 2021 2:58 pm

HIF wrote:
aggerrard wrote:
HIF wrote:

True but if you win your three matches only 1-0 that would mean you have +23, if we lose to Chelsea 1-0 and beat Spurs 1-0 we'd have +21. If your Goal difference is not better than ours then we must have beaten Spurs by a large amount. Your advantage is that Both Leicester AND Chelsea cannot get enough points to finish above you if you beat the 3 teams you play because we are playing each other. If you don't beat West Brom, Palace and Burnley you really don't deserve the CL spot. West Brom are seriously poor, Palace have 1 good day in 10 but otherwise are poor - and they seem to just switch off once mathematically safe, Burnley can beat any team on their day and Dyche is a good manager but they are poor against fast attacking teams. They just went down 4-0 to Leeds. I think you are going to get a CL spot (not that I think you totally deserve it). Then it comes down to how Chelsea and Leicester recover from the FA Cup final (euphoria and depression) for who takes the other spot. Of course I'll still hold out hope that Grealish can do some last day magic and push Villa to a win over Chelsea :D

The teams above keeps losing. Somehow we're still in it. But looking at the season, it would be no surprise if Palace, Burnley and/or WBA can take points. That's how the season's going.

On the goal-difference. I stated in the first post that we atleast should get the top-4 by goal-difference if we win the last 3 games. So i think we agree.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,743

Post#2037 » by UcanUwill » Sun May 16, 2021 5:31 pm

Alisson Becker

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#2038 » by Cactus Jack » Sun May 16, 2021 6:57 pm

This **** team man! :lol:
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#2039 » by Foye » Sun May 16, 2021 8:48 pm

They should sign a new goalie in the offseason. Need Alisson as striker.
HIF
RealGM

Post#2040 » by HIF » Mon May 17, 2021 7:50 am

The refs really won the game for them though. It was a disgrace that West Brom weren't ahead 2-1 before then.

Return to The General Soccer Board