Official Liverpool FC Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,453

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#941 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Apr 5, 2018 3:45 am

danfantastk32 wrote:Another one of those 'head-scratching' games where we look as good as any squad out there.

I look forward to screaming that Klopp needs to be shipped out after we lose to Everton on Sat.

I think I'm more nervous now (3-0 lead) going into the 2nd leg, then if today's result was (0-0). :lol:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#942 » by danfantastk32 » Thu Apr 5, 2018 3:58 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
danfantastk32 wrote:Another one of those 'head-scratching' games where we look as good as any squad out there.

I look forward to screaming that Klopp needs to be shipped out after we lose to Everton on Sat.

I think I'm more nervous now (3-0 lead) going into the 2nd leg, then if today's result was (0-0). :lol:

Was thinking the same thing myself. I worry we're gonna come out and try to camp around our goal. Will be a huge mistake. We need to attack. It's what we do. It's what we're good at. Let the cards fall where they may.

1 goal means they need to score 5. If we can get an away goal, I think we're looking good. But yeah...I worry we will play it all wrong.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#943 » by Baseline81 » Thu Apr 5, 2018 2:13 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:Was thinking the same thing myself. I worry we're gonna come out and try to camp around our goal. Will be a huge mistake. We need to attack. It's what we do. It's what we're good at. Let the cards fall where they may.

1 goal means they need to score 5. If we can get an away goal, I think we're looking good. But yeah...I worry we will play it all wrong.

Cannot see Klopp changing his game plan. He said he wasn't happy with the second half performance.

Prior to the game, didn't he state there's only one way to play City?
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#944 » by danfantastk32 » Thu Apr 5, 2018 10:00 pm

Baseline81 wrote:
danfantastk32 wrote:Was thinking the same thing myself. I worry we're gonna come out and try to camp around our goal. Will be a huge mistake. We need to attack. It's what we do. It's what we're good at. Let the cards fall where they may.

Cannot see Klopp changing his game plan. He said he wasn't happy with the second half performance.

Prior to the game, didn't he state there's only one way to play City?

Hope your right.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#945 » by danfantastk32 » Sat Apr 7, 2018 9:05 pm

Well there's that lack-luster game I was talking about.

with 5 games to go....we're prob 4 points ahead of Chelsea (they have 2 games to catch up). We need to stay ahead of them if we want to be in CL next year. What a wasted game for us.

So many wasted opportunities every year. I just don't know sometimes.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#946 » by danfantastk32 » Sat Apr 7, 2018 9:08 pm

And speak of the devil....Chelsea are our 2nd to last game this season.

We need to win out, and pray they slip a game. With our consistency....who the hell knows?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#947 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Apr 7, 2018 9:22 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:Well there's that lack-luster game I was talking about.

with 5 games to go....we're prob 4 points ahead of Chelsea (they have 2 games to catch up). We need to stay ahead of them if we want to be in CL next year. What a wasted game for us.

So many wasted opportunities every year. I just don't know sometimes.

Lol we'll be fine. I wouldn't worry too much about Chelsea. Taking care of business Tuesday should be top priority.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#948 » by HIF » Sun Apr 8, 2018 9:21 am

There's the inconsistency I quoted and you laughed about.

It was crappy Everton.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#949 » by Baseline81 » Sun Apr 8, 2018 2:06 pm

HIF wrote:There's the inconsistency I quoted and you laughed about.

It was crappy Everton.

And did you see the starting line-up? Not exactly Liverpool's finest. Both Liverpool and Manchester City's lineups suggest the importance of Tuesday's second leg over a PL match.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#950 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Apr 8, 2018 6:45 pm

It was crappy Everton.

Not sure who that was to, but I hope it wasn't me. I am TOTALLY aware of our inconsistency. It bugs the everloving crap outa me. We have occasional losses....but usually it's the Draws. 19-wins 10-draws this season. Every two wins comes with a draw.

A draw with Chelsea or Arsenal or something is one thing....but both Everton matches this year were draws. We're NEVER gonna win a title with that sh**. I wrote it on the other forum a few days back: this team lost 6 games last season. only 1 was against a top-10 team, and that was to #9. <---------- can't throw those games away, and win a title.

I'm with you 1000%
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#951 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Apr 8, 2018 6:47 pm

On the good news. Chelsea tied today. Massive loss for there CL hopes. I guess we're not the only ones dealing with it.

Gotta play good still....but I think we're firmly in the drivers seat at #4. Would like to be #3
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#952 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Apr 8, 2018 9:01 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:On the good news. Chelsea tied today. Massive loss for there CL hopes. I guess we're not the only ones dealing with it.

Gotta play good still....but I think we're firmly in the drivers seat at #4. Would like to be #3

We're 10 points clear of Chelsea atm. We're basically a lock for top 4.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#953 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Apr 8, 2018 9:08 pm

Baseline81 wrote:

It was crappy Everton.

And did you see the starting line-up? Not exactly Liverpool's finest. Both Liverpool and Manchester City's lineups suggest the importance of Tuesday's second leg over a PL match.

Exactly. The Everton game was of little significance really. The 2nd leg against City is/should be the most pressing issue here.
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,625

Post#954 » by Next Coming » Sun Apr 8, 2018 11:42 pm

It was crappy Everton.

We played our reserves like two days after a midweek game lol. That was a scheduled loss lol.
HIF
RealGM

Post#955 » by HIF » Mon Apr 9, 2018 9:55 am

Baseline81 wrote:

It was crappy Everton.

I saw the lineup. Definitely a top 6 lineup even in that format. Still if you want to fool yourself that Liverpool don't have the squad to beat Everton then go ahead.

HIF
RealGM

Post#956 » by HIF » Mon Apr 9, 2018 9:56 am

danfantastk32 wrote:

It was crappy Everton.

Not sure who that was to, but I hope it wasn't me. I am TOTALLY aware of our inconsistency. It bugs the everloving crap outa me. We have occasional losses....but usually it's the Draws. 19-wins 10-draws this season. Every two wins comes with a draw.

A draw with Chelsea or Arsenal or something is one thing....but both Everton matches this year were draws. We're NEVER gonna win a title with that sh**. I wrote it on the other forum a few days back: this team lost 6 games last season. only 1 was against a top-10 team, and that was to #9. <---------- can't throw those games away, and win a title.

I'm with you 1000%

I know you are. It must be very frustrating for you. I know when Leicester lose to crappy Newcastle I feel the same.

HIF
RealGM

Post#957 » by HIF » Mon Apr 9, 2018 10:02 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
danfantastk32 wrote:On the good news. Chelsea tied today. Massive loss for there CL hopes. I guess we're not the only ones dealing with it.

We're 10 points clear of Chelsea atm. We're basically a lock for top 4.

That's true. As I said the prem is full of faulty teams this year. Liverpool and Man City are fantastic going forwards but not so in defence. Manure are jekyll and hide, spurs have a problem when they're under pressure, Arsenal are ****. It's been a fun season with some great matches but the Prem teams are not as good as people are making out.

HIF
RealGM

Post#958 » by HIF » Mon Apr 9, 2018 10:06 am

Next Coming wrote:

It was crappy Everton.

We played our reserves like two days after a midweek game lol. That was a scheduled loss lol.

Your reserves:

Karius
2Clyne
6Lovren
4van Dijk
17Klavan
5Wijnaldum
14Henderson
7MilnerSubstituted forOxlade-Chamberlainat 68'minutes
28IngsSubstituted forAlexander-Arnoldat 89'minutes
29Solanke
19ManéSubstituted forFirminoat 74'minutes

You're talking ****. You basically didn't play Salah - Nigel Pearson would think you're an Ostrich.

Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,625

Post#959 » by Next Coming » Mon Apr 9, 2018 7:38 pm

HIF wrote:
Next Coming wrote:

It was crappy Everton.

Your reserves:

Karius
2Clyne
6Lovren
4van Dijk
17Klavan
5Wijnaldum
14Henderson
7MilnerSubstituted forOxlade-Chamberlainat 68'minutes
28IngsSubstituted forAlexander-Arnoldat 89'minutes
29Solanke
19ManéSubstituted forFirminoat 74'minutes

You're talking ****. You basically didn't play Salah - Nigel Pearson would think you're an Ostrich.

Clyne’s first game action this year

Our 4th string CB playing LB for the first time ever

Ings who’s last start was the game before Rodgers got fired and a teenager who still hasn’t done anything for Liverpool.

Two days after a mid week CL game on an early kick off. I didn’t expect anything from this game but carry on with your ‘inconsistency’ narrative
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#960 » by danfantastk32 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:57 am

HIF wrote:
Baseline81 wrote:

It was crappy Everton.

I saw the lineup. Definitely a top 6 lineup even in that format. Still if you want to fool yourself that Liverpool don't have the squad to beat Everton then go ahead.

I'm sorry....but I completely agree with this comment. Did we play to lose? Is that what you'r all saying? Are we that confident? Winners of exactly ZERO prem-titles. We just dick around and win/lose when we want?

That's peeps theory? Well F that. Go win a couple titles. THEN go big-dick-swingin' on all those "meaningless" games. I'll believe all this crap once we've hoisted a couple titles. Till then......we are what we are: TITLE-LESS in the premier league era. No excuses.

Until we have a few.............we just LOST to Everton. Again. Title out of reach. Like last year, and the one before.

Hate to see our fans apologize for this BS. We have won Jack-crap in 30 years. We're not going for style points anymore. GO WIN A TITLE....and spare me excuses.

Return to The General Soccer Board