Official Chelsea FC Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#1441 » by HIF » Fri Sep 1, 2017 7:02 am

Drinkwater, Kanté, Hazard that's a title winning midfield.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Riko
Rookie
And1: 686

Post#1442 » by Riko » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:16 pm

Is Abramovich become stingy?
Every other team in the league is improving (apart Arsenal) while Chelsea keep losing talent or sign average players....
HIF
RealGM

Post#1443 » by HIF » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:19 am

There is no way they will ever play Carrol or Crouch - I find it hard to believe these rumours are real - unless the signings are simply to get their quota of English players in the squad.

TwolvesFanRome
Bench Warmer
And1: 570

Post#1444 » by TwolvesFanRome » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:16 pm

Chelsea is buying Dzeko and Palmieri from As Roma...with my great happiness!!! :lol:
"...I want to compliment him, we all expected that he would take up the game, we have prepared the plan race on him, we have doubled. And, as usual, he did what he wanted..."

Zelimir Obradovic, talking about Dejan Bodiroga
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,621

Post#1445 » by fatlever » Tue Feb 6, 2018 10:26 pm

fatlever wrote: Frankly, I'm not convinced Bakayoko is actually better than Chalobah.

sigh
Riko
Rookie

Post#1446 » by Riko » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:40 am

Chelsea is becoming a middle tier club once again. Their last two seasons transfer window were awful and this one doesn't seem any different.
Conte, in his first season, pulls a miracle winning the league with 13 players (starting XI plus William and Cesc). Last year the board weakened the team by selling Matic, Costa and buying only average/mediocre players (Rudiger, Palmieri, Giroud, Barkley, Drinkwater, Bakayoko) plus Morata (who, unfortunatly, did not perform well).
Sarri is a good coach but he needs a long summer preparation for create his team: he still isn't the official manager and he the squad is everything but done (and there are a lot of rumors about Chelsea's star Hazard, Courtois and Kante).

Or Abrahamovic starts again to splash cash on the team or he totally change the board and hires someone competent.
Gnik
Junior
And1: 359

Post#1447 » by Gnik » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:09 pm

Doing very well and really promising for a club on path to becoming a middle tier club once again
HIF
RealGM

Post#1448 » by HIF » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:29 am

Gnik wrote:Doing very well and really promising for a club on path to becoming a middle tier club once again

What? :-?

Gnik
Junior
And1: 359

Post#1449 » by Gnik » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:48 pm

HIF wrote:
Gnik wrote:Doing very well and really promising for a club on path to becoming a middle tier club once again

Guy above said the club is becoming mid tier again. Really now, that's not ever going to happen for the foreseeable future with the brand Chelsea has built over the past decade. :roll:
Riko
Rookie

Post#1450 » by Riko » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:32 pm

Gnik wrote:
HIF wrote:

Guy above said the club is becoming mid tier again. Really now, that's not ever going to happen for the foreseeable future with the brand Chelsea has built over the past decade. :roll:

The problem is not the brand, the problem is the board which keep s***ing everything since 2013 (besides the coach's choice, because Mou-Conte-Saarri are great choices). There are just 4 spot for CL every year and once you lose the train you need 5 years to pick up again (Pool' example). Sarri is a great coach but there are BIG red flags:
1) Chelsea's roster both for now and the future.
2) Do You really think Hazard will stay after this season with only one year left on his contract?
3) Chelsea policy for the player around 30' yo
4) Chelsea loan policy
5) Overspending in average player (Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Zappacosta, Rudiger) and give them big contracts
6) Too power in an football incompetent (Marina Granovskaia).
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#1451 » by danfantastk32 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:13 am

Drinkwater....heh.

There's a guy named Snodgrass in the EPL. God I love England.
bargnanimvp
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,362

Post#1452 » by bargnanimvp » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:16 am

danfantastk32 wrote:Drinkwater....heh.

there's a guy named Quincy Poindexter and Rudy Gay in the NBA.
HIF
RealGM

Post#1453 » by HIF » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:29 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:Drinkwater....heh.

Drinkwater is a good player who was royally shafted by Sarri - not financially. He plays in a 2 man midfield alongside Kanté and he'd be good for Chelsea but instead Kanté is played out of position and Drinkwater has no position.

I'm sure Lampard will look at things with a new eye and see sense.

Having said that Chelsea has a wealth of good young midfield talent which Sarri didn't use to it's best effect, they 'll be fine this season.

btw I'm not saying Sarri was a bad manager he isn't he's very good, just not flexible enough for the EPL. And Drinkwater cost so much because he's a good player but also because Chelsea needed English players to fill out their quota. Perhaps they should either look to their academy or rethink their foreign player transfer policy in future.

Baski
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,950

Post#1454 » by Baski » Fri Aug 9, 2019 1:33 pm

Anyone else miss the good old days when Chelsea had a great defense?
HIF
RealGM

Post#1455 » by HIF » Fri Aug 9, 2019 6:10 pm

Baski wrote:Anyone else miss the good old days when Chelsea had a great defense?

You have Kanté. Who needs anyone else?

Baski
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,950

Post#1456 » by Baski » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:05 am

HIF wrote:
Baski wrote:Anyone else miss the good old days when Chelsea had a great defense?

You have Kanté. Who needs anyone else?

Kante can only do so much though. I love that guy so much man. Never thought I'd see someone as good as Essien and Makelele at those same positions play for us again, especially after those Luiz-at-midfield experiment years. Nobody works that hard. I hated how Kante was used last season. It really marginalized his game and forced him to overexert himself. With Kante you can dominate the midfield easily.
The defense is a different matter altogether. I miss the days of the Terry-Carvalho-Ivanovic-Cole backline with Ferreira and Belleti for support when a clean sheet was business as usual for us. Heck I'd even settle for 2012's more shameful "Park the bus" team.
Last season was so painful to watch Luiz and Azpi running around like headless chickens at the sight of an opposing striker.
Riko
Rookie

Post#1457 » by Riko » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:41 pm

Maybe this transfer ban is exactly what Chelsea needs, finally their youngster (Pantic, Kenedy, RLC, CHO, Abraham) have playing time to develop.
Still I was totally right: Hazard left, oversized roster (from returning young players loan and players not on Chelsea's level like Drinkwater, Zappacosta, Bakayoko - maybe Jorginho - who everyone avoid because of their huge salary) and a lot of gaps in various spot... Just hope Frank can continued the tradition of great coach but, if they don't get rid of Marina...
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,792

Post#1458 » by UcanUwill » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:50 pm

To be a fashion critic for a moment, why does Chelsea jerseys has that pattern but not the shorts? It just looks dumb, but whatever, go on. Rashford just socred a penalty, 0-1.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#1459 » by celticfan42487 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:27 pm

I'm a bit disappointed Pulsic couldn't make it into the starting XI. Rotations can still happen in a crowded schedule but I don't think that speaks highly of him.
bargnanimvp
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,362

Post#1460 » by bargnanimvp » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:20 pm

celticfan42487 wrote:I'm a bit disappointed Pulsic couldn't make it into the starting XI. Rotations can still happen in a crowded schedule but I don't think that speaks highly of him.

I'm not surprised, he's been a bit over rated by all the American fans and the German press and fans weren't sure why people were acting like he'd replace Hazard. I think he'll work his way into the starting XI though.

Return to The General Soccer Board