General Manager
And1: 7,689

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#1621 » by stormi » Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:19 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

He's ready to be a player next season. Eliminate Lukaku and let Havertz and Broja rotate up top.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1622 » by stormi » Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:36 pm

Also, in terms of transfer news. I guess Kounde is like all but happening? Not sure, we've heard these rumblings from Fabrizio for two years now.

I really don't want Declan Rice. He just has no ball retention and is another road runner like Lukaku with little technical ability. Tchouameni is slightly better. The ideal player to bring in would be Frenkie De Jong or Maxence Caqueret.

In terms of forwards I think Lukaku and Werner are our two weakest links. Ziyech has really grown on me. Baller. Pulisic can play and creates chances when he's on the field, but if he wants to depart he can do so.

Kovacic has been POTS.

Defensively losing Rudiger or Christensen would be crippling. I guess Christensen is to be replaced by Kounde or De Ligt, but he's a brilliant brilliant footballer, that is calm under pressure, can pass out from the back and is an arial presence.

Just going to let this show ride out, but it's so evident Chelsea are suffering from the absence of a DOF.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1623 » by HIF » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:26 pm

stormi wrote:Armando Broja could be pretty good?

Seen him a few times and he's played well.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#1624 » by The_Brecht » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:09 pm

stormi wrote:Also, in terms of transfer news. I guess Kounde is like all but happening? Not sure, we've heard these rumblings from Fabrizio for two years now.

I really don't want Declan Rice. He just has no ball retention and is another road runner like Lukaku with little technical ability. Tchouameni is slightly better. The ideal player to bring in would be Frenkie De Jong or Maxence Caqueret.

In terms of forwards I think Lukaku and Werner are our two weakest links. Ziyech has really grown on me. Baller. Pulisic can play and creates chances when he's on the field, but if he wants to depart he can do so.

Kovacic has been POTS.

Defensively losing Rudiger or Christensen would be crippling. I guess Christensen is to be replaced by Kounde or De Ligt, but he's a brilliant brilliant footballer, that is calm under pressure, can pass out from the back and is an arial presence.

Just going to let this show ride out, but it's so evident Chelsea are suffering from the absence of a DOF.

I really don't understand why Tuchel isn't playing his best squad in function of his best players.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1625 » by stormi » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:16 pm

The_Brecht wrote:
stormi wrote:Also, in terms of transfer news. I guess Kounde is like all but happening? Not sure, we've heard these rumblings from Fabrizio for two years now.

Kovacic has been POTS.

I really don't understand why Tuchel isn't playing his best squad in function of his best players.

I feel like he generally has, besides Lukaku who's essentially a nailed on starter considering he was a record breaking signing.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1626 » by stormi » Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:44 pm

Romelu Lukaku is not premier league quality.
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#1627 » by The_Brecht » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:52 am

stormi wrote:Romelu Lukaku is not premier league quality.

Don't understand why they bought him if you have a manager who refuses to play to his strengths.
It's not only Lukaku by the way. Tuchel has his system whoever the players are.

That's why he leaves every club on bad terms.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
HIF
RealGM

Post#1628 » by HIF » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:56 am

The_Brecht wrote:
stormi wrote:Romelu Lukaku is not premier league quality.

Don't understand why they bought him if you have a manager who refuses to play to his strengths.
It's not only Lukaku by the way. Tuchel has his system whoever the players are.

That's why he leaves every club on bad terms.

Clearly correct.

Lukaku is a scoring machine for Belgium.

stormi
General Manager

Post#1629 » by stormi » Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:28 am

Pulisic and Havertz balling without Mount and Lukaku. Interesting.

I still think Havertz (as the 9) + Pulisic/Ziyech and an elite creator are the makings of a top tier front line.

Mount, Lukaku, Werner are our three least talented attackers.

Also pay Christensen anything he asks for. Bar Marquinhos, there is no other defender that's dropping consistent classics at CCB and RCB the way he is.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1630 » by stormi » Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:34 am

Apparently Chelsea have been scouting Kilman. He looks like an incredible talent...

Read on Twitter

Still not sure why we're in the process of trying to revamp the statistical best defense in Europe over the past calendar year.

Kilman looks dope, but at the expense of Christensen and Rudiger... I can't cosign.
SgtPepper
Junior
And1: 145

Post#1631 » by SgtPepper » Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:20 pm

There was always risk because Abramovich/Chelsea strikers tend to be bought in high risk and overpriced conditions. That's why most bust despite excellent form elsewhere.

Lukaku's played for 4 EPL teams so there's very few more PL level players out there. I've had similar doubts about him as stormi in terms of system fit as Lukaku's never been about vertical passing and Tuchel's is about that and change of direction with the brunt of key decisions and mismatches made by the midfield. I've always though Lukaku and Morata are similar (non-elite) level strikers who have been very successful in the transfer market due to being near peak age and the general lack of quality in the European striker market currently. Vlahovic got bought after 6 months of good form for example. Lukaku's had the best form at Everton / Inter / Belgium in the same shape, but those were more possession oriented attacking systems which needed less of him as a holistic footballer. Also important to note that most of the Belgium games have been against teams with much inferior talent, with the exception of the last 2 of the Euros. That Belgium side is worse than this Chelsea, and has been burned for being less balanced.
HIF
RealGM

Post#1632 » by HIF » Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:07 am

Chelsea should have all their revenue suspended and given to Ukraine. ;-)

Mamba81p
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,204

Post#1633 » by Mamba81p » Sun Mar 6, 2022 5:17 pm

disgraceful behavior by Chelsea fans yesterday
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,451

Post#1634 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Mar 7, 2022 8:16 pm

Read on Twitter

Not great news if you're a Chelsea supporter.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer
And1: 858

Post#1635 » by LDNMagic90 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:05 am

Chelsea have been hit hard with sanctions. I'm sure Roman's lawyers will appeal the sanctions for Chelsea, but It's not looking good. He can't sell now without the UK government overseeing it (it's ironic because the Government have accepted billions of pounds from Oligarchs). Three are reviewing their sponsorship with them and that deal is worth 40 mill a season I believe
HIF
RealGM

Post#1636 » by HIF » Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:27 am

LDNMagic90 wrote:Chelsea have been hit hard with sanctions. I'm sure Roman's lawyers will appeal the sanctions for Chelsea, but It's not looking good. He can't sell now without the UK government overseeing it (it's ironic because the Government have accepted billions of pounds from Oligarchs). Three are reviewing their sponsorship with them and that deal is worth 40 mill a season I believe

Chelsea can't buy or sell anyone anyway. The transfer window isn't open, it'll all be resolved long before then. Abramovich not being able to sell Chelsea makes no difference at all either

stormi
General Manager

Post#1637 » by stormi » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:40 am

Kai Havertz is #HIM
Odin Cook
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#1638 » by Odin Cook » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:04 pm

HIF
RealGM

Post#1639 » by HIF » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:15 am

HIF wrote:
stormi wrote:
Read on Twitter

Tammy sold. Feeling melancholic, but Tuchel just didn't rate him. (Tbf I didn't either)

Hope he thrives in Serie A and develops his all around game.

I think he's a good player and that's a good price. hopefully he'll thrive in Italy. I see Chelsea have a buyback clause which is a good move though I'm not sure that Abramovich would be able to accept he made an error. Man city could and should have bought back Iheanacho. Ideal forward for their team now, but they couldn't admit their error of selling him.

So I guess there's no buy back clause. £100m plus if anyone wants him. Told you he was good and you shouldn't have let him go. I wonder if this will be the spur for all those Chelsea youngsters to jump ship. Not playing at Chelsea can't be as good as playing somewhere else.

stormi
General Manager

Post#1640 » by stormi » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:16 pm

HIF wrote:
HIF wrote:
stormi wrote:
Read on Twitter

Tammy sold. Feeling melancholic, but Tuchel just didn't rate him. (Tbf I didn't either)

Hope he thrives in Serie A and develops his all around game.

I think he's a good player and that's a good price. hopefully he'll thrive in Italy. I see Chelsea have a buyback clause which is a good move though I'm not sure that Abramovich would be able to accept he made an error. Man city could and should have bought back Iheanacho. Ideal forward for their team now, but they couldn't admit their error of selling him.

So I guess there's no buy back clause. £100m plus if anyone wants him. Told you he was good and you shouldn't have let him go. I wonder if this will be the spur for all those Chelsea youngsters to jump ship. Not playing at Chelsea can't be as good as playing somewhere else.

His mid dude. Kai is here and a better 9. Broja if he stays also looks like a Diego Costa regen.

Stop trolling and worry about Lester

Return to The General Soccer Board