HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#1641 » by HIF » Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:10 pm

stormi wrote:
HIF wrote:
HIF wrote:
I think he's a good player and that's a good price. hopefully he'll thrive in Italy. I see Chelsea have a buyback clause which is a good move though I'm not sure that Abramovich would be able to accept he made an error. Man city could and should have bought back Iheanacho. Ideal forward for their team now, but they couldn't admit their error of selling him.

So I guess there's no buy back clause. £100m plus if anyone wants him. Told you he was good and you shouldn't have let him go. I wonder if this will be the spur for all those Chelsea youngsters to jump ship. Not playing at Chelsea can't be as good as playing somewhere else.

His mid dude. Kai is here and a better 9. Broja if he stays also looks like a Diego Costa regen.

Stop trolling and worry about Lester

He proved for both Chelsea and Roma that he's far better than Kai, but it's the point that all your youth could go walkies in the summer that I find far more entertaining :lol:
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,687

Post#1642 » by stormi » Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:26 pm

HIF wrote:
stormi wrote:
HIF wrote:
So I guess there's no buy back clause. £100m plus if anyone wants him. Told you he was good and you shouldn't have let him go. I wonder if this will be the spur for all those Chelsea youngsters to jump ship. Not playing at Chelsea can't be as good as playing somewhere else.

His mid dude. Kai is here and a better 9. Broja if he stays also looks like a Diego Costa regen.

He proved for both Chelsea and Roma that he's far better than Kai, but it's the point that all your youth could go walkies in the summer that I find far more entertaining :lol:

Tammy is on the same tier with Daka and senile decrepit ass Vardy.

None of the 3 are chatting to Kai Havertz who should win POTM and GOTM and is on another level in terms of form rn.

Generational talent.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1643 » by stormi » Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:33 pm

Anyways, I'd like to see Pulisic, Ziyech and Havertz stay in terms of attackers. Sell Lukaku and Werner and bring in Broja and buy a winger.

Not sure how to deal with this convoluted midfield. Kovacic has been our POTS so far along with Thiago Silva who's been rolling back the clock.

Gallagher has been great for Palace, maybe a future Kante replacement. Gilmour is still around at Norwich and probably does deserve to come back. RLC has been fine playing squad minutes. I like him in that role actually as a big body that can come in and retain the ball and dribble.

I'd take Pogba on a free this summer i can't lie.

On defense, Christensen has a deal with Barcelona and apparently Rudiger has a deal with Juventus (not sure about this one).

Read on Twitter

Need this two back at Cobham desperately. Reece James is our future captain and baller. Silva is like 85 years old, but still kicking. Not sure about our defenders beyond that.

Sarr has been fine as a squad player. Chalobah too, but has been getting spun recently. Maybe Kounde still comes, but I wonder if players will reconsider signing for Chelsea with this Roman thing going on. Also with his departure it seems like a lot of his board with depart with him, so new scouts, maybe a new DOF. New targets.

We'll see...
stormi
General Manager

Post#1644 » by stormi » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:16 pm

This linkup. Wow.
HIF
RealGM

Post#1645 » by HIF » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:10 pm

stormi wrote:
HIF wrote:
stormi wrote:

Tammy is on the same tier with Daka and senile decrepit ass Vardy.

None of the 3 are chatting to Kai Havertz who should win POTM and GOTM and is on another level in terms of form rn.

Generational talent.

:lol:

SgtPepper
Junior
And1: 145

Post#1646 » by SgtPepper » Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:03 am

Borja probably isn't as good as Lukaku, and in general I don't want to see Chelsea sign 'forwards' from Serie A. Lukaku shouldn't have even happened considering Higuain's bust loan. I can't name a serie A star forward who has matched or exceeded their in league standard after moving since Salah. That league has a few bright patches in midfield and fullback, but most of the other positions are dry.
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer
And1: 858

Post#1647 » by LDNMagic90 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:14 pm

Abramovich supposedly has been poisoned
stormi
General Manager

Post#1648 » by stormi » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:43 pm

SgtPepper wrote:Borja probably isn't as good as Lukaku, and in general I don't want to see Chelsea sign 'forwards' from Serie A. Lukaku shouldn't have even happened considering Higuain's bust loan. I can't name a serie A star forward who has matched or exceeded their in league standard after moving since Salah. That league has a few bright patches in midfield and fullback, but most of the other positions are dry.

"Good" is arbitrary. Broja fits the system we play a lot more than the Belgian Treetrunk based on the fact that he can press and wreck havoc with his movement alone. The team won the Champions League last season playing Werner who isn't as "good" as Lukaku, but fit Tuchel's system to a T.

The ideal set-up would be to have a playmaking winger beside Kai who's already becoming one of the best at making runs in behind and is composed in front of goal and in the air.
HIF
RealGM

Post#1649 » by HIF » Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:16 am

stormi wrote:
SgtPepper wrote:Borja probably isn't as good as Lukaku, and in general I don't want to see Chelsea sign 'forwards' from Serie A. Lukaku shouldn't have even happened considering Higuain's bust loan. I can't name a serie A star forward who has matched or exceeded their in league standard after moving since Salah. That league has a few bright patches in midfield and fullback, but most of the other positions are dry.

"Good" is arbitrary. Broja fits the system we play a lot more than the Belgian Treetrunk based on the fact that he can press and wreck havoc with his movement alone. The team won the Champions League last season playing Werner who isn't as "good" as Lukaku, but fit Tuchel's system to a T.

The ideal set-up would be to have a playmaking winger beside Kai who's already becoming one of the best at making runs in behind and is composed in front of goal and in the air.

lost the FA Cup to little Leicester though. Chelsea badly need to win the CL again otherwise this season is a failure for a team who has spent so much money.

stormi
General Manager

Post#1650 » by stormi » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:10 pm

HIF wrote:
stormi wrote:

lost the FA Cup to little Leicester though. Chelsea badly need to win the CL again.

Leicester lol.

stormi
General Manager

Post#1651 » by stormi » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:10 pm

We'll take Fofana this summer
HIF
RealGM

Post#1652 » by HIF » Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:50 pm

HIF
RealGM

Post#1653 » by HIF » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:04 am

Told you Werner was a dud. Now he wants out and Chelsea think they can get £40m. They'll be lucky to get £20m

SgtPepper
Junior
And1: 145

Post#1654 » by SgtPepper » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:37 am

stormi wrote:

I look at the league understat profiles periodically, and this year Serie A profiles worse than Ligue 1 in terms of forward goal threat (they're the 5th best league in europe). Serie A is vastly overrated at the moment. Zlatan was having a revival in this league after an MLS stint.

Also Tuchel isn't some perfect coach just because he won the CL with Chelsea. Tammy fit Tuchel's Chelsea as a rotation player with some unique qualities more than Lukaku and potentially Borja Mayoral. His track record with signings, especially forwards like Choupo Moting, is pretty spotty. Tuchel is more famous for his tactical flexibility, and perhaps it is just smarter for the club to continue managing signings regardless of his views especially given how much of a Lukaku proponent he was. Replacing Tammy with ultimately Borja is definitely a step backwards, and the premise you identified just suggests they should continue playing Werner. Anyways for the moment this is FM banter as Chelsea might get transfer banned again, and that may once again be for the best because it gives time for player development and integration.

One long-term thing to consider is that Tuchel's system will likely have to change due to the centerback contract situation, and because it directly caps the kind of goalscoring the team can participate in. If you compare this Chelsea vs continental rivals, in a 1 or 2-off Chelsea still has all the resources to keep things tight and win tactically, but it's not a free flowing creative side like most of the classic 433 teams.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1655 » by stormi » Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:55 pm

SgtPepper wrote:
stormi wrote:

I look at the league understat profiles periodically, and this year Serie A profiles worse than Ligue 1 in terms of forward goal threat (they're the 5th best league in europe). Serie A is vastly overrated at the moment. Zlatan was having a revival in this league after an MLS stint.

Also Tuchel isn't some perfect coach just because he won the CL with Chelsea. Tammy fit Tuchel's Chelsea as a rotation player with some unique qualities more than Lukaku and potentially Borja Mayoral. His track record with signings, especially forwards like Choupo Moting, is pretty spotty. Tuchel is more famous for his tactical flexibility, and perhaps it is just smarter for the club to continue managing signings regardless of his views especially given how much of a Lukaku proponent he was. Replacing Tammy with ultimately Borja is definitely a step backwards, and the premise you identified just suggests they should continue playing Werner. Anyways for the moment this is FM banter as Chelsea might get transfer banned again, and that may once again be for the best because it gives time for player development and integration.

One long-term thing to consider is that Tuchel's system will likely have to change due to the centerback contract situation, and because it directly caps the kind of goalscoring the team can participate in. If you compare this Chelsea vs continental rivals, in a 1 or 2-off Chelsea still has all the resources to keep things tight and win tactically, but it's not a free flowing creative side like most of the classic 433 teams.

Tammy is ****.

Lukaku was a board signing. Tuchel asked for Weigl, Hakimi and Kounde.

I'm sure you saw plenty of creativity RM fan last year (without Kaka or Tammy in the lineup)

Read on Twitter

We should have battered RM for a lot more than just the 3 aggregate goals that were put up on the board, and Havertz and Pulisic were running into pockets of open space for days.
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#1656 » by LDNMagic90 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:53 pm

stormi wrote:
SgtPepper wrote:
stormi wrote:

Tammy is ****.

I'm sure you saw plenty of creativity RM fan last year (without Kaka or Tammy in the lineup)

Read on Twitter

We should have battered RM for a lot more than just the 3 aggregate goals that were put up on the board, and Havertz and Pulisic were running into pockets of open space for days.

I think you are underselling Tammy. He is not s*** and its quite far off the mark, he's realistically had 2 'bad' seasons as a striker. I personally don't see Broja being a better striker as of now than Tammy is.

His last stint with Chelsea was not great, but you have to consider certain factors as to why it went bad for him. Everywhere else Tammy has played well, I do have a feeling he'll be back in the prem and he'll be firing again.

Look the Serie A is not that great of a league, it's pretty much been that way for the last few seasons. However as a Villa fan I know what Tammy is capable of, I'm certain if we signed him instead of Ings in the summer he'd be firing for us as well.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1657 » by stormi » Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:04 pm

LDNMagic90 wrote:
stormi wrote:
SgtPepper wrote:I look at the league understat profiles periodically, and this year Serie A profiles worse than Ligue 1 in terms of forward goal threat (they're the 5th best league in europe). Serie A is vastly overrated at the moment. Zlatan was having a revival in this league after an MLS stint.

Tammy is ****.

Read on Twitter

I think you are underselling Tammy. He is not s*** and its quite far off the mark, he's realistically had 2 'bad' seasons as a striker. I personally don't see Broja being a better striker as of now than Tammy is.

His last stint with Chelsea was not great, but you have to consider certain factors as to why it went bad for him. Everywhere else Tammy has played well, I do have a feeling he'll be back in the prem and he'll be firing again.

Look the Serie A is not that great of a league, it's pretty much been that way for the last few seasons. However as a Villa fan I know what Tammy is capable of, I'm certain if we signed him instead of Ings in the summer he'd be firing for us as well.

I don't necessarily rate Broja either. He's just another kid with potential. Tammy showed out sort of well here, better under Lampard two seasons ago. The year Lampard got fired, Tammy was not playing good ball. Inconsistent touch, no arial presence, no real link-up play. And then Tuchel came in and everyone got a fresh start. Rudiger went from out of the team to a top 3 CB in world football. Jorginho and Kovacic got back in favor and contributed massively to the run we went on last season.

Tammy was given another run of games, and we still continued to be shambolic up front. It got to the point where he wasn't just getting benched, he was completely being left off the team because he was so inconsistent it was becoming a liability. Even last season where Chelsea were running a musical chairs group of attackers up front, Tammy couldn't even find his way onto the bench.

Now that doesn't mean that Tuchel has some flawless and unquestionable talent ID, but it matches what I was seeing on the pitch. Tammy wasn't the type and caliber of player we needed to take our game to the next level.

AND EVEN AFTER ALL OF THAT, he was still better than Lukaku has been for Chels.

I think the over importance of trying to find a true 9 is totally missing the mark. City have been searching for one for years and have had zero issue battering the prem up and down for years.

I think Havertz can be the 9 on a league winning team because of his pressing, arial presence, link-up and running in behind ability. The team just needs to City it up and get some playmakers with elite ball retention and progression through carrying like a Foden/Bernardo/Mahrez.
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#1658 » by LDNMagic90 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:19 pm

stormi wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:
stormi wrote:
Tammy is ****.

Read on Twitter

I don't necessarily rate Broja either. He's just another kid with potential. Tammy showed out sort of well here, better under Lampard two seasons ago. The year Lampard got fired, Tammy was not playing good ball. Inconsistent touch, no arial presence, no real link-up play. And then Tuchel came in and everyone got a fresh start. Rudiger went from out of the team to a top 3 CB in world football. Jorginho and Kovacic got back in favor and contributed massively to the run we went on last season.

Tammy was given another run of games, and we still continued to be shambolic up front. It got to the point where he wasn't just getting benched, he was completely being left off the team because he was so inconsistent it was becoming a liability. Even last season where Chelsea were running a musical chairs group of attackers up front, Tammy couldn't even find his way onto the bench.

Now that doesn't mean that Tuchel has some flawless and unquestionable talent ID, but it matches what I was seeing on the pitch. Tammy wasn't the type and caliber of player we needed to take our game to the next level.

AND EVEN AFTER ALL OF THAT, he was still better than Lukaku has been for Chels.

I think the over importance of trying to find a true 9 is totally missing the mark. City have been searching for one for years and have zero issue battering the prem up and down for years.

I think Havertz can be the 9 on a league winning team because of his pressing, arial presence, link-up and running in behind ability. The team just needs to City it up and get some playmakers with elite ball retention and progression through carrying like a Foden/Bernardo/Mahrez.

I hear you bro, I always hated the move for both Chelsea and Lukaku i just didn't think Tuchel will play to his strengths and it was the wrong move. Almost like an emotion based decision from both parties maybe?

I highlighted the bold part because i do agree, I'm not sure if its the crop of strikers emerging are not that exciting outside of Mbappe and Haaland. The tier below them is a bit underwhelming in my opinion, but the way football is these days you can get by without having a true number 9.

I've always said when we was selling Grealish, United or Chelsea was the perfect team for him to play in. He would've thrived on the wings for you guys, whereas under Pep he was never going to play the same because of his playstyle. Once you guys finalize your takeover and all the embargos are lifted I can see you guys having a big summer, boosting your attacking options.
HIF
RealGM

Post#1659 » by HIF » Sat Apr 2, 2022 4:26 pm

Won't see Stormi this week ;-)

HIF
RealGM