Official Chelsea FC Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#201 » by 5DOM » Sun Feb 3, 2013 7:57 pm

Chalobah wins FA Youth Player of the Year!
lukekarts
Head Coach
And1: 335

Post#202 » by lukekarts » Sun Feb 3, 2013 8:32 pm

5DOM wrote:Chalobah wins FA Youth Player of the Year!

http://www.thefa.com/News/2013/feb/mens ... 30213.aspx

Good news. I want him starting for us next year. He's been playing in midfield for Watford... maybe he's the solution to our defensive midfielder issues?

Though originally he was a central defender...
There is no consolation prize. Winning is everything.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#203 » by 5DOM » Fri Feb 8, 2013 9:49 pm

Second time I've seen Chalobah play for Watford, and he was impressive again until Watford started collapsing. Can't believe he only turned 18 just a couple of months ago. United's Zaha looked good for Palace too.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#204 » by 5DOM » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:29 pm

Watching NextGen game against Barca. Boga's easily the most skilled player on the pitch, but Barca right winger looks very promising. He's lightning quick
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#205 » by 5DOM » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:48 pm

Greatly enjoyed that. Beating Barca at their home with 10 men is always nice 8-)

Boga's AWESOME. 16 year old schoolboy ran the show

Update: Full replay of the game + comments from the Spanish media http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/fea ... um=twitter
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,618

Post#206 » by fatlever » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:10 pm

its going to be very interesting to see what chelsea does with all the promising youth over the next 5 years or so. im sure you guys saw the piece on weaintgotnohistory last month where they ranked the top 10 youth prospects - guys on loan, reserves team, youth team

they had the prospects ranked as:
1. courtois
2. de brunye
3. lukaku
4. chalobah
5. mceacharan
6. kalas
7. piazon
8. van aanholt
9 kakuta
10. ake
hm: thor hazard, bruma

thinking if this list was done after ACN that omeruo would make the top 10

(obviously this list is geared towards the more immediate future)

where do the guys like kane, feruz and boga fit for the future?

how many from that top 10 list make regular 1st team appearances next year for us? lukaku, de bruyne?

and who from current team goes to make room? marin, yossi, torres?

and who goes back on loan? chalobah to premier league side, piazon to premier league side, kalas, mceaharan to premier league side?

and gets sold? kakuta?
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#207 » by 5DOM » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:53 pm

Kane - Unfortunately, no future at the club with Azpi and Wallace recently purchased.
Feruz - I am not sure about him because he's so damn small.
Boga - Probably the player with most potential but he is 16

Lukaku, De Bruyne, Chalobah and Courtois are ready to contribute even right now IMO, but Chalobah and Courtois will most likely go back on loan next season.

Everyone in Netherlands seem to be doing well, so I see no reason to sell any of them right now.

I think we try to loan out everyone listed except Lukaku and De Bruyne and maybe sell Bruma to HSV.
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#208 » by J-Mezzy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:30 pm

I keep hearing that Atletico is pushing really hard to acquire Courtois for good. They are trying to work out either the finances to buy him or acquire him in a possible Falcao transfer. I don't see how they could buy him outright. He is an expensive asset and the club is heavily indebted. I think Chelsea will end up loaning him out for another season and see if Peter starts declining. If not, they wil probably have to sell him.

Lukaku is interesting. He is a valuable asset and he should definitely be on the team. The question is will Chelsea bring in a big name striker or take their chances with Lukaku/Ba/Torres. I for one think they should bring in either Cavanni or Falcao, get rid of Torres, and make Lukaku their second striker over Ba. I don't care if Ba doesn't like it, Lukaku is the future and a more important investment.

De Bruyne is another interesting player. I have been impressed with him, but the Chelsea midfield is already loaded. I guess you can always find him minutes with Lampard's likely departure and the amount of league/FA cup/League cup/and CL games Chelsea is expected to play every year.

I agree with 5DOM, looks to me like those 2 will be the only 2 players that they will be bringing in next season.
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#209 » by J-Mezzy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:13 pm

So assuming Chelsea signs a big name striker, who would you prefer to be the 2nd striker? Lukaku or Ba?
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#210 » by fatlever » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:54 pm

J-Mezzy wrote:So assuming Chelsea signs a big name striker, who would you prefer to be the 2nd striker? Lukaku or Ba?

are we also assuming torres is gone? :D

lukaku, since he provides something different, that big strong target who can hold up the ball. also time to see what we have with the guy.

but if we dont sign a big name guy, then have ba 1st and lukaku 2nd. either way, i think lukaku should be the #2 guy next year. i dont think he is ready to be #1 for us, but it would be crazy to bring him back to the team only to have him at #3. he would be trying to leave if that happened. and sending him on load again doesnt really make sense to me. might as well sell him if thats the case.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#211 » by fatlever » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:55 pm

today was so depressing. FSW cant leave fast enough. luiz needs to be back in midfield, ramires needs to be on the bench and mata needs some rest.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#212 » by fatlever » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:37 pm

i woke up this morning, ran to my phone to check my twitter feed so that i could read all the tweets from the chelsea writers about rafa getting sacked after his ridiculous rant yesterday. so yeah, im pretty disappointed. how does this guy still have a job? what is wrong with the RA and the board?

on a positive note, i thought ake had a solid game yesterday.
lukekarts
Head Coach
And1: 335

Post#213 » by lukekarts » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:19 pm

fatlever wrote:i woke up this morning, ran to my phone to check my twitter feed so that i could read all the tweets from the chelsea writers about rafa getting sacked after his ridiculous rant yesterday. so yeah, im pretty disappointed. how does this guy still have a job? what is wrong with the RA and the board?

on a positive note, i thought ake had a solid game yesterday.

No point in sacking him, there's nobody to come in and it'd just undermine the board even more.

He's gonna get boo'd so badly at the weekend though. Absolutely hammered.

I'm not proud as a Chelsea fan right now. I don't like Rafa but agree that we've got to at least get behind the team. There have been enough protests by fans at every game to make the message to the board perfectly clear.
There is no consolation prize. Winning is everything.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#214 » by Slava » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:32 pm

I know Roman doesn't do media interviews but does he talk to the season ticket holders at all? Pretty sure he should have known this won't end well right from the beginning but I wonder if he even gives a damn what the fans think.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,326

Post#215 » by MaliBrah » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:34 pm

If mourinho doesn't work out this summer who the hell is honestly going to come in? This chelsea job is toxic lol
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#216 » by Slava » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:14 pm

There's quite a bit of media coverage for Pellegrini, which actually makes sense since he's done well at Malaga and they are in an even worse ownership/economic situation than the unrest at Chelsea.
Boognish
RealGM
And1: 16,738

Post#217 » by Boognish » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:25 pm

afa's "sensational tirade" was fairly tame imo. He said fans should back the team, that he's an experience pro doing the best he can, and that he doesn't appreciate the interim tag. :dontknow:
Blank_Name
Banned User
And1: 5

Post#218 » by Blank_Name » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:27 pm

What are fans complaining about. This roster is obviously in transition. Good portion playing out of position too. Some too young like Oscar, some too old like Terry. 3rd place in league sounds about right

Sent from my SGH-T879 using Tapatalk 2
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#219 » by Slava » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:55 pm

They spent a fair bit over the summer and Abramovich suddenly thinks that adding that substantial investment to a squad that won the champions league beating 2 of the best European teams in the process should get him much better results than what he was right now.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#220 » by 5DOM » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:07 pm

Team's in transition, but we are dropping a lot of points to teams we should be comfortably beating. 3rd (or 4th) place in the league sounds good and all, but we are now nearly 20 points behind the leaders. We got knocked out by Corinthians and Swansea over two legs in two cup competitions and almost lost to a third division team in the FA Cup as well. There has been no improvement in performance, and I believe Benitez is now officially our worst manager by record since Roman took over. Considering we played the likes of Norsjaelland, Monterrey, Brentford, QPR, Southampton and Villa multiple times, that's beyond AWFUL.

Benitez knew what he was getting into, and I have no sympathy for him. He said he couldn't hear the boos on his first day, but now he can? He said he'll silence the boobirds by getting results, but that didn't happen. Now he's complaining about the interim tag? Maybe he should have stayed unemployed then.

If Benitez really wanted the boo's to stop, he should have started getting some W's like he said himself. That he cracked after a 2-0 win where there were 2000 dedicated supporters who travelled to Middlesborough with only a 10 day notice is even more hilarious.

SlavaMedvedenko wrote:They spent a fair bit over the summer and Abramovich suddenly thinks that adding that substantial investment to a squad that won the champions league beating 2 of the best European teams in the process should get him much better results than what he was right now.

Not sure where you got that idea, cause Roman's still backing Benitez despite him being the worst manager since the takeover. If he really thought we should be getting better results, he would have sacked Benitez after we lost to QPR.

Return to The General Soccer Board