nmabdi28 wrote:hazard signing with chelsea

So, so happy right now.
HALA MADRID || GO LEAFS GO || LET'S GO RAPTORS
MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#42 » by MaliBrah » Mon May 28, 2012 8:06 pm

Can't be happy as an arsenal fan but i'm glad this whole thing is all over with. Great addition to the EPL and great addition to chelsea

Stuart Holden ‏@stuholden
"Breaking News: Eden Hazard caught up in long discussions with Lebron James about possible late move to Miami Heat"

ahahahhaa
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant
And1: 548

Post#43 » by Man of Steel » Mon May 28, 2012 8:29 pm

nmabdi28 wrote:
Stuart Holden ‏@stuholden
"Breaking News: Eden Hazard caught up in long discussions with Lebron James about possible late move to Miami Heat"

ahahahhaa

:rofl: he certainly took his time with it. The media just loves stories like these.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#44 » by 5DOM » Mon May 28, 2012 10:09 pm

GK: Cech, Courtois, Turnbull, Hilario
LB: Cole, Bertrand, PVA
CB: Terry, Luiz, Cahill, Hutchinson, Chalobah, Bruma, Kalas
RB: Ivanovic, Bosingwa, Ferreira, Kane
CM/DM: Lampard, Mikel, Meireles, Essien, Romeu, McEachran, De Bruyne
Wingers: Ramires, Marin, Malouda, Piazon
Free role: Mata, Hazard, Benayoun, Kakuta
Strikers: Torres, Sturridge, Lukaku, Bamford

Some have already been loaned out and others will follow the suit in next couple of months, but I like the depth and wouldn't mind it if there aren't any further signings. Where Ramires plays and what happens to Bosingwa/Ferreira will be very interesting - we might sign Hulk and/or VDW.

Now the big question is who's going to manage this squad
Batu7
Starter
And1: 248

Post#45 » by Batu7 » Mon May 28, 2012 11:52 pm

kdawg32086 wrote:If Chelsea somehow gets Hazard, Falcao, and Hulk... :o

That would cost at least 120 million Euros.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."

- Vince Lombardi
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,200

Post#46 » by J-Mezzy » Tue May 29, 2012 12:26 am

Batu7 wrote:
kdawg32086 wrote:If Chelsea somehow gets Hazard, Falcao, and Hulk... :o

That would cost at least 120 million Euros.

Hey Madrid got Ronaldo for 90 mill, Kaka for 60 mill, and Benzema (I don't remember for how much). It can be done. Get it done Chelsea
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
mjba
Analyst
And1: 121

Post#47 » by mjba » Tue May 29, 2012 2:00 am

Eden Hazard has failed his physical at Chelsea, he couldn't fit his head through the door.

great signing. bang bang
MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#48 » by MaliBrah » Tue May 29, 2012 5:11 am

mjba wrote:Eden Hazard has failed his physical at Chelsea, he couldn't fit his head through the door.

great signing. bang bang

heard the same joke but with swollen ego , and heard a bunch of john terry wife/girlfriend jokes ahah
lukekarts
Head Coach
And1: 335

Post#49 » by lukekarts » Tue May 29, 2012 8:27 am

The good news is the exchange rate has improved quite considerably since our last spending spree in mainland Europe - from €1.14 : £1.00 to €1.25 : £1.00. It's still a long way from where it used to be but at least it is helping us a little bit.
There is no consolation prize. Winning is everything.
mjba
Analyst

Post#50 » by mjba » Sat Jun 2, 2012 3:32 pm

a bunch of our guys are kicking off in 45 minutes. England v Belgium
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#51 » by 5DOM » Mon Jun 4, 2012 3:52 pm

Luis Fernandez ‏@Luis_RMC
@hazardeden10 on #RMC : "At 21 #Real or #Barça would have been more difficult for me…1/2" #RMCsport #Chelsea #Hazard

@hazardeden10 on #RMC : "…If I play well enough at #Chelsea I could win my place in the starting team. 2/2" #RMCsport #Chelsea #Hazard

Sounds like he might bolt at first chance

Anyway, club finally confirms Hazard deal
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 28,754

Post#52 » by Double Helix » Mon Jun 4, 2012 4:19 pm

5DOM wrote:
@hazardeden10 on #RMC : "At 21 #Real or #Barça would have been more difficult for me…1/2" #RMCsport #Chelsea #Hazard

@hazardeden10 on #RMC : "…If I play well enough at #Chelsea I could win my place in the starting team. 2/2" #RMCsport #Chelsea #Hazard

Sounds like he might bolt at first chance.

I know that most football fans and players have been brought up believing that La Liga is the only real league for soccer greats and that playing on Barca or Real Madrid is the most fun it gets and that's probably true in a lot of ways but it certainly seems like Roman sees things differently and wants to truly compete with the best that the world has to offer by turning Chelsea into a team consistently capable of beating either of those teams with quality players.

If Roman keeps building the way he has been the past couple years (Mata, Torres, Hulk, Hazard) and Chelsea can compete with Barca and Real Madrid in future champions league games with a style of play that's fun and effective... is there any chance we could keep Hazard long-term?

Would playing in SPAIN mean that much more? Would they offer up that much more than what Roman would be willing to pay? I'm just curious... I still don't fully comprehend the differences between leagues in terms of money and influence. I've really only followed premier league.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by 5DOM » Mon Jun 4, 2012 4:31 pm

Real and Barca will always be the two most prestigious clubs, but I agree that if we can keep challenging for the CL, player would stay. Of course the money helps too.

Also speaking of Roman and his intentions, he said in one of very few interviews that his dream was to buy Real Madrid but it isn't something that's for sale.
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by Double Helix » Mon Jun 4, 2012 4:35 pm

5DOM wrote:Real and Barca will always be the two most prestigious clubs, but I agree that if we can keep challenging for the CL, player would stay. Of course the money helps too.

Also speaking of Roman and his intentions, he said in one of very few interviews that his dream was to buy Real Madrid but it isn't something that's for sale.

If you can't buy them... beat them. ;)
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant
And1: 548

Post#55 » by Man of Steel » Mon Jun 4, 2012 8:07 pm

Not sure he'll leave Chelsea. Big fan of both RM and CFC (RM takes preference here) but looking at it from Hazard's perspective, he's now playing for a club with a rich history (not perhaps as illustrious as RM but still impressive) in the Premier League (most competitive). Not to mention staying in London has its perks. Wages will be similar with an owner like Abramovich. More playing time on Chelsea right now than RM, where he would have a lot more proving to do before he gets the start, as we've seen with other players of high quality.

One of the many reasons why Hazard was keen on Real Madrid was that news got out that Zidane had strongly recommended that Mourinho sign him. Whilst Zidane is a celebrated figure at the club, he recently stated in an interview that he wants to coach sooner or later, so he might not be with the club much longer. While Mourinho is no idiot when it comes to scouting talent, he has stated again and again that his side has more than enough talent to get the job done, and he's been much more interested in defensive midfielders and defenders than strikers and wing forwards.

Having said that, when his contract is up in 2016 all bets are off for who ends up replacing him, and whether or not the replacement coach thinks Hazard is worth a bet.

Long-winded post but bottom line is I can't see Hazard leaving Chelsea for the next 5 years at least.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by 5DOM » Fri Jun 8, 2012 7:27 pm

http://www.belgofoot.be/?p=230

Another Belgian joins the club. Highly rated youngster

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rdBdShf4nk[/youtube]
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#57 » by Double Helix » Fri Jun 8, 2012 8:57 pm

I hate how close the Hulk rumors seemed weeks ago and still nothing. Reminds me of Modric all over again. Still super happy about Hazard though.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#58 » by 5DOM » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:46 pm

Talks of RDM accepting a one year offer. Good if true. He deserves it
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#59 » by ATL Boy » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:26 pm

Great Thread Chelsea is a fav team and their run this year was magic
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
mjba
Analyst

Post#60 » by mjba » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:34 pm

Double Helix wrote:I hate how close the Hulk rumors seemed weeks ago and still nothing. Reminds me of Modric all over again. Still super happy about Hazard though.

i think it's just the Euros

Return to The General Soccer Board