Official Team Canada Soccer Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,772

Re: Official Team Canada Soccer Thread 

Post#141 » by metafisical » Wed Jun 9, 2021 4:16 am

Just like I predicted -- Canada 4, Suriname 0. I knew they were going to win. Now time to dispatch Haiti in 4 and 7 days.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#142 » by HIF » Wed Jun 9, 2021 8:23 am

metafisical wrote:Just like I predicted -- Canada 4, Suriname 0. I knew they were going to win. Now time to dispatch Haiti in 4 and 7 days.

Are there enough players living on the island of Haiti to form a team?
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
metafisical
Lead Assistant

Post#143 » by metafisical » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:17 pm

HIF wrote:
metafisical wrote:Just like I predicted -- Canada 4, Suriname 0. I knew they were going to win. Now time to dispatch Haiti in 4 and 7 days.

No kidding.

Haiti is dangerous. They beat Canada in the 2019 Gold Cup -- a come from behind victory. However, I think Canada should prevail.

Man, El Salvador has such an easy path to the octagonal. They will definitely beat St. Kitts and Nevis. I wish Canada were in El Salvador's position. But then again, if Canada can't beat the likes of Haiti, what right do we have to be mentioned with the likes of Mexico and USA in CONCACAF?
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
Kenter16
Junior
And1: 91

Post#144 » by Kenter16 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:32 am

metafisical wrote:
HIF wrote:

No kidding.

Haiti is dangerous. They beat Canada in the 2019 Gold Cup -- a come from behind victory. However, I think Canada should prevail.

Man, El Salvador has such an easy path to the octagonal. They will definitely beat St. Kitts and Nevis. I wish Canada were in El Salvador's position. But then again, if Canada can't beat the likes of Haiti, what right do we have to be mentioned with the likes of Mexico and USA in CONCACAF?

Going into Haiti right now isn't going to be easy. It has rained for a week straight and the pitch will be like playing on a pond. Haiti is also a brutal place to be politically and pandemic wise. If we come out of there with a draw it will be a huge win.
Mattd97
Head Coach
And1: 2,490

Post#145 » by Mattd97 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:01 am

One down
vergogna wrote:- game starts at 3.50
- nice passing at 4.15
- BARGS REBOUND at 4.47
- BARGS REBOUND (almost) at 6.23
metafisical
Lead Assistant

Post#146 » by metafisical » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:01 am

2nd leg tomorrow. The pitch was horrible in Port au Prince. Much better one in Illinois. Canada win.
metafisical
Lead Assistant

Post#147 » by metafisical » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:12 am

Ocho
metafisical
Lead Assistant

Post#148 » by metafisical » Wed Sep 1, 2021 3:56 am

Canada Honduras. Sept. 2. At BMO Field. Should be good, or bad.

Go buy tickets, Torontonians. Living in Victoria, I cant go. But you should go and support the team. Or not.

Go Canada.
rafterman
Sophomore
And1: 296

Post#149 » by rafterman » Thu Sep 9, 2021 1:55 am

Great game tonight by Buchanan against El Salvador. Kid has touch and is tough as nails.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using RealGM mobile app
metafisical
Lead Assistant

Post#150 » by metafisical » Thu Sep 9, 2021 4:11 am

Finally a win. Next game will be tough against Mexico -- big test.
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,893

Post#151 » by fbalmeida » Thu Sep 9, 2021 10:50 am

LFG!
"The Raptors will be fine." - Masai Ujiri, March 26th, 2021
metafisical
Lead Assistant

Post#152 » by metafisical » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:18 am

3rd after 6 games. Next 2 home games in Edmonton vs. Costa Rica and Mexico will be the make or break games.
metafisical
Lead Assistant

Post#153 » by metafisical » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:45 pm

Canada v. Costa Rica on Nov. 12 in Edmonton. Gonna be pretty chilly. Costa Rica might be missing their goalkeeper due to something or rather.

I predict a win, loss or tie for Canada and/or Costa Rica.
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant

Post#154 » by fbalmeida » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:22 pm

metafisical wrote:Canada v. Costa Rica on Nov. 12 in Edmonton. Gonna be pretty chilly. Costa Rica might be missing their goalkeeper due to something or rather.

I can tell you the score of the game before it begins!

0-0
metafisical
Lead Assistant

Post#155 » by metafisical » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:59 am

fbalmeida wrote:
metafisical wrote:Canada v. Costa Rica on Nov. 12 in Edmonton. Gonna be pretty chilly. Costa Rica might be missing their goalkeeper due to something or rather.

I can tell you the score of the game before it begins!

0-0

That's an interesting point of view. I would like to take some time to discuss that with you. We could collaborate on a research paper to test that assumption.
metafisical
Lead Assistant

Post#156 » by metafisical » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:09 pm

Les Rouges v. El Tri. Tues Nov 16. Bad pitch, possible flurries, and minus temps. I love it.
metafisical
Lead Assistant

Post#157 » by metafisical » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:54 am

I predicted 2-1 Canada win in my previous post.

With this win, this should put us at #1 on FIFA ranking. If we are not, there must be some shady business going on with FIFA. Probably anti-Canadian bias.
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant

Post#158 » by fbalmeida » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:57 am

metafisical wrote:I predicted 2-1 Canada win in my previous post.

With this win, this should put us at #1 on FIFA ranking. If we are not, there must be some shady business going on with FIFA. Probably anti-Canadian bias.

They shall be exposed and it will be glorious.
metafisical
Lead Assistant

Post#159 » by metafisical » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:30 pm

No one posted about the best national football team in history and winner of the 2022 World Cup since November?

Anyway, Canada has some cute games against 3 victims in the coming weeks. Canada must win. Any Canadian losses will clearly be due to biased refereeing.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#160 » by HIF » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:25 am

metafisical wrote:No one posted about the best national football team in history and winner of the 2022 World Cup since November?

Anyway, Canada has some cute games against 3 victims in the coming weeks. Canada must win. Any Canadian losses will clearly be due to biased refereeing.

And COVID
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:

Return to The General Soccer Board