German National Football Team Thread (Nationalmannschaft)

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Curtis Lemansky
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 249

Re: German National Football Team Thread (Nationalmannschaft) 

Post#641 » by Curtis Lemansky » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:57 pm

What is the over the top part? Blatant racism he has experienced over the last month? Double-standards?
I think it was a very well thought out and nuanced statement. I hate erdogan to no end yet the criticism Ozil has received for the photo and being scapegoated because the entire NT **** the bed, is as unfair as it could be especially for someone who has done so much for German NT.

Sent from my SM-G930F using RealGM mobile app
"I don't step aside, I step up." - Vic Mackey
"My name is my name" - Marlo Stanfield
"If you come at the king, you best not miss" - Omar Little

Formerly known as nostradamus2005
MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,310

Post#642 » by MaliBrah » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:08 am

Good on Ozil. The Germans showed their true colours reacting like that to a Photo(which was a mistake but merry a harmless one) while clowns like Matthaus can pose up with the like of Putin whenever he likes but he’s not an immigrant Muslim so it’s cool and he can throw rocks from his high horse. Crazy how much he’s done for the NT and this is how’s he treated. Such a shame.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,523

Post#643 » by Andi Obst » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:04 am

I agree with a lot of things Özil had to say about this. Grindel and Bierhoff handled the situation terribly and yes, many racists just used this photo to come out and say things that they always wanted to say about Özil (and Gündogan). Racism is becoming popular again in Germany (and not just here) and it needs to stop. With that being said, I think he also handled the situation poorly and his statement fits right in. He still doesn't see where he made a mistake, still believes he wasn't just naive enough to be used by Erdogan. I believe him when he says he didn't want to make a political statement, but he did.

Expected him to retire after the WC, but it's sad to see him go like this. Now please, Grindel and Bierhoff have to be next. Löw should leave, too, so our NT could have the fresh start it definitely needs. But that won't happen.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#644 » by The_Brecht » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:42 am

Excellent statement.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,455

Post#645 » by Foye » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:05 am

This hypocrite behaviour in german society, especially top society politics, companies, sports, etc. is really getting on my nerves.
Germans always act like they are "clean sheets" and never do anything which is considered to be wrong...reality is they do just as much **** as everyone else...I hate the part where Germans always act like they are not doing anything wrong and even if they did will look to blame someone else/throw someone else under the bus instead of admitting mistakes. Germans are also very good at trying to give others like a sense of guilt even in little things which nobody should care about.
I don't know why but this behaviour is really deep-rooted in German society and it pisses me off.

Just my random thoughts...regarding german society.

I really haven't followed this whole drama and won't start now. All I know is...it is a waste of time for everyone to discuss this topic and it was ever since right from the start when they took the picture and it will not contribute to anything.
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 354

Post#646 » by Det the Threat » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:02 am

Curtis Lemansky wrote:What is the over the top part? Blatant racism he has experienced over the last month? Double-standards?

The over the top part is calling people things based on quotes he can't prove given that they were made in private and therefore killing off his NT career forever, even if there's a complete change at the top of the german FA and coaching staff.

He's also not telling the whole truth, or better his management isn't because that, again, wasn't written by Özil.

Just to make things clear. Grindel's absoluteley useless and should be gone rather yesterday. The guy's a total attention whore who loves to be in the spotlight everytime things are going well and also loves to throw people under the bus to deflect from his shortcomings.
That's what he did to Özil, given that people also started questioning him(alongside Löw, Bierhoff etc.) and he really wanted to make someone a scapegoat for it so he could get away with his crap.

But hey, he's a politician and that's how they do busienss to stay alive in their profession.
I mean, he just gave a statement and "admitted mistakes", which is basically political talk of, well I had to say something and look sorry because folks didn't really buy my other BS before.

The thing with those quotes are that they're A) again not directly from Özil because he always shies away if being criticised and B) just don't tell the whole story.

He didn't just take the picture because out of respect for the country of his parents, but rather because of (supposedly)construction projects in Turkey and the fact that Erdogan's a guy who even threw people in prison for reading the wrong newspaper etc.
He(through his father, I think), and Gündogan(personally), are financially tied to businesses in Turkey and because of that couldn't say no to a picture with Erdogan who was on campaign for re-election and really loved positive PR of having pictures with Germans of turkish decent.

Though the actual folks that should be criticesed the most are the ones writing that "letter", which is his management. They knew that Erdogan was on election campaign and should've also known that a picture with him(who called all german politics Nazis if they said something about his doings in Turkey) wouldn't sit well with the german public and therefore should've never allowed that to happen or for Özil(and Gündogan) to be with him in that room.

Still, throwing Özil under the bus(because it fit Grindels and Bierhoffs motives) was way too easy and a really cheap shot by those two, given that we certainly didn't go out because of that photo or Özil himself.
The reason we were crap was because Löw was outcoached badly against Mexico and also against South Korea, the fact that we didn't take our chances(I think we created the most of all teams during the group stages) and also with Löw not really knowing how to set up the team/lack of interest of the players in doing the tough things of football.

So at the end of the day, there's basically only losers with that, given that the NT loses a player with skills hardly anyone els has on the team and with Grindel + Bierhoff also showing their true colours and creating even more chaos after that crap performance by the team.
And on top of that Löw's doing exactly what he said he would never do. He stays on as coach after a terrible tournament(he stated before he would never do the same thing as del Bosce) and that's not just because he wants to make things up(I even believe him there) but rather because of his nice contract with the NT and all those promotional deals he's got which are all tied to him being the coach of the NT.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,622

Post#647 » by Baphomet » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:54 pm

Not sure where else to put this, but it looks like Germany will be hosting the Euro 2024 tournament.
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#648 » by JohnPferdelack » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:52 pm

That's right, but the current top topic concerning the German NFT is the permanently ban of Hummels, Müller and Boateng by löw.
Foye

Post#649 » by Foye » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:46 am

JohnPferdelack wrote:That's right, but the current top topic concerning the German NFT is the permanently ban of Hummels, Müller and Boateng by löw.

Good decision by Löw imo.

Need to get players who have more competitive fire left in them than Hummels and arent injury prone (Boateng).
I would've kept Müller around but he hasn't been a difference maker in years, so not too big of a deal.

What Löw should've done additionally, is ending Manuel Neuer's NT career. His time as world class keeper is over. He has been very mediocre this season.
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#650 » by JohnPferdelack » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:10 pm

Hummel's performance in yesterdays game was the prove that his prime finally over. For a national league he's useful, but in international competitions his best time is long ago.
Foye

Post#651 » by Foye » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:33 pm

Foye wrote:
JohnPferdelack wrote:That's right, but the current top topic concerning the German NFT is the permanently ban of Hummels, Müller and Boateng by löw.

Need to get players who have more competitive fire left in them than Hummels and arent injury prone (Boateng).
I would've kept Müller around but he hasn't been a difference maker in years, so not too big of a deal.

What Löw should've done additionally, is ending Manuel Neuer's NT career. His time as world class keeper is over. He has been very mediocre this season.

Welp, that was a terrible take. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not sure what to do with this.
Obviously, this is a protest for the thousands of workers that died while building the arenas for the world cup next year.
But lets be honest, if you are going to make such a statement then reject to go to the WC right from the beginning.
It will be a bloody one and you are not making it any better by wearing a couple t-shirts.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#652 » by HIF » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:03 pm

Foye wrote:
Foye wrote:

Obviously, this is a protest for the thousands of workers that died while building the arenas for the world cup next year.
But lets be honest, if you are going to make such a statement then reject to go to the WC right from the beginning.
It will be a bloody one and you are not making it any better by wearing a couple t-shirts.

Sad thing is they probably think that standing there in the tops is enough.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Foye

Post#653 » by Foye » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:44 pm

HIF wrote:
Foye wrote:
Foye wrote:

Sad thing is they probably think that standing there in the tops is enough.

So they can say: "But we wore those t-shirts" when the inevitable protest against these WC conditions comes around. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Foye

Post#654 » by Foye » Fri Jul 2, 2021 1:41 pm

After Löw, Toni Kroos is gone, too, from the team. Respect these guys for what they have done in the past. It's in everyone's best interest to part ways now, though.

The game has passed Kroos, imho.

Return to The General Soccer Board