German National Football Team Thread (Nationalmannschaft)

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

DD12
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Re: German National Football Team Thread (Nationalmannschaft) 

Post#561 » by DD12 » Sun May 29, 2016 8:07 pm

I thought you germans were selling him on here as a world class keeper.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#562 » by HIF » Mon May 30, 2016 9:05 am

Zieler for No.1 ;-)
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,459

Post#563 » by Foye » Mon May 30, 2016 10:07 am

HIF wrote:Zieler for No.1 ;-)

He's not even top 5 IMO.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#564 » by HIF » Mon May 30, 2016 11:22 am

Foye wrote:
HIF wrote:Zieler for No.1 ;-)

He's not even top 5 IMO.

It was just a joke being as he's possibly becoming Leicester's Back-up GK.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
No_20
Veteran
And1: 319

Post#565 » by No_20 » Mon May 30, 2016 12:01 pm

Why are people so shocked by this Gauland-story? A 75-year old man from East Germany who supports Pegida. What do you expect?
Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Kevin Garnett, Toni Kroos, Pep Guardiola, Ernst Happel, Joachim Löw.
Foye

Post#566 » by Foye » Mon May 30, 2016 2:40 pm

actually the only thing im shovked about is that people pay so much attention to afd
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 354

Post#567 » by Det the Threat » Mon May 30, 2016 2:47 pm

DD12 wrote:I thought you germans were selling him on here as a world class keeper.

He has all the tools for it(just look at some of his CL games or the years with us).
Though, him and the German NT just doesn't work at all.

No_20 wrote:Why are people so shocked by this Gauland-story? A 75-year old man from East Germany who supports Pegida. What do you expect?

Yeah, of course we bad guys from the east. Bild really did teach you stuff... :roll:
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,548

Re: AW: Re: Re: German National Football Team Thread (Nationalmannschaft) 

Post#568 » by Andi Obst » Mon May 30, 2016 5:59 pm

No_20 wrote:Why are people so shocked by this Gauland-story? A 75-year old man from East Germany who supports Pegida. What do you expect?

The shocking thing is that many people would actually vote for a party that has Gauland in an important role.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
No_20
Veteran

Post#569 » by No_20 » Tue May 31, 2016 10:51 am

Reus OUT.

Podolski in. I like that. Say what you want about Podolski, but he always performs when it matters unlike the bottler Reus.
Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Kevin Garnett, Toni Kroos, Pep Guardiola, Ernst Happel, Joachim Löw.
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#570 » by Andi Obst » Tue May 31, 2016 11:09 am

Reus' injury problems are killing his career. Still would've liked to see Brandt/Bellarabi over Podolski, but I guess they wouldn't have gotten any playing time anyway.

Happy for Sane, Weigl and Kimmich.

No_20
Veteran

Post#571 » by No_20 » Tue May 31, 2016 12:04 pm

Little Nathan wrote:Reus' injury problems are killing his career. Still would've liked to see Brandt/Bellarabi over Podolski, but I guess they wouldn't have gotten any playing time anyway.

Happy for Sane, Weigl and Kimmich.

Reus is the Chris Paul of football. Flashy and popular but no titles and will probably end up having a nothing career.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

German National Football Team Thread (Nationalmannschaft) 

Post#572 » by ATL Boy » Tue May 31, 2016 1:18 pm

My heart goes out to Reus. Has to sit out on Germany golden runs due to injury concerns.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Det the Threat
Head Coach

Post#573 » by Det the Threat » Tue May 31, 2016 4:37 pm

No_20 wrote:Reus OUT.

Podolski in. I like that. Say what you want about Podolski, but he always performs when it matters unlike the bottler Reus.

WTF? :rofl:
You mean on the bench or in the dressing room, playing mascot?

Anyways, Reus hasn't been the same player since he got injured right before the world cup and I'd even taken Brandt to the euros as well, leaving a guy like Can, Weigl or Kimmich at home.
Though, including all them CM's certainly means that Schweinsteiger won't be ready before the knockout stages and you never know with Khedira either.

BTW: Löw also just screwed over Horst Hrubesch and his dreams of doing well during the Olympics.
Neither Weigl or Kimmich will go and Dahoud won't be allowed to go, thanks to the CL-playoffs in August.
No_20
Veteran

Post#574 » by No_20 » Tue May 31, 2016 5:48 pm

Det the Threat wrote:
No_20 wrote:Reus OUT.

WTF? :rofl:
You mean on the bench or in the dressing room, playing mascot?

Anyways, Reus hasn't been the same player since he got injured right before the world cup and I'd even taken Brandt to the euros as well, leaving a guy like Can, Weigl or Kimmich at home.
Though, including all them CM's certainly means that Schweinsteiger won't be ready before the knockout stages and you never know with Khedira either.

BTW: Löw also just screwed over Horst Hrubesch and his dreams of doing well during the Olympics.
Neither Weigl or Kimmich will go and Dahoud won't be allowed to go, thanks to the CL-playoffs in August.

No, I mean the big goals in the big games against Ecuador, Sweden in 06', Poland and Portugal in 08', England in 10' and so on.

The disrespect people in Germany have towards Podolski is silly. Is it because he is Polish or what?

I am sure he will come up clutch at some point during the tournament if Jogi gives him a chance. Schweinsteiger the same. Need clutchness in the squad. That's how Germany won their 7 WC+Euro titles. Not with players like Reus who has never won a trophy in his life.
Foye

Post#575 » by Foye » Tue May 31, 2016 6:18 pm

...what a pointless discussion
Det the Threat
Head Coach

Post#576 » by Det the Threat » Tue May 31, 2016 7:01 pm

No_20 wrote:No, I mean the big goals in the big games against Ecuador, Sweden in 06', Poland and Portugal in 08', England in 10' and so on.

The disrespect people in Germany have towards Podolski is silly. Is it because he is Polish or what?

I am sure he will come up clutch at some point during the tournament if Jogi gives him a chance. Schweinsteiger the same. Need clutchness in the squad. That's how Germany won their 7 WC+Euro titles. Not with players like Reus who has never won a trophy in his life.

Those achievements are nearly ten years ago and he hasn't done anything for the team in a long time, especially since the current generation(and the young ones) easily ran by him.

It has nothing to do with his heritage, but just that he's not good enough anymore and hasn't been for a long time.
He's also a guy that suffered from the change to one striker in 2008 - 2010, given that he's not able to play the lone striker role and not technically gifted enough to play on the wings, as he can't beat anyone off the dribble.

I'm also not sure were that "clutchness" of him is coming from given that he has failed at every bigger club he's ever been at and certainly won't do anything in the "clutch moments" given that he didn't do anything like that two years ago as well.
He even botchered that one chance Löw gave him during the tournament and had to be taken off after 45 minutes, given that he couldn't do anything at all.

Though, given that argument we should probably bring Kevin Großkreutz and Matthias Ginter in, as they could also do something clutch being world cup winners as well...

I'm also not sure what your beef with a guy like Reus is, who can actually contribute to that team(if healthy) but wasn't able to collect titles at Bayern Munich, showing his clutchness while sitting on the bench.
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#577 » by Andi Obst » Tue May 31, 2016 7:03 pm

Just saw that it's Reus' birthday. Brutal...

No_20
Veteran

Post#578 » by No_20 » Tue May 31, 2016 7:11 pm

Det the Threat wrote:
No_20 wrote:No, I mean the big goals in the big games against Ecuador, Sweden in 06', Poland and Portugal in 08', England in 10' and so on.

Those achievements are nearly ten years ago and he hasn't done anything for the team in a long time, especially since the current generation(and the young ones) easily ran by him.

It has nothing to do with his heritage, but just that he's not good enough anymore and hasn't been for a long time.
He's also a guy that suffered from the change to one striker in 2008 - 2010, given that he's not able to play the lone striker role and not technically gifted enough to play on the wings, as he can't beat anyone off the dribble.

I'm also not sure were that "clutchness" of him is coming from given that he has failed at every bigger club he's ever been at and certainly won't do anything in the "clutch moments" given that he didn't do anything like that two years ago as well.
He even botchered that one chance Löw gave him during the tournament and had to be taken off after 45 minutes, given that he couldn't do anything at all.

Though, given that argument we should probably bring Kevin Großkreutz and Matthias Ginter in, as they could also do something clutch being world cup winners as well...

I'm also not sure what your beef with a guy like Reus is, who can actually contribute to that team(if healthy) but wasn't able to collect titles at Bayern Munich, showing his clutchness while sitting on the bench.

Reus has never performed well for the NT. Worst player on the pitch against England.

This should be the line up against Ukraine:

Neuer
Kimmich - Boateng - Mustafi - Hector
Bastian - Kroos
Müller - Özil - Sané
Gomez
DD12
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#579 » by DD12 » Tue May 31, 2016 7:22 pm

Poldi and Mario is in.

Super Lig made it happen for them.
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#580 » by Andi Obst » Tue May 31, 2016 7:26 pm

For Poldi, he's only in because he's Poldi. Nobody but No_20 thinks he could actually help the team.

I'm really happy Gomez is doing so well for Besiktas and is back with the team, though.

Return to The General Soccer Board