Official Arsenal FC Thread 3.0

Moderators: kdawg32086, LittleOzzy, Baphomet

User avatar
britblazerdude
RealGM
Posts: 11,580
And1: 1,260
Joined: Dec 08, 2004
Location: Denver, CO
       

Official Arsenal FC Thread 3.0 

Post#1 » by britblazerdude » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:15 pm

Image
To Dare Is To Do? 13 League Titles. You've only got 2.
User avatar
MaliBrah
RealGM
Posts: 19,408
And1: 4,016
Joined: Feb 03, 2011
 

Re: Official Arsenal F.C Thread 3.0 

Post#2 » by MaliBrah » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:28 pm

Image

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1KVOt2emrQ[/youtube]

I just want to fast forward time till the first game of the season
User avatar
britblazerdude
RealGM
Posts: 11,580
And1: 1,260
Joined: Dec 08, 2004
Location: Denver, CO
       

Re: Official Arsenal F.C Thread 3.0 

Post#3 » by britblazerdude » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:29 pm

MaliBrah wrote:Image



I love that my favourite player is in this GIF...Juankar... Wan...Ker
To Dare Is To Do? 13 League Titles. You've only got 2.
User avatar
britblazerdude
RealGM
Posts: 11,580
And1: 1,260
Joined: Dec 08, 2004
Location: Denver, CO
       

Re: Official Arsenal F.C Thread 3.0 

Post#4 » by britblazerdude » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:30 pm

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/matches/2014-2015/epl.html/arsenal-vs-crystal-palace

Longest 36 days, 15 hours ever.

ALSO...Funny that this was the picture chosen to represent "Gunners in the World Cup Final"

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20140708/gunners-trio-reach-world-cup-final

Image
To Dare Is To Do? 13 League Titles. You've only got 2.
b shaw20
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,364
And1: 55
Joined: Apr 29, 2007

Re: Official Arsenal F.C Thread 3.0 

Post#5 » by b shaw20 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:14 am

Sanchez signing certainly gives a huge lift and hope that things will be different this year. Truth be told, they already are. We didn't wait til the 11th hour to buy a key player. This alone is a huge lift of our backs in this transfer window which makes looking forward to start of the season much more enjoyable.

Remy, Debuchy and a warrior who can lead by example when things get tough (eg Mascherano, Yaya Toure type) and we are gold.

And now Draxler being targeted by Tott? Really???
User avatar
Baphomet
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 9,493
And1: 2,777
Joined: Dec 03, 2008
Location: UK
Contact:
   

Re: Official Arsenal F.C Thread 3.0 

Post#6 » by Baphomet » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:11 am

b shaw20 wrote:And now Draxler being targeted by Tott? Really???


I think it's total nonsense tbh, no truth to it at all. Besides which, we can't offer CL football and have a smaller budget this summer. The only place that seems to be reporting our interest is the Daily Star, and everyone knows they'll report any old bollocks.
bbms
Analyst
Posts: 3,031
And1: 260
Joined: Dec 28, 2010
     

Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread 3.0 

Post#7 » by bbms » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:16 am

Ozil and Sanchez are natural fits.
User avatar
IronChef
Head Coach
Posts: 6,136
And1: 432
Joined: Jun 17, 2006
Location: An anarcho-syndicalist commune
     

Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread 3.0 

Post#8 » by IronChef » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:51 am

Apparently we've got young Atletico RB Javi Manquillo joining on loan with an option to buy. Wonder if that means the Corporal is going out on loan
Massimo wrote:Arsene wenger for the president.
User avatar
MaliBrah
RealGM
Posts: 19,408
And1: 4,016
Joined: Feb 03, 2011
 

Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread 3.0 

Post#9 » by MaliBrah » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:02 am

IronChef wrote:Apparently we've got young Atletico RB Javi Manquillo joining on loan with an option to buy. Wonder if that means the Corporal is going out on loan

yeah read about that , read barca have first options on him too from that villa deal.

wonder how good manquillo is , got a handful of starts at atletico too so he should be alright. We're a little short on defenders going into next season I feel. Lucky kos and per were healthy all last year and both have played crazy minutes in last year and a half or so. Vermaelen's future is undecided but even if he's staying I feel we need another young CB . We don't have the safety of sagna being versatile and filling in too. Hopefully we're looking at a defender
User avatar
poeman
General Manager
Posts: 9,086
And1: 6,259
Joined: May 21, 2008
         

Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread 3.0 

Post#10 » by poeman » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:35 am

Can we lock up that CDM now?
Canada_7
General Manager
Posts: 7,924
And1: 2,338
Joined: Mar 13, 2008
     

Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread 3.0 

Post#11 » by Canada_7 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:25 am

poeman wrote:Can we lock up that CDM now?

Yes please...not an Arteta replacement who is mostly just trying to read the intercept and perhaps facilitate but rather a guy that can go in hard for a tackle. Willing to chase down a guy and win back that ball at all costs. Flamini is the closest thing Arsenal have to a guy in that role but he isn't good enough to be the full-time guy.
GMgoran
Banned User
Posts: 3,084
And1: 206
Joined: Jun 02, 2002
Location: Europe
   

Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread 3.0 

Post#12 » by GMgoran » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:26 am

bbms wrote:Ozil and Sanchez are natural fits.


Yes, they are most definitely natural fits for Arsenal ... Exciting to watch, putting up good stats, yet somehow always failing to deliver when it matters ... :lol:
User avatar
ardee
General Manager
Posts: 7,576
And1: 2,039
Joined: Nov 16, 2011
Location: Caught in the undertow
   

Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread 3.0 

Post#13 » by ardee » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:20 am

GMgoran wrote:
bbms wrote:Ozil and Sanchez are natural fits.


Yes, they are most definitely natural fits for Arsenal ... Exciting to watch, putting up good stats, yet somehow always failing to deliver when it matters ... :lol:


The grapes you can't have really are the sourest.

Enjoy your team without Suarez.
ATFDL with FGA Limit

2007 Steve Nash (12.8 FGA)
2016 Klay Thompson (17.3 FGA)/2012 Avery Bradley (6.3 FGA)
2008 Paul Pierce (13.7 FGA)/Tayshaun Prince (8.8 FGA)
2013 Chris Bosh (12.3 FGA)
1977 Bill Walton (14.4 FGA)/2016 Andrew Bogut (4.0 FGA)
GMgoran
Banned User
Posts: 3,084
And1: 206
Joined: Jun 02, 2002
Location: Europe
   

Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread 3.0 

Post#14 » by GMgoran » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:35 am

ardee wrote:
GMgoran wrote:
bbms wrote:Ozil and Sanchez are natural fits.


Yes, they are most definitely natural fits for Arsenal ... Exciting to watch, putting up good stats, yet somehow always failing to deliver when it matters ... :lol:


The grapes you can't have really are the sourest.

Enjoy your team without Suarez.


Well, considering that we have actually had a better record in the league without Suarez on the team, since Rodgers has arrived, I am not really worried ... Especially since we are signing some super exciting young players like Can, Markovic and Moreno ...

By the way, I've had this very same discussion with some bitching and moaning LFC fans last summer, when Arsenal have "sent out a statement of intent", by spending £42.5 million on Ozil, at £150,000 per week ... What makes you think that Sanchez will be better? If he was as good as advertised by Arsenal's fans, Barcelona would have never sold him ...
User avatar
Ong_dynasty
Head Coach
Posts: 6,186
And1: 194
Joined: May 28, 2003
Location: London
         

Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread 3.0 

Post#15 » by Ong_dynasty » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:44 am

^^
Players like Can,Markovic and Moreno.
Now thats true statement of intent.

And you really think your team will be better without suarez..
hahahahhahahahahhahahaha....

You know what your right I mean we spent 42.5 million for ozil who had 5 goals and 10 assists
You guys spent 55 million for carroll and downing? and what did they produce? 5 goals and 0 assists combined? lol
but i guess what your going to say next is 2players >>>1player
User avatar
Ong_dynasty
Head Coach
Posts: 6,186
And1: 194
Joined: May 28, 2003
Location: London
         

Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread 3.0 

Post#16 » by Ong_dynasty » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:51 am

and this whole..why did barca or real sell them therefore = crap player.
tell that to:
Yaya toure
Robben
Sneijder

Crap players for sure
GMgoran
Banned User
Posts: 3,084
And1: 206
Joined: Jun 02, 2002
Location: Europe
   

Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread 3.0 

Post#17 » by GMgoran » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:06 am

Ong_dynasty wrote:^^
Players like Can,Markovic and Moreno.
Now thats true statement of intent.

And you really think your team will be better without suarez..
hahahahhahahahahhahahaha....

You know what your right I mean we spent 42.5 million for ozil who had 5 goals and 10 assists
You guys spent 55 million for carroll and downing? and what did they produce? 5 goals and 0 assists combined? lol
but i guess what your going to say next is 2players >>>1player


You obviously don't follow much football, when you don't know what the football experts think of Can, Markovic and Moreno ... As for the Carroll signing, he is probably the main reason why we are no longer making signings under the pressure from the fans ...

It's a shame that Wenger has taken the route of the PR signings for excessive amounts of money, instead of creating his own star players, like he used to do in his success years ... I have always admired his ability to turn talented players into world class players, but it seems that the ability is gone ...
User avatar
White+Purple
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,614
And1: 231
Joined: Mar 21, 2012
Location: 2014 & 2015 FA Cup champions
     

Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread 3.0 

Post#18 » by White+Purple » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:27 pm

The worst thing is Liverpool are actually intelligent buyers these days. Making use of statistical analysis to predict young talent.
Image
User avatar
treiz
RealGM
Posts: 11,729
And1: 515
Joined: Aug 17, 2005
Location: London, England
       

Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread 3.0 

Post#19 » by treiz » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:15 pm

White+Purple wrote:The worst thing is Liverpool are actually intelligent buyers these days. Making use of statistical analysis to predict young talent.


Not really, just because you buy young doesn't mean it's an intelligent buy, in most cases they overspend massively on those young players.

GMgoran wrote:
You obviously don't follow much football, when you don't know what the football experts think of Can, Markovic and Moreno ... As for the Carroll signing, he is probably the main reason why we are no longer making signings under the pressure from the fans ...

It's a shame that Wenger has taken the route of the PR signings for excessive amounts of money, instead of creating his own star players, like he used to do in his success years ... I have always admired his ability to turn talented players into world class players, but it seems that the ability is gone ...


So Lallana and Lambert aren't PR signings? Did Liverpool create them?

Well he did try to go that route, but it led to 9 trophy less seasons, and with City, Chelsea, Liverpool, United and even Tottenham spending big and the amount of pressure he's been under because of those trophy less seasons a change was obviously needed, and since now that he's got the finances for it he's been using it. Developing players like you suggest Liverpool do will not win you the PL or CL, it might have done when there were only 2 contenders like in the early 00s but nowadays with so many contenders it makes it that much more difficult, especially when almost every big club is spending big.
GMgoran
Banned User
Posts: 3,084
And1: 206
Joined: Jun 02, 2002
Location: Europe
   

Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread 3.0 

Post#20 » by GMgoran » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:47 pm

treiz wrote:
GMgoran wrote:
You obviously don't follow much football, when you don't know what the football experts think of Can, Markovic and Moreno ... As for the Carroll signing, he is probably the main reason why we are no longer making signings under the pressure from the fans ...

It's a shame that Wenger has taken the route of the PR signings for excessive amounts of money, instead of creating his own star players, like he used to do in his success years ... I have always admired his ability to turn talented players into world class players, but it seems that the ability is gone ...


So Lallana and Lambert aren't PR signings? Did Liverpool create them?

Well he did try to go that route, but it led to 9 trophy less seasons, and with City, Chelsea, Liverpool, United and even Tottenham spending big and the amount of pressure he's been under because of those trophy less seasons a change was obviously needed, and since now that he's got the finances for it he's been using it. Developing players like you suggest Liverpool do will not win you the PL or CL, it might have done when there were only 2 contenders like in the early 00s but nowadays with so many contenders it makes it that much more difficult, especially when almost every big club is spending big.


Lallana and Lambert are smart buys ... A combined transfer fee of £27 million, and combined wages of £100,000 per week, for a couple of players who have scored 22 goals and recorded 19 assists in the Premier League last season, is a good piece of business ... They will provide the necessary depth and experience, especially now that we will have an increased number of games ...

By the way, Arsenal will never be able to outspend Man City and Chelsea, so their entire approach is flawed ... The only way to do it is the Borussia Dortmund way ... It used to be the Arsenal way, but it seems that they have lost it ... Now, they are just the poor man's Man City/Chelsea ...

Return to The General Soccer Board