Official Arsenal FC Thread 3.0

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread 3.0 

Post#41 » by treiz » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:21 pm

Think he's forgotten about ticket sales, advertisements, merchandising, game-day food and drinks, Sky TV rights, BT TV rights, BBC TV rights, Premier League prize money, CL prize money, domestic cups prize money, other contracts leaving (Bendtner/Sagna for example). Should be fine.
GMgoran
Banned User
And1: 206

Post#42 » by GMgoran » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:27 pm

treiz wrote:Think he's forgotten about ticket sales, advertisements, merchandising, game-day food and drinks, Sky TV rights, BT TV rights, BBC TV rights, Premier League prize money, CL prize money, domestic cups prize money, other contracts leaving (Bendtner/Sagna for example). Should be fine.

If you have actually bothered reading my posts, you would have noticed that I haven't forgotten about that ... Quite the opposite ...

GMgoran wrote:The claim? Yet another historic club losing it's soul and turning into purely a business operation ... I have always liked Arsenal, especially when Wenger was creating some world class players, and was playing some very good and efficient football ... Now, that model is abandoned, and the mercenaries are taking over ... I know that it is good for PR and for business, but it is bad for football in general ...

Arsenal used to be a respectable football club ... Now they are just another business operation, existing to milk their fans, without providing them with any substantial success ...
treiz
RealGM

Post#43 » by treiz » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:29 pm

GMgoran wrote:
treiz wrote:Think he's forgotten about ticket sales, advertisements, merchandising, game-day food and drinks, Sky TV rights, BT TV rights, BBC TV rights, Premier League prize money, CL prize money, domestic cups prize money, other contracts leaving (Bendtner/Sagna for example). Should be fine.

If you have actually bothered reading my posts, you would have noticed that I haven't forgotten about that ... Quite the opposite ...

GMgoran wrote:The claim? Yet another historic club losing it's soul and turning into purely a business operation ... I have always liked Arsenal, especially when Wenger was creating some world class players, and was playing some very good and efficient football ... Now, that model is abandoned, and the mercenaries are taking over ... I know that it is good for PR and for business, but it is bad for football in general ...

Arsenal used to be a respectable football club ... Now they are just another business operation, existing to milk their fans, without providing them with any substantial success ...

And if you actually read my post regarding that maybe you wouldn't have needed to quote me, also without any substantial success? You do know that they've just won the FA Cup? In comparison to some Scouse club....

Also, Liverpool are doing the exact same thing as Arsenal are, why else do they have sponsorships? Why else do they try to build a market overseas? (They have a huge Asian following). I'll tell you why, BECAUSE THEY ARE A BUSINESS.
GMgoran
Banned User

Post#44 » by GMgoran » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:31 pm

treiz wrote:
GMgoran wrote:

And if you actually read my post regarding that maybe you wouldn't have needed to quote me

Well, considering that you are Chelsea fan, it would probably be too much to expect that you can understand what I am talking about ...
treiz
RealGM

Post#45 » by treiz » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:33 pm

GMgoran wrote:Well, considering that you are Chelsea fan, it would probably be too much to expect that you can understand what I am talking about ...

And I suppose Liverpool are the ever so high and mighty club right? Everybody should follow how they're run right? I wonder how that's going so far? :lol:
MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,326

Post#46 » by MaliBrah » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:43 pm

GMgoran wrote:Arsenal used to be a respectable football club ... Now they are just another business operation, existing to milk their fans, without providing them with any substantial success ...

what the hell success have liverpool given their fans in the same period? you've won the capital one cup in the last 8 years. What have liverpool become?

Since 2006/07 Transfer spend

liverpool: 517.97 euros
Arsenal: 328.76 euros

If I used net spend it would have been even uglier with how wasteful liverpool have been. Save me the mercenary bullshxt. You make it seem like liverpool are the frugal club with vision and arsenal are the wasteful when its completely the other way around. Liverpool have changed ways though with henry and rodgers and have finally given the club a direction though
GMgoran
Banned User

Post#47 » by GMgoran » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:58 pm

MaliBrah wrote:
GMgoran wrote:Arsenal used to be a respectable football club ... Now they are just another business operation, existing to milk their fans, without providing them with any substantial success ...

what the hell success have liverpool given their fans in the same period? you've won the capital one cup in the last 8 years. What have liverpool become?

Why 8 years? Why not 10 years?

:lol:
MaliBrah
RealGM

Post#48 » by MaliBrah » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:02 pm

GMgoran wrote:
MaliBrah wrote:

because you said not providing arsenal substantial success.. thats the time period no? we go back ten years we're undefeated league winners. Not Sure you wanted that in your timeline , although you guys did become european champs in that period.
GMgoran
Banned User

Post#49 » by GMgoran » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:20 pm

MaliBrah wrote:
GMgoran wrote:
MaliBrah wrote:what the hell success have liverpool given their fans in the same period? you've won the capital one cup in the last 8 years. What have liverpool become?

because you said not providing arsenal substantial success.. thats the time period no? we go back ten years we're undefeated league winners. Not Sure you wanted that in your timeline , although you guys did become european champs in that period.

Lets put it this way ...

The reason why I am not supporting Arsenal's decision to commit £70+ million on Sanchez is not because I am envious, but because I am sick and tired of these second grade stars getting their big pay-day in the Premier League, while the real world class players end up at Real Madrid or Barcelona ...

One of the reasons why I like Rodgers is because he reminds me of the early days Wenger ... I must admit, I am disappointed that Wenger has surrendered under the pressure from the fans, and has abandoned his principles ... God forbid that Rodgers does the same, now that he has a pile of cash ...
MaliBrah
RealGM

Post#50 » by MaliBrah » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:28 pm

GMgoran wrote:
MaliBrah wrote:
GMgoran wrote:

Lets put it this way ...

The reason why I am not supporting Arsenal's decision to commit £70+ million on Sanchez is not because I am envious, but because I am sick and tired of these second grade stars getting their big pay-day in the Premier League, while the real world class players end up at Real Madrid or Barcelona ...

One of the reasons why I like Rodgers is because he reminds me of the early days Wenger ... I must admit, I am disappointed that Wenger has surrendered under the pressure from the fans, and has abandoned his principles ... God forbid that Rodgers does the same, now that he has a pile of cash ...

you are a broken record. Man city have won 2 out of the last 3 league titles off the backs of la liga rejects Aguero , Silva , and Yaya. Explain that one.

and rodgers has been the one signing the real la liga rejects in asspass, illori , cissokho etc etc.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#51 » by 5DOM » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:38 pm

Aguero and Silva weren't La Liga rejects.
GMgoran
Banned User

Post#52 » by GMgoran » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:44 pm

MaliBrah wrote:
GMgoran wrote:
MaliBrah wrote:because you said not providing arsenal substantial success.. thats the time period no? we go back ten years we're undefeated league winners. Not Sure you wanted that in your timeline , although you guys did become european champs in that period.

Lets put it this way ...

you are a broken record. Man city have won 2 out of the last 3 league titles off the backs of la liga rejects Aguero , Silva , and Yaya. Explain that one.

and rodgers has been the one signing the real la liga rejects in asspass, illori , cissokho etc etc.

Aguero and Silva were the best players at their respective clubs, before they have joined Man City ... Yaya was replaced by Sergio Busquets at Barcelona ... Aspas was the best player at Celta ... Cissokho was a loan signing ... We've bought Ilori from Sporting Lisbon, not from La Liga ... Do you even watch real life football, or you only play Football Manager?
MaliBrah
RealGM

Post#53 » by MaliBrah » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:51 pm

my mistake on illori. But you know what I was trying to say by saying rodgers has been poor on the market. We'll see what comes of his signings this summer.

5DOM wrote:Aguero and Silva weren't La Liga rejects.

barca didn't really need aguero at the time and atletico never sell to madrid. Not even sure if real or barca went in for silva. But he said "the real world class players in spain end up at barca/real" and he hates the guys that come here for pay days. So I brought those two up.

by your very definition of reject , yaya toure is a reject by your standards. He cost man city about as much or less than lallana did liverpool. But according to your logic , lallana is probably a better signing. According to your logic you wouldn't take him at liverpool cause he's a "reject" looking for a payday
GMgoran
Banned User

Post#54 » by GMgoran » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:16 am

MaliBrah wrote:by your very definition of reject , yaya toure is a reject by your standards. He cost man city about as much or less than lallana did liverpool. But according to your logic , lallana is probably a better signing. According to your logic you wouldn't take him at liverpool cause he's a "reject" looking for a payday

You do realize that Yaya Toure is on £200,000 per week at Man City, and Lallana is on £60,000 per week at LFC? You understand the difference?
MaliBrah
RealGM

Post#55 » by MaliBrah » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:23 am

GMgoran wrote:
MaliBrah wrote:by your very definition of reject , yaya toure is a reject by your standards. He cost man city about as much or less than lallana did liverpool. But according to your logic , lallana is probably a better signing. According to your logic you wouldn't take him at liverpool cause he's a "reject" looking for a payday

You do realize that Yaya Toure is on £200,000 per week at Man City, and Lallana is on £60,000 per week at LFC? You understand the difference?

he came earning 160-180(not sure) and wasn't this well regarded coming to city , you probably thought he was a 27 year old barca reject coming for a pay day until he started galloping up and down EPL pitches scoring 20 goals a season. Thats what I mean.

be honest what were your thoughts when city invested that much?
GMgoran
Banned User

Post#56 » by GMgoran » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:48 am

MaliBrah wrote:
GMgoran wrote:

he came earning 160-180(not sure) and wasn't this well regarded coming to city , you probably thought he was a 27 year old barca reject coming for a pay day until he started galloping up and down EPL pitches scoring 20 goals a season. Thats what I mean.

be honest what were your thoughts when city invested that much?

I have a simple question for you: Why do you keep comparing yourselves to Man City? They have invested over £1 billion in transfer fees and wages since Mansour took over ... Do Arsenal fans honestly believe that you can employ the same model? Because if you do, then your club is in much bigger problems that I have thought ...
MaliBrah
RealGM

Post#57 » by MaliBrah » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:32 am

It was a comparison of players and "reject" situations. No I don't think we can pull off the city model at all.

And because the club follows the plans I lay out ? Lulz
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,625

Post#58 » by Baphomet » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:46 am

Reading this thread has been very entertaining. It's nearly 3am on a Saturday morning, I'm eating reheated KFC like a disgusting reprobate and watching Have I Got News For You repeats from the mid 90s, and now I get to see Arsenal and Liverpool fans bickering. :D

I can only conclude that being in United's shadow for the last 3 decades has driven Liverpool fans to the brink of madness. The constant victim complex and the notion that they're somehow a more properly run club is proving to be a potent cocktail of delusion.
b shaw20
Bench Warmer
And1: 60

Post#59 » by b shaw20 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:26 am

I am not so sure Wenger is full blown trying to employ the MC/Chelsea model. He is very well aware that we can't compete for world class in their peak (eg - Bale, Cristiano, Neymar, D Costa). His conscious won't let him spend to land these type of players.

But I hope he's come to realize that when it comes to borderline world class talent, you have to be willing to pay up if you want a chance to compete for trophies.

Prior to Ozil, we were being deprived of world class level signings and believe he made this deadline deal to save his own ass (and benefited from potential bidding war with other big clubs bec it was late in the transer window). The impact Ozil had on the squad had to be an eye opener for him since we were serious contenders for a while (before injuries). Now the Puma money and eagerness of executives to go get talent seems to be encouraging AW to splash the cash. The fact that Alexis preferred Arsenal over Livp and that Juve was not willing to pay up, allowed this purchase to happen for us.

However, it seems that he is unwilling to meet Remys wage demand and is willing to lose a very capable striker for spare change. IMO, had AW really bought into the MC/Chelsea approach we would have already inked Khedira, Remy, Pogba/DiMaria or Griezman/Draxler on top of Sanchez. And these guys are not creme de la creme otherwise the big dogs would come in and swoop. I will settle for Barca and Madrid rejects all day long.

The days of developing talent and truly competing are over. A more talented team will usually win out over the course of a season. Arsenal has talent now is on the verge of having a squad 16-17 deep.

Here is hoping for a few more quality signings, even if it means beign labelled "spenders" of the new age.
MaliBrah
RealGM

Post#60 » by MaliBrah » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:47 am

debuchy to be announced soon , manquillo and ospina close to joining , decent start to summer. Need that midfielder now and a striker if possible , or is that asking for too much? ahah

Return to The General Soccer Board