Post#61 » by MaliBrah » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:48 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HelSOwjKPVU[/youtube]

unreal speech from wenger looooool
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread 3.0 

Post#62 » by Doormatt » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:35 am

b shaw20 wrote:However, it seems that he is unwilling to meet Remys wage demand and is willing to lose a very capable striker for spare change. IMO, had AW really bought into the MC/Chelsea approach we would have already inked Khedira, Remy, Pogba/DiMaria or Griezman/Draxler on top of Sanchez. And these guys are not creme de la creme otherwise the big dogs would come in and swoop. I will settle for Barca and Madrid rejects all day long.

i dunno what youre on about here, since when are pogba, di maria, draxler, and griezmann rejects?
#doorgek
GMgoran
Banned User
And1: 206

Post#63 » by GMgoran » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:32 am

b shaw20 wrote: The fact that Alexis preferred Arsenal over Livp and that Juve was not willing to pay up, allowed this purchase to happen for us.

And why do you think Sanchez preferred Arsenal over LFC? I don't know about Juventus, but LFC were ready to offer as high as £100,000 per week in wages ... Sanchez demanded £140,000 per week ... Basically, Arsenal were the only club willing to meet those excessive wage demands, and Juventus and LFC have turned to other targets (Iturbe & Markovic) ...
b shaw20
Bench Warmer
And1: 60

Post#64 » by b shaw20 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:05 pm

Doormatt wrote:
b shaw20 wrote:However, it seems that he is unwilling to meet Remys wage demand and is willing to lose a very capable striker for spare change. IMO, had AW really bought into the MC/Chelsea approach we would have already inked Khedira, Remy, Pogba/DiMaria or Griezman/Draxler on top of Sanchez. And these guys are not creme de la creme otherwise the big dogs would come in and swoop. I will settle for Barca and Madrid rejects all day long.

i dunno what youre on about here, since when are pogba, di maria, draxler, and griezmann rejects?

My point here is that TYPICALLY, if a player wants to leave Barca/Madrid it is because they have become disposable to them. They have so much talent they seem to always trade in for the new latest and greatest hottest name going (bale, neymar and now suarez).

In the case of others, The likes of griezman, draxler, etc are not rejects but IF they were good enough already to produce or fight for a place they would have already signed them. Obviously they can't sign everyone so the ones they can't are those I am referring to.
b shaw20
Bench Warmer

Post#65 » by b shaw20 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:20 pm

GMgoran wrote:
b shaw20 wrote: The fact that Alexis preferred Arsenal over Livp and that Juve was not willing to pay up, allowed this purchase to happen for us.

And why do you think Sanchez preferred Arsenal over LFC? I don't know about Juventus, but LFC were ready to offer as high as £100,000 per week in wages ... Sanchez demanded £140,000 per week ... Basically, Arsenal were the only club willing to meet those excessive wage demands, and Juventus and LFC have turned to other targets (Iturbe & Markovic) ...

If we are to believe what he's said -- quality of club, manager, London, opportunity to win trophies is why he chose Arsenal.

If we want to discredit these sentiments and say its strictly wages, ok. But who is to say that £40,000 is excessive wage demands? If the player is bringing critical attributes to the club which a club lacks, saying it is excessive is purely subjective. In the eyes of most soccer pundants, the guy is world class.

I am of the opinion that in today's market, you have to be willing to overpay at times (fee & wages) for this type of talent if you want to compete for trophies. Thats not to imply, wreckless spending on everyone and being stupid.

But a difference maker like this, £140k is not excessive IMO. We shall see...
GMgoran
Banned User

Post#66 » by GMgoran » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:36 pm

b shaw20 wrote:
GMgoran wrote:

If we are to believe what he's said -- quality of club, manager, London, opportunity to win trophies is why he chose Arsenal.

If we want to discredit these sentiments and say its strictly wages, ok. But who is to say that £40,000 is excessive wage demands? If the player is bringing critical attributes to the club which a club lacks, saying it is excessive is purely subjective. In the eyes of most soccer pundants, the guy is world class.

I am of the opinion that in today's market, you have to be willing to overpay at times (fee & wages) for this type of talent if you want to compete for trophies. Thats not to imply, wreckless spending on everyone and being stupid.

He is not the difference maker ... With Messi struggling for fitness last season, and with Neymar still adapting to the league, Sanchez was Barca's main attacking option ... The outcome? Barca's have won absolutely nothing, for the first time in years ...

Not to mention the fact that you already have Walcott who is playing in the same position, and is on £100,000 per week ... Someone would probably suggest that Alexis can also play on the left (not really his best position), but you already have Podolski at £110,000 per week there ... Combine that with Ozil at £150,000 per week and Cazorla at £80,000 per week, and you have the most ridiculously overpaid attacking midfield in the world ...
b shaw20
Bench Warmer

Post#67 » by b shaw20 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:46 pm

C'mon dude, saying Barca didn't win anything because os Sanchez is a stretch. Besides, the title went down to the last game in which Sanchez scored btw.... you are reaching bro. But time will tell if he is a difference maker, but I expect a minimum of 20 goals from him.

Ridicuously overpaid midfield? You are entitled to you opinion I guess, but I'd argue that we also have arguably the best set of midfielders (options & depth) in the PL and maybe the world. Proof that you have shell out money for this kind of luxury.
GMgoran
Banned User

Post#68 » by GMgoran » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:22 pm

b shaw20 wrote:Ridicuously overpaid midfield? You are entitled to you opinion I guess, but I'd argue that we also have arguably the best set of midfielders (options & depth) in the PL and maybe the world. Proof that you have shell out money for this kind of luxury.

Reus, Mkhitaryan, Gundogan, Bender, Blaszczykowski, Sahin, Groskreutz, Hofmann ... By far a better midfield than Arsenal's ... For less than half the money, both in terms of transfer fees and wages ...
MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,326

Post#69 » by MaliBrah » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:40 pm

"by far" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , we don't have the best midfield in the epl(chelsea or city) or the world(not even sure who has best one in world) but its not as poor as someone in this thread is making it sound

cazorla , alexis , ramsey , wilshere , mesut , theo , Ox , Arteta , podolski etc etc , can hang with them as was shown in the CL last season.

not many teams are as good as dortmund for finding talent on the cheap , I commend them for that. Why don't we talk about almighty liverpool though? paying big big transfer fees for british midfielders in recent years , spending 8 mill on charlie adam ffs , no one spends more money on rubbish players then liverpool lol
White+Purple
Sixth Man
And1: 235

Post#70 » by White+Purple » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:21 pm

GMgoran wrote:
b shaw20 wrote:
GMgoran wrote:

He is not the difference maker ... With Messi struggling for fitness last season, and with Neymar still adapting to the league, Sanchez was Barca's main attacking option ... The outcome? Barca's have won absolutely nothing, for the first time in years ...

Not to mention the fact that you already have Walcott who is playing in the same position, and is on £100,000 per week ... Someone would probably suggest that Alexis can also play on the left (not really his best position), but you already have Podolski at £110,000 per week there ... Combine that with Ozil at £150,000 per week and Cazorla at £80,000 per week, and you have the most ridiculously overpaid attacking midfield in the world ...

We're a big club so we can afford big wages. Appreciate your concern though.
GMgoran
Banned User

Post#71 » by GMgoran » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:25 pm

White+Purple wrote:We're a big club so we can afford big wages. Appreciate your concern though.

No, you are not a big club ... You are just a rich club ... This is how a big club looks like:

White+Purple
Sixth Man

Post#72 » by White+Purple » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:44 pm

GMgoran wrote:
White+Purple wrote:We're a big club so we can afford big wages. Appreciate your concern though.

No, you are not a big club ... You are just a rich club ... This is how a big club looks like:

So are we a rich club or not? A second ago you said we were spending too much money.
GMgoran
Banned User

Post#73 » by GMgoran » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:53 pm

White+Purple wrote:
GMgoran wrote:

So are we a rich club or not? A second ago you said we were spending too much money.

You are spending like Man City or Chelsea ... You are not that rich ...
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#74 » by Foye » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:01 pm

GMgoran wrote:
b shaw20 wrote:Ridicuously overpaid midfield? You are entitled to you opinion I guess, but I'd argue that we also have arguably the best set of midfielders (options & depth) in the PL and maybe the world. Proof that you have shell out money for this kind of luxury.

Reus, Mkhitaryan, Gundogan, Bender, Blaszczykowski, Sahin, Groskreutz, Hofmann ... By far a better midfield than Arsenal's ... For less than half the money, both in terms of transfer fees and wages ...

That could be true but they are never healthy at the same time. :oops:
MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,326

Post#75 » by MaliBrah » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:05 pm

GMgoran wrote:

Looool I love you man. does your VCR still work by the way or is that technology too new ?
Ong_dynasty
Head Coach
And1: 351

Post#76 » by Ong_dynasty » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:06 pm

haha..we spend 2 players over 20 million and now we are spending like city and chelsea.
liverpool have signed
-carroll
-suarez
-torres
-downing
over that much.

typical liverpool fan always talking about the past. i guess thats what happens when you have no great future to look forward to right.?

and seriously stop worrying about arsenals finances
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/283453.html
this was before puma deal
and maybe start worrying about your own teams
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ounts.html

and this is without having signed players above 80k a week...lol
White+Purple
Sixth Man

Post#77 » by White+Purple » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:18 pm

GMgoran wrote:
White+Purple wrote:
GMgoran wrote:

Even adding our £18m net spend this summer this is blatantly not true. We aren't spending anywhere near petrodollars.

And even allowing for Liverpool's £36m net gain you're bigger spenders than us despite lower income.

poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,066

Post#78 » by poeman » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:19 pm

Again, GMgoran suggesting Alexis and Ozil are not world class is coming from the same guy who roots for a team that considers Andy Carroll to be World Class...See 35MM euro deal
GMgoran
Banned User

Post#79 » by GMgoran » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:22 pm

White+Purple wrote:
GMgoran wrote:
White+Purple wrote:

Even adding our £18m net spend this summer this is blatantly not true. We aren't spending anywhere near petrodollars.

I am talking about wages, not about net spending on transfer fees ... You should learn the difference ...
britblazerdude
RealGM
And1: 1,344

Post#80 » by britblazerdude » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:36 pm

No one's denying that Liverpool have 45 major trophies to Arsenal's 27. 45 is even more than United's 42. Arsenal are still a big club. 27 major trophies is a huge achievement, third most in England. Why are you being such an arse though?
To Dare Is To Do? 13 League Titles. You've only got 2.

Return to The General Soccer Board