Official Manchester United FC Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Re: Official Manchester United FC Thread 

Post#481 » by HIF » Mon Aug 8, 2016 5:24 pm

Shaazzam wrote:I'm so torn on this. We need to improve the midfield, but man that's a lot of money. But really, it's the losing him on a free that causes me some consternation. And makes us look even sillier than normal.

It'll mean that Man Utd will be expected to win the league this season. They haven't handled the expectations well in recent years. It'll make it fun. There's going to be some disgruntled "stars" in the squad who don't get much PT.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Swift3
Freshman
And1: 20

Post#482 » by Swift3 » Mon Aug 8, 2016 7:28 pm

I really don't think we're ready to win league yet even with the expectation, but I don't mind the Pogba move at all.
It definitely makes us better and the ridiculous transfer fee can be offset by Ibra (who we got for free) and Pogba's jersey sales as well as our insane sponsorship from Chevrolet and Adidas. On top of that, we had such a glaring hole in the midfield the transfer fee to me is somewhat justifiable.

So excited for our first game next weekend. The goal would be top 4 and some sort of silveraware (League cup, EPL, EL)
Matty
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#483 » by Matty » Tue Aug 9, 2016 2:54 am

**** just got real!

Read on Twitter
Xplatformer
Sixth Man
And1: 271

Post#484 » by Xplatformer » Tue Aug 9, 2016 3:46 am

BOOM!

Juve salty as bleep.

This should be the starting 11...not for Bournemouth...but most of the season

De Gea
Valencia ...Bailly...Smalling...Shaw
Pogba..in a forward/b2b roll...Carrick (I'd love for the holding mid to eventually be Fosu...but probably Sneiderlen)
Rashford/Lingard...Micky...Martial
Ibra

I know.....I've got Rooney on the bench. You can't have a forward of Ibra and a slow ars poor short passing Rooney right behind him and expect Ibra to be fed.
In 1971, the team moved across the Bay Area to Oakland, and changed its geographic name to Golden State to symbolize the team as representative of the entire state of California
NYCLaker
Junior
And1: 23

Post#485 » by NYCLaker » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:00 pm

I think Pogba might play more of a n10 role.

Also, Mkit flopped big for dortmund when he was the n10 and did well last season as a rw.
Swift3
Freshman
And1: 20

Post#486 » by Swift3 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:41 pm

Game 2 today!
Hope to see Pogba get minutes because I doubt he starts.
I would like to see Mkhitaryan start as well since he should be near full fitness.

Should be a comfortable win at home although we have struggled the last 3 seasons against the saints.

In Mourinho we trust!
Matty
General Manager

Post#487 » by Matty » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:29 am

What a beautiful sight. They should display this at every single Art Gallery on the planet.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,625

Post#488 » by Baphomet » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:41 am

Pogba was outstanding, besides a few lazy touches which was to be expected given that he wasn't even expected to start. He was everywhere, and always looks to move the ball with pace which is something United have missed down the middle. Him and Zlatan seemed the most hungry to score out of anyone. I think only Martial had a bad game, his pace was great as always but his end product was way off.

Shaw also really impressed me, again. He was tremendous before his horror injury too. You have the makings of a very nice team here.
Gandalf
Junior
And1: 159

Post#489 » by Gandalf » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:39 pm

Zlatannnnnnnn! He's gonna own the EPL now too, I just wish that he would one day lift the CL trophy too, it would truly cement him as a king. I also liked the way Shaw was playing, such bad luck with that injury. Can see a battle between United and City for the trophy, even tho it's still early to say.
MJ #23 G.O.A.T.
#FireHoiberg #FireGarPax
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,269

Post#490 » by Shaazzam » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:09 pm

Spanked Leicester after looking like ****. Loved seeing Mata at the 10.
Is UEFA this week?
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
Matty
General Manager

Post#491 » by Matty » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:48 pm

Shaazzam wrote:Spanked Leicester after looking like ****. Loved seeing Mata at the 10.
Is UEFA this week?

Yeah, hosting this Ukrainian side no one has ever heard of but Mkhi should be in the lineup and hopefully get some good reps.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,625

Post#492 » by Baphomet » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:51 pm

Shaazzam wrote:Spanked Leicester after looking like ****. Loved seeing Mata at the 10.
Is UEFA this week?

Who would have guessed playing Mata in his natural position and not on the wing was the way to go? :D

He spent time on the wing at Valencia but it's apparent his destiny is at the 10.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#493 » by Shaazzam » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:21 pm

Baphomet wrote:
Is UEFA this week?

Who would have guessed playing Mata in his natural position and not on the wing was the way to go? :D

He spent time on the wing at Valencia but it's apparent his destiny is at the 10.

lol no kidding man
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
HIF
RealGM

Post#494 » by HIF » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:13 pm

Is UEFA this week?

Don't get too carried away with your victory. You haven't come across as top 2 yet. Europa League really isn't what Manu fans should be talking about.

Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#495 » by Shaazzam » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:37 pm

Lol, salty much? For one game, you guys got your asses handed to you. Moving forward, we'll see what's up. As for Eurpoa, it's the tournament we're in. Doesn't matter what we want to talk about, it's what we have to talk about.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
Matty
General Manager

Post#496 » by Matty » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:36 pm

HIF wrote:
Is UEFA this week?

Don't get too carried away with your victory. You haven't come across as top 2 yet. Europa League really isn't what Manu fans should be talking about.

Don't worry about us or the Europa league, just enjoy the CL experience this season, because it probably won't be happening again anytime soon.
HIF
RealGM

Post#497 » by HIF » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:13 pm

Matty wrote:
HIF wrote:
Is UEFA this week?

Don't worry about us or the Europa league, just enjoy the CL experience this season, because it probably won't be happening again anytime soon.

:wink:

Matty
General Manager

Post#498 » by Matty » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:17 pm

Jose fielding a pretty strong lineup. I guess he's taking no chances. Gotta put points up in the board.
Kyle_Connor
Freshman
And1: 11

Post#499 » by Kyle_Connor » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:52 am

Jose Mourinho is at it again. Fielding the strongest side in the biggest PL game at Anfield and yet they played like a parked bus. They have Ibra and Rooney upfront and Pogba right behind and yet they played in a dismal 9-1-1 formation. I miss the earlier days like 2009 when such games (LFC VS Man U) were so intense and exciting to watch.
DaGea saved the derby and I so envy seeing him at the united goal. When will these games get exciting? I mean, just compare the quality of football today and 8 years back. The players, the shots, goals everything was wow. I don't think the current gen of players can ever match up to those days.

Simply, LFC vs United games should never end in 0-0.
Matty
General Manager

Post#500 » by Matty » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:40 pm

Another penalty :lol:

Return to The General Soccer Board