Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Re: Official Manchester United FC Thread 

Post#581 » by lazybatman » Mon Jul 6, 2020 5:01 am

HIF wrote:
lazybatman wrote:
HIF wrote:The Manchester fans return. ;-)
The Manchester haters come out of hiding..

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app

I don't hate Manchester and I've been here all the time. Are you made of plastic?

Why dude, why?? :crazy: :crazy:
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#582 » by HIF » Mon Jul 6, 2020 2:30 pm

Shaazzam wrote:Hey dude, give it a rest. People might post more if they knew they didn't have to deal with people like you acting like a prick, especially since it's a thread for a team you don't support.

That part is a fair comment. I should perhaps stay out of the thread and only post about opposition teams in the general thread, even if what I'm saying is true.

I apologise for dissing Manchester fans in the Manchester thread, I'll keep it for elsewhere. :wink:
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
HIF
RealGM

Post#584 » by HIF » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:58 am

It'll be interesting to see who they do buy. They have a lot of money and most players in the world will be happy to play for them but they still have to choose which ones and then they have to fit in with current players and of course any purchases also unsettle players who thought they'd be starting. players who move to Manchester United are the type of players who would be starting in 99% of clubs throughout the world.

Manchester need more than CL qualification each year and I'm still not convinced that Solskaer is the manager who can do that.

Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,267

Post#585 » by Shaazzam » Tue Aug 4, 2020 3:30 pm

Do we finally look at replacing De Gea? Sad day if so, but he seems to have been getting a little flighty back there.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
HIF
RealGM

Post#586 » by HIF » Wed Aug 5, 2020 9:21 am

Shaazzam wrote:Do we finally look at replacing De Gea? Sad day if so, but he seems to have been getting a little flighty back there.

You should look at it but I still think he's one of the best in the world. There was some crazy talk in the papers this week that you were going to make an offer for Kasper. I think that's ludicrous but personally I'd do a straight up swap for Henderson. You don't even need to add cash (and no we don't want Lingaard).

JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#587 » by JohnPferdelack » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:50 pm

According ESPN, ManU considers a O. Dembele move instead of Sancho. If so, Dortmund would get more money from the Dembele transfer to Barcelona a few years ago.
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#588 » by lazybatman » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:37 am

Anyone else feel embarrassed cos of the drawn out incompetent transfer process with the club.. smh..
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#589 » by JohnPferdelack » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:43 pm

Who has connections to the club?
According to M Zorc, Sancho extended his contract and a potential move to ManU is now impossible for this year. Is this true or is there the possibility of another try by ManU this year?
HIF
RealGM

Post#590 » by HIF » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:08 am

I read of so many players that Manu are supposed to be buying that I now take everything with a pinch of salt. The media need to sell advertising and agents need to pump up interest.

Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#591 » by Shaazzam » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:03 pm

HIF wrote:I read of so many players that Manu are supposed to be buying that I now take everything with a pinch of salt. The media need to sell advertising and agents need to pump up interest.

And it's been like this for years.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#592 » by lazybatman » Tue Sep 1, 2020 12:44 am

Van De Beek eh.. :-?

I like him a lot.. great young player. Fits with our timeline. Energetic hard worker like Bruno. Awesome runner off the ball, sure to guarantee 15+ goals+assists immediately. Will help us with the modern pressing game up front with Bruno. Gives us the option of playing an extremely potent two way 4 man midfield if we want -
DDG
AWB - Lindelof/Upamecano - Macguire - Shaw / Williams / Regulion
Pogba - Matic / Kante / Thiago
Bruno - VDB
Any two of Rashford, Martial & Greenwood up front.

Solksjaer has been sublime so far in his transfer dealings, and this doesn't change that.

I'm just a bit pensive about this transfer, if it means we're done with midfield business, cos we needed a defensive midfield pivot more than an AMF. Someone like Kante(who is available, albeit the 60m price tag Chelsea have slammed on him @ 29. I'm calling bluff on that. Lampard already doesn't play him much and he was just signed to a 5 year deal ending 2023) VDB's signing is more of a cover for Pogba and Bruno. Pogba's versatile enough to play deep as well, but then he'll start feeling 'unhappy' again, and he just becomes a downright liability in the big games if the opposition has quality midfielders.

I'd be a happy camper if we got
- Kante(loan or purchase for less than 40 mil) / Thiago Alcantera / another DMF Pivot - Most crucial position to fill.
- Upemacano(@ asking price)
- another attacking wing, which need not be Sancho for a 100m. Bale on loan or somebody young outside of the Prem and La Liga, so it still remains within budget.
Bonus - Regulion(LB)

Honestly, I feel, if we can get Kante, Upemacano and none of the others, we will challenge for the league this season. I sense more goals coming from the Bruno, Pogba, VDB, Rashford, Martial, Greenwood as they start gelling from the beginning of the season this time. And we didin't do too badly on defense last year.

Loved how Martial, Rashford and Greenwood came together towards the end. I figure a big name addition might stunt their progress somewhat, but we do need depth given CL football and our forwards' injury history.
HIF
RealGM

Post#593 » by HIF » Tue Sep 1, 2020 7:48 am

lazybatman wrote:Van De Beek eh.. :-?

I like him a lot.. great young player. Fits with our timeline. Energetic hard worker like Bruno. Awesome runner off the ball, sure to guarantee 15+ goals+assists immediately. Will help us with the modern pressing game up front with Bruno. Gives us the option of playing an extremely potent two way 4 man midfield if we want -
DDG
AWB - Lindelof/Upamecano - Macguire - Shaw / Williams / Regulion
Pogba - Matic / Kante / Thiago
Bruno - VDB
Any two of Rashford, Martial & Greenwood up front.

Solksjaer has been sublime so far in his transfer dealings, and this doesn't change that.

I'm just a bit pensive about this transfer, if it means we're done with midfield business, cos we needed a defensive midfield pivot more than an AMF. Someone like Kante(who is available, albeit the 60m price tag Chelsea have slammed on him @ 29. I'm calling bluff on that. Lampard already doesn't play him much and he was just signed to a 5 year deal ending 2023) VDB's signing is more of a cover for Pogba and Bruno. Pogba's versatile enough to play deep as well, but then he'll start feeling 'unhappy' again, and he just becomes a downright liability in the big games if the opposition has quality midfielders.

I'd be a happy camper if we got
- Kante(loan or purchase for less than 40 mil) / Thiago Alcantera / another DMF Pivot - Most crucial position to fill.
- Upemacano(@ asking price)
- another attacking wing, which need not be Sancho for a 100m. Bale on loan or somebody young outside of the Prem and La Liga, so it still remains within budget.
Bonus - Regulion(LB)

Honestly, I feel, if we can get Kante, Upemacano and none of the others, we will challenge for the league this season. I sense more goals coming from the Bruno, Pogba, VDB, Rashford, Martial, Greenwood as they start gelling from the beginning of the season this time. And we didin't do too badly on defense last year.

Loved how Martial, Rashford and Greenwood came together towards the end. I figure a big name addition might stunt their progress somewhat, but we do need depth given CL football and our forwards' injury history.

I thought you were a Barcelona fan.

TheRedWillow
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#594 » by TheRedWillow » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:03 am

Hope they will be able to get a result and look good against Luton after that disaster against Crystal Palace.

About that match, the team really does have a problem with fitness. It occurred after Ole's original good run with the team as interim manager, and also at the backend of last season and into this one. When the team is properly fit things are great.

I would also like to see the manager try different formations again. He only uses five at the back rarely when it could be more suitable, and mostly sticks rigidly to a variant of a 4-3-3.
HIF
RealGM

Post#595 » by HIF » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:16 am

TheRedWillow wrote:Hope they will be able to get a result and look good against Luton after that disaster against Crystal Palace.

About that match, the team really does have a problem with fitness. It occurred after Ole's original good run with the team as interim manager, and also at the backend of last season and into this one. When the team is properly fit things are great.

I would also like to see the manager try different formations again. He only uses five at the back rarely when it could be more suitable, and mostly sticks rigidly to a variant of a 4-3-3.

I imagine they'll put out their second team against Luton. A win should be a simple matter.

It's good for ManU that they see their weaknesses now and force some purchases. They finished last season thinking they were hot stuff and forgetting about the problems that put them in the position in the first place.

Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#596 » by Shaazzam » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:50 pm

Lolz, what a heist!
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
HIF
RealGM

Post#597 » by HIF » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:15 am

Shaazzam wrote:Lolz, what a heist!

sort of sums up ManU at the moment.

Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#598 » by Shaazzam » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:08 pm

HIF wrote:
Shaazzam wrote:Lolz, what a heist!

sort of sums up ManU at the moment.

We didn't deserve any points really and nicked all three. Lol. Although it was a penalty. But they hit the woodwork what, 6 times?
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,490

Post#599 » by elchengue20 » Mon Oct 5, 2020 9:35 pm

Cavani is oficcially an United player. Great signing, they lacked a classic number 9 and they get one who still is a borderline top 5 player in his position. If they had better defenders they could be a serious threat in the Champions League.
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#600 » by The_Brecht » Tue Oct 6, 2020 2:27 pm

elchengue20 wrote:Cavani is oficcially an United player. Great signing, they lacked a classic number 9 and they get one who still is a borderline top 5 player in his position. If they had better defenders they could be a serious threat in the Champions League.

If they really wanted Cavani, he would've already been a Man Utd player.
This has panic buy all written on it. Also 9M on wages + 10M agent fee.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.

Return to The General Soccer Board