Official Manchester United FC Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,273

Re: Official Manchester United FC Thread 

Post#681 » by Shaazzam » Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:58 pm

It's just such a drag. At least my raps have a top-notch organization.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
SgtPepper
Junior
And1: 145

Post#682 » by SgtPepper » Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:28 pm

Yesterday's match was better than any Europa league final. But man, the lack of playmaking ability in all of Utd's backline.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,494

Post#683 » by GoSixersBro » Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:56 pm

SgtPepper wrote:Yesterday's match was better than any Europa league final. But man, the lack of playmaking ability in all of Utd's backline.

Definitely a concern. I missed the match due to work but caught up on the highlights. We were extremely fortunate to leave Madrid with a draw. Little help from the woodwork, but without it we'd be in a major hole. Hope the boys seize the moment in the second leg. Most squads would feel good heading back home, but unfortunately anything can happen at OT these days.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#684 » by HIF » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:05 am

Pogba won't be going to Juventus. He'd have to take a significant pay cut to play there.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
HIF
RealGM

Post#685 » by HIF » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:07 am

agree wuth Brandon Williams saying no point in returning the Man U to be a sub. The young ones are working things out at last. These big clubs aren't all they're made out to be.

LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer
And1: 858

Post#686 » by LDNMagic90 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:03 pm

HIF wrote:agree wuth Brandon Williams saying no point in returning the Man U to be a sub. The young ones are working things out at last. These big clubs aren't all they're made out to be.

Very true, we need to have a discussion about these big clubs overrating their young players and convincing the world that their youth are the next big thing only for them to fizzle out a couple years later.

I bet you between Leicester, Villa, Everton, West Ham, Newcastle, Leeds and Southampton theres at least 5 players that will end up starting in one of these big clubs 11's over their own youngsters.
HIF
RealGM

Post#687 » by HIF » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:42 am

LDNMagic90 wrote:
HIF wrote:agree wuth Brandon Williams saying no point in returning the Man U to be a sub. The young ones are working things out at last. These big clubs aren't all they're made out to be.

Very true, we need to have a discussion about these big clubs overrating their young players and convincing the world that their youth are the next big thing only for them to fizzle out a couple years later.

I bet you between Leicester, Villa, Everton, West Ham, Newcastle, Leeds and Southampton theres at least 5 players that will end up starting in one of these big clubs 11's over their own youngsters.

I find it such a waste of a player's career. They are fooled into thinking they are the one and so sign for Manu or barça but then don't get the playing time needed to fulfil their potential. If they had gone to Leicester or Watford etc... they'd get the playing time and then would be bought by the big boys if they were good enough. Youngsters have started to realise this with the recent few going to Germany but teams like Chelsea and Manchester literally have dozens of young players who don't really get their chance.

HIF
RealGM

Post#688 » by HIF » Sun Apr 3, 2022 7:25 am

So Man U fans do you think that VAR would have overturned that goal if it were at the other end? Do you think that VAR would've given McTominay a red if he was a Leicester player?

Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,273

Post#689 » by Shaazzam » Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:30 pm

lol we need a Ronaldo hat trick to beat Norwich.

So I've loved Fernandes since he's come over, but he really does seem to turn the ball over too often and far too cheaply. And we just signed him to a long term deal...

There are much larger problems but his turnovers seriously expose them.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#690 » by GoSixersBro » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:39 am

Shaazzam wrote:lol we need a Ronaldo hat trick to beat Norwich.

So I've loved Fernandes since he's come over, but he really does seem to turn the ball over too often and far too cheaply. And we just signed him to a long term deal...

There are much larger problems but his turnovers seriously expose them.

I know the exact turnover you're probably referring to. Bruno must be the last of our players to make such critical turnovers, especially in our half of the pitch.

Also I've read that Ten Haag will welcome the sale of Cristiano this upcoming offseason. Any thoughts?
Here Lies The Process
mas1977
Sophomore
And1: 40

Post#691 » by mas1977 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:58 am

Ten Hag confirmed as new manager. You guys are very lucky. If he gets the time he will bring you back to the top. He has a proven record of making teams and players better. As Ajax supporter it's sad to see him go.
SgtPepper
Junior

Post#692 » by SgtPepper » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:49 pm

Utd are in a worse place now than the start of last summer. I think this Utd's peak was right before CR7 was signed while the combo of Greenwood, James, and Sancho promised the best LT attacking value.
This managerial nonsense is an incoherent sideshow. Utd has no legacy of pressing or technical positional football associated with German or Dutch styles, and the current squad fits those styles as poorly as historic Utd sides. They're probably losing some of their higher utility but underutilized players like Cavani and Pogba this summer.
HIF
RealGM

Post#693 » by HIF » Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:32 am

mas1977 wrote:Ten Hag confirmed as new manager. You guys are very lucky. If he gets the time he will bring you back to the top. He has a proven record of making teams and players better. As Ajax supporter it's sad to see him go.

No matter how good he is, bringing back to the top is a difficult ask. Even a prem title will be hard for him I reckon.

HIF
RealGM

Post#694 » by HIF » Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:34 am

SgtPepper wrote:Utd are in a worse place now than the start of last summer. I think this Utd's peak was right before CR7 was signed while the combo of Greenwood, James, and Sancho promised the best LT attacking value.
This managerial nonsense is an incoherent sideshow. Utd has no legacy of pressing or technical positional football associated with German or Dutch styles, and the current squad fits those styles as poorly as historic Utd sides. They're probably losing some of their higher utility but underutilized players like Cavani and Pogba this summer.

United killed themselves by going for overrated, overpaid, overegoed stars in the vein of Pogba. they need a massive clearout and get back to honest principles. If they look for the quick fix it'll end in tears. target the prem in 3 or 4 years when they'll be fighting Newcastle for it and after Pep and Klopp have gone on to other things.

LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#695 » by LDNMagic90 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:41 pm

Read on Twitter

Well this is interesting, he's obviously there because Rudiger has an interest in playing for UTD
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#696 » by GoSixersBro » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:00 pm

ETH needs to gut this roster almost completely. The only names I'd keep without a doubt are Fernandes, Sancho, Varane, Elanga and maybe De Gea. Maybe Fred can be effective under him, idk honestly.

Look, I love Ronaldo and what he's been able to produce this season, but if he doesn't fit our new manager's plans/vision and disrupts any development in the near future, then what's the point other than some sweet, sweet nostalgia?

It's crazy things have only gotten darker and darker since 2013-2014, while we've had so many peaks and valleys.

ETH is our last hope and this summer absolutely has to be the biggest shifts the core of players has seen.
Here Lies The Process
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#697 » by LDNMagic90 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:26 pm

GoSixersBro wrote:ETH needs to gut this roster almost completely. The only names I'd keep without a doubt are Fernandes, Sancho, Varane, Elanga and maybe De Gea. Maybe Fred can be effective under him, idk honestly.

Look, I love Ronaldo and what he's been able to produce this season, but if he doesn't fit our new manager's plans/vision and disrupts any development in the near future, then what's the point other than some sweet, sweet nostalgia?

It's crazy things have only gotten darker and darker since 2013-2014, while we've had so many peaks and valleys.

ETH is our last hope and this summer absolutely has to be the biggest shifts the core of players has seen.

First things first is addressing the scouting and recruitment department, that is what is holding Utd back a lot. Then finding out who to keep which should be Sancho, Varane, Elanga, Hannibal, De Gea/Henderson maybe Fernandes but he looks broken.

Then after you need a new spine of the team so a new CB to pair with Varane or two, a brand new midfield and a striker. Blood in any promising youth players like Elanga. Then Allow Ten Haag time to work, it's going to take 3-4 seasons before you guys can challenge consistently IF everything is done right.

Rudiger is a start, but you also need to think long term... you have to get a young CB with potential - Nico Schlotterbeck is a good start, Bremer from Torino, I'd even say Saliba as well.
SgtPepper
Junior

Post#698 » by SgtPepper » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:17 am

Utd's incoherent squad management is far more the culprit than the players. Every summer the media pose it as a problem the club can buy their way out of but that's never been successful. The best producers (and most reviled by both press and fans) at the club lately are the wc talents bought like Ronaldo, Fernandes, Pogba. Ronaldo paid back his transfer fee by midseason. It's easy to say underperformance but note how each of them are easily among the top 10% of players deployed at Utd in the last decade. This hints again at how poor Utd have been at getting great performances out of promising or established continental talents, and the main cause is they keep hiring these managers who are incompatible with the active squad's history who then takes the squad in a very specific direction that won't be continued by the time the next manager arrives. The most coherent handoff was between LVG and Mou since they both like similar tactical shapes in defense and possession and had similar European ambitions.

I don't understand how anyone can imagine Utd being in a credible title conversation anytime soon, and hear the same sort of noise from Arsenal fans who both seem avoidant of the the fact that both clubs have spent 7+ years more often challenging for top6 or top4.
HIF
RealGM

Post#699 » by HIF » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:27 am

Frenandes is THE most overrated player in the league and Pogba THE most laziest. That's just a start to Manchester's problems. Pogab will be gone but without recuperating money and Fernandes is signed up for the next few years.

SgtPepper
Junior

Post#700 » by SgtPepper » Sun May 29, 2022 5:09 pm

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/Ralf-Rangnick-confirms-he-will-not-be-staying-on-at-Man-Utd-as-a-consultant

Ragnick will bring his newfound gegenpressing reputation to Austria NT. Congrats to Utd for elevating a national manager to cult hero like Barca mythologized Bielsa. I wonder if in a year Wenger will have a shot at either job.

Return to The General Soccer Board