Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Re: Official Leicester City FC Thread 

Post#661 » by HIF » Fri May 6, 2022 6:07 am

The Dream is over.

Roma 1 Leicester 0

I could talk about biased reffing,I could talk about the pointlessness of VAR but in the end if you don't shoot at the target enough you aren't going to win matches. The final spot was within reach but we simply didn't perform. we are at least as good as Roma, probably better but that changes nothing. We're out, our European journey is ended and we are all depressed.

Kasper 4 The ball went over his head into the goal. A top class keeper saves that.
Ricardo 5.5 not as dangerous going forward but more solid going backwards than usual though, beaten all ends up for the goal.
Fofana 8 a highlight
Evans 7.5 if only he wasn't as old as the hills
JJ 6 did okay
Tielemans 6 will he stay or will he go now? Question is more, who wants to take the chance on him?
KDH 7 worked hard, highlight of the season
Maddison 8 he has the talent, let's hope bigger teams don't realise it.
Lookman 7 tried hard without any end product
Barnes 1 he can be so great, but yesterday he was useless
Vardy 4.5 Obviously not fit but says something about our other strikers

Castagne 6.5 did well
Iheanacho 6 what is his position and job for a winning team set-up?
Amartey 5.5 A championship player who gives his all and hasn't looked the worst on any occasion says more about Leicester than him.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
HIF
RealGM

Post#662 » by HIF » Fri May 6, 2022 6:51 am

I know the season isn't over but it has been for Leicester for some time. In reality, with all the injuries to defenders, it never got started. Here's a look at who I'd keep and who I'd move on.

Goalkeepers
We need to get rid of all 3 front line goalkeepers. Kasper will always be a legend at the club but he is holding us back and will do until he retires or leaves, his inability to leave his line or control his box has cost us many goals and continual uncertainty at set-pieces. He is a very good shot stopper but more is needed in the modern game. I don't think he'll leave but hope he does. Ward has hardly played despite our poor defensive performances, so what is the point of keeping him? Jakupovic has been a waste of space since we bought him, how he is still here amazes me.

Full/Wing Backs: We have 4 very good players here but injuries have halted them all this season. Ricardo, as good as he is going forward is not the greatest defender, I'm happy to keep him but would also happily cash in on a sale before he drops away. Castagne, plagued by injury this year is a very solid/good player. I hope we keep him. JJ was on the verge on an England call up before his terrible injury last year, recently back it'll take time for him to re-find his form. Definite keeper. Thomas, a young lad who has stepped up massively for us this season, yes he has the odd bad game but he's got the potential to be better than chilwell ever was. Keeper. Bertrand, one of many bad purchases this season, haven't seen him in a long while and hopefully never will again. Begone.

Central Defenders: Injury took out our starting defenders for almost the whole of the season and the stand-ins mostly failed. Fofana, could be one of the best in the world, let's hope we keep him (more than any other player in the squad). Evans is such a great player but this season injury crippled his game time, hope we keep him but he can't play every game so needs to be replaced as the main man at the back. Soyuncu, had to play more than any other player this season, he's a good player but he is a confidence player who has none, he needs to be alongside a leader like Evans. Surely he'll be sold in order to upgrade the team and I agree with that. Amartey, he played more than most and saved the team from complete humiliation in the early season. He's a championship defender who should only be playing in early round cup matches. Keep him for that or let him go to a team of his level but don't start him at Leicester. Vestergaard, what a terrible purchase, sunk our season with his slowness and inability to jump. Get rid asap.

Midfield: N'Didi, the latest of our long term injured and the final nail in the coffin as defenders came back into the team from injury. At least his injury probably means he isn't going anywhere and that is good for us. Mendy, not even in the squad before Christmas had to play after christmas and did well, problem is he is too small and can't defend at set pieces. Was always going to be sold, that hasn't changed. Choudhury, don't know why he wasn't used more, filled in at CB for a few games but not played at CDM when N'Didi went out. I'd keep him but don't see the point if Brendan stays. He could be a star somewhere else. Tielemans had a poor year for his standard, especially since the rumours kicked into gear and he didn't sign his contract extension. I'm happy to keep him but if he won't sign needs to be cashed in. If the attitude isn't right he should be sold anyway. KDH is our star of the season, certain to be POTS, keeper. Maddison started the year slowly as he came back from injury, in recent weeks has been playing some outstanding football. keeper. Soumaré has been an unbelievable failure. He looked to have it all skill, size and grace but he thinks and acts far too slowly for EPL. Biggest disappointment of the year and a terrible purchase, needs to be sold before he sits at Leicester doing nothing for the 4 years of his contract.

Wide men?: Albrighton, has given his all as always and sometimes that is enough, too often it isn't. I'd keep him as a model for younger players but he shouldn't be getting any starts and really only a few appearances throughout the year. he was needed/used far too much this season. Barnes at times he was untouchable and at others he was invisible. It's hard to decide what he is. Why can he beat anyone in the world one week and not even control a ball the next week. I think I want to keep him but he makes the potential big sale a possibility too. He'd be great at a Man City type team. Lookman, will we sign the loanee, he has worked hard and he's improved, he's clever on the ball but he has something missing. I'd sign him up but if we don't he is replaceable without too much difficulty. Perez, not sure if he should be in this section, the last one or the next one. only certainty is that he shouldn't be at Leicester next season. another poor, expensive purchase who has failed miserably and should move on.

Forwards: Vardy had a great start to the season, was overused and then played through injury before succumbing and missing a long period. He can't take the number of games we give him and he needs to be fresh to be of use. Really he isn't of the consistency to be our main man any more but I hope he stays until he retires. Could be our greatest player ever. Iheanacho, what can I say? He doesn't get much of a run and looks great, he gets a run and disappears. I don't think Brendan knows how to play him and if he does he doesn't set the team up for Nacho's skillset. He's too good to be sold but unless Brendan shows a flexibility that I've not seen in him then there is no point Nacho being with us.Daka, he looked incredible when he arrived, his speed terrified people and Madders popped balls behind the defence for him. Then something changed. He didn't get the service and he lost confidence, it didn't help that he was bullied off the ball every time he got near it. For me he's a keeper who needs a mentality check and a body beef up during the summer. He could replace Vardy but he needs help.

Coaching: Brendan, I'm happy to keep him but his inflexibility worries me and his stubbornness to play the same way even though every knows exactly where the ball is going when is a problem. I'd keep him but if he left I wouldn't cry. Goalkeeper coaches, set piece coaches, fitness coaches fire them and replace them. Chief of scouting/purchases has recently gone and that is a good thing.

Owners: keep them, one of the best in football.

stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,677

Post#663 » by stormi » Fri May 6, 2022 5:04 pm

Humbling season. Karma for how they acted after being conspired FA cup glory.
HIF
RealGM

Post#664 » by HIF » Fri May 6, 2022 5:07 pm

stormi wrote:Humbling season. Karma for how they acted after being conspired FA cup glory.

:lol:

Then I guess that Chelsea will not win anything for the next 100 years.

HIF
RealGM

Post#665 » by HIF » Fri May 6, 2022 5:10 pm

stormi wrote:Humbling season. Karma for how they acted after being conspired FA cup glory.

You are aware that top 8 and a European semi-final is actually a good result for Leicester don't you?

Is no trophy and only a CL place a success for the Russians?

stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,677

Post#666 » by stormi » Fri May 6, 2022 5:25 pm

HIF wrote:

You are aware that top 8 and a European semi-final is actually a good result for Leicester don't you?

8th is a stretch. Lester slipping and sliding back to mid table fodder status. Iheanacho and Tea Lemons were flash in the pans.

Team needs a complete makeover. I'd start with shipping out Söyüncü and Ayoze Pérez. The latter especially is one of the worst footballers I've ever seen.
HIF
RealGM

Post#667 » by HIF » Fri May 6, 2022 6:23 pm

stormi wrote:
HIF wrote:

8th is a stretch. Lester slipping and sliding back to mid table fodder status. Iheanacho and Tea Lemons were flash in the pans.

Team needs a complete makeover. I'd start with shipping out Söyüncü and Ayoze Pérez. The latter especially is one of the worst footballers I've ever seen.

Well at Chelsea you've seen a few. notice you didn't deny that this year has been a failure for Chelsea - not even a European Semi-final to claim.

HIF
RealGM

Post#668 » by HIF » Sun May 8, 2022 2:58 pm

Leicester 1 Everton 2

1 point from 6 against that **** team, saves them.

Sack Brendan
Sell Tielemans and soyuncu
Release Kasper, Perez, amartey, Mendy, Vestergaard, Bertrand, Soumaré, Ward, Jakupovic.
And do it today.

HIF
RealGM

Post#669 » by HIF » Mon May 16, 2022 10:48 am

Leicester 3 - Norwich 0
Watford 1 - Leicester 5

Average at the beach Leicester hammer two poor relegated teams.

Varydy back so the cutting edge had returned (4 goals).

Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,625

Post#670 » by Baphomet » Mon May 16, 2022 4:53 pm

The ironic cheering from the Leicester fans when you got it clear from a set piece was hilarious.

Quite an enjoyable game, very chaotic.
HIF
RealGM

Post#671 » by HIF » Tue May 24, 2022 1:12 pm

Leicester 4 Southampton 1

Finished 8th. That's who we were.

Maddison not made the England squad for the nations cup. That is a joke. Gallagher is in ;-)

HIF
RealGM

Post#672 » by HIF » Sun Aug 7, 2022 7:23 pm

New season

Leicester 2 Brentford 2

Leicester haven't made any new signings so far this summer due to squad numbers and contracts. Kasper has left, probably a good thing for Leicester even though many fans don't realise it yet. Ricardo injured in the final pre-season game - out for 6 months, Barnes injured in the final pre-season game out a few weeks. Leicester controlled the match for 60 minutes and then gave it away. The midfield dominated and then got tired. Brendan made only one change after Brentford made 5 to change the momentum. Brendan took off the only midfielder who wasn't dead on his feet and put on a striker. After the match he said how tired the players were but didn't explain why he didn't use the other 4 subs. Disappointing, but great to get the football back.

Ward 7 not at fault for either goal and had a good match
Castagne 7.5 great first half, wonderful goal and then disappeared - through lack of passes.
Fofana 6.5 good but made a few mistakes
Evans 8 new captain and a decent game
Amartey 5 mistakes for both goals, gave the ball away at times too.
JJ 6
N'didi 5.5 gave the ball away a few times and below his usual level
Tielemans 6 made a few decent passes and shots on goal, but gave the ball away too much and tired badly towards the end
KDH 8 great goal, best player on the pitch, no idea why he was taken off
Maddison 6 has skills but was off his game and tired badly
Vardy 5.5 rarely got into the game, again no passes.

Daka 6 ran around hard to little effect

Brendan: 4 terrible sub decisions

Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,625

Post#673 » by Baphomet » Mon Aug 8, 2022 5:51 pm

HIF wrote:New season

Leicester 2 Brentford 2

Leicester haven't made any new signings so far this summer due to squad numbers and contracts. Kasper has left, probably a good thing for Leicester even though many fans don't realise it yet. Ricardo injured in the final pre-season game - out for 6 months, Barnes injured in the final pre-season game out a few weeks. Leicester controlled the match for 60 minutes and then gave it away. The midfield dominated and then got tired. Brendan made only one change after Brentford made 5 to change the momentum. Brendan took off the only midfielder who wasn't dead on his feet and put on a striker. After the match he said how tired the players were but didn't explain why he didn't use the other 4 subs. Disappointing, but great to get the football back.

Castagne 7.5 great first half, wonderful goal and then disappeared - through lack of passes.
JJ 6
Tielemans 6 made a few decent passes and shots on goal, but gave the ball away too much and tired badly towards the end

I know this is trivial, but I just put Dewsbury-Hall in my fantasy team as I think he could be a nice bargain option and a points differentiator.

Do you think he'll start regularly this season? He looks like a good player.
HIF
RealGM

Post#674 » by HIF » Mon Aug 8, 2022 6:45 pm

Baphomet wrote:
HIF wrote:New season

Leicester 2 Brentford 2

JJ 6

I know this is trivial, but I just put Dewsbury-Hall in my fantasy team as I think he could be a nice bargain option and a points differentiator.

Do you think he'll start regularly this season? He looks like a good player.

He should start EVERY match. He'll be our Captain in a couple of years time. Having said that I know nothing about fantasy football leagues.

HIF
RealGM

Post#675 » by HIF » Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:04 am

Arsenal 4 Leicester 2

Arsenal's first half performance deserved the win.

Leicester 1 Southampton 2

What a joke, dominataion for 60 minutes , capitulation for 30 minutes. Let fofana go and buy us a new defence and attitude.

If only our "team" didn't pay such ludicrous wages to get players to join us we should already have got rid or Vestergaard, Soumaré, Cags, Amartey, Mendy, and sold off players who don't want to be here like fofana and Tielemans. I support Leicester wherever they are and hate disloyal, lazy, overpaid players.

HIF
RealGM

Post#676 » by HIF » Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:08 am

Ward 5.5
Castagne 6
Amartey 4.5
Evans 6.5
JJ 5.5
N'Didi 5
KDH 6.5
Maddison 6.5
Perez 4.5
Barnes 7
Vardy 5

Tielemans 4.5
Daka 5
Nacho 5

brendan 4

Fofana 0

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,437

Post#677 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:30 am

HIF wrote:Ward 5.5
Castagne 6
Amartey 4.5
Evans 6.5
JJ 5.5
N'Didi 5
KDH 6.5
Maddison 6.5
Perez 4.5
Barnes 7
Vardy 5

Tielemans 4.5
Daka 5
Nacho 5

brendan 4

Fofana 0

OT: Are we gonna get some Dolphins player ratings now? They look legit. I like the McDaniels hire. It's about time they got their act together! :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
HIF
RealGM

Post#678 » by HIF » Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:28 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
HIF wrote:Ward 5.5
Castagne 6
Amartey 4.5
Evans 6.5
JJ 5.5
N'Didi 5
KDH 6.5
Maddison 6.5
Perez 4.5
Barnes 7
Vardy 5

Tielemans 4.5
Daka 5
Nacho 5

brendan 4

Fofana 0

OT: Are we gonna get some Dolphins player ratings now? They look legit. I like the McDaniels hire. It's about time they got their act together! :wink:

:D I started following the dolphins in 1981 and I've forgotten what success feels like.

HIF
RealGM

Post#679 » by HIF » Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:39 pm

Chelsea 2 Leicester 1

No Fofana, No Maddison, no Cags and N'didi dropped to bench.

Chelsea get man sent off, Leicester get goal disallowed (identical to arsenal goal later), go 2 down then start to play. couldn't beat 10 men

Ward 6 not a lot to do did most of it well
Castagne 7 attacked well, defended okay
Amartey 5.5 made 1 mistake for the first goal, otherwise pretty decent
Evans 6.5 solid
JJ 7 attacked well, defended okay
Soumaré 4 just not a prem player
Tielemans 6 terrible first 30 good last hour
KDH 5.5 not his usual level of skill
Praet 5.5 little disappointing
Barnes 8 lovely goal, best player
Vardy 4.5 had an off day, should have scored 3

Iheanacho 6
Perez 4

HIF
RealGM

Post#680 » by HIF » Fri Sep 2, 2022 1:24 pm

It's hard to write at the moment - not just because we are losing and looking lost but also because I return to work next week after my 4 month holiday.

Leicester 0 Manchester U 1

We were really poor in the first half and despite playing much better in the second we didn't threaten the goal enough apart from the Madders free kick. What is really sickening is that Manchester were poor too and there for the taking. In fact in the first 5 games we've thrown away 2 leads, lost to 10 men and a poor Manchester. If we were only half decent we'd have 12 points with only Arsenal actually looking a good side against us.

It was deadline day and it was a flop. Top has decided not to pay out, we have players leaving (Fofana, Kasper), others wanting to leave (Tielemans, Cags) others prevaricating (Soumaré, Praet) and others wanting to take good pay checks and not leave ((Vestergaard, Perez). Rodgers seems to have lost the squad and lost any idea. He also seems to be unable to use the 5 subs to our advantage and is killing us by not using them when our players are out on their feet and the end of games.

We started (and finished) the match with N'didi playing CB, Soumaré playing CDM and Thomas playing LB. this despite having a real CB Soyuncu on the bench and Castagne on the bench. Of course it didn't work. Soumaré tried hard but he's too slow of mind for the prem, N''Didi tried hard but he needs more than a few days at CB in training to be prem ready, Thomas tried hard but is in a bit of a funk.

Ward 5 didn't do a lot wrong but didn't have much to do. He's allowing goals in every match so it's time for Iversen to be given a start.
JJ 5 good going forward but nowhere to be seen in defence (it's the BR way)
N'Didi 5.5 did well but he's a CDM
Evans 8 was magnificent and for me the best player on the pitch.
Thomas 4 a terrible first half and some decent attacking second half.
Soumaré 3 Every match he plays 90 minutes we will lose.
KDH 5 Started poorly, got better
Tielemans 4 I thought he'd left - looked like it anyway
Maddison 7 quiet first half but excellent second half
Barnes 7 Excellent first half but quiet second half
Vardy 3 Looked as though he'd already retired

BR 0 No idea and no changes, listening to the experts tell us how good he is makes us sick.

Hopefully our season starts this weekend

Return to The General Soccer Board