*️⃣ Season ends
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Re: Official Leicester City FC Thread 

Post#522 » by HIF » Fri May 7, 2021 7:57 pm

Evans injured in the warm up and on crutches at half time. That could be a killer blow for our end to the season.

HIF
RealGM

Post#523 » by HIF » Fri May 7, 2021 8:59 pm

Leicester 2 Newcastle 4

We didn't deserve it. We lost Evans in the warm up and we lost leadership at the back. The defence was all over the place and most of the players just gave the ball away for 60 minutes. Yeah we scored two goals on 22 shots but losing is losing and we were poor. Can we still make the CL? Of course we can. we just have to do it the Leicester way.

Kasper 6.5
Albrighton 5.5
Fofana 4
Soyuncu 2
Castagne 4
Ricardo 4.5
N'Didi 4
Tielemans 6
Maddison 4
Iheanacho 7
Vardy 4.5

Perez 4
Thomas 4.5
Mendy 5

HIF
RealGM

Post#524 » by HIF » Sat May 8, 2021 6:47 am

The next morning after a poor night. Wherever we finish even if we lose the final four games of the season this will have been a fantastic season for Leicester and us fans. I hope that we can win the Cup and make CL but even if not, it's still one of the greatest seasons in over 50 years of watching my team.

HIF
RealGM

Post#525 » by HIF » Tue May 11, 2021 7:16 pm

Manchester United 1 Leicester 2

We scored a cracking goal - a 19yo Leicester lad - but Manchester hit back quickly and the rest of the first half was a balanced but nervy affair. The second half Leicester came out and moved the ball quickly as our midfield dominated but we didn't finish off some good moves. Seeing Cavani and Rashford come on was frightening but then Cags hammered a header into the goal, something he should be doing more often. United brought on Fernandes and we brought on Hamza to replace Vardy. 15 minutes of solid defence saw it through and CL is in touching distance. Now our heads turn to the FA Cup final.

Kasper 5.5
Castagne 6.5
Fofana 8
Cags 7.5
Thomas 7
Albrighton 6.5
N'didi 8.5
Tielemans 8.5
Perez 3
Kels 7.5
Vardy 7

Maddison 7
Choudhury 6

HIF
RealGM

Post#526 » by HIF » Wed May 12, 2021 5:58 am

Spurs can no longer finish above us this season.

The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#527 » by The_Brecht » Wed May 12, 2021 6:00 am

The Tielemans - Ndidi combination is phenomenal.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
HIF
RealGM

Post#528 » by HIF » Wed May 12, 2021 6:52 am

The_Brecht wrote:The Tielemans - Ndidi combination is phenomenal.

It really is our heart. we just need Maddison to get back on the same page and it could be dominating. They are all young too.

HIF
RealGM

Post#529 » by HIF » Sat May 15, 2021 7:10 pm

I cannot believe this team. From the owners to the fans.

This one is for Khun Vichai.

WE ARE FA CUP CHAMPIONS!

It was a cagey first half with few chances but Chelsea looked the better side. Jonny Evans trying to play through the pain - just couldn't and we had to take him off after 30 minutes. I was worried. The second half we started to take control and looked the better side. Then Youri scored a blinder (he had a fantastic all round game). Then it was defensive Leicester. we even took Goal king Kel off and in the end brought Wes Morgan on. Chelsea attacked but really didn't threaten too much until chilwell nearly squeezed a header into the goal and then Kasper made an astonishing world class save from Mason Mount. Yes Chelsea put the ball in the net but Chilwell always looked well offside. And then we were champions. And everyone cried.

Kasper 10
Castagne 8
Fofana 10
Evans 8
Soyuncu 8
Thomas 9
N'Didi 9
Tielemans 10++++
Perez 4.5
Iheanacho 6.5
Vardy 7

Albrighton 7
Maddison 6
Morgan 5
Choudhury 7

Brendan 10

HIF
RealGM

Post#530 » by HIF » Sun May 16, 2021 8:42 am

After West Ham's draw last night they can no longer catch us in the prem. It's now down to the top 5. Can West Brom do us a favour today - No is the clear and obvious answer.

Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#531 » by Foye » Sun May 16, 2021 9:33 am

Congrats HIF. Leicester really been one of the best run teams in the EPL in recent years given the financial opportunities.
HIF
RealGM

Post#532 » by HIF » Wed May 19, 2021 8:35 am

Chelsea 2 Leicester 1

A fired up Chelsea with their own fans in the ground outplayed a tired looking Leicester team to leap frog them in the race to a CL position finish. In the first half Chelsea passed the ball so well, one touch perfection as they bypassed the Leicester midfield. They were clearly the better team but sadly for them they had no striker worth his salt who could actually score. Tuchel's dislike of Abraham is astounding when you see how poor their point of attack is. In the second half Chelsea scored after 2 minutes but it wasn't a classic, more a fluke as they got a corner from a mistake by Thomas which was flicked on at the near post by Vardy to crash into Rudiger's thigh and go in. The guy doesn't score goals except against Leicester. His last 2 were both against us 2 years ago. Leicester started to find some passion and got the ball but went 2-0 down to a beautiful penalty even if it was incredibly soft. Without a doubt it was given my Mike "hopeless" Dean because the home supporters were vocally upset about two times they put the ball in the net to have them ruled out. One clearly offside the other a clear Maradona handball yet the cries of "**** VAR" rang loud. Leicester then were the better team to the end with a good goal from Kelechi Iheanacho - mysteriously left out of the side replaced by the pathetic Ayoze Perez. And an equaliser looked on the cards only for the aforementioned Perez to not even hit the target of an open goal. Overall, however, Chelsea deserved the win despite some oscar like acting and some pretend tough guys. At least the Chelsea players found some passion. Brendan needs to take some of the blame for playing Perez, let alone keeping the guy on for the whole 90 minutes.

Kasper 6
Castagne 6
Fofana 7
Cags 7.5
Thomas 5
Albrighton 5.5
N'didi 6.5
Tielemans 6
Maddison 3
Perez 1
Vardy 6

Ricardo 6
Iheanacho 7

Onwards and hopefully upwards to wards the final game of the season.

HIF
RealGM

Post#533 » by HIF » Thu May 20, 2021 9:53 am

It shows how far we've come when Chelsea's biggest game of the season so far was beating us 2-1 (on the third try of the season) even though they spent £220m this ummer on players to add to their CL squad.

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,437

Post#534 » by Cactus Jack » Thu May 20, 2021 10:03 am

HIF, reading through this thread, I've come to realize that you're truly one of a kind! I mean that in the best possible way. :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
HIF
RealGM

Post#535 » by HIF » Thu May 20, 2021 10:05 am

Who would've thought that the man on the right would have two more trophies than the man on the left when this photo was taken?

HIF
RealGM

Post#536 » by HIF » Thu May 20, 2021 10:08 am

Cactus Jack wrote:HIF, you're truly one of a kind! I mean that in the best possible way. :wink:

:nod: Sadly you are correct. You wouldn't think that I actually like Stormi after the last 2 days would you? but I do.

Now onto Spurs biggest match of the season. Who will make the new European Conference? Spurs? Arsenal? Everton?

HIF
RealGM

Post#537 » by HIF » Fri May 21, 2021 8:09 am

HIF
RealGM

Post#538 » by HIF » Sun May 23, 2021 5:16 pm

Sadness but still Pride.

HIF
RealGM

Post#539 » by HIF » Mon May 24, 2021 8:59 am

Okay last report of the season.

Leicester 2 Spurs 4

Leicester went into the final game knowing that they needed to beat Spurs and have Villa or Palace cause an upset to make the top 4. The bad news before the match was that experienced defensive leader Jonny Evans wasn't fit enough to play which meant Leicester changing to a back 4 with 20 year old phenom Wes Fofana leading it and 19 year old Luke Thomas at LB. The match started well with Spurs attacking for the first few minutes and then Leicester settling down and taking charge. Vardy looked threatening every time he got the ball and after about quarter of an hour he was fouled in the box and put the penalty away nicely. Leicester were in third. Sadly that all changed and mostly due to a an injury to Wes Fofana meaning he had to go off after 20 minutes. With no available fit CB, Leicester moved their destructive CM Wilf N'Didi into the Centre of defence and brought on the very small Papy Mendy to replace him. Leicester held out until nearly half time but Harry Kane (of course) popped in an equaliser in the 41st minute - back to 5th place. The second half started well and Vardy got a second penalty - this one not so clear cut - but he put it away wonderfully to restore a lead and move us back up to third especially good given the news that Chelsea were losing. Big Bren started to panic after the hour mark and removed Maddison for the more defensive Ricardo which unbalanced the team a little. Spurs brought on Bale and Moura ten minutes later, knowing they had to win to finish above Arsenal. Leicester were still ahead and in the CL spot with 15 minutes to play before Kasper made a complete hash of a ball into the box and scored an own goal to level the game. 5 minutes later Brendan made his biggest mistake of the season. he brought the completely inept Ayoze Perez on and many Leicester fans knew that they were doomed. Still with 3 minutes of the game to go it was still level and no good for either team. Spurs broke into the box. Harry Kane controlled the ball with his hand before passing to Bale who scored. The ref and VAR did not rule handball. Leicester hearts were broken. 6 minutes into injury time Spurs ran up the score with the final touch of the match. Spurs make it to the Conference league, Leicester finish 5th. A sad end to a great season which was marred by injuries through to the final day.

Kasper 3
Castagne 6.5
Fofana 6.5 Mendy 5
Cags 7.5
Thomas 7.5
N'Didi 7.5
Albrighton 6 Perez -3
Tielemans 7.5
Maddison 5.5 Ricardo 5.5
Iheanacho 6.5
Vardy 7.5

Hope anyone reading this thread has enjoyed the ride. See you next season.

The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#540 » by The_Brecht » Mon May 24, 2021 5:49 pm

I love reading your reviews.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.

Return to The General Soccer Board