Official Leicester City FC Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Re: Official Leicester City FC Thread 

Post#721 » by HIF » Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:35 pm

MetalFingaz wrote:Leicester a bit lucky to not have 3 players sent off...

Don't be a fairy like those Chelsea players. I'd say the Stamp on Maddison by the Argentinian was as bad if not worse than anything Leicester did. Chelsea have a team half full of players who can't take physicality and that's why they'll not win anything. Last year they had the hardest man in the league, they let him leave for nothing and have bought fairies.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,686

Post#722 » by stormi » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:14 am

HIF wrote:
MetalFingaz wrote:Leicester a bit lucky to not have 3 players sent off...

Don't be a fairy like those Chelsea players. I'd say the Stamp on Maddison by the Argentinian was as bad if not worse than anything Leicester did. Chelsea have a team half full of players who can't take physicality and that's why they'll not win anything. Last year they had the hardest man in the league, they let him leave for nothing and have bought fairies.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Back to the championship for you lot. You were playing some tidy football a few years ago, but it seemed like Mortal Kombat at the King Power last weekend. Shame.
HIF
RealGM

Post#723 » by HIF » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:26 am

Enzo was the dirtiest player on the pitch.

Felix and Mudryk are a pair of snowflakes

The Havertz injury was his own fault. Amartey cleared the ball and Havertz piled into his follow through.

Chelsea are a mass of expensive fairies. Leicester are a championship club with a league 1 manager.

stormi
General Manager

Post#724 » by stormi » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:32 am

It was a slight retroactive justice that your bizarro David Luiz was tossed near the end of the match before he could seriously hurt someone.

Anyways, where is the post match ratings?
HIF
RealGM

Post#725 » by HIF » Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:32 am

stormi wrote:It was a slight retroactive justice that your bizarro David Luiz was tossed near the end of the match before he could seriously hurt someone.

Anyways, where is the post match ratings?

Us: 1
You: 3

HIF
RealGM

Post#726 » by HIF » Sat Apr 1, 2023 4:09 pm

Have we sacked that idiot yet?

Heard that Spurs were interested in him. If they take him today, they can have Tete and Youri for free with him.

Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,625

Post#727 » by Baphomet » Sat Apr 1, 2023 5:34 pm

HIF wrote:Have we sacked that idiot yet?

Heard that Spurs were interested in him. If they take him today, they can have Tete and Youri for free with him.

God no. Brendo can go back to his boyhood club of Chelsea when they sack Potter.
HIF
RealGM

Post#728 » by HIF » Sun Apr 2, 2023 7:41 am

When I started this thread back in 2015, we had never won the top division of English football, never won the FA Cup and never played in the Champion's league. We were sitting tailed off at the bottom of the Premier league, favourites for relegation and known as a yo-yo team.

At that time I had faith in my team and believed we'd survive relegation because we had a manager who knew how to manage, a man who created an identity for the team and made sure that the team over-performed the sum of its individual parts. Nigel Pearson created the team that would go on to win the title after manufacturing the greatest escape of all time.

We also had a great owner in Vichai, who had principles and knew that kindness in business is important but that didn't mean bending over backwards. Vichai sacked Nigel for non-football reasons - the actions of Pearson jr in Thailand and Nigel's stance alongside his son. Ranieri came in and built on the team spirit to take a ragtag bunch of lesser players to the greatest title win of all-time. He was one of the nicest men football has ever known but when standards dropped Vichai sacked him. Shakespeare was given his opportunity but 42% wasn't good enough and Claude Puel was brought in. Puel rebuilt the team but sadly played some incredibly boring football which the fans, as a whole, hated. Mid table Vichai sacked him. And then Brendan arrived, he benefitted from a well built Puel/Pearson squad and he won us our first ever FA cup but there was always something missing. Identity and spirit. We lost out on top 4 despite being so far ahead of 5th and then the next season we missed out on top 4 again. The FA cup papered over the cracks but in reality it was Youri Tielemans (a Claude Puel signing) who was carrying the team not Brendan. Brendan had the reputation of a player manager who improved players but I ask you in all seriousness, who has he improved over his tenure? KDH for sure, though this year he's gone backwards, Maddison, possibly but most of the other players have gone backwards under his tutelage. And this year has been a total disaster. He should've been sacked after a start that saw only 1 point from 7 matches, he should've been sacked before the world cup break to give the new manager the chance to get us to top 8 where we should be, he should've been sacked after every disappointing week that has passed since football returned on December 26th. But Sadly Top is not his father. He is a nice man, with a good heart but his doesn't understand that friendship and business are not good bed fellows. He doesn't have the balls to act when he should and now it is too late.

We sit one from the bottom, yet still easily saveable with 9 teams so closely packed and a squad with skill but we have no heart, no spirit and definitely no identity. We also have no youri to carry us to safety. Brendan has killed the club and our Golden era has ended less than 7 years after it started.

The East Midlands are red, Leicester are once again the lowest of the 4 Midlands clubs and Villa are the undoubted midlands champions. As has been the case for most of my 60 years with the club, Leicester seem to be a yo-yo club again.

It was great whilst it lasted but the rapid decline is unforgivable and I lay the blame at the door of Brendan Rodgers, Top and the management team of Leicester city.

Sack him NOW and we can still survive in the premier league, at least.

Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,262

Post#729 » by Baseline81 » Sun Apr 2, 2023 1:30 pm

Read on Twitter
HIF
RealGM

Post#730 » by HIF » Sun Apr 2, 2023 3:27 pm

hurrah. If we get someone in quickly, I think we'll stay up.

Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,625

Post#731 » by Baphomet » Sat Apr 8, 2023 12:07 pm

Read on Twitter

HIF won't be too happy if this transpires
HIF
RealGM

Post#732 » by HIF » Sat Apr 8, 2023 1:29 pm

Baphomet wrote:
Read on Twitter

HIF won't be too happy if this transpires

Not at all.

The guy has shown that he is far short of premier league standard, he'd take us down to the championship (and keep us there). We blew the chance of getting a top tier manager by not sacking Rodgers last season or at the beginning of this, I realise that. But there are a thousand managers better than Marsch that would be willing to take us on. I'd even prefer Ralph to Marsch. I really don't think TOP has a clue and the people in charge at Leicester have shown they are not up to the task over several years. John Rudkin should have been sacked long ago too. I'm happy with an interim like Wilder till the summer but not Big Sam, I'd rather keep Sadler in charge if he and Marsch are the alternatives.

HIF
RealGM

Post#733 » by HIF » Sat Apr 8, 2023 1:36 pm

I've just seen that Sadler has brought the useless Soumaré and error prone Amartey into the team today. WTF! Add those two to the totally confused N'Didi and I think our team will give Bournemouth more assists than their own team.

This is a true must win match against a poor bottom dweller and we've put out the worst team in Leicester history.

Evans and souttar are on the bench so they must be fit. Praet or Mendy should have been in for Soumaré and we should be playing Nacho up front in a 2 with Madders in behind.

Please don't lose, at home, to this dross or the hole is very, very deep.

HIF
RealGM

Post#734 » by HIF » Sat Apr 8, 2023 1:44 pm

I'd rather have Ted Lasso.

HIF
RealGM

Post#735 » by HIF » Sat Apr 8, 2023 3:04 pm

Pathetic first half.Again not a shot on target. Maddison with the assist for the goal - their goal. Disgusting performance so far.

HIF
RealGM

Post#736 » by HIF » Sat Apr 8, 2023 3:04 pm

Of course maybe they're losing so that Marsch says no to championship football.

LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer
And1: 858

Post#737 » by LDNMagic90 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:47 am

I’ve seen rumours that Jesse Marsch talks broke down and Dean Smith will take over until the end of the season. He certainly knows how to pull a team out from a relegation scrap and he’s still a good manager in my eyes, he’ll bring Craig Shakespeare back to the club.
HIF
RealGM

Post#738 » by HIF » Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:04 pm

LDNMagic90 wrote:I’ve seen rumours that Jesse Marsch talks broke down and Dean Smith will take over until the end of the season. He certainly knows how to pull a team out from a relegation scrap and he’s still a good manager in my eyes, he’ll bring Craig Shakespeare back to the club.

I've been locked out for a few days. Probably a good thing.

Happy to have Smith until the end of the season. I think he can save us. I always liked him. Down to earth and real. Must admit love the fact his has JT with him because our defence is a mess and that guy knows defence.

It's not going to be easy but I'm back on the positive train.

stormi
General Manager

Post#739 » by stormi » Thu May 25, 2023 3:53 am

Still a faint chance at survival, praying it's Everton that goes down instead.
HIF
RealGM

Post#740 » by HIF » Thu May 25, 2023 9:15 am

stormi wrote:Still a faint chance at survival, praying it's Everton that goes down instead.

Good man.

The football Gods will decide.

I accepted relegation some time ago and if we go down we'll have deserved it. If we stay up I guess we deserved that too but I can only hope that the work needed in renewing the club will go ahead in the same fashion if we stay up as if we go down.

The rats in the squad will jump ship if we are relegated, some of the rats will attempt to stay if we remain up. We should be removing 14 or 15 players, changing the management set up and getting rid of a number of the high board members, especially John Rudkin. This summer should be an allaction time for Leicester whatever happens on sunday.

Return to The General Soccer Board