RealGM Soccer Board NBA Fantasy League

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Re: RealGM Soccer Board NBA Fantasy League 

Post#341 » by Foye » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:44 am

DD12 wrote:Rubio, Lavine, Towns, Wiggins. They don't give one flying damn about this team anymore. It is so obvious that they try hard but once the game gets out of their way, they simply don't care to fight against it.

How many times do you draft a player that come out elite player right away?

This year, Towns and Porzingis are already elite players that their teams are having dreams to build their team around them. How many times has this happen in last 10 years that teams believed their rookies to build around?

Let's look.

2014- Wiggins, Embiid, Jabari. Nothing special.
2013- Bennett, Oladipo, Porter. Nothing special.
2012- AD*-MKG, Beal. Except AD nothing special. And I think Towns and Porzingis potential is much better than AD.
2011- Kyrie, Derrick Williams, Enes. Nothing special except Kyrie which I highly doubt you can build a team around him.
2010- Wall, Turner, Favors. Nothing special.

Class is over. I'll educate you again next time.

Why are you even talking about the Wolves? It's so obvious you are not even watching them. :roll:

It happens more than every 10-15 years. Way more frequently actually.
2012 Davis
2010 Griffin
2007 Durant
2003 LeBron, Wade
1997 Duncan
1996 Iverson although inefficient
1993 Webber
1992 Shaq

So in 20 years from 1992 to 2012 we have at least 9 if not more elite players. That is not even counting a stud like pre-injury Derrick Rose.

Actually, scratch what I just said about you not even watching Wolves...probably you are not even following the nba at all except for box scores.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,111

Post#342 » by magik9113 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:36 am

Massimo, you at the Knicks-Magic game by any chance? I am here watching the Magic get destroyed :(
DD12
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#343 » by DD12 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:55 am

magik9113 wrote:Massimo, you at the Knicks-Magic game by any chance? I am here watching the Magic get destroyed :(

bro come on. don't you know me already? wtf am i gonna do at two loser teams' game? lol
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#344 » by magik9113 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:02 am

DD12 wrote:
magik9113 wrote:Massimo, you at the Knicks-Magic game by any chance? I am here watching the Magic get destroyed :(

bro come on. don't you know me already? wtf am i gonna do at two loser teams' game? lol

Haha Idk I thought maybe you'd jump at the opportunity to see the Knicks win a game
DD12
Assistant Coach

Post#345 » by DD12 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:03 am

Foye, your reading comprehension is very bad man.

This is last time I am saying this.

I argue over dominant rookies(rookie means first year in the league) where you can literally build a franchise around them. This year, Towns and Porzingis has definitely shown that you can trust them to build your franchise. Without any experience, if they are that good, I can't imagine what type of players they will become in 3-4 years.

That being said; these kind of talents come in once or twice in 10-15 years. You are giving me Griffin. Are you serious? After freaking 8 years, he is not even a superstar. Not even the best player on his own team. Have tons of mental issues. Look i am not even talking about his rookie year which is what I argue about. Anthony Davis' first year wasn't as dominant as Towns nor Porzingis. And I believe that Towns and Porzingis will be better players than AD and hopefully less injuries.

In last 12 years, you got only two players. They both weren't as good as Porzingis and Towns in their first year either. I think Porzingis and Towns will be better players than these two.
DD12
Assistant Coach

Post#346 » by DD12 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:03 am

magik9113 wrote:
DD12 wrote:

Haha Idk I thought maybe you'd jump at the opportunity to see the Knicks win a game

It's Friday night. I live in NYC. There are better things to do :lol:
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#347 » by magik9113 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:09 am

DD12 wrote:
magik9113 wrote:
DD12 wrote:

It's Friday night. I live in NYC. There are better things to do :lol:

I live here too, I'll be doing them after I get embarrassed For being the only Orl fan here. :nonono:
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#348 » by magik9113 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:40 am

Welp. i have no idea if I'm winning in fantasy but I do know that I am drunk and the magic sure do suck
Foye

Re: AW: RE: Re: RealGM Soccer Board NBA Fantasy League 

Post#349 » by Foye » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:55 am

DD12 wrote:Foye, your reading comprehension is very bad man.

This is last time I am saying this.

I argue over dominant rookies(rookie means first year in the league) where you can literally build a franchise around them. This year, Towns and Porzingis has definitely shown that you can trust them to build your franchise. Without any experience, if they are that good, I can't imagine what type of players they will become in 3-4 years.

That being said; these kind of talents come in once or twice in 10-15 years. You are giving me Griffin. Are you serious? After freaking 8 years, he is not even a superstar. Not even the best player on his own team. Have tons of mental issues. Look i am not even talking about his rookie year which is what I argue about. Anthony Davis' first year wasn't as dominant as Towns nor Porzingis. And I believe that Towns and Porzingis will be better players than AD and hopefully less injuries.

In last 12 years, you got only two players. They both weren't as good as Porzingis and Towns in their first year either. I think Porzingis and Towns will be better players than these two.

Griffin first season was averaging 22,12 and 4. Much better than Towns or Porzingis right now.

If thats not a player a team believes they can build around after the first seasom you have no clue at all.

The fact he hasnt improved much is probably because of his questionable attitude. But it doesnt take away the fact he was a dominant rookie. Much more domimant than Towns or Porzingis.

ADs stats were not that impressive but you could see he was going to be a franchise player for sure.
Sent from my GT-I9001 using RealGM Forums mobile app
DD12
Assistant Coach

Post#350 » by DD12 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:35 am

Blake Griffin could not even play on his first year. How on the earth someone thought of building a team around him? No one of course thought of it for God's sake.

In fact his second year, he had Baron Davis, Bledsoe, Eric Gordon, DeAndre and Kaman. If I am not mistaken they won something like 35 games. I mean if he was that good, they should have been in the playoffs instead of garbage seed.

As I said, no one thought of building a team around him. He also had some incidents at the club in Boston and New York in his rookie year. That's why the Clippers pulled the trigger and got Chris Paul and tried to build around him not Griffin.

Griffin's rookie year is like Okafor's rookie year. I mean Okafor is a damn good player and will be a star but you can see that he has some mental issues. That's why Philly wouldn't want to build around him. Just like Griffin was to the Clippers in 2010.

Anyway, so yeah you can't find players like Towns who are "already" ready for NBA basketball. Once he is done with his rookie contract, I am pretty sure he will look for a way to leave that mess. Clearly this team can't win and forget about winning, can't even compete for playoff spot.
Foye

Post#351 » by Foye » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:58 am

DD12 wrote:Blake Griffin could not even play on his first year. How on the earth someone thought of building a team around him? No one of course thought of it for God's sake.

In fact his second year, he had Baron Davis, Bledsoe, Eric Gordon, DeAndre and Kaman. If I am not mistaken they won something like 35 games. I mean if he was that good, they should have been in the playoffs instead of garbage seed.

As I said, no one thought of building a team around him. He also had some incidents at the club in Boston and New York in his rookie year. That's why the Clippers pulled the trigger and got Chris Paul and tried to build around him not Griffin.

Griffin's rookie year is like Okafor's rookie year. I mean Okafor is a damn good player and will be a star but you can see that he has some mental issues. That's why Philly wouldn't want to build around him. Just like Griffin was to the Clippers in 2010.

Anyway, so yeah you can't find players like Towns who are "already" ready for NBA basketball. Once he is done with his rookie contract, I am pretty sure he will look for a way to leave that mess. Clearly this team can't win and forget about winning, can't even compete for playoff spot.

How should they have been in the playoffs? Because of the mighty Chris Kaman who has been been known for single-handedly putting teams out of the playoff picture his whole career? :roll:
If you need an example how good Kaman is at putting teams out of the playoff picture take Dallas Mavericks. Mavericks and Dirk have made the playoffs every **** year except for that single season where they had Chris Kaman. And they quickly corrected that mistake by sending him away after his first season.
And the same thing happened once again with the Lakers around Kobe and Gasol the season afterwards although Kobe was injured.
I literally can't believe you are trying to use this guy as an evidence that Griffin wasn't a player to build around. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Other than Griffin and Gordon they were a garbage team with a few talented undeveloped guys in Jordan and Bledsoe. No big deal they didn't make the playoffs. It doesn't take away anything from Griffins rookie year.

That current NY Knicks roster is surely not worse than what the Clippers had back then.
So why is "God Porzingis" not lifting the Knicks to playoffs and instead 1-9 over his last 10 games? Explain.
DD12
Assistant Coach

Post#352 » by DD12 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:55 pm

Guys make sure you set your lineups.
DD12
Assistant Coach

Post#353 » by DD12 » Thu Mar 3, 2016 5:58 pm

Honestly this is why i hate WB. Such a waste of talent with no brain.
Foye

Post#354 » by Foye » Sat Mar 5, 2016 10:20 am

Gotta love Kidds decision to make Giannis point guard. Now he is a triple double machine. :nod:
Batu7
Starter
And1: 248

Post#355 » by Batu7 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:30 pm

I tried my best to recover from my disastrous start, only to find out that the first 6 teams enter the playoffs.

Good luck to the ones left on the road to the championship. I'll try to be better next year.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."

- Vince Lombardi
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#356 » by truth18 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:39 pm

Batu7 wrote:I tried my best to recover from my disastrous start, only to find out that the first 6 teams enter the playoffs.

Good luck to the ones left on the road to the championship. I'll try to be better next year.

My season is over as well (and ATL's, no Dortmund representation :(). Made the playoffs in 2/3 of my leagues so there is that I guess, lol.

Don't forget about the consolation league to all that didn't make the playoffs :lol:

Hoping for a Massi/Foye match in the postseason as well. GL to everyone still in this.
YOU LOSE
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#357 » by Andi Obst » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:46 pm

6 teams in the playoffs? Does this mean there will be a bye week in the first round for the first and the second seed?
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#358 » by truth18 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:41 pm

Little Nathan wrote:6 teams in the playoffs? Does this mean there will be a bye week in the first round for the first and the second seed?

Yup, just click the playoff bracket thing to see how it works .
YOU LOSE
Foye

Post#359 » by Foye » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:13 am

F*cking Pelicans likely to shut AD down. Rip my chances in playoffs.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Re: AW: RE: Re: RealGM Soccer Board NBA Fantasy League 

Post#360 » by Andi Obst » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:27 am

Foye wrote:F*cking Pelicans likely to shut AD down. Rip my chances in playoffs.

Have him in my other league, it really sucks. But I expected this to happen at some point, the Pelicans have no reason to risk winning a couple of games because of him.

Seems like my fantasy teams are all falling apart at the worst possible time.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.

Return to The General Soccer Board