Official A.C. Milan Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Official A.C. Milan Thread 

Post#1 » by LittleOzzy » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:27 am

The official thread of Associazione Calcio Milan.
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Re: Official A.C. Milan Thread 

Post#2 » by J-Mezzy » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:39 am

Bacca has been quite nice this season, team is still not very good though
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
SashAlex
Lead Assistant
And1: 345

Post#3 » by SashAlex » Sun Mar 6, 2016 9:48 pm

Forza Milan! Wow, this topic is crowded!
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#4 » by J-Mezzy » Mon Mar 7, 2016 1:16 am

They win this weekend?
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
italbeans88
Junior
And1: 481

Post#5 » by italbeans88 » Mon Mar 7, 2016 8:09 am

J-Mezzy wrote:They win this weekend?

Lost :(
"Eddie Mush was a degenerate gambler. He was also the biggest loser in the whole world. They called him mush because everything he touched turned to mush."
KornelDavidFan
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#6 » by KornelDavidFan » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:26 pm

Still do not understand why ACM will rely on coaches such as Montella or Mihaijlovic...
Montella had a handful of so-so seasons with Fiorentina and that is pretty much it...

Squad is not as good as it could be.
If you add that you have a mediocre coach, then that is a recipe for disaster.
Under the impression this is going to be a long season.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#7 » by El Turco » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:10 pm

they've been building teams to avoid relegation, hopefully new owners serious about winning
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
KornelDavidFan
Ballboy

Post#8 » by KornelDavidFan » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:07 pm

Arda K wrote:they've been building teams to avoid relegation, hopefully new owners serious about winning

One would assume that with Chinese capitals, things should chance in terms of signings.
But again...if nothing changes in relation to the managers, then things will not be turned around that easily.
They can bring as many players as they want, but there is very much needed guidance that will have to come with better managers.
El Turco

Post#9 » by El Turco » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:34 pm

KornelDavidFan wrote:
Arda K wrote:they've been building teams to avoid relegation, hopefully new owners serious about winning

One would assume that with Chinese capitals, things should chance in terms of signings.
But again...if nothing changes in relation to the managers, then things will not be turned around that easily.
They can bring as many players as they want, but there is very much needed guidance that will have to come with better managers.

top notch managers are not going to flock to milan until they prove they can build a competent squad. either gonna have to get a young high potential coach or have placeholders until squad gets better.

KornelDavidFan
Ballboy

Post#10 » by KornelDavidFan » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:48 pm

Arda K wrote:
KornelDavidFan wrote:

top notch managers are not going to flock to milan until they prove they can build a competent squad. either gonna have to get a young high potential coach or have placeholders until squad gets better.

Agreed.
Still I feel that while definitely not a very attractive squad, ACM has enough resource to be a top-6 seeded team (behind Juve, Napoli, Roma, Inter and maybe Lazio) so I can only think that hiring Montella was just a way to gain some time while aiming at better things for the future.
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 354

Post#11 » by Det the Threat » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:05 pm

Well they seem to be really serious brining in all those Inter guys.

Even ex-players of other clubs are make fun of them. Del Pierro was asked which Milan legend could be a bet for a position in the front office and he joked that it was a close race between Javier Zanetti and Giuseppe Bergomi.
El Turco

Post#12 » by El Turco » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:47 pm

i wouldnt mind zanetti in some capacity

Gandalf
Junior
And1: 159

Post#13 » by Gandalf » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:27 pm

I don't agree the coach is the main problem here. Simply put, our squad sucks. We have been switching coaches for a couple of seasons now and nothing has changed. Bring some quality players and then be picky about the coach, cuse we sure ain't gonna bring Guardiola wtih how our squad is assembled.

Here's hope the new owners will be better, I don't mind Fassone and Mirabelli, they can't be worse than Galliani. I would make a stop there tho and also add some Milan legends. The problem is for example Maldini wants a very important role from a get go without any experience, like a sporting director, I truly wish for his return but he'd probably have to settle for a lower position. Albertini, Costacurta, Ambrosini, all are welcome too, hopefully at least some of them will join. We need to return to our winning roots.
MJ #23 G.O.A.T.
#FireHoiberg #FireGarPax
KornelDavidFan
Ballboy

Post#14 » by KornelDavidFan » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:28 pm

Gandalf wrote:I don't agree the coach is the main problem here. Simply put, our squad sucks. We have been switching coaches for a couple of seasons now and nothing has changed. Bring some quality players and then be picky about the coach, cuse we sure ain't gonna bring Guardiola wtih how our squad is assembled.

Here's hope the new owners will be better, I don't mind Fassone and Mirabelli, they can't be worse than Galliani. I would make a stop there tho and also add some Milan legends. The problem is for example Maldini wants a very important role from a get go without any experience, like a sporting director, I truly wish for his return but he'd probably have to settle for a lower position. Albertini, Costacurta, Ambrosini, all are welcome too, hopefully at least some of them will join. We need to return to our winning roots.

Agreed that the coach is not the main problem here, but still a good part of it.
Never in a thousand years I would have expected that someone like Mihaijlovic could end up managing ACM, let alone obtain good resutls. But at the same time, when Allegri was hired as the head coach, I believe he did not have that much experience and still managed to win with this team, having a much more talented squad to work with.
I would assume that reason behind having hired guys such as Sinisa and Vincenzo rely on the fact that since they are used to working along mediocre squads (Catania, Sampdoria, Fiorentina...) then someone must have through they could do wonders managing ACM...big mistake!.
While the squad is not as good as it could be, I still believe is a top-10 squad by all means, still falling short from what can be expected when you compete against the likes of Juve, Roma, Napoli, Inter. So I guess that more capable coaches could do a lot better with ACM's current squad. Hopefully time will prove me wrong.
Gandalf
Junior

Post#15 » by Gandalf » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:19 pm

I just don't see any other really better option...I mean, do you have any realistic ideas for a coach? Sadly Carlo rejected us, he'd do wonders, but still would be limited with this pathethic squad.
MJ #23 G.O.A.T.
#FireHoiberg #FireGarPax
KornelDavidFan
Ballboy

Post#16 » by KornelDavidFan » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:05 pm

Gandalf wrote:I just don't see any other really better option...I mean, do you have any realistic ideas for a coach? Sadly Carlo rejected us, he'd do wonders, but still would be limited with this pathethic squad.

Marcelo Bielsa.
Gandalf
Junior

Post#17 » by Gandalf » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:11 pm

Well, look what he has done to Lazio. :lol:
MJ #23 G.O.A.T.
#FireHoiberg #FireGarPax
KornelDavidFan
Ballboy

Post#18 » by KornelDavidFan » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:40 pm

Gandalf wrote:Well, look what he has done to Lazio. :lol:

Yeap that was way too strange.
According to the media here in Argentina, him leaving had to do with specific requests that he made by the time he was contacted by Lazio and that he claimed were very important towards starting the preseason.
Can't say that he was right, since he could have avoided signing in the first place, but still I will say that he is a very hard-working manager and I would personally love to see him coaching ACM some day.

Return to The General Soccer Board