2016 RealGM Soccer Board Draft - Group D (kdawg32086, Baphomet, Fury, sleepyPT)

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Group D - Round 3 Fixtures

Poll ended at Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:31 pm

Fury over sleepyPT
8%
sleepyPT over Fury
25%
Fury/sleepyPT draw
17%
Baphomet over kdawg
25%
kdawg over Baphomet
17%
Baphomet/kdawg draw
8%

Total votes: 12

Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,999

Re: 2016 RealGM Soccer Board Draft - Group D (kdawg32086, Baphomet, Fury, sleepyPT) 

Post#21 » by Fury » Wed Aug 3, 2016 12:31 am

And just for the record, Kroos, Banega, and Alves are some of the better crosses in La Liga. Salah is top 10 in Serie A in key passes, while both Salah and Perisic are inside the top 20 in assists. Vidal top 20 in key passes and assists dude does everything.
Matty
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Re: 2016 RealGM Soccer Board Draft - Group D (kdawg32086, Baphomet, Fury, sleepyPT) 

Post#22 » by Matty » Wed Aug 3, 2016 12:51 am

Fury wrote:
Matty wrote:kdawg32086 vs. sleepyPT = Strong midfield but the players up front could be better for kdawg. It's not good when I hear more about them scoring ex-wives than goals lol. Both have strong defences so it will be a close call decided by a goal and sleepy has more quality to counter attack and break down the 3-man back line so I'll give the advantage to him. Very tight match-ups though.

Baphomet over Fury = Once again, strong midfield but not enough to show for upfront. None of Chicarito/Perisic/Salah have that it factor to make something happen in that box area without solid wing support and against Baph who has that in Suarez and quick flank players in Costa and Carra, he needs minimal possession of the ball. This really could go either way simply because a Kroos-Vidal duo could command a 60% possession but we all know that means little when you don't have quality independent scoring. I've watched Chica enough to know he's a system player that needs guys like Bellarabi, or a united system of crossing every freaking ball in the box.

Dani Alves assisted Messi more than any other Barca player. Fullbacks and cbs get no respect in this competition.

That's also because they play on the same side of the pitch, and that has a little do to with Messi as well.

I'm sure the best player in the world won't miss a beat when he starts the season without Alves behind him.
Ted Lasso
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#23 » by Ted Lasso » Wed Aug 3, 2016 6:05 am

Fury, put your team back up please. Some of us haven't voted yet. You're being a child.

Still waiting for kdawg to let us know which lineup he is using, by the way. I'm surprised his match has received 10 votes already.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,626

Post#24 » by Baphomet » Wed Aug 3, 2016 11:35 am

sleepyvato
Suns Forum Tank Advocate
And1: 516

Post#25 » by sleepyvato » Wed Aug 3, 2016 12:21 pm

Ted Lasso wrote:
Still waiting for kdawg to let us know which lineup he is using, by the way. I'm surprised his match has received 10 votes already.

It's probably because people are just going with his Tiki-Taka formation as the default formation to judge his first match up. Now I can't say that he would have specified using the Tiki-Taka formation for the first match up but I can say that, this is the first formation he was working on way before the draft was even finished. I know this because we where playing a guessing game on what his formation was going to be and I eventually guessed it right.
Ted Lasso
General Manager

Post#26 » by Ted Lasso » Wed Aug 3, 2016 12:29 pm

sleepyvato wrote:
Ted Lasso wrote:

It's probably because people are just going with his Tiki-Taka formation as the default formation to judge his first match up. Now I can't say that he would have specified using the Tiki-Taka formation for the first match up but I can say that, this is the first formation he was working on way before the draft was even finished. I know this because we where playing a guessing game on what his formation was going to be and I eventually guessed it right.

I remember that, it's a good point. I might as well vote then. Doesn't look like kdawg is showing up soon anyway.

I will post my analysis of your match-up in a bit. As for Baph v Fury, i guess we'll have to wait for Fury to return from grade school and put his team back up.
sleepyvato
Suns Forum Tank Advocate

Post#27 » by sleepyvato » Wed Aug 3, 2016 12:34 pm

Ted Lasso wrote:
I remember that, it's a good point. I might as well vote then. Doesn't look like kdawg is showing up soon anyway.

I will post my analysis of your match-up in a bit. As for Baph v Fury, i guess we'll have to wait for Fury to return from grade school and put his team back up.

I actually have his formations and tactics saved for analyzing purposes, if you want, I could post them here so you can analyze the Baph vs Fury match up right away.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by Baphomet » Wed Aug 3, 2016 12:38 pm

sleepyvato wrote:
Ted Lasso wrote:

I actually have his formations and tactics saved for analyzing purposes, if you want, I could post them here so you can analyze the Baph vs Fury match up right away.

Good man, I was hoping that somebody would have done this. :D
sleepyvato
Suns Forum Tank Advocate

Post#29 » by sleepyvato » Wed Aug 3, 2016 12:41 pm

Here are Fury's formations and tactics.

Standard Offensive Formation:

Our team is driven by our midfield and the fullbacks. Kroos is the facilitator/organizer, who is able to hold his own helping out on defense. He is our most important player because he connects both sides of the field. Vidal is the box to box midfielder, and will be allowed to beast and roam both sides of the field. He is savvy enough to go forward and still get back on defense. Krychowiak is the destroyer and the shield for the front four. He is also good enough to make passes out of that holding position.

I selected Alves and Guerreiro because they are capable bombing down the field and getting back (Alves moreso). Perisic will help out Guerreiro on the left side and Alves going forward will allow Salah to become somewhat of a second striker/wide inverted forward.

Chicharito is the man in the middle, getting those passes from everyone else in the midfield. Salah is explosive, technically solid and a strong finisher from the right side.

Bench Players: Aduriz, Glik, Boufal, Banega

Alternative Formation:

If we want to get more offensive, we stick Aduriz with Chicharito in there and add Banega to add more facilitation and connection with the guys behind them. Alves and Guerreiro provide the width and Vidal and Kroos are capable enough to help cover.
Ted Lasso
General Manager

Post#30 » by Ted Lasso » Wed Aug 3, 2016 2:49 pm

kdawg32086 v sleepyPT: kdawg's shape can be made to work but not with these players. Not really much else to analyse. I don't like Griezmann out wide but this is still a win for sleepPT.

Baphomet v Fury: Draw for me. With Baph's collection of midfielders (and wingers who don't come inside), if you tell Matuidi to sit deep you're taking away his strength, all of a sudden creating a static midfield in key areas, giving in to Fury's stronghold, and allowing him to balance the game. Add to that the fact that it' as 4-3-3 v a 4-2-3-1 and you have a case where the teams neutralise each other for a draw, likely a 0-0. There are other reasons why i've arrived at that conclusion regarding the characteristics of the players involved but i don't want to say too much about this one. :D
sleepyvato
Suns Forum Tank Advocate

Post#31 » by sleepyvato » Wed Aug 3, 2016 2:56 pm

Ted Lasso wrote:kdawg32086 v sleepyPT: kdawg's shape can be made to work but not with these players. Not really much else to analyse. I don't like Griezmann out wide but this is still a win for sleepPT.

Well he starts out wide but he drifts inside the box on offense, with Alaba providing width on the left wing. :)
Ted Lasso
General Manager

Post#32 » by Ted Lasso » Wed Aug 3, 2016 3:03 pm

sleepyvato wrote:
Ted Lasso wrote:kdawg32086 v sleepyPT: kdawg's shape can be made to work but not with these players. Not really much else to analyse. I don't like Griezmann out wide but this is still a win for sleepPT.

Well he starts out wide but he drifts inside the box on offense, with Alaba providing width on the left wing. :)

He's not great at that though.
sleepyvato
Suns Forum Tank Advocate

Post#33 » by sleepyvato » Wed Aug 3, 2016 3:05 pm

Ted Lasso wrote:

Griezmann or Alaba?
Ted Lasso
General Manager

Post#34 » by Ted Lasso » Wed Aug 3, 2016 3:07 pm

sleepyvato wrote:
Ted Lasso wrote:

Griezmann or Alaba?

Griezmann
sleepyvato
Suns Forum Tank Advocate

Post#35 » by sleepyvato » Wed Aug 3, 2016 3:09 pm

Ted Lasso wrote:
Griezmann

Gotcha.

What are your thoughts on Eriksen out wide on the left wing/side?

Thanks for your thoughts.
Ted Lasso
General Manager

Post#36 » by Ted Lasso » Wed Aug 3, 2016 3:14 pm

sleepyvato wrote:
Ted Lasso wrote:
Griezmann

Gotcha.

Surprisingly good. He did it most of last season. I'm happy to comment.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by Baphomet » Wed Aug 3, 2016 3:16 pm

Just fyi Ted, I would never complain about someone voting against me. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. :)

I lost to a team with Sterling in it last year. Sterling!
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by Baphomet » Wed Aug 3, 2016 3:20 pm

Ted Lasso wrote:
sleepyvato wrote:
Ted Lasso wrote:
Griezmann

Gotcha.

Surprisingly good. He did it most of last season. I'm happy to comment.

Yeah, with Alli mostly playing through the middle it means Eriksen mostly plays out wide on the left side. It works, because he likes to cut inside and create from there, and it gives Danny Rose space to attack that flank. It works out pretty well for everyone involved.
Ted Lasso
General Manager

Post#39 » by Ted Lasso » Wed Aug 3, 2016 3:23 pm

Baphomet wrote:Just fyi Ted, I would never complain about someone voting against me. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. :)

I lost to a team with Sterling in it last year. Sterling!

Hahah yeah, i am well aware of that.

And neither would i ideally, but Foye did mention in my group's thread that Cavani might get in Messi's way on my team. I actually picked Cavani specifically because he is one of 4-5 high level strikers who can offensively share space with and defensively enable Messi in my personal opinion. So at the moment i'm trying to decide whether a tantrum is necessary. :D
CR7PT
Ballboy
And1: 26

Post#40 » by CR7PT » Wed Aug 3, 2016 3:23 pm

The reason we had Griezmann on the left and not Eriksen is because the latter is a better playmaker than the first and so he should be in a position were both forwards and striker can benefit from, the middle. However being Griezmann better in the centre of the field, we had him drift inside when attacking, as Alaba plays winger. That way we can use the most of all players abilities without having to compromise, imo.

Appreciate your vote, by the way :)

Return to The General Soccer Board