2016 RealGM Soccer Board Draft - Group D (kdawg32086, Baphomet, Fury, sleepyPT)

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Group D - Round 3 Fixtures

Poll ended at Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:31 pm

Fury over sleepyPT
8%
sleepyPT over Fury
25%
Fury/sleepyPT draw
17%
Baphomet over kdawg
25%
kdawg over Baphomet
17%
Baphomet/kdawg draw
8%

Total votes: 12

Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,626

Re: 2016 RealGM Soccer Board Draft - Group D (kdawg32086, Baphomet, Fury, sleepyPT) 

Post#61 » by Baphomet » Sun Aug 7, 2016 9:51 pm

sleepyvato wrote:These match ups where very tight, whoever said that this was the group of death had it right. :lol:

Good game Baph, it was an honor for me and CR to match up against you and your awesome team. :)

Late votes swung it for you guys. I was winning a few hours ago. :D

Definitely a close call. I was wondering why this group had fewer votes compared to the others though, strange.
sleepyvato
Suns Forum Tank Advocate
And1: 516

Re: 2016 RealGM Soccer Board Draft - Group D (kdawg32086, Baphomet, Fury, sleepyPT) 

Post#62 » by sleepyvato » Sun Aug 7, 2016 9:59 pm

Baphomet wrote:
Late votes swung it for you guys. I was winning a few hours ago. :D

Definitely a close call. I was wondering why this group had fewer votes compared to the others though, strange.

I see, I just got home about 30 minutes ago so I didn't really keep up with the polls today but it seems our match up was even more close than I thought. :D

That is weird but looking at the other groups, it seems everyone didn't vote. I'm guessing some people where just too busy or didn't care.
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,219

Post#63 » by J-Mezzy » Sun Aug 7, 2016 10:24 pm

Yes I'm sure lol. Sorry for the confusion
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
Ted Lasso
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#64 » by Ted Lasso » Mon Aug 8, 2016 6:00 am

Baphomet wrote:I was wondering why this group had fewer votes compared to the others though, strange.

Ours was also quite low, unfortunately. I did vote here but never got around to writing a detailed explanation.
sleepyvato
Suns Forum Tank Advocate
And1: 516

Post#65 » by sleepyvato » Mon Aug 8, 2016 9:05 pm

For the match up vs Fury:

2nd Formation: Line-up

Offensive & Defensive Mindset

Players' Roles
Note: Red is for the offensive mindset, Green is for the defensive mindset, Blue is for both.
Spoiler:
Bravo (Goalkeeper) – With 16 clean sheets and 3.40 saves per goal, the GK champion of La Liga and Copa del Rey is a wall between the posts and our first line of defense. He's also our captain.

Alaba (Full Back) - Should supplement his defensive responsibilities with providing extra width on the midfield and looking to cross or put in a through ball when the opportunity for each arises.

Hummels (Limited Defender) – His main job is to stop the opposing attacker (65% duels won per game), win the ball without giving away a free kick (0.6 fouls committed per game) and get it cleared safely up field in a no-nonsense manner. He’ll have a stopper duty, meaning that he’ll push ahead of the defensive line and close down players before they get to the area (83% successful take-ons per game). Plays on the left side providing backup to Alaba’s forward approach.

Dijk (Sweeper) – Drops behind the defensive line, aiming to sweep up through balls (7.79 clearances per game), pick up extra attackers (73% successful take-ons per game) and make goal saving tackles as well as blocks, covering for defensive errors and taking possession of loose balls from a deep position (2.82 interceptions per game). Plays on the right side since Aurier doesn’t venture much forward.

Aurier (Full Back) - Same role as Alaba's. Both won't venture much forward than the midfield. (2.95 tackles won, 3.43 interceptions and clearances, per game)

Kanté – On offense, he plays the role of Anchor Man, his main duty is to sit in the hole between the defense and the midfield and prevent counter-attacks by intercepting moves (4.22 per game), winning the ball (3.38 tackles won per game) and laying off simple passes to his more creative teammates. On defense, (Defensive Midfielder) he has the job to protect the defensive line from breaking attackers by closing down quickly, hold his ground and recycle possession from a deep position.

Tolisso - On offense, (Box-to-Box Midfielder) he’ll push up to support the forwards, often surging late into the box to get on the end of crosses and pull backs as well as providing a threat from distance (1.15 chances created and 0.97 key passes, per game). On defense, (Ball-winning Midfielder) his role shifts, with the main function of closing down the opposition and winning the ball (50% successful take-ons and 50% total duels, per game), while also helping keep possession and quickly lay it off to a more creative player (84% pass completion per game).

Parejo – On offense, (Attacking Midfielder) his role is to fashion chances for himself (11 goals), craft out chances for his forwards (1.27 chances created and 1.12 key passes, per game), alongside being a presence in the box to supplement the attack. On defense, (Box-to-Box Midfielder) he’ll help in the protection of the defensive line while harrying attacking midfielders (60% successful take-ons and 1 foul committed, per game).

Lamela – Being technically proficient as well as quick, on offense (Winger) Lamela aims to beat his man on the outside, ready to surge into space. When going forward, he’ll try and run at the defense in the final third, causing panic and indecision prior to shooting (12 goals) or attempting to make a through ball/cross to a teammate (9 assists). On defense, (Defensive Winger) he aims to press the opposing full backs (1.94 fouls committed and 1.59 tackles won, per game), win the ball high up the pitch (57% successful take-ons per game) and either hold it up for the rest of the team, drive to the byline or get in a quick cross or put in a through ball.

Eriksen – On offense, (Wide Playmaker) he’ll act as the team’s primary source of creativity, drifting inside to find space from which to play the killer ball and creating chances (2.89 key passes, 3.26 chances created, per game, and 14 assists). On defense, (Defensive Winger) he has the same role as Lamela. (1.17 tackles won, 1 interception, 53% successful take-ons, per game).

Griezmann – He possesses all the technical attributes of a Deep-Lying Forward, the goal scoring ability of a Poacher and the strength and power of a Target Man. He’s equally adept at playing with others, fashioning chances for himself and getting on the end of team’s moves. We feel that such player should simply be allowed to do his own thing and for that reason, he’ll be our Complete Forward, offensively. On defense, he’ll shift to Advanced Forward as it brings more contribution from him defensively.

Subs:
Ricardo Pereira – Our backup full back is able to play on both sides of the wing, focusing the most of his abilities on his defensive responsibilities (2.96 interceptions, 3.62 clearances and 3.12 tackles won, per game).
Calhanoglu – One of the most versatile players out there, he’s able to operate in a variety of positions and interpret all kinds of roles, from midfielder to attacking midfielder as well as forward, making him our trump card of the bench. The change of pace he can bring into the game, and the ability to craft out goal scoring opportunities like no other, either from crosses, cuts inside or shots from distance, are an essential part of our game (2.42 key passes, 2.58 chances created, per game, and 12 goals, 6 assists).
Giroud – Our second striker was chosen not only to differ from the previous one but to complement him as well. He has the strength, aggression, jumping reach and aerial presence (52% aerial duels won, per game, and 11 headed goals) that make him a great Target Man to play alongside Jonas. His finishing (54% shot accuracy, per game, and 31 goals) first touch, passing ability (8 assists) and defensive contribution that make him a great Advanced Forward when playing alone.
Jonas - Our first striker pick has made a lot of success this past season putting up unbelievable numbers that got him a spot between the 5 top scorers of Europe. Playing as Poacher and using the best of his abilities, Jonas sits on the shoulder of the last defender looking to break the defensive line and run onto through balls, with the main focus of scoring goals and sniffing out opportunities in and around the box. It was with this approach that he successfully scored 37 goals while also assisting 20 times, being 3rd and tied with Ronaldo in the race for Europe’s Golden Shoe.

Set Pieces and winning/losing situation
Spoiler:
Set piece taker: Eriksen. Then Lamela (except direct FK’s – Griezmann)
Penalty kick taker: Griezmann. Then Jonas.

2nd Formation – If winning: Move Alaba to CB, sub on Ricardo for Parejo and play with a 5-man defense.
2nd formation – If losing: Change to 1st formation, subbing on a striker for Tolisso. Fresh legs.

Specifics vs Fury:

Tolisso will be responsible for tightly marking Fury's best striker. He will make sure that Fury's striker gets no space or service through the middle thus forcing the striker to have to play on the wing, where he is weaker and ineffective.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#66 » by Baphomet » Mon Aug 8, 2016 9:43 pm

Tactics vs. kdawg

Since I can only assume that kdawg is defaulting with his tiki taka styled formation, I've gone with one very similar to my default with one alteration: Ezequiel Garay is in at center back over Umtiti. The reason for this is simple: Garay has 7cm more height, which will be handy for defensive and offensive set pieces. My goal is to frustrate kdawg's unit with a disciplined defensive effort and aggressive pressing and commitment, whilst still maintaining sufficient width and an attack prepared to build or counter.
Ted Lasso
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#67 » by Ted Lasso » Tue Aug 9, 2016 10:50 am

Fury v sleepyPT draw & Baph over kdawg for me
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#68 » by Baphomet » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:51 pm

sleepyPT defeats Fury - 3-1
Baphomet defeats kdawg - 3-2

sleepyPT & Baphomet qualify to quarter finals 1st & 2nd respectively

Return to The General Soccer Board