Lead Assistant
And1: 4,622

Re: Transfer Thread 11 - January Window 2018 

Post#501 » by jirrit » Wed Feb 7, 2018 2:14 pm

Next Coming wrote:
jirrit wrote:
Next Coming wrote:
Snowflake

get outta here man, bs calls you making while you got one of the biggest fees ever

I hope you guys don't get your independence

lol me neither :lol:
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,625

Post#502 » by Next Coming » Wed Feb 7, 2018 4:04 pm

jirrit wrote:
Next Coming wrote:
jirrit wrote:
get outta here man, bs calls you making while you got one of the biggest fees ever

I hope you guys don't get your independence

lol me neither :lol:

Then I hope you become independent lol
Ted Lasso
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#503 » by Ted Lasso » Thu Feb 8, 2018 12:59 pm

HIF wrote:Little Leicester telling the Mancs to put up or shut up making derisory last minute offers to unsettle a player with more goals and more assists since August 2015 then Couthino. hahahahahahahahaha

Despite his age, I get why Man City wanted Sanchez. He brings something different than their other wingers and provides an option up top. Mahrez doesn't do any of that so I'm surprised they were interested in him.

Having said that, let's not make a mockery of the term derisory. Everyone knows Leicester would have sold Mahrez to Roma over the summer for less than what Man City offered. At this point, I don't fully blame the player for losing it.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#504 » by HIF » Fri Feb 9, 2018 2:46 pm

Ted Lasso wrote:
HIF wrote:Little Leicester telling the Mancs to put up or shut up making derisory last minute offers to unsettle a player with more goals and more assists since August 2015 then Couthino. hahahahahahahahaha

Despite his age, I get why Man City wanted Sanchez. He brings something different than their other wingers and provides an option up top. Mahrez doesn't do any of that so I'm surprised they were interested in him.

Having said that, let's not make a mockery of the term derisory. Everyone knows Leicester would have sold Mahrez to Roma over the summer for less than what Man City offered. At this point, I don't fully blame the player for losing it.

And 2 years ago VVD wasn't the same price nor was couthino.

In case you didn't notice the transfer fee market has moved on - not to mention it was the final day of the January period with no time for getting in replcements.

You "big team" supporters really have no idea. but then again most "big team" supporters are not really team supporters they are success supporters and only follow a team because it wins.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Ted Lasso
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#505 » by Ted Lasso » Fri Feb 9, 2018 9:07 pm

HIF wrote:
Ted Lasso wrote:

In case you didn't notice the transfer fee market has moved on - not to mention it was the final day of the January period with no time for getting in replcements.

You "big team" supporters really have no idea. but then again most "big team" supporters are not really team supporters they are success supporters and only follow a team because it wins.

Two years? Please engage in these discussions in an honest way. We're talking about this past summer. The transfer market had already moved on last summer, so that's a non-starter. Leicester are essentially going back on their word and punishing Mahrez for remaining committed and continuing to perform for them after he had already made clear that he wanted out. That the offer came very late in the transfer window is a valid point, however that doesn't make City's offer derisory.

Nice to know Tottenham are a big team all of a sudden. I thought we were a small club with no ambition.
HIF
RealGM

Post#506 » by HIF » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:45 am

Ted Lasso wrote:
HIF wrote:
Ted Lasso wrote:

Two years? Please engage in these discussions in an honest way. We're talking about this past summer. The transfer market had already moved on last summer, so that's a non-starter. Leicester are essentially going back on their word and punishing Mahrez for remaining committed and continuing to perform for them after he had already made clear that he wanted out. That the offer came very late in the transfer window is a valid point, however that doesn't make City's offer derisory.

Nice to know Tottenham are a big team all of a sudden. I thought we were a small club with no ambition.

So you were a party to talks "2 years ago" when Mahrez claimed that the owners asked him to stay on and then they would let him go were you? :noway: It wasn't this summer that an agreement was supposedly made. Even if it was the only actual bid the owners got over the summer was £30m from Roma - which is ridiculous. Since then prices have rocketed and if you think a price of £50m and a player that Chelsea don't want (who is worth apparently £15m even though he's only played in the prem 3 times) isn't derisory then I want what you're smoking.

How much is Kane or Alli worth to you? Players that haven't won the player of the year or been in the Ballon d'or discussion? If you are happy to sell Kane for £50m or even £95m I'm sure teams will be happy to take him from you. Maybe you'd not think it derisory for Mancs to offer you £50m and a player they don't want.

As for Spurs being a big club - that's not me saying it - the media is all overboard about the "big 6" and for some reason Spurs are classed as that. I presume it's because you have a good W-L record in the league over the last few years but I wonder whether you were born the last time they actually won a trophy. They are most famous for finishing third in a 2 horse race in recent years. Having said that I think Spurs are a great team and would put them just behind the "elite teams" who have won trophies over recent years - though probably above Leicester.

My point however was that the media and so many fans think that teams not in the "BIG 6" have to roll over and sell to them simply because of their name.

Mahrez was/is under contract, Leicester have more than enough money that they don't need to cash in and yet we are the bad boys. Even worse than Southampton for not letting VVD go last year - as we see Liverpool have since come back with a decent offer - again which sets the price for a poty transfer if we feel we want it.

Personally I didn't want to sell Mahrez but if Mahrez really was mardy enough not to come to training and matches I'll happily let him go for a realistic fee - about £90m in the summer and move on.

Qhawe
Sixth Man
And1: 1,700

Post#507 » by Qhawe » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:10 pm

Does anyone know any good soccer streaming sites?

Boogie Williams: Favourite Raptor
HIF
RealGM

Post#508 » by HIF » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:46 pm

Qhawe wrote:Does anyone know any good soccer streaming sites?

Go to reddit soccer streams

HIF
RealGM

Post#509 » by HIF » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:46 pm

Ace player streams are normally great quality and reliable

Return to The General Soccer Board