2017-18 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Re: 2017-18 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread 

Post#61 » by JohnPferdelack » Fri Aug 4, 2017 9:23 pm

Foye wrote:Hoeneß and Rummenigge seem to have found a new marionette in Brazzo.

First Nerlinger, then Sammer and now Brazzo.

And the sad thing about is, that Reschke will leave the club and join Stuttgart. In my opinion, he handled serveral good aquisitions for Munich and it will be interesting to see if Brazzo will be a good replacement.

Another interesting venue could be Dortmund: With the transfer of Neymar to Paris, Barcelona has some players, who shall his gap in their squad. One possibilty is Dortmund's Dembele. According to L'equipe, representatives of Barcelona shall reach an agreement as soon as possible.
I would like to know how many € Dortmund want to have for an agreement and whether they will seek for an replacement for Dembele, 'cause their roster is still big.
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 354

Post#62 » by Det the Threat » Sat Aug 5, 2017 6:38 am

JohnPferdelack wrote:And the sad thing about is, that Reschke will leave the club and join Stuttgart. In my opinion, he handled serveral good aquisitions for Munich and it will be interesting to see if Brazzo will be a good replacement.

Well, that could actually be the step for Bayern to get Lahm into their office.
Salihamidzic's just a puppet to deflect some pressure off the team/club with some "funny" interviews and that's it.

Though, with Reschke gone, Lahm could actually be brought in next summer and given responsibilites he demanded before.
If so, his friends at Bild will be really happy, cause they get some nice stories and will be able to write more rosy reports about Bayern and Lahm's "leadership and scouting skills", even though no one knows if he's actually got any talent for the job...

JohnPferdelack wrote:Another interesting venue could be Dortmund: With the transfer of Neymar to Paris, Barcelona has some players, who shall his gap in their squad. One possibilty is Dortmund's Dembele. According to L'equipe, representatives of Barcelona shall reach an agreement as soon as possible.
I would like to know how many € Dortmund want to have for an agreement and whether they will seek for an replacement for Dembele, 'cause their roster is still big.

Well, Dembelé would be a typical Barca signing, meaning a young guy with loads of potential to become a great player.
It's rumored to be around €100M and Dortmund shouldn't settle for less, IMO.

Then Aki and Susi can go on and buy Schürrle, Rode and Götze 2.0...

BTW: We lost our final friendly yesterday 2-1 at Leicester City.
Was a solid game and unnecessary loss for us, with two really cheap goals against us.
The first one looked quite a bit offside and was a typical longball by Leicester to Vardy and the second goal was just way too easy.
Though, we had to play with Benes/Hofmann at CM for the second half, as Hecking took off our starting CM(Kramer, Zakaria) and with Strobl being carried off the pitch, with what looked like a longterm injury to his knee.

Interestingly, only Ginter and Zakaria made it into the starting eleven, with Grifo being on the bench as Hazard(very good game) and Traoré starting on the wings.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,456

Post#63 » by Foye » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:19 pm

I wonder where No_20 is celebrating todays 3:1 loss against a low level third league opponent while playing 11 vs 10 for 70 minutes lol

Gesendet von iPhone mit RealGM Forums
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,538

Post#64 » by Andi Obst » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:33 pm

It's just ridiculous how Dardai doesn't see that you can't play Kalou on the left wing. He's starting there for the third year in a row.

At some point he will have to see what everybody else is seeing, right?!
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
Foye

Post#65 » by Foye » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:59 pm

Little Nathan wrote:It's just ridiculous how Dardai doesn't see that you can't play Kalou on the left wing. He's starting there for the third year in a row.

At some point he will have to see what everybody else is seeing, right?!

The strategy at Hertha is to not buy competent wingers to ensure Dardai's son makes the first eleven?

Will be interesting to see if Hertha can keep getting results this season with additional EL games.
Andi Obst
General Manager

Re: RE: Re: 2017-18 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread 

Post#66 » by Andi Obst » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:09 pm

Foye wrote:The strategy at Hertha is to not buy competent wingers to ensure Dardai's son makes the first eleven?

I'll take Palko over Kalou on the wing. Honestly, though, I hope that Lazaro gets healthy soon and Dardai plays him over Kalou. Lazaro/Weiser doesn't look to bad in theory.

Foye wrote:Will be interesting to see if Hertha can keep getting results this season with additional EL games.

Yeah, it will. Especially since our weaknesses are still the same and the team isn't really deep at all positions.

Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#67 » by Andi Obst » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:23 pm

Great "fans" today. **** idiots. I'd rather have empty stadiums than this.

How sad is the life of those people? This is too much stupidity for me to understand.

Foye

Post#68 » by Foye » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:03 pm

Little Nathan wrote:Great "fans" today. **** idiots. I'd rather have empty stadiums than this.

How sad is the life of those people? This is too much stupidity for me to understand.

Honestly, I would've called it quits and promoted some randomly drawn 3rd, 4th or 5th league side instead of these teams to the next round lol.
Foye

Post#69 » by Foye » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:27 am

Is it just me or have a lot of teams done a very poor job in the transfer window so far?

Bad:
Augsburg - already on the brink of getting relegated last year, they have sold captain Verhaegh, Kohr went back to Leverkusen and they might sell Stafylidis, too.
The transfers are mainly no names, except for Gregoritsch - who wasn't all that impressing last year either.
They have to get of to a good start, otherwise they'll be in even deeper relegation trouble all year, IMO.

Hamburger SV - spend Kühnes money to buy:
- Andre Hahn who seems done since the Geis foul
- Papadopoulos who was already on the team last year so no improvement
- Pollersbeck who seems like a very expensive backup goalie since Mathenia remains starting GK
- van Drongelen (no idea)
Very unimpressing IMO. Gotta hope they get more out of their Brazilian signings from recent offseasons.

Hoffenheim - their biggest signing was Harvard freaking Nordtveidt for 8 mil. I'm sure Liverpool is already afraid lol. Definitely a flop candidate.

Schalke - Harit and Oczipka only notable transfers. :roll: Gotta hope for more from Konoplyanka/Bentaleb/Geis and the return of Embolo

Leverkusen
- Who the hell replaces Calhanoglu (ok he didn't play in the Rückrunde), Toprak and Chicharito? Kießling? Only notable signing Sven Bender. Lol.

Hannover
- Schwegler, Korb and Ostrzolek only notable signings. They are after Luuk de Jong but I have no idea how he is going to fit in the counter based approach they will have to play this season.

Solid offseasons:
Leipzig
- keeping the team together is very big for them and they got some youth talents for the future in Augustin, Bruma and Konate. Could maybe use another top transfer or two but not losing anything (except for Selke) is already very good for them.

Frankfurt - very active but it's going to take time until all these guys are integrated. Willems (although injured already), Salcedo, Kamada, de Guzmann, da Costa and Jovic all seem reasonably priced transfers and improvements. Falette is supposedly on it's way, too. Not a fan of their biggest signing Haller but maybe he proves me wrong.

Mainz - Diallo, Maxim, Fischer and Kodro. Decent transfer window and we only lost Cordoba. Could use another striker who will find the back of the net, though.

Gladbach - Losing Dahoud is a big blow but at least they got Zakaria. Grifo is a good signing. Ginter seems a little too pricy. Should've invested that money in another striker but maybe you are angetting other one Det?

Mediocre:

Bayern - getting James Rodriguez and Süle was very good. Not sure about Tolisso yet. Rudy was a mediocre move in the Rode mold that will generate them some cash next year.

Bayern literally haven't done anything at the wings. Only the stars know how often Ribery and Robben will be available in important games - and they have regressed. I guesss the plan is to play James at the wings sometimes but I don't think that's a good plan. Not a fan of Coman and who knows whether Müller will find the net again?

Dortmund - getting Dahoud and Zagadou was great, losing Ginter and Bender will hurt a little.
Don't think Toprak is an upgrade over Bender/Ginter might even be a downgrade.
This might turn out a terrible offseason for them (in terms of competitiveness, not money) if they go on to lose Dembele and/or Auba and can't replace them adequately.

Other mediocre offseasons: Stuttgart, Berlin, Wolfsburg, Freiburg, Bremen and Köln.

Overall, I think the league has gotten worse so far.
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#70 » by Andi Obst » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:56 pm

Leverkusen's summer has been the worst so far, IMO. They basically had a terrible last season and let the team become even worse. Their results in friendlies and the first round of the Cup have been unimpressive to say the least.

But then again, there is always this one team that has a terrible offseason and then has a great season out of nowhere. We'll see.

Det the Threat
Head Coach

Post#71 » by Det the Threat » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:45 pm

Foye wrote:Gladbach - Losing Dahoud is a big blow but at least they got Zakaria. Grifo is a good signing. Ginter seems a little too pricy. Should've invested that money in another striker but maybe you are angetting other one Det?

You asked, I deliver. 8-)

We've signed Raul Bobadilla from Augsburg.

Not a sexy signing but we were looking for an option B behind Stindl/Raffael und Boba's a good signing, especially for about €2M.
He's a really physical guy and similar to Cordoba, who Colog*** bought for more then eight times what we're paying.
He also knows the club and has gotten a lot more calm since his last time with us.

Overall, our success will hinge on our injury situation(was terrible all of last season) and how well Zakaria/Benes/Cuisance can adept, cause we won't have Strobl(torn ACL etc.) for most of the season.
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#72 » by Andi Obst » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:49 pm

Rudy to Süle for the first goal of the season for Hoffenh...uh...Bayern

Det the Threat
Head Coach

Post#73 » by Det the Threat » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:07 pm

That excitement watching Bayern play most of the other Bundesliga teams...
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#74 » by Andi Obst » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:13 pm

I'm not a fan of the video assistant as it is right now. We don't even know the person who makes the final call. Also, it seems like players will now complain even more and louder to get the ref to use the video assistant. Who/what decides when it is used?

Good idea, but it doesn't feel like it's used the way it should be right now IMO.

magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,097

Post#75 » by magik9113 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:12 pm

two great goals from Dortmund so far. Pulisic <3333 and Bartra with a superb chip from a tough angle
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#76 » by Andi Obst » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:25 pm

Perfect start.

Foye

Post#77 » by Foye » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:23 pm

I see we are still into losing against scrub teams.

Gesendet von iPhone mit RealGM Forums
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#78 » by Andi Obst » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:20 am

Nicolai Müller tears ACL while celebrating a goal. And all that after turning down a contract extension because he wanted more money.

I will admit it: I laughed.

Det the Threat
Head Coach

Post#79 » by Det the Threat » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:01 pm

Good start to the season, won the derby(like we usually do) but still have the same problems like last season in front of goal.

Anyways, I think the team looked solid and Zakaria had a solid start to his Gladbach career. Him and Kramer should win the ball quite a bit in midfield and help to be a bit more solid defensively.
Foye

Post#80 » by Foye » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:27 am

Little Nathan wrote:Nicolai Müller tears ACL while celebrating a goal. And all that after turning down a contract extension because he wanted more money.

I will admit it: I laughed.

He has always been a money whore.

I remember when we were in EL qualification and the dude forced his transfer to HSV. Now he tried the same at HSV but Karma is a bitch.

Return to The General Soccer Board