2017 RealGM Soccer Board Draft- Group D (Foye, J-Mezzy, mercgold3, BUCKnation)

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Group D - Matchday 3

Poll ended at Fri Aug 4, 2017 7:33 pm

Foye over BUCKnation
21%
BUCKnation over Foye
21%
Foye / BUCKnation DRAW
7%
J-Mezzy over mercgold3
7%
mercgold3 over J-Mezzy
43%
J-Mezzy / mercgold3 DRAW
No votes

Total votes: 14

kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 929

2017 RealGM Soccer Board Draft- Group D (Foye, J-Mezzy, mercgold3, BUCKnation) 

Post#1 » by kdawg32086 » Sun Jul 9, 2017 1:43 am

The Rules:

1. You will have 24 hours to PM your tactics to Baphomet before each round of polls open (this applies to the second round of fixtures and onwards, don't worry about it for the first polls, we already have the tactics in the thread). If you don't get your match day tactics sent to Baphomet in time, your default formation from the squads thread will be used.
2. Each voter will get 2 votes per poll, one for each matchup per round of polls. Yes, you are allowed to vote for yourself ;)
3. As per standard group stage rules, you will get 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, and 0 for a loss.
4. Tiebreakers in the group stage are determined thusly in this order: Head-to-head vote differential > overall vote differential (think goal difference) > total votes
5. When the group phase is finished, we enter the last 8 knockout phase, where the winner of Group A will play the runner-up of group B, and vice versa. The winner of Group C will play the winner of Group D, and vice versa.

Group D: Foye, J-Mezzy, mercgold3, BUCKnation

Match Day 1:

-Foye vs. J-Mezzy (5-3)
-mercgold3 vs. BUCKnation (4-3)

Match Day 2:

-Foye vs. mercgold3 (4-4)
-J-Mezzy vs. BUCKnation (3-5)

Match Day 3:
-Foye vs. BUCKnation (3-3)
-J-Mezzy vs. mercgold3 (1-6)

Code: Select all

W      D      L      Pts   +/-
mercgold3             2      1      0      7     +6
Foye                  1      2      0      5     +2
BUCKnation            1      1      1      4     +1
J-Mezzy               0      0      3      0     -9
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,456

Re: 2017 RealGM Soccer Board Draft- Group D (Foye, J-Mezzy, mercgold3, BUCKnation) 

Post#2 » by Foye » Sun Jul 9, 2017 11:08 am

Subs:
Tielemans
Mata
Jemerson
Modeste
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Re: 2017 RealGM Soccer Board Draft- Group D (Foye, J-Mezzy, mercgold3, BUCKnation) 

Post#3 » by Merc_Porto » Sun Jul 9, 2017 9:19 pm

Subs:

Lovren
Emre Can
Wijnaldum
Pedro Rodriguez
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,938

Post#4 » by BUCKnation » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:59 am

Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,623

Post#5 » by Baphomet » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:54 am

I've been informed that J-Mezzy is very busy at the moment, so he'll be using his default tactics going into his match with Foye and possibly all matches. Just thought I'd let you all know for judging purposes.

Substitutes

Radamel Falcao
José Callejón
Gabi
Davinson Sánchez
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,214

Post#6 » by J-Mezzy » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:35 pm

Thanks for your help. On vacation in DC so been busy. Good luck to all
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#7 » by treiz » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:34 pm

My word this group is a nightmare to speculate on, I'm going to be a bit honest here and provide a bit of a disclaimer and say that any of the results I give for this group can vary day-to-day. For me, it's that difficult to judge. Anyway...

Foye vs. J-Mezzy

Classic case of possession vs. counter-attack matchup with this one, and one I'm really having a hard time to gauge just because I feel like if these teams played 100 times, it would be a 51/49 split. These are those matchups where anything can happen, it all depends upon execution.

Now saying that, I would have to give the 51 to Foye. I feel like his possession game is beyond elite with that midfield trio of Kroos/Thiago/Matuidi will make up for the Mascherano/Sule pairing. You can't cause problems to a defence if you don't have the ball. Dzeko is a great all-around striker and having players with great pace and great production from the wide areas in Dembele/Robben running in behind, I can just see Kroos and Thiago having a field day picking out passes. As much as I like Casemiro in front of Pepe/Martinez, the quick movement in possession, constant switching, the defence being constantly stretched out due to Robben/Dembele is I feel too much to handle, even if they cut in having Luis/Kimmich provide the width would just be tough to handle.

Decision: Foye wins.

mercgold3 vs. BUCKnation

Again, another really tough one to judge because I feel both teams are very balanced throughout and they also used formations that compliments the whole team. This is one of those case where it's the brute strength/physicality of BUCK vs. the finesse of mercgold. That front 4 of mercgold is nasty and one where I imagine would move around and be incredibly fluid, those 4 wouldn't have any set positions but just use any space available and with each's technical ability could cause problems for anyone. On the other hand, the physicality of a Ronaldo/Lacazette with Nainggolan/Bruno running amok all over the midfield I feel would be too much for Ramsey/Dier to handle. That back 5 of BUCK does have the physicality, tactical nouse and pace to handle mercgold's front 4.

Decision: BUCKnation wins.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#8 » by and1GS » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:16 pm

Again apologies for the brevity, buuuuutttt.....

Buck over mercgold

The attacking on Buck is phenomenal, but i think this comes down to me thinking a Dier/ Ramsey partnership wouldn't be any good. Seems like something a club with ambitions of Everton or Southampton would piece together. That said Buck's defense is suspect, but he can easily shift to 5 back should they get a lead. And his CM pairing likely runs the North Londoners off the pitch. I suppose anything can happen with Messi and in form Mbappe, but giving this one to the more stable side.

Mezzy drops all 3 points in an absolute stunner to Foye

**** this was hard. I really like both teams and they're built perfectly for their styles. It's 1-0 either way IMO...But I had to go with Foye. Stepping out the door but that midfield just isn't losing the ball and the wingers stretch the pitch enough to always produce passing lanes to work with. Kimmich at RB is cheeky and you're adding another exemplary passer with him out there. Attacking 3 of Mezzy is well done though.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Baphomet » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:05 pm

Matchday 1

Foye

Foye wrote:Image
Subs:
Tielemans
Mata
Jemerson
Modeste

vs.

J-Mezzy

Substitutes

Radamel Falcao
José Callejón
Gabi
Davinson Sánchez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

mercgold3

mercgold3 wrote:Image

Subs:

Lovren
Emre Can
Wijnaldum
Pedro Rodriguez

vs.

BUCKnation

Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Baphomet » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:02 pm

Matchday 2

Foye

Subs:
Tielemans
Mata
Jemerson
Modeste

vs.

mercgold3

Subs:

Lovren
Wijnaldum
Aaron Ramsey
Pedro Rodriguez

---------------------------------------------------------------

J-Mezzy

Substitutes

Radamel Falcao
José Callejón
Gabi
Davinson Sánchez

vs.

BUCKnation

Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Baphomet » Wed Aug 2, 2017 7:44 pm

Matchday 3

Foye

Subs:
Tielemans
Mata
Jemerson
Modeste

vs.

BUCKnation

------------------------------------------------------

J-Mezzy