Head Coach
And1: 354

Re: 2017-18 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread 

Post#903 » by Det the Threat » Sun May 27, 2018 7:34 am

humanrefutation wrote:
Read on Twitter

Like I've said before.
Ramos "Man of the Match".
First he takes out Salah(I doubt he really went into it to badly injure him, but he knew what he was doing and didn't mind risking an injury of the player) and then that.

But I'm pretty sure hardly anyone will really talk about it and on the other side, that Liverpool had about 60 minutes to react to it and finished the game with one yellow card.
That's also a reason why they lost, cause everyone knew what Ramos had done and they didn't really get back at them(not trying to injure players, but putting in a couple of solid tackles) for it.
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#904 » by The_Brecht » Sun May 27, 2018 8:55 am

JohnPferdelack wrote:Very sad for Klopp...
Could be the easiest CL-year for Real, couldn't be?

After beating PSG, Bayern and Juve, that's your statement?
C'mon.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
The_Brecht
Starter

Post#905 » by The_Brecht » Sun May 27, 2018 8:57 am

And it's karma for benching Mignolet for no reason.

- Dust means thirsty.
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#906 » by JohnPferdelack » Sun May 27, 2018 10:11 am

The_Brecht wrote:

C'mon.

PSG - overrated team!
Bayern - Bayern had their chances....and Real "had" Ullreich.
Juve - lucky.
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,217

Post#907 » by lambchop » Sun May 27, 2018 11:02 am

Det the Threat wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
Read on Twitter

Like I've said before.
Ramos "Man of the Match".
First he takes out Salah(I doubt he really went into it to badly injure him, but he knew what he was doing and didn't mind risking an injury of the player) and then that.

But I'm pretty sure hardly anyone will really talk about it and on the other side, that Liverpool had about 60 minutes to react to it and finished the game with one yellow card.
That's also a reason why they lost, cause everyone knew what Ramos had done and they didn't really get back at them(not trying to injure players, but putting in a couple of solid tackles) for it.

But it's also on Karius to signal that he needs to be subbed out, if it's a concussion. Cause that performance was just putrid
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#908 » by Andi Obst » Sun May 27, 2018 11:30 am

Really a terrible year of CL football. This Real team is not that good, the other teams still managed to be worse.

Oh and **** Sergio Ramos.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
The_Brecht
Starter

Post#909 » by The_Brecht » Sun May 27, 2018 11:44 am

JohnPferdelack wrote:
The_Brecht wrote:

C'mon.

PSG - overrated team!
Bayern - Bayern had their chances....and Real "had" Ullreich.
Juve - lucky.

Still al three champions in their domestic league.
Easy is not the right word.

- Dust means thirsty.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#910 » by HIF » Sun May 27, 2018 11:55 am

No need to look for excuses - and I quickly mention that a lot of Liverpool fans aren't.

Better team on the night won easily.

Liverpool need to score first and early to win games - they had 30 mins with Salah and didn't look like scoring. It was clear that Real would weather the enthusiastic closing down and be the better team later in the game.

Congrats to RM fans.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,019

Post#911 » by humanrefutation » Sun May 27, 2018 5:57 pm

HIF wrote:No need to look for excuses - and I quickly mention that a lot of Liverpool fans aren't.

Liverpool need to score first and early to win games - they had 30 mins with Salah and didn't look like scoring.

Did you actually watch the game? Because that's frankly untrue. Liverpool looked dangerous in those first 25-30 minutes and dictated the pace. To say that they needed to score early isn't entirely accurate - they have won many matches this season by building momentum and dropping the hammer at the end of the first half and during the first 15-20 minutes of the second half.

I'm not saying that they would have won with Salah, but the match would have been considerably more compelling with him on the pitch - especially considering that, but-for Karius's blunders, it was a 1-1 match.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,456

Post#912 » by Cactus Jack » Sun May 27, 2018 6:11 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
HIF wrote:No need to look for excuses - and I quickly mention that a lot of Liverpool fans aren't.

Liverpool need to score first and early to win games - they had 30 mins with Salah and didn't look like scoring.

Did you actually watch the game? Because that's frankly untrue. Liverpool looked dangerous in those first 25-30 minutes and dictated the pace. To say that they needed to score early isn't entirely accurate - they have won many matches this season by building momentum and dropping the hammer at the end of the first half and during the first 15-20 minutes of the second half.

I'm not saying that they would have won with Salah, but the match would have been considerably more compelling with him on the pitch - especially considering that, but-for Karius's blunders, it was a 1-1 match.

That falls mainly on Klopp & the club for not providing better depth behind the starters. It's been a problem all season. Completely different team without Mo on the pitch. One injury to VVD as well, and the club is also in big trouble (Exposing Lovren). This Summer should be about adding more depth to the squad as a whole. Another Keeper, CB, MF, etc.

Madrid meanwhile has Bale coming off the bench. Must be nice. :roll:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#913 » by humanrefutation » Sun May 27, 2018 6:16 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:

That falls mainly on Klopp & the club for not providing better depth behind the starters. It's been a problem all season. Completely different team without Mo on the pitch. One injury to VVD as well, and the club is also in big trouble (Exposing Lovren). This Summer should be about adding more depth to the squad as a whole. Another Keeper, CB, MF, etc.

Madrid meanwhile has Bale coming off the bench. Must be nice.

It takes years to build that kind of depth, especially with missing Ox, Lallana, Can, and Matip down the stretch.

I suspect this window will help him add a few more pieces. Keita already on the way in. Maybe Fekir or Lemar. Make a run at Alisson or Oblak.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,456

Post#914 » by Cactus Jack » Sun May 27, 2018 6:22 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:

It takes years to build that kind of depth, especially with missing Ox, Lallana, Can, and Matip down the stretch.

I suspect this window will help him add a few more pieces. Keita already on the way in. Maybe Fekir or Lemar. Make a run at Alisson or Oblak.

Ox going down was a big blow no doubt. Lallana is useful. But, he can't be counted on in that spot imo. Again, that goes back to lacking depth behind the front three. Not having Coutinho in that instance came back to bite them.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#915 » by humanrefutation » Sun May 27, 2018 6:25 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:That falls mainly on Klopp & the club for not providing better depth behind the starters. It's been a problem all season. Completely different team without Mo on the pitch. One injury to VVD as well, and the club is also in big trouble (Exposing Lovren). This Summer should be about adding more depth to the squad as a whole. Another Keeper, CB, MF, etc.

Ox going down was a big blow no doubt. Lallana is useful. But, he can't be counted on in that spot imo. Again, that goes back to lacking depth behind the front three. Not having Coutinho in that instance came back to bite them.

I should also mention Ben Woodburn, Harry Wilson, and hopefully Rhian Brewster (if he doesn't leave for the Bundesliga) could be nice squad pieces next season.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,312

Post#916 » by coldfish » Mon May 28, 2018 1:21 pm

Liverpool really dominated the first 20 minutes or so. After that Salah injury, Real absolutely dominated the game.

Real Madrid is a very good, but not great team. They are vets and did exactly what they had to to win. Liverpool's issues with GK and lack of depth were exposed. As a Liverpool fan, I think the Salah injury was one of the dirtiest things I have seen in sports. That said, I'm not sure it changes the game. Liverpool eventually would have tired and then Real would have dominated, pulled from their stacked bench and won. When you look at the whole roster and add in the experience factor RM was clearly the better team.
ardee
RealGM
And1: 5,235

Post#917 » by ardee » Tue May 29, 2018 4:52 am

coldfish wrote:Liverpool really dominated the first 20 minutes or so. After that Salah injury, Real absolutely dominated the game.

Real Madrid is a very good, but not great team. They are vets and did exactly what they had to to win. Liverpool's issues with GK and lack of depth were exposed. As a Liverpool fan, I think the Salah injury was one of the dirtiest things I have seen in sports. That said, I'm not sure it changes the game. Liverpool eventually would have tired and then Real would have dominated, pulled from their stacked bench and won. When you look at the whole roster and add in the experience factor RM was clearly the better team.

Definitely worse than last year IMO.
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,625

Post#918 » by Next Coming » Tue May 29, 2018 3:09 pm

LOL! I'm stunned at how well I took that L on Saturday. Sucks that we gave them two freebies but that Bale goal deserved to be the winner. SENSATIONAL!
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#919 » by CalamityX12 » Tue May 29, 2018 3:09 pm

This wasn't Real's strongest team in the last 4-5 campaigns but hats off to my boys. Didn't think we would pull it off(save Ramos' sneaky dirty play) but 3 in a row!!!!!

Hala Madrid!

Defeated The French, Italian, German Champions en route to beating England's strongest CL team this year.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#920 » by CalamityX12 » Tue May 29, 2018 3:10 pm

Unlucky and terrible from Liverpool goalie, felt bad for him.

Bale's goal... left me shaking! lol
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.

Return to The General Soccer Board