Is PSG the new Real Madrid/Barcelona?

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

TheTrooper
Senior
And1: 550

Re: Is PSG the new Real Madrid/Barcelona? 

Post#21 » by TheTrooper » Sun Aug 6, 2017 7:39 pm

Team LeBron wrote:Why does the french national team resemble the african all star team more than that of a french nationality?

How would their all white team even look like ?
3-5-2 maybe since they dont have any white wings.
Lloris - Digne - Koscielny - Laporte - Mathieu - Jallet - Koziello - Rabiot - Cabaye - Griezman - Giroud

subs : Costil, Corchia,Morel,Le Marchand,Perrin, Gameiro, Thauvin, Sanson, Lopez, Toulalan etc.

Good team with at least 2 world class players,but team that is way behind Spain,Germany and Argentina.
remi_222
Pro Prospect
And1: 636

Post#22 » by remi_222 » Mon Aug 7, 2017 7:23 am

TheTrooper wrote:
Team LeBron wrote:Why does the french national team resemble the african all star team more than that of a french nationality?

Lloris - Digne - Koscielny - Laporte - Mathieu - Jallet - Koziello - Rabiot - Cabaye - Griezman - Giroud

subs : Costil, Corchia,Morel,Le Marchand,Perrin, Gameiro, Thauvin, Sanson, Lopez, Toulalan etc.

Good team with at least 2 world class players,but team that is way behind Spain,Germany and Argentina.

That's such a stupid question !! i really don't see the point of this ! It's like wondering what would be the white US bball team !
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,453

Post#23 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Aug 7, 2017 7:51 am

remi_222 wrote:
TheTrooper wrote:

That's such a stupid question !! i really don't see the point of this ! It's like wondering what would be the white US bball team !

My teachers use to always say, "There's no such thing, as a stupid question!" :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
remi_222
Pro Prospect

Post#24 » by remi_222 » Mon Aug 7, 2017 8:31 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
remi_222 wrote:
TheTrooper wrote:How would their all white team even look like ?

My teachers use to always say, "There's no such thing, as a stupid question!" :wink:

i buy it
Oscar9992
Analyst
And1: 2,935

Post#25 » by Oscar9992 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:05 pm

More like new Man City than new Barcelona or Real Madrid.
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#26 » by The_Brecht » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:18 pm

Oscar9992 wrote:More like new Man City than new Barcelona or Real Madrid.

There's a reason they call it the Ca$hico.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
TorontoRapsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,367

Post#27 » by TorontoRapsFan » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:06 am

:lol:
Forget the airplane, and sea faring ships and the fact that our penises have a brain of their own and babies happen the way they do...

Basic wiki search
The modern ethnic French are the descendants of Celts, Iberians, Ligurians, Italic peoples (including Romans) and Greeks in southern France,[34][35] later mixed with large group of Germanic peoples arriving at the end of the Roman Empire such as the Franks the Burgundians, Alamanni and Goths,[36] Moors and Saracens in the south,[37][38][39][40][41][42][43] and Scandinavians, Vikings who became, by mixing with the local population, the Normans and settled mostly in Normandy in the 9th century.[44]
TheTrooper
Senior

Post#28 » by TheTrooper » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:07 pm

remi_222 wrote:
TheTrooper wrote:

Why stupid ? It's a freaking forum, if not in here where else to discuss these hypothetical questions ? What would the US bbal team look like with only white players has been discussed, If Im not wrong there were some topics on the general board about an all white team and how good would it be.

The poster that I quoted had a point, your football NT is monochromatic. And not just in football,in almost every sport in France there are very very few good white athletes even though whites make up 80-85% of your population. France is not the only country in Europe with a large immigrant population, but the only one with almost no white athletes,so it got me wondering how on earth a white French NT would look like since there are very very few white French players (considering the population size of the white population there).
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,286

Post#29 » by CS707 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:07 am

I know there are some bottom feeders in La Liga but that team PSG played today didn't even look professional.
Hellcrooner
Veteran
And1: 2,134

Post#30 » by Hellcrooner » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:58 am

TheTrooper wrote:
remi_222 wrote:

Why stupid ? It's a freaking forum, if not in here where else to discuss these hypothetical questions ? What would the US bbal team look like with only white players has been discussed, If Im not wrong there were some topics on the general board about an all white team and how good would it be.

The poster that I quoted had a point, your football NT is monochromatic. And not just in football,in almost every sport in France there are very very few good white athletes even though whites make up 80-85% of your population. France is not the only country in Europe with a large immigrant population, but the only one with almost no white athletes,so it got me wondering how on earth a white French NT would look like since there are very very few white French players (considering the population size of the white population there).

Yes probably they have the largest number of inmigrant and sons/grandsons/grand grand sons of people that came from their colonys in europe.

And probably second is not close in numbers.

So that has to matter.

Its also happens that most of that population is from Africa both northern/muslim africa and middle/south " black" africa.

In UK for example even if teres a great amount of inmigration is more bout India/pakistan/ Asia in general with africans not being as prominent a group as in france.

Germany? is mostly Turkish inmigration and East europe inmigration.
Spain? mostly south american inmigration and some muslim africa too.
TheTrooper
Senior

Post#31 » by TheTrooper » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:20 am

Hellcrooner wrote:
TheTrooper wrote:
remi_222 wrote:

Yes probably they have the largest number of inmigrant and sons/grandsons/grand grand sons of people that came from their colonys in europe.

And probably second is not close in numbers.

So that has to matter.

Its also happens that most of that population is from Africa both northern/muslim africa and middle/south " black" africa.

In UK for example even if teres a great amount of inmigration is more bout India/pakistan/ Asia in general with africans not being as prominent a group as in france.

Germany? is mostly Turkish inmigration and East europe inmigration.
Spain? mostly south american inmigration and some muslim africa too.

England has about 2.6 million black or mixed with black people which represent around 4.6% of the population.
In France the estimate for black people goes from 3-7% or in numbers 1.8-5 million people. That is comparable to the English and yet the English have a higher proportion of white players in every NT (senior, U-21, U-19 etc.).
The share of black players in the French junior teams is even higher than in the senior team and it has been ever since I remember. While in England the share of black players in the junior NT is roughly the same as with the senior team.

I think there is a problem somewhere down the line with the French system. Most of their white players have never played for any of the French junior teams of have had huge brakes between their junior & senior NT making their debuts in their late 20's.
It's also a matter of production. It really doesn't matter how the teams looks like if the best players available play, but there are not as many good white French players around even though they have a large population.I really had a hard time making a 23 white men squad for France.

Look at Germany and how many ethnic German players they are producing over the years (I will not count the white non-Germans). Black are over represented too in German football, but there is a s-load of non-Immigrant talent too.
Spain is doing well too with very few players of immigrants background. England has more native talent. The Dutch are struggling at the moment, but they still pop up a solid amount of white players. Their team has always been multiracial and has had the same share of immigrants-non immigrants on their team for 20 years.They have never been a majority-minority team even though they have similar share of Africans in their society as France.
The small countries of former Yugoslavia produce more good players than "white France" with their **** infrastructure.
remi_222
Pro Prospect

Post#32 » by remi_222 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:58 pm

TheTrooper wrote:
remi_222 wrote:

I was quoting "Team Lebron" for this stupid question, but also you because you respondes serioulsy following his stupid question.
The reason it stupid is the the interogation itself, it's more how it's presented as a problem for France.
Not having a lot of white players representing my country is not a problem to me, and i don't even ask this question to myself because it's stupid ! But wondering why the majority of atheles in France come from the immigration is a way better way to study the question.

People posted before me why and how France has a large number of immigrants (thx to Victoriarapfans to show that France isn't an land of immigration since France colonialized West Africa and northern Africa, but way before that), and most of them are victims of discrimination, just like any country around the world.
Being discriminated, one of the only way for them to shine is entertainment (music, sport, dance), because unfortunately our societies
reproduces the same mistakes over and over thinking that immigrants (black and arabic) are here to serve us and entertain us, while they have as much as us to offer anywhere they are !
Staying in their neighbourhood, with most of the time a huge rate of unemployment in France, just like afro americans in guetto who spend the whole day playing bball, baseball or US football, french people born in France, raised in France and for the majority barely even saw their paren'ts country (mostly west africans and arabic) play football, bball while kids from white french kids are studying and going to college.
The french system looks like the US system for this point. The lack of integration leads these discriminated kids to dream ONLY through sport and music because they have no ther choice, they don't have any role intelectual role model promoted in France that would make them dream about doing something else.

You only see the monochromatic caracteristic of my NT - thinking it's a problem- while i see gifted kids, whatever the skin color they have.
That's why it's stupid
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#33 » by JohnPferdelack » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:15 pm

At this time: No!
PSG could be the french Bayern Munich, which could dominate their own league for the next years. But now, that is only an assumption. We rather have to wait if there can evolve a team, which has the could have the ability to gain the important trophys.
Right now, it is only a rich club, which buys players from other teams...
TheTrooper
Senior

Post#34 » by TheTrooper » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:30 am

remi_222 wrote:I was quoting "Team Lebron" for this stupid question, but also you because you respondes serioulsy following his stupid question.
The reason it stupid is the the interogation itself, it's more how it's presented as a problem for France.
Not having a lot of white players representing my country is not a problem to me, and i don't even ask this question to myself because it's stupid ! But wondering why the majority of atheles in France come from the immigration is a way better way to study the question.

You maybe don't see it,but it is a problem.It alienates football from the white kids/population. Kids usually identify with a member of their own community/race/culture. And white people for the time being are your biggest population pool and the majority of the kids in France are white and will be in the following few decades at least.

I believe that there is something wrong in your system. Very early on it favors athletically superior players, or players that have matured early and they usually happen to be black. That is why you have far less whites in your youth teams than in your senior team and why so many good white players have never played or have very few youth NT games under their belts. Many talented white kids just get rejected early on and only the most persistent become professionals.
Hell Griezmann was rejected in every club he tired in France because of his lightweight frame and if it wasn't for a coincidence that a Sociedad scout was watching one of his trial games he would have never become a football player. Ribery was snubbed by Lille for being too small. And this are world class players we are talking about today.

That in combination with the few opportunities other than sports that black people have in France gives you this current results.
remi_222
Pro Prospect

Post#35 » by remi_222 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:57 pm

TheTrooper wrote:
remi_222 wrote:I was quoting "Team Lebron" for this stupid question, but also you because you respondes serioulsy following his stupid question.

You maybe don't see it,but it is a problem.It alienates football from the white kids/population. Kids usually identify with a member of their own community/race/culture. And white people for the time being are your biggest population pool and the majority of the kids in France are white and will be in the following few decades at least.

I believe that there is something wrong in your system. Very early on it favors athletically superior players, or players that have matured early and they usually happen to be black. That is why you have far less whites in your youth teams than in your senior team and why so many good white players have never played or have very few youth NT games under their belts. Many talented white kids just get rejected early on and only the most persistent become professionals.
Hell Griezmann was rejected in every club he tired in France because of his lightweight frame and if it wasn't for a coincidence that a Sociedad scout was watching one of his trial games he would have never become a football player. Ribery was snubbed by Lille for being too small. And this are world class players we are talking about today.

That in combination with the few opportunities other than sports that black people have in France gives you this current results.

Have you ever been in France ?? It's not because you read it that it's true ! You need to come over here and see by your own eyes man !
Just watch french rugby games and then tell me if we don't have white kids who don't have the same abilities !

Also, making quotas or statistics based on race is illegal in France just because then it leads people to have the same thought that you have, wanting to control people destiny through their caracteristics !
The problem is social, not based on the physical abilities ! There is an everyday discrimination towards minorities, they have a way harder access to an intelectual future than the white community, ...etc the whole ignorance/stupidity package makes these minorities frustrated, and because of this they can't dream, have a way harder road to achieve their goals compare to white kids.

This problem is in every stage of the french society, and football is the best exemple. It reflects perfectly how an average non white kid dream about : football or music, entertainment in general because, again, there isn't non white intelectuals on TV or somewhere else who could be a different role model for them than artists or athletes.
White kids love football as much as the other kids, they are as skilled, as good ! But black or arabic kids in lost hoods are in mission, their families (either in France or African countries) count on them, while the white kids have (not all the time of course) a better family situation and have better chances to reach goals because of their european origins.

That is the root of the problem, and absolutely not because black people are taller and faster !!
sovietchild
Sophomore
And1: 37

Post#36 » by sovietchild » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:11 pm

http://www.espnfc.us/report?gameId=495308

How many teams can do that to Bayern Munich?
Ted Lasso
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#37 » by Ted Lasso » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:31 am

They actually weren't particularly impressive yesterday. Did they spend all that money to become a counter-attacking team and park a bus? Is that the path to becoming Barcelona and Real Madrid?

Bayern Munich were disastrously open in transition and while there is an element of a lack of proper talent in midfield, i suspect the real reason is that neither the board nor a portion of the players support Ancelotti.

Alas, last night's match is anecdotal. It took Barcelona and Real Madrid decades to become what they are. Their symbiotic relationship aids each other's status. And they have a built-in advantage with South American players that PSG will never replicate. Assuming he maintains his elite status, if Neymar doesn't start angling for a move to Real Madrid within 2-3 years, i don't know anything about anything.
remi_222
Pro Prospect

Post#38 » by remi_222 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:45 pm

Neymar in 8 games 8 goals 7 assists
Cavani in 10 games 11 goals, 3 assists
Mbappé in 6 games 4 goals 5 assists

Best trio in the world ! no debate
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,622

Post#39 » by jirrit » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:37 pm

remi_222 wrote:Neymar in 8 games 8 goals 7 assists
Cavani in 10 games 11 goals, 3 assists
Mbappé in 6 games 4 goals 5 assists

Best trio in the world ! no debate

yeah it's insane, they the real deal, was hoping they wouldn't gel as good they gel right now already
remi_222
Pro Prospect

Post#40 » by remi_222 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:42 pm

Highlight from today's game ... INCREDIBLE TRIO again !!

Return to The General Soccer Board