Will the Romans come back to Britannia?

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

sovietchild
Sophomore
And1: 37

Will the Romans come back to Britannia? 

Post#1 » by sovietchild » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:44 pm

I'm assuming that everyone knows about what's going in Catalonia and what Spain league stated about if Catalonia becomes a separate state Barcelona FC will not be allowed to play in Spanish league.

"One man's trash is another man's treasure."
"You Don't Know What You Have Until It's Gone'"

Those verses reminds me of Spanish league. Who in the world does Spain think they are to treat Barcelona FC like trash? Barcelona FC is one of the best if not the best team in the world. They are treating them like an unwanted peace of cloth that they don't want in their closet. In my opinion they are hot heads. They don't know what they have, and they will only find out when Barcelona will leave them for some buddy else like England for example. I think both English league and Barcelona will benefit from each other. The English league will become even more exiting than it is today. Plus, what is Spanish league without Barcelona? The league without Barcelona will submerge. Do they really think they are better off without Barcelona? They better think twice about it.

What do you guys think about this situation that is going on right now about Spain, Barcelona and England? Could they really join the Premier League? Or would it be better for them to join French league or Italian league instead if Spain and Catalonia does go through?
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Re: Barcelona in Premier League 

Post#2 » by Spens1 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:40 pm

No way the spanish F.A. lets go of Barca. That's their meal ticket lets be honest (well, one half of the meal ticket). Losing the most important team in the entire country will do them no favours.

Also it would be more likely they join Ligue 1 i'd say. But again, the Spanish F.A. won't shoot themselves in the foot like that. Because its not just Barca, its Espanyol, Girona etc. They would lose so many fans and so much money it won't be funny. if the Catalonian teams move to the french system, La Liga would fall to about 4th or 5th place in terms of league strength and you would get a situation like the Bundesliga where the entire league is owned by one team.
sovietchild
Sophomore

Re: Barcelona in Premier League 

Post#3 » by sovietchild » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:29 pm

Chelsea
Manchester
Arsenal
Liverpool
Barcelona
Tottenham

What an exciting league. It's like Romans coming back to Britannia. After all, Catalonian language developed out of the vulgar Latin spoken by the Romans.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Re: Will the Romans come back to Britannia? 

Post#4 » by HIF » Mon Oct 2, 2017 7:48 am

eh?
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
sovietchild
Sophomore

Post#5 » by sovietchild » Mon Oct 2, 2017 7:45 pm

HIF wrote:eh?

All roads lead to Rome Brittania
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#6 » by JohnPferdelack » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:49 pm

And which realistic scenarios are now possible for the fc Barcelona if Catalonia decides for a separation?
HIF
RealGM

Post#7 » by HIF » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:54 pm

JohnPferdelack wrote:And which realistic scenarios are now possible for the fc Barcelona if Catalonia decides for a separation?

This isn't going to happen but why not a Catalan league. It'd be no weaker than many others including Scotland and Wales.

JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#8 » by JohnPferdelack » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:09 pm

No, it would be really weak! That's the reason of my question. ;-)
A Catalan league would consist of Espanyol Barcelona, Girona, Gimnastic Tarragona and Reus. And initially another disadvantage could be an exclusion of the Champions League. The UEFA have to permit an accession of a Catalan league...
sovietchild
Sophomore

Post#9 » by sovietchild » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:03 pm

If Monaco can play in French league, then Barcelona should be able to play in Britannia England, also.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,269

Post#10 » by Raps in 4 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:51 am

HIF wrote:
JohnPferdelack wrote:And which realistic scenarios are now possible for the fc Barcelona if Catalonia decides for a separation?

This isn't going to happen but why not a Catalan league. It'd be no weaker than many others including Scotland and Wales.

The team's value would plummet since it would be playing in an extremely noncompetitive league.
HIF
RealGM

Post#11 » by HIF » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:42 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
HIF wrote:

The team's value would plummet since it would be playing in an extremely noncompetitive league.

There will be no independant Catalonia, there will be no change of league for Barcelona.

But as long as they won the CL then their value wouldn't plummet and let's face it their stars would probably appreciate not having to play in the weekly grind of a league and just concentrate on CL matches.

Return to The General Soccer Board