What an interesting transfers this season

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

sovietchild
Sophomore
And1: 37

What an interesting transfers this season 

Post#1 » by sovietchild » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:23 am

First it was Arsenal who traded Alexis Sanchez for Henrikh Mkhitaryan without any money involved. Now, apparently Chelsea have offered David Luiz to Arsenal as part of a swap deal involving Olivier Giroud.

I like the way Europe trades its players, but trading player for player seems to be more entertaining. I wonder if FIFA might decide American style trading like they do it in NBA or NFL.

What do you guys think?
Riko
Rookie
And1: 685

Re: What an interesting transfers this season 

Post#2 » by Riko » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:13 am

sovietchild wrote:First it was Arsenal who traded Alexis Sanchez for Henrikh Mkhitaryan without any money involved. Now, apparently Chelsea have offered David Luiz to Arsenal as part of a swap deal involving Olivier Giroud.

I like the way Europe trades its players, but trading player for player seems to be more entertaining. I wonder if FIFA might decide American style trading like they do it in NBA or NFL.

What do you guys think?

1) There was money involved in Sanchez-Mkhitaryan trade, they just decides that the two part wuold have pay the same amount. The data will leak sooner or later but I wuold expect a 40m £ fee.
2) In Europe is impossible the American style due Bosman rules, basically the foundation of modern football (and, to be esplict, Europe football is not a monopoly like NBA/NFL/MLB ruled by a corporation).
Dallas2020
Sophomore
And1: 176

Post#3 » by Dallas2020 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:57 pm

It was the armenian + 25 mil pounds.
ZoLo
Senior
And1: 305

Post#4 » by ZoLo » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:28 pm

And at least 10m pound agent fee.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,619

Post#5 » by Baphomet » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:38 pm

I don't remember a January window this wild before, that's for sure. Normally teams are hesitant to part with key players mid-season.
DCRYsing89
Starter
And1: 718

Post#6 » by DCRYsing89 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:42 am

Man this chelsea, dortmund and arsenal three way trade is weird.
Arsenal getting abumyang
Chelsea Giroud
Dortmund Batsyui
Guessing theres a bit of cash involved but i wonder if this will become normalish,
Where teams look to help one another for the best of personal intrests (chelsea moving batsyui and arsenal offering giroud to help the abumyang transfer quicken)?
After your first, you change, you mature, you dont just jump into things.

After getting dunked on for the first time, life becomes complex.
Riko
Rookie

Post#7 » by Riko » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:32 pm

DCRYsing89 wrote:Man this chelsea, dortmund and arsenal three way trade is weird.
Arsenal getting abumyang
Chelsea Giroud
Dortmund Batsyui
Guessing theres a bit of cash involved but i wonder if this will become normalish,
Where teams look to help one another for the best of personal intrests (chelsea moving batsyui and arsenal offering giroud to help the abumyang transfer quicken)?

Conte doesn't like Batshuayi, Arsenal wanto to get rid of a big salary (5m£) for a second reserve, Chelsea need a proven reserve for Morata but they don't want to sign a +30y old to a multiyears contract so... Giroud is perfect.
DCRYsing89
Starter

Post#8 » by DCRYsing89 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:54 pm

Riko wrote:
DCRYsing89 wrote:Man this chelsea, dortmund and arsenal three way trade is weird.
Arsenal getting abumyang
Chelsea Giroud
Dortmund Batsyui

Conte doesn't like Batshuayi, Arsenal wanto to get rid of a big salary (5m£) for a second reserve, Chelsea need a proven reserve for Morata but they don't want to sign a +30y old to a multiyears contract so... Giroud is perfect.

It works for them all, they all get what they want.
Its weird though, michy is young and quality. We have let so many young and talented prespects go just for them to get good and us want to buy them back. I dunno if its smart getting rid of him tbh... It may be another mistake, but giroud will protect us from dealing with the mistake for the next couple of years as he is a servicable bench impact player and backup striker.
Dortmund its perfect for they get heaps of cash and michy a young talented striker to replace abumyang.
Arsenal now have to wing/strikers in laczette and Abumyang that are solid.
If they dont keep Ozil it seems the treadmil will truely start... of arsenal only have a feel great players and a couple quality but wholes in the squad otherwise.

Riko
Rookie

Post#9 » by Riko » Thu Feb 1, 2018 8:36 am

DCRYsing89 wrote:
Riko wrote:
Arsenal getting abumyang
Chelsea Giroud
Dortmund Batsyui

Its weird though, michy is young and quality. We have let so many young and talented prespects go just for them to get good and us want to buy them back. I dunno if its smart getting rid of him tbh... It may be another mistake, but giroud will protect us from dealing with the mistake for the next couple of years as he is a servicable bench impact player and backup striker.
Dortmund its perfect for they get heaps of cash and michy a young talented striker to replace abumyang.
If they dont keep Ozil it seems the treadmil will truely start... of arsenal only have a feel great players and a couple quality but wholes in the squad otherwise.

Batshu's transfer is a loan. He'll coming back next season or in the year after that. Giroud contract expired in 2019, Chelsea policy is to sign only one year contract to plus 30yo player.
Chelsea is becoming a treadmill team, the managment keep spending big money on mediocre/average players and selling other players to balance the checkbooks.
DCRYsing89
Starter

Post#10 » by DCRYsing89 » Thu Feb 1, 2018 9:48 am

Riko wrote:
DCRYsing89 wrote:
Riko wrote:

Batshu's transfer is a loan. He'll coming back next season or in the year after that. Giroud contract expired in 2019, Chelsea policy is to sign only one year contract to plus 30yo player.
Chelsea is becoming a treadmill team, the managment keep spending big money on mediocre/average players and selling other players to balance the checkbooks.

Oh okay, yeah i didnt know all that info.
Still its winning for everyone atm
And treadmilling at the top of the league isnt that bad is it?

Riko
Rookie

Post#11 » by Riko » Thu Feb 1, 2018 11:56 am

DCRYsing89 wrote:Oh okay, yeah i didnt know all that info.

There is a big difference beetwen 2-4 position and treadmill 5-7 position in terms of revenue.
Just look at Liverpool, they took 4 years (and they are not still there) to recover from 5 consecutive failing UCL qualification in 2009-2014 period.
And right now there are 6 teams which battle for this 4 spot: City and United with their immense resource, then Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham. Ones you start dropping positions it is really hard to catch up.

And IMHO Chelsea is moving in that direction, they have a good squad in the starting XI but besides them are quite awful.
DCRYsing89
Starter

Post#12 » by DCRYsing89 » Thu Feb 1, 2018 12:06 pm

Riko wrote:
DCRYsing89 wrote:Oh okay, yeah i didnt know all that info.

There is a big difference beetwen 2-4 position and treadmill 5-7 position in terms of revenue.
Just look at Liverpool, they took 4 years (and they are not still there) to recover from 5 consecutive failing UCL qualification in 2009-2014 period.
And right now there are 6 teams which battle for this 4 spot: City and United with their immense resource, then Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham. Ones you start dropping positions it is really hard to catch up.

And IMHO Chelsea is moving in that direction, they have a good squad in the starting XI but besides them are quite awful.

Though the poch era of spurs will end eventually, and as such this quality youth development and scouting time will end.
Klopps teams play quite inconsistent, high ups low downs, in a competition as such they will not ever be successfully blow out leaders (most likely)
Arsenal, well they will always be there...
In time this treadmill will still hold chelsea top 4 and in champions league, even if they get stuck on it.
Yeah true, they have top quality 11, then alot of good but not great players...
Its funny that if your right chelsea fans will feel exactly like arsenal have for a while ...

Kyle_Connor
Freshman
And1: 11

Post#13 » by Kyle_Connor » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:26 am

I'd personally say that this season has been good in terms of transfer for all big clubs (minus Chelsea). We know EPL is a money game but hasn't been the case for Everton. Their signings haven't performed well, can't play together and big money wasted. Same goes for Chelsea. I've just one word. B-A-K-A-Y-O-K-O.

The best signings of the season: Lukaku, Salah, Sanchez, Ox, Aubameyang, Moura, Deloufeu.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,619

Post#14 » by Baphomet » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:32 pm

Kyle_Connor wrote:I'd personally say that this season has been good in terms of transfer for all big clubs (minus Chelsea). We know EPL is a money game but hasn't been the case for Everton. Their signings haven't performed well, can't play together and big money wasted. Same goes for Chelsea. I've just one word. B-A-K-A-Y-O-K-O.

The best signings of the season: Lukaku, Salah, Sanchez, Ox, Aubameyang, Moura, Deloufeu.

Jury's still out on Moura. He's an exciting player but hasn't played enough yet. I'd put Maguire of Leicester in among the best signings, he's been solid for them all season.

Salah is definitely the best signing though, for sure.

Return to The General Soccer Board