2018-19 English Premier League Discussion Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Re: 2018-19 English Premier League Discussion Thread 

Post#381 » by JohnPferdelack » Mon May 6, 2019 11:38 pm

Liverpool has such a good campaign so far, but i seems like they will get no trophy again. They deserve at least one trophy but in the cl it is impossible and in the league it is also hard too believe that ManCity won't struggle.
bargnanimvp
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,362

Post#382 » by bargnanimvp » Tue May 7, 2019 2:34 am

Predicted the Kompany goal. Kept telling my friend Kompany would score and then he did. Liverpool are cursed but I'm happy that they'll lose unless Man City bottle this and go to win like they should.
bargnanimvp
Assistant Coach

Post#383 » by bargnanimvp » Tue May 7, 2019 2:35 am

Baphomet wrote:
bargnanimvp wrote:no one wants top 4

The whole top four race has been an absolute farce

It feels like everyone blew it even though it looks like Chelsea and Spurs are going to make it

I think Arsenal will take the EL though

It's been pretty funny and frustrating. At least chelsea are in now even though the transfer ban and loss of hazard could prove disastrous considering the roster needs an overhaul to fit Sarri (if he keeps his job).
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#384 » by The_Brecht » Tue May 7, 2019 4:34 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
The_Brecht wrote:What.A.Goal.

A true legend.

So so close. Its hurts.. :cry:

I swear this club is **** cursed man. :(

It's not like City are blowing teams away either at the moment. They scrapped by Burnley, Leicester, etc. Just needed one slip up from them along the way.

To be fair, Leicester never showed any form of intent to get anything more than a point.
A good shot by Maddison and a huge miss by Iheanacho, but that's about it.
Schmeichel had a wondergame, but you just know if you just sit back, you're probably going to lose.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
bargnanimvp
Assistant Coach

Post#385 » by bargnanimvp » Tue May 7, 2019 7:06 pm

JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#386 » by JohnPferdelack » Wed May 8, 2019 2:36 am

bargnanimvp wrote:Image

what's pep opinion about that?^^
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,626

Post#387 » by Baphomet » Sun May 12, 2019 3:21 pm

It has been a valiant effort from Liverpool to say the least, but with that Mahrez goal it looks like the title is City's again
KG Leonard
Senior
And1: 410

Post#388 » by KG Leonard » Sun May 12, 2019 3:34 pm

Baphomet wrote:It has been a valiant effort from Liverpool to say the least, but with that Mahrez goal it looks like the title is City's again
They will win the title next year hopefully, they have improved alot since last year and compared to before the new year. They have lost the league with those 3 draws after the City loss. Cruel to be runner up with 97 points.

City should have the title easier they have much better bench, they can waste expensive players Mahrez,Jesus,De Bruyne,Mendy etc

Klopp has been the best coach this season imho.

Skickat från min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,463

Post#389 » by Cactus Jack » Sun May 12, 2019 3:43 pm

KG Leonard wrote:
Baphomet wrote:It has been a valiant effort from Liverpool to say the least, but with that Mahrez goal it looks like the title is City's again
They will win the title next year hopefully, they have improved alot since last year and compared to before the new year. They have lost the league with those 3 draws after the City loss. Cruel to be runner up with 97 points.

City should have the title easier they have much better bench, they can waste expensive players Mahrez,Jesus,De Bruyne,Mendy etc

When you consider that City have spent 4X the amount on players. They should be ashamed that it came down to the last day :wink:. The sport needs a F'n salary cap. :(
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#390 » by Baphomet » Sun May 12, 2019 3:47 pm

KG Leonard wrote:

It is cruel. Liverpool have shown immense quality, and their recruitment has been superb in recent times. Liverpool have spent big themselves, but this what happens when you come up against the resources the likes of City possess. The team's depth is ridiculous.

But take nothing away from them. Those City players, the coaching, the quality of football, absolutely outstanding.
KG Leonard
Senior

Post#391 » by KG Leonard » Sun May 12, 2019 3:57 pm

Baphomet wrote:
KG Leonard wrote:

It is cruel. Liverpool have shown immense quality, and their recruitment has been superb in recent times. Liverpool have spent big themselves, but this what happens when you come up against the resources the likes of City possess. The team's depth is ridiculous.

But take nothing away from them. Those City players, the coaching, the quality of football, absolutely outstanding.
Pool has bought two big players for big money in Van Dijk Allison for Coutinho sale but City has 15 players they could buy for that price. I wont give City credit for having bigger wage budget than New York Yankees.

It wasn't an even fight for the title when Pool bench is player from Stoke,Newcastle,Origi. Guardiola hasn't done much with all those players in his squad and Klopp did miracles and prolly win CL title with players like Henderson,Milner,Robertson,Arnold.

KG Leonard
Senior

Post#392 » by KG Leonard » Sun May 12, 2019 4:03 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
KG Leonard wrote:

When you consider that City have spent 4X the amount on players. They should be ashamed that it came down to the last day :wink:. The sport needs a F'n salary cap. :(
Yeah that's I replyed to the other post. I'm truly impressed by the media,experts calling Pep a genius for winning City another. The team that dominated the PL with geniuses like Mancini,Pellegrini

Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#393 » by Baphomet » Sun May 12, 2019 4:17 pm

KG Leonard wrote:Pool has bought two big players for big money in Van Dijk Allison for Coutinho sale but City has 15 players they could buy for that price. I wont give City credit for having bigger wage budget than New York Yankees.

It wasn't an even fight for the title when Pool bench is player from Stoke,Newcastle,Origi. Guardiola hasn't done much with all those players in his squad and Klopp did miracles and prolly win CL title with players like Henderson,Milner,Robertson,Arnold.

Apart from win the title twice in a row and set Premier League points and goals records? In the process playing the best football in the league? Yes, there is a stark gulf in resources but he's assembled arguably the best Premier League team of all time. It's not like the teams they're beating are paupers, Man United and Chelsea for example are also stinking rich to the point where they can buy just about anyone. It isn't as simple as having the budget. Having quality players helps, but you still need the vision and desire to win so many football matches, and with quality players comes hefty egos. Pep has managed them admirably.

I can't stand anything City stands for as a club and if Spurs were in the same position I'd probably be upset too, but to say Pep hasn't done much with that squad is absurd. They're leaps and bounds better than the City teams under Mancini and Pellegrini.
KG Leonard
Senior

Post#394 » by KG Leonard » Sun May 12, 2019 4:33 pm

Baphomet wrote:
KG Leonard wrote:Pool has bought two big players for big money in Van Dijk Allison for Coutinho sale but City has 15 players they could buy for that price. I wont give City credit for having bigger wage budget than New York Yankees.

Apart from win the title twice in a row and set Premier League points and goals records? In the process playing the best football in the league? Yes, there is a stark gulf in resources but he's assembled arguably the best Premier League team of all time. It's not like the teams they're beating are paupers, Man United and Chelsea for example are also stinking rich to the point where they can buy just about anyone. It isn't as simple as having the budget. Having quality players helps, but you still need the vision and desire to win so many football matches, and with quality players comes hefty egos. Pep has managed them admirably.

I can't stand anything City stands for as a club and if Spurs were in the same position I'd probably be upset too, but to say Pep hasn't done much with that squad is absurd. They're leaps and bounds better than the City teams under Mancini and Pellegrini.
I didnt say he didn't add anything but the fact is City today has even more top players than when they first won. They have their best ever sqaud. He did the same work with Bayern its good but its not his best work. Klopp has 1 points less with much weaker squad.

The end product is title nr.4 for City and another failed CL season. 4 PL titles in 6 years with or without Pep.

bargnanimvp
Assistant Coach

Post#395 » by bargnanimvp » Mon May 13, 2019 12:57 am

Baphomet wrote:
KG Leonard wrote:

Man city's spending for the past 5 seasons is 560mil
Liverpools is 186 mil
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,625

Post#396 » by Next Coming » Mon May 13, 2019 12:12 pm

Man City have spent a lot but damn those dudes have amazing mentality. 14 on the bounce. More than half of them were tight and tedious games. A bunch of 1-0's. Credit to them. Money doesn't buy you mentality. Pep never let them rest on their laurels.

I don't know how we catch them if we didn't catch them this year. Liverpool to their credit had amazing mentality this year too. To get points in every game except one all season. To come back in a handful of them. We got lucky a few times but you need that.

I'm really proud of my team. Dying for just one PL. They deserve it but deserve's got nothing to do with it. I just hope it's in our hands during the last game of the season next year.
bargnanimvp
Assistant Coach

Post#397 » by bargnanimvp » Tue May 14, 2019 12:17 am

Man city facing a champions league ban and a transfer ban
bargnanimvp
Assistant Coach

Post#398 » by bargnanimvp » Tue May 14, 2019 11:28 pm

jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,622

Post#399 » by jirrit » Sun May 19, 2019 8:43 am

Vince is out. I think he's gonna play two more years in the US now.
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#400 » by The_Brecht » Sun May 19, 2019 10:16 am

jirrit wrote:Vince is out. I think he's gonna play two more years in the US now.

He's coming home!
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.

Return to The General Soccer Board