Exciting news Foye?
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 354

Re: 2019-20 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread 

Post#342 » by Det the Threat » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:52 pm

One day after terminating his contract with Borussia Dortmund former World Cup Winner André Schürrle has ended his career at age 29.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#343 » by Foye » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:36 pm

The_Brecht wrote:Klopp returning to Mainz in 2024.
Exciting news Foye?

Would be great to have him back in any function in the club but I‘ll believe it once everything is signed. Chances slim, IMO.

Guess DFB will offer him the national team job in 2024...even though he is doing his best Angela Merkel impression...Löw wont continue that job forever.
Foye

Post#344 » by Foye » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:43 pm

Det the Threat wrote:One day after terminating his contract with Borussia Dortmund former World Cup Winner André Schürrle has ended his career at age 29.

Welp, he has been collecting paychecks ever since that WC final.

Still kind of a nice career. From Mainz youth academy...won youth Bundesliga championship with us, helped established the club in the Bundesliga and then became a well paid journey man.

He has his place in the history book with that assist to Götze but still...he kind of wasted his career opting for money over personal development ever since he left Leverkusen.
No wonder he was not happy the last couple years and was barely half the player he was when he first stepped on the pitch for Mainz.
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#345 » by JohnPferdelack » Sun Aug 9, 2020 11:17 am

Does anybody use DAZN in Germany?
1. How reliable is this? (e.g. connection)
2. Do I have to pay the amount of 120 € as a whole on day 1, if i choose the 12-month subscription or only 10 € per month?
Foye

Post#346 » by Foye » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:00 pm

JohnPferdelack wrote:Does anybody use DAZN in Germany?
1. How reliable is this? (e.g. connection)
2. Do I have to pay the amount of 120 € as a whole on day 1, if i choose the 12-month subscription or only 10 € per month?

1. More reliable than Sky Ticket. Rarely had issues with Dazn. Had one or two times so far the issue that I wouldn't get into the app on my smart tv in a couple years that I am using this.
2. I think it's probably 10 per month but not sure. My brother's credit card is covering our dazn account. I just forward half the money to him every once in a while.

What is annoying me is that you can't use full dazn service when you are outside of Germany. Last year I was on business trips a couple times during CL and couldn't watch on dazn when I was outside of Germany.
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach

Post#347 » by JohnPferdelack » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:54 pm

ok, thanks.
i really consider a DAZN (and amazon) subscription because of the CL, but i read a few times on twitter that many people had issue with the broadcast. this are my initial concerns...

Last year I was on business trips a couple times during CL and couldn't watch on dazn when I was outside of Germany.

ok, but maybe now they have fixed it and you can use it outside of Germany...
Foye

Post#348 » by Foye » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:25 am

JohnPferdelack wrote:ok, thanks.
i really consider a DAZN (and amazon) subscription because of the CL, but i read a few times on twitter that many people had issue with the broadcast. this are my initial concerns...

Last year I was on business trips a couple times during CL and couldn't watch on dazn when I was outside of Germany.

ok, but maybe now they have fixed it and you can use it outside of Germany...

Don't think they can fix it. The issue is probably that the users are not allowed to watch in a different country because someone else has the rights there.
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach

Post#349 » by JohnPferdelack » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:40 pm

okay, that's a real problem.
but most of the subscribers aren't abroad like you :P
so you're rather an individual case ;-)
Foye

Post#350 » by Foye » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:56 pm

JohnPferdelack wrote:okay, that's a real problem.
but most of the subscribers aren't abroad like you :P
so you're rather an individual case ;-)

Yeah, right now I am not travelling at all due to Covid. So not a problem haha.
Another good thing about dazn is that they have video on demand unlike Sky.
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach

Post#351 » by JohnPferdelack » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:51 pm

Sky will die.
No UCL, no UEL, only Bundesliga is nothing. I know a lot of people who say that Sportschau, Akt. Sportstudio etc. is enough for them and nobody want to spend the whole weekend for a league which always end with Bayern Munich as the winner at the end^^. Another problem is the price...
Foye

Post#352 » by Foye » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:14 pm

JohnPferdelack wrote:Sky will die.
No UCL, no UEL, only Bundesliga is nothing. I know a lot of people who say that Sportschau, Akt. Sportstudio etc. is enough for them and nobody want to spend the whole weekend for a league which always end with Bayern Munich as the winner at the end^^. Another problem is the price...

Sky is too expensive and not customer-friendly enough.
Sky-Ticket platform is a joke.
30 € a month for a product that won't even offer video-on-demand is ridiculous.
Even 20 € (in 12 month subscription of which 2 months are useless because of summer break) is a stretch for their poor service.

I will most likely still spend that amount...because I think Mainz has an exciting group of young players available for the future in Müller, Baku, Barreiro, Kunde, Martin, Tauer, Papela, Nebel, Burkardt. Newest addition Kilian should be solid in a couple years as well.
They will most likely still suck next year. Especially the defense will be a problem...but I want to see these players develop...and I hope the poor coaching staff is not screwing things up too much.
That said, I hope Sky goes bankrupt or the entire organization suffocates from being too greedy sooner than later.

I kind of fear that it gets even worse by 2021/22...then you will have to have Sky, amazon and dazn. Three providers...three abos needed.
Soon enough we will be at the point where you have to spend 100 a month to be able to watch all Bundesliga and UCL/UEL games.

Return to The General Soccer Board