2019-20 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Re: 2019-20 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread 

Post#201 » by JohnPferdelack » Tue Mar 3, 2020 7:43 pm

Yesterday, Wagner finally decided to swap Nübel for Schubert. Thank God!
Schalke now has the chance to gain some points in the domestic league again.

Also:
This matchup between schalke and bayern is the first one after the matchday with several insults towards Hopp and DFB.
Let's see, how these fans in Gelsenkirchen will react.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#202 » by Foye » Thu Mar 5, 2020 2:16 pm

@Little Nathan: Best piece I have read on the Hopp situation so far:
http://www.supporters-mainz.de/2020/03/post-fuer-dietmar/
Foye

Post#203 » by Foye » Sun Mar 8, 2020 8:12 pm

Hardly seen a worse game from a Kreisliga side than what we displayed today. Bunch of scrubs.
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach

Post#204 » by JohnPferdelack » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:42 pm

According to Express there are talks about ending this season right now due to coronavirus concerns. No teams (Paderborn, Bremen etc.) have to quit the Bundesliga and it is only important which teams will finish the first six seeds because of the european competitions (cl, el) next year.
Next season would start with 22 teams.
Foye

Post#205 » by Foye » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:48 am

JohnPferdelack wrote:According to Express there are talks about ending this season right now due to coronavirus concerns. No teams (Paderborn, Bremen etc.) have to quit the Bundesliga and it is only important which teams will finish the first six seeds because of the european competitions (cl, el) next year.
Next season would start with 22 teams.

Would love a year with 22 teams. And while we are at it...let the league continue with at least 20 teams in 2021/22.
Foye

Post#206 » by Foye » Sun Apr 5, 2020 7:52 pm

The plan is to have games without fans in May.
Will see how things go.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#207 » by Andi Obst » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:56 am

Foye wrote:The plan is to have games without fans in May.
Will see how things go.

So basically every game will be a home game for Hertha. Nice.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#208 » by Andi Obst » Mon May 4, 2020 6:56 pm

In a normal world, Salomon Kalou's video would officially end the season. There's just no way to justify wasting tests on idiots like that. They will probably do it, though.

JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach

Post#209 » by JohnPferdelack » Mon May 4, 2020 8:58 pm

Even without Klinsmann the club make headlines

Sent from my SM-G930F using RealGM mobile app
Foye

Post#210 » by Foye » Tue May 5, 2020 1:07 pm

Little Nathan wrote:In a normal world, Salomon Kalou's video would officially end the season. There's just no way to justify wasting tests on idiots like that. They will probably do it, though.

Tbh I did not watch the full video...
I don't get the public outrage about shaking hands with his teammates, though.
From what I understand the Bundesliga teams are training together in small groups.
Meaning he will share the changing room and stand on the pitch with those guys anyway. If one of those has covid19...he will most certainly get it as well with or without shaking hands because they are meeting every day.

Obviously, it was dumb on his part to make the video but it seems the reason for the public outrage is more unnecessary finger pointing than anything.
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#211 » by Andi Obst » Tue May 5, 2020 2:02 pm

Foye wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:In a normal world, Salomon Kalou's video would officially end the season. There's just no way to justify wasting tests on idiots like that. They will probably do it, though.

From what I understand the Bundesliga teams are training together in small groups.
Meaning he will share the changing room and stand on the pitch with those guys anyway. If one of those has covid19...he will most certainly get it as well with or without shaking hands because they are meeting every day.

Obviously, it was dumb on his part to make the video but it seems the reason for the public outrage is more unnecessary finger pointing than anything.

I think the public outrage is about a combination of players and team officials (honestly, that's even worse) ignoring social distancing in all kinds of ways and the players openly talking and joking about their 11% pay cuts. Considering how the normal person constantly gets reminded of the rules and a lot of people are actually facing significant financial issues, I understand the outrage. The video is incredibly dumb and comes at the worst time possible for the DFL.

Foye

Post#212 » by Foye » Tue May 5, 2020 8:18 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
Foye wrote:

I think the public outrage is about a combination of players and team officials (honestly, that's even worse) ignoring social distancing in all kinds of ways and the players openly talking and joking about their 11% pay cuts. Considering how the normal person constantly gets reminded of the rules and a lot of people are actually facing significant financial issues, I understand the outrage. The video is incredibly dumb and comes at the worst time possible for the DFL.

People should really mind their own business first...way too much finger pointing in Germany.
Those players Kalou met are guys he cant avoid in his daily life...and in 2 weeks he was supposed to play with them again anyway. I dont see the issue with the handshake at all...
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#213 » by HIF » Wed May 6, 2020 7:53 am

Impressed with the Germans sorting out the end of their season before everyone else.

Shame on the French Government.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#214 » by Andi Obst » Wed May 6, 2020 11:18 am

Foye wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:
Foye wrote:

People should really mind their own business first...way too much finger pointing in Germany.
Those players Kalou met are guys he cant avoid in his daily life...and in 2 weeks he was supposed to play with them again anyway. I dont see the issue with the handshake at all...

I think if it was just a video of Hertha players shaking hands people wouldn't have much an issue with it. Some would call the players bad role models for the youth or something like that and it would've been a non-story two days ago. But it's more than that and I understand why people aren't happy about it (tbh I don't really care how/if the season is coming back, so I don't really care).

And there's always too much finger pointing in Germany, that will never change lol.

Foye

Post#215 » by Foye » Wed May 6, 2020 11:49 am

I feel like we will be relegated if this season continues.

So I'm all in favour of just making a clear cut and starting with 20 or 22 teams in the fall :lol: :lol: :lol:
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach

Post#216 » by JohnPferdelack » Thu May 7, 2020 1:41 am

I still cannot believe that this is a good decision.
Maybe we will see only two or three journeys and after that the season have to be canceled like Ligue 1 due to several infections...
Foye

Post#217 » by Foye » Thu May 7, 2020 7:56 pm

Bundesliga players probably getting billion dollar offers from sports betting mafia all over the globe right now lol.

I kind of expect some weird results to happen haha
Foye

Post#218 » by Foye » Sat May 9, 2020 6:26 pm

Whole 2nd Bundesliga team Dresden send in quarantine due to new covid19 cases for two weeks.

I would be surprised if any games are being played in Bundesliga and 2nd Bundesliga next weekend to be honest.

It's distortion of competition to have even one team in quarantine.
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#219 » by Andi Obst » Sat May 9, 2020 9:48 pm

Foye wrote:It's distortion of competition to have even one team in quarantine.

Absolutely.

Also, I think people really underestimate what this extended break and little time for real training before the restart could mean for the level of play. Wouldn't be surprised if it's really bad. The 'Geisterspiel' atnosphere is going to be terrible as well.

I'm not looking forward to this mess.

Foye

Post#220 » by Foye » Sun May 10, 2020 8:22 am

Probably not going to buy Sky unless they are making a 10€ per month for all games offer.

I dont want to support this mess with my money.
Just gonna put that money into my investment bucket. Additional money there never hurts haha.

Return to The General Soccer Board