UEFA European Championship 2020 - Knockout Stage

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,623

UEFA European Championship 2020 - Knockout Stage 

Post#1 » by Baphomet » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:11 pm

Draw is coming up within the next hour. Will update the thread with the groups when they're drawn out.

Group A: Italy, Switzerland, Turkey, Wales.
Group B: Belgium, Russia, Denmark, Finland.
Group C: Ukraine, Netherlands, Austria, North Macedonia.
Group D: England, Croatia, Czech Republic, Scotland.
Group E: Spain, Poland, Sweden, Slovakia.
Group F: Germany, France, Portugal, Hungary.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,623

Re: UEFA European Championship 2020 - Group Stage 

Post#2 » by Baphomet » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:54 pm

Draw's done, Group F is the group of death, should be some great football there. Let me know if I made any errors.
KG Leonard
Senior
And1: 410

Post#3 » by KG Leonard » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:15 pm

Jesus group F is truly the group of death, will be fun to compare those three teams.
I'm glad my country in Sweden got only Spain as big team, they aren't really good these days specially under Luis Enrique.
I saw live the 1-1 in Stockholm where Spain was very lucky not to lose the game.

Skickat från min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#4 » by HIF » Sun Dec 1, 2019 10:07 am

Looking forward to Romania winning group F;
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Young Stapler
General Manager
And1: 5,954

Post#5 » by Young Stapler » Mon Dec 2, 2019 7:54 am

Hoping for good things from Switzerland and Holland next summer. Seems like yesterday we were just in France for Euro 2016!
Young Stapler
General Manager

Post#6 » by Young Stapler » Mon Dec 2, 2019 7:57 am

France or Holland are my early favorites.
troza
Junior
And1: 128

Post#7 » by troza » Mon Dec 2, 2019 8:44 am

Don't forget Portugal. I don't see how everyone keeps ignoring Portugal (here the press is trying to sell us as underdogs) when we have 2 of the best players in the worlds (Cristiano and Bernardo), one of the best youngsters (Félix) and we still have lots of nice players on the best leagues in the world (Patrício, Semedo, Cancelo, Guerreiro, William Carvalho...).

We should play a lot better but that's other topic. Also Germany has not been the same since the middle of the decade and France is very good but also not as good as their great teams from the end of the 90s and start of 00s.
HIF
RealGM

Post#8 » by HIF » Mon Dec 2, 2019 12:11 pm

troza wrote:Don't forget Portugal. I don't see how everyone keeps ignoring Portugal (here the press is trying to sell us as underdogs) when we have 2 of the best players in the worlds (Cristiano and Bernardo), one of the best youngsters (Félix) and we still have lots of nice players on the best leagues in the world (Patrício, Semedo, Cancelo, Guerreiro, William Carvalho...).

We should play a lot better but that's other topic. Also Germany has not been the same since the middle of the decade and France is very good but also not as good as their great teams from the end of the 90s and start of 00s.

How can you forget the best RWB in the world?

If Portuguese fans forget Ricardo, then why shouldn't everyone else forget Portugal? :wink:

I love your team but it seems people are overlooking Belgium. I think it could be their time.

troza
Junior
And1: 128

Post#9 » by troza » Mon Dec 2, 2019 12:31 pm

HIF wrote:
troza wrote:Don't forget Portugal. I don't see how everyone keeps ignoring Portugal (here the press is trying to sell us as underdogs) when we have 2 of the best players in the worlds (Cristiano and Bernardo), one of the best youngsters (Félix) and we still have lots of nice players on the best leagues in the world (Patrício, Semedo, Cancelo, Guerreiro, William Carvalho...).

If Portuguese fans forget Ricardo, then why shouldn't everyone else forget Portugal? :wink:

I love your team but it seems people are overlooking Belgium. I think it could be their time.

Ricardo was in the group of good players in the best leagues in the world. I hope he goes. Him, Cancelo, Semedo and Raphael Guerreiro could be our line up for wing backs at the euros.

Belgium also has a great team. Like Portugal, just without Ronaldo but Lukaku is doing great and De Bruyne is better than Bernardo.
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#10 » by The_Brecht » Mon Dec 2, 2019 7:44 pm

troza wrote:
HIF wrote:

Ricardo was in the group of good players in the best leagues in the world. I hope he goes. Him, Cancelo, Semedo and Raphael Guerreiro could be our line up for wing backs at the euros.

Belgium also has a great team. Like Portugal, just without Ronaldo but Lukaku is doing great and De Bruyne is better than Bernardo.

And some extra hazard also.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
HIF
RealGM

Post#11 » by HIF » Mon Dec 2, 2019 7:51 pm

The_Brecht wrote:
troza wrote:
HIF wrote:

And some extra hazard also.

And some Leicester City magic. :wink:

Young Stapler
General Manager

Post#12 » by Young Stapler » Tue Dec 3, 2019 10:04 pm

^^True. There are actually a few teams that I feel will be quite competitive next summer. Hopefully most teams can get to next summer without any major injury concerns.
AK47MVP
Starter
And1: 1,591

Post#13 » by AK47MVP » Wed Dec 4, 2019 7:38 pm

Denmark should get out of that group having all 3 games at home.
AK47MVP
Starter

Post#14 » by AK47MVP » Wed Dec 4, 2019 7:39 pm

HIF wrote:Looking forward to Romania winning group F;

nah it is going to be Iceland.
Hellcrooner
Veteran
And1: 2,133

Post#15 » by Hellcrooner » Mon Dec 9, 2019 5:26 am

doing the groups when you dont have all the qualified teams is the stupidest thing ever.

specially since it does not allow to make PROPER ballots counting the stranght of the qualified teams.
Wich ends up causing nosense groups of either bullcrap that should never go trough and will have TWO teams going trough and grups with THREE of the strongets teams .

disgusting.

all for the justification of the stupid league of nations b.s fifa came up with.
aggerrard
Sixth Man
And1: 948

Post#16 » by aggerrard » Mon Dec 9, 2019 6:19 am

AK47MVP wrote:Denmark should get out of that group having all 3 games at home.

Agree. Should be able to beat both Finland and Russia. The results with Hareide have been great - but i don't like the football being played though. Luck put us through the qualifier. New coach after the EC. Think it's the right move, sooner or later luck will run out and better change before it does.

Go Denmark! If not us i'll like to see either Holland or England win it all.
HIF
RealGM

Post#17 » by HIF » Mon Dec 9, 2019 9:25 am

Hellcrooner wrote:doing the groups when you dont have all the qualified teams is the stupidest thing ever.

specially since it does not allow to make PROPER ballots counting the stranght of the qualified teams.
Wich ends up causing nosense groups of either bullcrap that should never go trough and will have TWO teams going trough and grups with THREE of the strongets teams .

disgusting.

all for the justification of the stupid league of nations b.s fifa came up with.

You're talking about playoff teams not strong enough to qualify from their group. None of them should be good enopugh to make the quarters. You're complaining about nothing (again).

AK47MVP
Starter

Post#18 » by AK47MVP » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:54 pm

aggerrard wrote:

Agree. Should be able to beat both Finland and Russia. The results with Hareide have been great - but i don't like the football being played though. Luck put us through the qualifier. New coach after the EC. Think it's the right move, sooner or later luck will run out and better change before it does.

Do you have any info why Sisto fallen out of favor for national team? Loved that dude, his creativity alone was a big reason we thrashed Ireland in that famous 5-1 game.
aggerrard
Sixth Man
And1: 948

Post#19 » by aggerrard » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:00 am

AK47MVP wrote:
aggerrard wrote:

Do you have any info why Sisto fallen out of favor for national team? Loved that dude, his creativity alone was a big reason we thrashed Ireland in that famous 5-1 game.

Haven't played much for his club, Celta Vigo. And honestly didn't play that well for Denmark either. He have played some minutes lately for Celta though with their new manager. Wouldn't be surprised if he made the squad for the EC.
Young Stapler
General Manager

Post#20 » by Young Stapler » Mon Mar 2, 2020 11:56 pm

UEFA admits to coronavirus concerns over Euro 2020

https://en.as.com/en/2020/03/01/football/1583072038_572850.html

:(

Return to The General Soccer Board