I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,629

Re: FA Cup '21 

Post#22 » by Baphomet » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:00 pm

Great game of football, that. The foul for Man United's winning free kick was questionable, but the overall attacking quality in the game was good.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#23 » by HIF » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:20 pm

Pretty boring first half that.

HIF
RealGM

Post#24 » by HIF » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:31 pm

I'll take that. Nice one Kel.

Bournemouth next please.

HIF
RealGM

Post#25 » by HIF » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:49 pm

Pressed them well, should be better than 1-1 at half time. Anybody's game second half.

Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,279

Post#26 » by Shaazzam » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:40 pm

**** Fred
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
HIF
RealGM

Post#27 » by HIF » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:56 pm

Shaazzam wrote:**** Fred

As I said always love it when he plays against us. Never thought it would be that easy. If Vardy was even on half form it'd have been 5 or 6.

Wembley wembley!

Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by Shaazzam » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:18 pm

McTominay was brutal too. Gave up the free kick and snarfed the ball at the back post.

Trying to figure out what it is that Van der Beek is supposed to provide because he never does anything. Like just not a part of the game.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
HIF
RealGM

Post#29 » by HIF » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:44 am

Shaazzam wrote:McTominay was brutal too. Gave up the free kick and snarfed the ball at the back post.

Trying to figure out what it is that Van der Beek is supposed to provide because he never does anything. Like just not a part of the game.

Yeah, I can only think it is because they don't get the match time. I've seen McTominay have some good matches for you this season and Van der Beek was highly rated but every player needs time on the pitch especially those coming from foreign leagues. To be honest most of your players were made to look ordinary yesterday as we got into them quickly and with the ball just passed around them.

You are 2nd in the league and with a good chance of the Europa league so you clearly have an outstanding team but they were made to look ordinary - just as much so when you put the "first team" players on at the end.

Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by Shaazzam » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:29 pm

HIF wrote:
Shaazzam wrote:McTominay was brutal too. Gave up the free kick and snarfed the ball at the back post.

Yeah, I can only think it is because they don't get the match time. I've seen McTominay have some good matches for you this season and Van der Beek was highly rated but every player needs time on the pitch especially those coming from foreign leagues. To be honest most of your players were made to look ordinary yesterday as we got into them quickly and with the ball just passed around them.

You are 2nd in the league and with a good chance of the Europa league so you clearly have an outstanding team but they were made to look ordinary - just as much so when you put the "first team" players on at the end.

Yeah, I haven't given you guys any credit yet. The best team won easily today. There are some real studs in your team. Awesome press. Great width when you had the ball.

McTominay is usually ok, but those two mistakes were gross.

I think one of United's biggest problem now is that we have **** passers. Obviously growing up with Beckham, Scholes, Ronaldo, Rio, Carrick etc. I've been spoiled, but the ball used to whip around the bitch with pace and accuracy. But now, there is little accuracy, regardless of distance, and long passes are few and far between because guys can't make them.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
HIF
RealGM

Post#31 » by HIF » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:45 pm

Shaazzam wrote:
HIF wrote:

Yeah, I haven't given you guys any credit yet. The best team won easily today. There are some real studs in your team. Awesome press. Great width when you had the ball.

I think one of United's biggest problem now is that we have **** passers. Obviously growing up with Beckham, Scholes, Ronaldo, Rio, Carrick etc. I've been spoiled, but the ball used to whip around the bitch with pace and accuracy. But now, there is little accuracy, regardless of distance, and long passes are few and far between because guys can't make them.

You're right. When you compare our midfield with yours, you can see that the passing let you down big time. I think you need to move on from Pogba - take the money and get a world class passer. Your management needs looking at. Your buying has been so bad considering that you have both the money and the caché which means any player in the world wants to play for you. You also have a great academy but you seem unable to put a team together that merits the name of "Manchester United". That sounds stupid when I write it because you are still a major CL team every year but you're not quite the CL team that RM,B or PSG are. and that is your status.

Manchester ownership needs to sort itself out and the management side of the club (from top to bottom) quickly because Football is unforgiving and the youngsters who buy the products only follow winners. You are sitting precariously on your perch at the moment.

Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by Shaazzam » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:51 pm

HIF wrote:
Shaazzam wrote:
HIF wrote:

You're right. When you compare our midfield with yours, you can see that the passing let you down big time. I think you need to move on from Pogba - take the money and get a world class passer. Your management needs looking at. Your buying has been so bad considering that you have both the money and the caché which means any player in the world wants to play for you. You also have a great academy but you seem unable to put a team together that merits the name of "Manchester United". That sounds stupid when I write it because you are still a major CL team every year but you're not quite the CL team that RM,B or PSG are. and that is your status.

Manchester ownership needs to sort itself out and the management side of the club (from top to bottom) quickly because Football is unforgiving and the youngsters who buy the products only follow winners. You are sitting precariously on your perch at the moment.

Yeah, if we had like a Carrick-type passer we could really unleash the greyhounds we have in attack. So many runs and no service. Maybe that's why Martial only wants the ball played to his feet...
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
HIF
RealGM

Post#33 » by HIF » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:10 pm

Best of luck to Chelsea in the Semi this afternoon.

HIF
RealGM

Post#34 » by HIF » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:12 pm

I see Tuchel hasn't even got Abraham on the bench. Hopefully that means he's on the way to Leicester in the summer.

stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,714

Post#35 » by stormi » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:44 pm

HIF wrote:I see Tuchel hasn't even got Abraham on the bench. Hopefully that means he's on the way to Leicester in the summer.

Been hearing West Ham wants to bring him in as their top priority this summer. I think he'll leave Chelsea and have a very productive career somewhere else in the prem. HÃ¥land isn't coming. Maybe it's a Lukaku reunion or something.
HIF
RealGM

Post#36 » by HIF » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:53 pm

stormi wrote:
HIF wrote:I see Tuchel hasn't even got Abraham on the bench. Hopefully that means he's on the way to Leicester in the summer.

Been hearing West Ham wants to bring him in as their top priority this summer. I think he'll leave Chelsea and have a very productive career somewhere else in the prem. HÃ¥land isn't coming. Maybe it's a Lukaku reunion or something.

West Ham won't make europe. If we make CL we'll have a head start over a lot of teams.

The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#37 » by The_Brecht » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:26 pm

Looks like City are in a little slump.
De Bruyne also injured.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
HIF
RealGM

Post#38 » by HIF » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:32 pm

The_Brecht wrote:Looks like City are in a little slump.
De Bruyne also injured.

Should still get the double League and League cup.

HIF
RealGM

Post#39 » by HIF » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:33 pm

Now we need to do the necessary and make the Final against them.

HIF
RealGM

Post#40 » by HIF » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:59 pm

The time is now. Come on Leicester. Please.

Return to The General Soccer Board