2021-22 English Premier League Discussion Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,262

Re: 2021-22 English Premier League Discussion Thread 

Post#621 » by Baseline81 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:08 pm

Remember when Manchester United fans thought they may be able to pip 4th after Ronaldo's hat trick to save them against Norwich City? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

And now Liverpool thrashes them 4-0 (9-0 on aggregate).
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer
And1: 858

Post#622 » by LDNMagic90 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:34 pm

If any of you guys are football manager players then, managing Man Utd's rebuild should be fun on the game lol.

Ralf has had enough and you can tell, they need like 6-10 new players for Ten Haag to even be decent as a manager. Everyone has been laying into Maguire (rightly so) for how he's played but for the first goal Liverpool scored could've been avoided if they had a decent midfield.

No CB should be in a situation where they have to come to almost half way to try and defend an attack, a good midfield helps stop that from happening.

Read on Twitter
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,267

Post#623 » by Shaazzam » Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:23 pm

gotta say, not many things that are more fun than expecting to get shelled by your biggest rival.. and then getting shelled :(
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,625

Post#624 » by Baphomet » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:37 pm

Throw another into the pandora's box of reasons to hate Chelsea: they always roll over for Arsenal. What a pathetic performance.

I think that might be among the worst performances I've ever seen from them post-Abramovich takeover.

Top four race is going to be great, though. Going to the wire.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#625 » by HIF » Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:02 am

Baphomet wrote:Throw another into the pandora's box of reasons to hate Chelsea: they always roll over for Arsenal. What a pathetic performance.

I think that might be among the worst performances I've ever seen from them post-Abramovich takeover.

It's great in many ways but not in quality.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#626 » by Baphomet » Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:38 pm

HIF wrote:
Baphomet wrote:Throw another into the pandora's box of reasons to hate Chelsea: they always roll over for Arsenal. What a pathetic performance.

Inconsistency, I'd say. Spurs and Arsenal have shown plenty of quality this season, just not as often as they'd like.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,969

Post#627 » by Sedale Threatt » Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:17 pm

LDNMagic90 wrote:If any of you guys are football manager players then, managing Man Utd's rebuild should be fun on the game lol

Semi- off topic, but do you play? Working from home the past two years gave me the chance to indulge like I never have before. I actually had to uninstall it from my PC because I was spending so much time on it. The addiction is real.
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#628 » by LDNMagic90 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:37 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:If any of you guys are football manager players then, managing Man Utd's rebuild should be fun on the game lol

Semi- off topic, but do you play? Working from home the past two years gave me the chance to indulge like I never have before. I actually had to uninstall it from my PC because I was spending so much time on it. The addiction is real.

I think I played way too much football manager over the years lol. I love the game but you can really get caught up in it, it’s really addictive. I haven’t got this years one for that same reason but I have some time off soon so I might download it
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,969

Post#629 » by Sedale Threatt » Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:15 am

LDNMagic90 wrote:
Sedale Threatt wrote:

I think I played way too much football manager over the years lol. I love the game but you can really get caught up in it, it’s really addictive. I haven’t got this years one for that same reason but I have some time off soon so I might download it

The changes are so minimal that I usually only buy it every year. I like playing in 20-year chunks, taking League One teams up and developing them into European powers, so it's an unbelievably satisfying experience. I've been gaming for a looooong time and there haven't been many games that have sucked me in like this.
HIF
RealGM

Post#630 » by HIF » Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:26 am

Baphomet wrote:
HIF wrote:

Inconsistency, I'd say. Spurs and Arsenal have shown plenty of quality this season, just not as often as they'd like.

I guess we differ on our definition of quality. Every team in the prem has times when they play wonderful football, consistent wonderful football for 90 minutes, for a season, is quality. Liverpool and Man city are quality.

HIF
RealGM

Post#631 » by HIF » Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:29 am

LDNMagic90 wrote:
Sedale Threatt wrote:

I'm nearly 60 and I played FM before it was FM in the 80's. I dusted it off a couple of weeks ago (well I d/L FM21) after my teaching was mostly finished and I wracked up 3 seasons as Notts Co. (closest midlands team in the non-league I could find). I just can't stop. Won van then second in Div2 now div 1 having turned down the chance to manage Brentford in the Prem.

HIF
RealGM

Post#632 » by HIF » Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:30 am

Sedale Threatt wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:
Sedale Threatt wrote:

The changes are so minimal that I usually only buy it every year. I like playing in 20-year chunks, taking League One teams up and developing them into European powers, so it's an unbelievably satisfying experience. I've been gaming for a looooong time and there haven't been many games that have sucked me in like this.

I have the same problem with many games - Civilisation chiefly but CK3 & Europa being 2 others.

LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#633 » by LDNMagic90 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:31 pm

Declan Rice has rejected another contract proposal from West Ham.

This summer might be another crazy summer, Rice on the move prob will go for over £100 mill, Philips maybe on the move? depending if Leeds get dragged to the relegation zone.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#634 » by Baphomet » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:33 pm

HIF wrote:I'm nearly 60 and I played FM before it was FM in the 80's. I dusted it off a couple of weeks ago (well I d/L FM21) after my teaching was mostly finished and I wracked up 3 seasons as Notts Co. (closest midlands team in the non-league I could find). I just can't stop. Won van then second in Div2 now div 1 having turned down the chance to manage Brentford in the Prem.

I've been playing since the Championship Manager days as well. I'll never forget signing the famous Ivorian wonderkid Ibrahima Bakayoko for Barnet in Championship Manager 98 and carrying us to the top flight. Haven't played FM so much recently but with FIFA being crap and PES being dead, it's about the only football simulation that hits the right spot.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#635 » by Baphomet » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:35 pm

LDNMagic90 wrote:Declan Rice has rejected another contract proposal from West Ham.

This summer might be another crazy summer, Rice on the move prob will go for over £100 mill, Philips maybe on the move? depending if Leeds get dragged to the relegation zone.

Should he actually be available, Man United would be fools if this wasn't Ten Hag's first signing. Despite what a lot of people say, the lad is absolute class and fits a critical position of need for them.
SgtPepper
Junior
And1: 145

Post#636 » by SgtPepper » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:24 am

I tried FM20 with Fiorentina a few days ago but was exhausted by the end of the first preseason match with the pressers and other useless conversations and deleted the game. They need one with a modern game engine that pares it down to matchdays and transfers.

I have previously done the pentagon challenge at both club and NT levels in FM 12,15,18.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,780

Post#637 » by UcanUwill » Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:31 pm

HIF wrote:
Sedale Threatt wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:

I have the same problem with many games - Civilisation chiefly but CK3 & Europa being 2 others.

I play CIV V and CK3. If I decide to load up CIV V at the start of the weekend, it is death sentence to all my free time. Never played Football manager outside of few hours like 15 years ago, I am just casual Football fan and dont understand game enough, so I never trusted myself to get into these games.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#638 » by Baphomet » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:33 pm

HIF wrote:I guess we differ on our definition of quality. Every team in the prem has times when they play wonderful football, consistent wonderful football for 90 minutes, for a season, is quality. Liverpool and Man city are quality.

Yeah, forget I said anything about Spurs and quality in the same sentence. We're crap.

Congrats to Arsenal on top 4.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,262

Post#639 » by Baseline81 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:30 pm

Baphomet wrote:Yeah, forget I said anything about Spurs and quality in the same sentence. We're crap.

I was astonished at how poor they played, especially the passing.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#640 » by Baphomet » Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:56 pm

Baseline81 wrote:
Baphomet wrote:Yeah, forget I said anything about Spurs and quality in the same sentence. We're crap.

I was astonished at how poor they played, especially the passing.

Don't be, we've been like this all season. Scoring for fun and creating tons of chances, and when you think the team is turning a corner all of a sudden our attack just grinds to a halt. I think it's a mental problem with this group.

The crossing was especially appalling. Don't remember a single one finding a target, most ended up in the stands.

Return to The General Soccer Board